Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,784 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:16 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1680) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2069467 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1677) (1678) (1679) (1680) (1681) (1682) (1683) ... (1697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by swagifted(m): 12:07pm On Apr 26
i have one sonoff energy meter, without internet I can turn it off or on....but also without internet i cant see the live statistics, can flashing it make me see the statistics without internet?
adrusa:

The major benefit for me is that I don't need internet to control my switches. I actually came across Home Assistant, Tasmota and Esphome when I started looking for ways of controlling my switches when the internet is down in the house.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by swagifted(m): 12:10pm On Apr 26
mine are 5 years and counting,
Oshomo12:
This Sonoff is just rubbish, mine stopped working it just 1year of use.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by adeshina36(m): 12:13pm On Apr 26
I use (2) 220ah battery

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by moneyest(m): 1:08pm On Apr 26
adrusa:

My AC is the regular AC, bought close to 10 years ago. The power consumption depends on ambient temperature. When the weather is hot, it consumes more power.
I haven't seen any significant initial surge as I see with the pumping machine. When it came up yesterday night about 11:40pm, the starting power was 1457W which came down to 1421W at about 1:20am when it went off. Earlier yesterday in the afternoon, the starting power was 1588W.

What is the initial surge you normally witness with your pumping machine and what's the horsepower?

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Danibestguy: 1:14pm On Apr 26
adeshina36:
I use (2) 220ah battery

How long does your panels take to charge your batteries on average?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by HeavenlyBang(m): 1:23pm On Apr 26
mctfopt:
Between LG Inverter AC, Hisense Inverter AC and Thermocool GenPal Inverter AC, which amongst these three has the lowest consumption of wattage? I'm looking at the 1HP capacity.

LG Dual Inverters are excellent, and I hear Thermocool GenPal is even better.

Hisense, well idk. They're apparently not great. I'll test mine and post results later.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by adeshina36(m): 1:44pm On Apr 26
Danibestguy:

How long does your panels take to charge your batteries on average?

The problem is I just did the setup just few days ago and I’m new to solar system but my observation for the few days is don’t take that long for the panel to charge it let say 3hrs but once it’s evening time and I try to put it on the battery is always on either 70% or 66% so I really can’t tell when it’s fully charged.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dacool1(m): 2:58pm On Apr 26
adeshina36:

The problem is I just did the setup just few days ago and I’m new to solar system but my observation for the few days is don’t take that long for the panel to charge it let say 3hrs but once it’s evening time and I try to put it on the battery is always on either 70% or 66% so I really can’t tell when it’s fully charged.

Can you ignore the battery percentage and state the voltages at different charge levels

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 3:50pm On Apr 26
HeavenlyBang:

LG Dual Inverters are excellent, and I hear Thermocool GenPal is even better.

Hisense, well idk. They're apparently not great. I'll test mine and post results later.

Thanks a lot. Please tag me when you post your results.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 3:51pm On Apr 26
My friend has a Schneider Conext SW 4048 Inverter and is looking for any third party means of remote monitoring. Please if you have resources please do share.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 6:18pm On Apr 26
adeshina36:

Were you told of any 50% usage rule?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by adeshina36(m): 6:59pm On Apr 26
dacool1:

Can you ignore the battery percentage and state the voltages at different charge levels

Currently after charging it since morning this is what I get as the voltage. Just about to use now to know how many hours in total it will last.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by adeshina36(m): 6:59pm On Apr 26
Trippledots:

Were you told of any 50% usage rule?
No I wasn’t told anything of such
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Drgreatone: 7:12pm On Apr 26
adeshina36:

Currently after charging it since morning this is what I get as the voltage. Just about to use now to know how many hours in total it will last.
I'm seeing 55%, is it my eyes or what's showing? That 24.0 means ur battery is already at 50%
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Drgreatone: 7:15pm On Apr 26
adeshina36:
Good evening

