Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,221 members, 7,811,619 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:48 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (276) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2048487 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) ... (1684) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by garbamaza: 4:31pm On Jul 25, 2017
xij38580:
I have the following for sale :

1)iCell 12V 1.5KVA Inverter (75k)
2)Two 200W CSUN solar panels(60k)
3)Circuit breaker (2k each)
Would give out the circuit breaker for free to whoever buys 1 and 2 together

Thank you 08025426934 wale
The solar panel, its mono or poly
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by pranil(m): 5:24pm On Jul 25, 2017
JohnKester:

@Pranil

Can you confirm if these batteries develop any form of memory over time?

Cheers

Yes LIFePO4 does not have mneoery but cycle life and % DOD is very much related

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by pranil(m): 5:37pm On Jul 25, 2017
jazzman2:

The poster, Damola, mentioned they are CALB cells. You can check online for their specs.

Thanks, I checked from web -9 http://www.evlithium.com/CALB_Battery/42.html)
They are multipurpose for EV ( vehicle) and storage with very high rating - Similar Brand new cells on EVpower are 250 USD per piece

so it a good deal DAMOLA has found
smiley
But additional BMS is recommended - http://gwl-power.tumblr.com/tagged/SBM

they are rated as

Cycle Life 80DOD% ≥2000 times
Max.Charge Current ≤3CA

Max.Discharge Current Constant Current ≤4CA

Impulse Current ≤12CA

Standard charge/discharge current0.3CA

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by damola1: 5:44pm On Jul 25, 2017
pranil:

Thanks, I checked from web -9 http://www.evlithium.com/CALB_Battery/42.html)
They are multipurpose for EV ( vehicle) and storage with very high rating - Similar Brand new cells on EVpower are 250 USD per piece

so it a good deal DAMOLA has found
smiley
But additional BMS is recommended - http://gwl-power.tumblr.com/tagged/SBM

they are rated as

Cycle Life 80DOD% ≥2000 times
Max.Charge Current ≤3CA

Max.Discharge Current Constant Current ≤4CA

Impulse Current ≤12CA

Standard charge/discharge current0.3CA
jazzman2:

To do the test, you basically hook up each cell to precision dc power supply through a coulomb or energy meter like the trimetric or victron energy meters. But before then, you will have to drain each cell to zero SOC state, which is at 2.5v resting voltage after 24hrs. Set the bench supply to constant current mode @ 0.5C rate. Set an over-voltage cutoff at 3.65V and allow it to charge up until the voltage reaches 3.65v and cuts off. The energy meter should be able to read off how much AH put into the cell. As a confirmation, modify the setup and discharge the cell through the energy meter to a load resistor to 2.5v after resetting the energy meter.

So, make I buy am ba?

cos, there's no way to test, and i am simply stuck. na 1M I wan throw on top 12 batteries. Make I no go put am on top brick as jazzman2 yarn.

the seller said:

The systems they come from have only done a few cycles, secondly I tests them through a few cycles to make sure there are no under performing cells.

Best regards
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DMerciful(m): 7:30pm On Jul 25, 2017
I recommend you go with d LiFeO4 batteries. They are the future with huge advantages. I am using one currently and loving it
damola1:

So, make I buy am ba?

cos, there's no way to test, and i am simply stuck. na 1M I wan throw on top 12 batteries. Make I no go put am on top brick as jazzman2 yarn.

the seller said:

The systems they come from have only done a few cycles, secondly I tests them through a few cycles to make sure there are no under performing cells.

Best regards

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DUNKA(m): 1:09am On Jul 26, 2017
Goodmorning all for the solar water heater pictured below if one is installing on an aluminum roof how is it secured?

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 8:48am On Jul 26, 2017
DUNKA:
Goodmorning all for the solar water heater pictured below if one is installing on an aluminum roof how is it secured?

following bumper to bumper.

also in this rainy season where we r having 3 to 5 days of rainfall....how is it holding up?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by damola1: 10:41am On Jul 26, 2017
DMerciful:
I recommend you go with d LiFeO4 batteries. They are the future with huge advantages. I am using one currently and loving it
-----------------
The seller stated:

These LiFePO4 need to be run with a BMS (Battery management system) . If you haven't worked with lithium cells then it would be better to use Lead Acid Deep Cycle Batteries which are more forgiving to accidental mistakes.