Please I have this kind of configuration setup in my apartment

5kva 24v Inveter
400Watts Solar panels (5)
220ah battery (2)
60amps charger

My question is whenever I try charging with Nepa light o shows it fully charged within few minutes but when it’s on resting stage meaning when it not connect to any form of charge and I check the battery I get 77% even while on solar it shows it fully charged but at the end of the day I see 75% please how can I get it charged to 100% or should I just ignore the fact that it say fully charged and continue charging please any help would be appreciated. Thank you 🙏🏾
What do u mean by 'continue charging'? The inverter/charger sud trip of once battery is full. What's ur load like during the day? Ow many percentage is ur load? Ow long do u run it before it reaches 50% (24.0v)?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by adeshina36(m): 7:16pm On Apr 26
Drgreatone:

I'm seeing 55%, is it my eyes or what's showing? That 24.0 means ur battery is already at 50%

Yes meanwhile have been charging it since yesterday with constant light together with Panel but still won’t get a fully charged battery
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by adeshina36(m): 7:19pm On Apr 26
Drgreatone:

What do u mean by 'continue charging'? The inverter/charger sud trip of once battery is full. What's ur load like during the day? Ow many percentage is ur load? Ow long do u run it before it reaches 50% (24.0v)?

I haven’t used it at all I just got it setup just 4days ago and meanwhile since 3days we started having constant light after it got spoilt 2weeks ago I only use it for like an hr and switched it off back to continue charging during the time I use it I don’t overload it just my 65inc tv and fan. So I’m surprise while it still isn’t fully charge after the whole 48hrs of charging including panel
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valentinooo: 7:39pm On Apr 26
dollarnaira:
JINKO 435W-OUT OF STOCK
JINKO 440W-OUT OF STOCK
JINKO 475W-130,000
JINKO 550W- 155,000
JINKO 580W-160,000
JINKO 625W-170,000

An authorized dealer in Ikorodu.
Fouani supplied.
Delivery available.

Can you deliver to Ibadan
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Oshomo12(m): 7:59pm On Apr 26
litaninja:
Ha. I can almost swear by them o. They do what they need to do, no issues, no palava.
Did you flash tasmota?

I almost did but later left it alone as it is. Just discovered some days back that it stopped working.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by obitobe: 8:01pm On Apr 26
adeshina36:
Good evening

5kva 24v Inveter
220ah battery (2)
60amps charger

My question is whenever I try charging with Nepa light o shows it fully charged within few minutes but when it’s on resting stage meaning when it not connect to any form of charge and I check the battery I get 77% even while on solar it shows it fully charged but at the end of the day I see 75% please how can I get it charged to 100% or should I just ignore the fact that it say fully charged and continue charging please any help would be appreciated. Thank you 🙏🏾

please answer this questions

1. what is the battery voltage when is shows 100%
2. what is the Voc of your Charge controller.
3. how was the panels connected, in series, parallel or mixed.
4. what is the panel Voc.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Oshomo12(m): 8:03pm On Apr 26
swagifted:
mine are 5 years and counting,

That's nice, I bought it when I saw guys here using it without issues for more than two years. I was using a din rail timer before I switched to Sonoff for better control.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 8:15pm On Apr 26
adeshina36:

Yes meanwhile have been charging it since yesterday with constant light together with Panel but still won’t get a fully charged battery
You put about 2.5kva load on your lead acid battery?!!!

How are we even sure the panels capacities are real, the size of PV cables are optimal, etc

Your installer didn't give you Dos and Don'ts for your type of system Abi na those type of installers wey de promise 24hrs on top 2 battery....wahalad.

Let me give you some tips for this battery
1. Ideally You shouldn't load your batteries more than about 500watts.

2. You should not use your battery below 50% which is roughly around that 24v you are seeing.

3. Ensure electrolyte level is within range using the hydrometer screwed on it.

4. Ensure your battery charges till float after every deep discharge

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 8:17pm On Apr 26
obitobe:

please answer this questions

1. what is the battery voltage when is shows 100%
2. what is the Voc of your Charge controller.
3. how was the panels connected, in series, parallel or mixed.
4. what is the panel Voc.

I have a feeling these questions are too technical for her at this stage .

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Drgreatone: 9:02pm On Apr 26
Trippledots:

You put about 2.5kva load on your lead acid battery?!!!

How are we even sure the panels capacities are real, the size of PV cables are optimal, etc

Your installer didn't give you Dos and Don'ts for your type of system Abi na those type of installers wey de promise 24hrs on top 2 battery....wahalad.

Let me give you some tips for this battery
1. Ideally You shouldn't load your batteries more than about 500watts.

2. You should not use your battery below 50% which is roughly around that 24v you are seeing.

3. Ensure electrolyte level is within range using the hydrometer screwed on it.

4. Ensure your battery charges till float after every deep discharge
That 55% wud drain his batteries to 50% in less than an hour. Reduced lifespan too for the batteries as he's drawing almost 50amps from each battery.
Perfect recipe for failure. He needs to sit his installer down to explain what he did and how to pamper his system.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Drgreatone: 9:08pm On Apr 26
adeshina36:
Good evening

5kva 24v Inveter
220ah battery (2)
60amps charger

The 75% u are getting could be a factor to voltage sag common with tubular batteries. Could also be a factor of the load u put on it

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 10:09pm On Apr 26
Valentinooo:

Can you deliver to Ibadan
Yes
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 10:09pm On Apr 26
adeshina36:
Good evening

5kva 24v Inveter
220ah battery (2)
60amps charger

First of all, congratulations on your set up.

I don't trust inverters with inbuilt chargers as they hardly charge batteries optimally. I speak out of experience from using 2 inverters. Most times, they undercharge your batteries and indicate them as been filled, when they aren't. Solar charge controllers are more efficient in charging batteries, under the same conditions, compared to inverters

Next, you need to be able to monitor the voltage of your batteries while charging and during usage to ensure they are always optimally charged and that you always stick to the 50% DoD rule a brother up there mentioned. The life of your battery depends on it. Get yourself a voltmeter and regularly do the checks. Or get this small digital voltmeter and have it permanently connected to your batteries so that you can get the voltage reading immediate

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by adeshina36(m): 10:17pm On Apr 26
odimbannamdi:

First of all, congratulations on your set up.

I don't trust inverters with inbuilt chargers as they hardly charge batteries optimally. I speak out of experience from using 2 inverters. Most times, they undercharge your batteries and indicate them as been filled, when they aren't. Solar charge controllers are more efficient in charging batteries, under the same conditions, compared to inverters

Next, you need to be able to monitor the voltage of your batteries while charging and during usage to ensure they are always optimally charged and that you always stick to the 50% DoD rule a brother up there mentioned. The life of your battery depends on it. Get yourself a voltmeter and regularly do the checks. Or get this small digital voltmeter and have it permanently connected to your batteries so that you can get the voltage reading immediate

Thanks so much for this I thinking getting the Voltmeter will really save me the stress of not knowing the actual voltage.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 10:30pm On Apr 26
adeshina36:

Thanks so much for this I thinking getting the Voltmeter will really save me the stress of not knowing the actual voltage.

It really will. I have it on all my batteries. This is my main battery bank now. Na 26.4 dey there...it is just connected upside down... grin

It monitors the voltage in real time with no efforts from you.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by alosbaba007(m): 10:40pm On Apr 26
odimbannamdi:

It really will. I have it on all my batteries. This is my main battery bank now. Na 26.4 dey there...it is just connected upside down... grin

It monitors the voltage in real time with no efforts from you.

I think a battery equalizer will also work well for him too , making sure the batteries are topped off nd he can also view the voltage.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 2:31am On Apr 27
Betnomore:
Till now i never get answer to my inquiry. No local seller around ikorodu?

you don check petrol stations like TOTAL ?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 2:32am On Apr 27
ojesymsym:
Both of you are saying the different things on same topic, so which is the correct one in terms of being more lethal? High voltage/low current or High current/ low voltage?

you know there are people who don't know that something as little as 1-amps from a 200Volts source, is much deadlier than 12-amps from a 5Volts source.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1677) (1678) (1679) (1680) (1681) (1682) (1683) ... (1697) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: Drgreatone, Feshizzy(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.