--------------
Me, I don't know anything about BMS. But do I know anything about inverter before? what we need is un interrupted power. so, am sure if need be , one can overcome it, is this something to worry about?

Normally, as long as I put my battery in a ventilated area. and make sure it works fine. Is there any other factor to work on? OR do I need to engage the services of a local professional? in installation and on going usage.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jazzman2(m): 11:18am On Jul 26, 2017
damola1:

-----------------
The seller stated:

These LiFePO4 need to be run with a BMS (Battery management system) . If you haven't worked with lithium cells then it would be better to use Lead Acid Deep Cycle Batteries which are more forgiving to accidental mistakes.

--------------
Me, I don't know anything about BMS. But do I know anything about inverter before? what we need is un interrupted power. so, am sure if need be , one can overcome it, is this something to worry about?

Normally, as long as I put my battery in a ventilated area. and make sure it works fine. Is there any other factor to work on? OR do I need to engage the services of a local professional? in installation and on going usage.

@Damola1, you need to know exactly what you are doing with LifePO4 cells or like I said b4, they will turn very quickly to expensive bricks. Go through this discussion https://www.solarpaneltalk.com/forum/off-grid-solar/batteries-energy-storage/lithium-ion/2017-lifepo4-the-future-for-off-grid-battery-banks to get an idea what you are dealing with. Regards
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Oshomo12(m): 11:21am On Jul 26, 2017
damola1:

-----------------
The seller stated:

--------------

Do a YouTube search on Lifepo4 BMS, also read about it. This is very important if you intend to use this battery chemistry. It's the best for now and also expensive too. So you cannot afford a mistake on them.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by damola1: 11:50am On Jul 26, 2017
Oshomo12:

Do a YouTube search on Lifepo4 BMS, also read about it. This is very important if you intend to use this battery chemistry. It's the best for now and also expensive too. So you cannot afford a mistake on them.

jazzman2:

@Damola1, you need to know exactly what you are doing with LifePO4 cells or like I said b4, they will turn very quickly to expensive bricks. Go through this discussion https://www.solarpaneltalk.com/forum/off-grid-solar/batteries-energy-storage/lithium-ion/2017-lifepo4-the-future-for-off-grid-battery-banks to get an idea what you are dealing with. Regards

I continue to appreciate your kind input.

A few pages of reading and the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6i8i6h1LkBw

The charge efficiency of LiFePO4 is very high. Which is really very good for our epileptic power supply in this part of the world

The BMS prevents overcharge and overdischarge - there is some weak balancing in the pack to bring the voltages over time to even values.

A Controller has also a function to disconnect the load in case of battery discharge. Put low voltage sensor just to protect batteries.

Use a standard PWM charge controllers with LFP battery system

For example:

PWM charger adjusted at 14,8V;BMS system and low voltage sensor set to disconnect the inverter at 10V. because The low voltage sensor is VERY important to protect the batteries.. Even one time you go below 2.2v per cell the battery can go DEAD

-----------------------------------------

Point 1. this LiFePO4 is cheaper for me right now than the lead acid. if it's actually at 90% as stated. At 125. about: 65k excluding shipping and duty. so, maybe: 85kplus.
Point 2. I am a small business owner. And in most cases what I need is for an expert to setup the system, and for it to run independently. if there's any issue at any point, contact a pro to look at it... will this change for this system?
Point 3. i don't have a solar system yet. presently, we get at least: 14 hours of electricity at work, and I only need a battery to be there to backup for the remaining 10hours or so.

-------------------------------------

Really, from can't I get a pro to get this running without having to be directly involved in the technical aspect?

Yes. one needs to be careful not just with this but anything new. However, with the right technical expertise to manage it. then is that really a big deal?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Oshomo12(m): 12:42pm On Jul 26, 2017
@Demola1, state ur location so that any pro close to u will help u out once u have those batteries in place.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by damola1: 12:47pm On Jul 26, 2017
Oshomo12:
@Demola1, state ur location so that any pro close to u will help u out once u have those batteries in place.

I am ikeja. Off oba akran. Right now. I need to buy or not buy. Should I buy?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dapsyra(m): 1:39pm On Jul 26, 2017
@Damola1,

LifePO4 batteries are categorised as "Hazmat" for shipping purposes. This impact shipping cost adversely.

Please get a firm quotation for shipping before buying.

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by damola1: 1:49pm On Jul 26, 2017
dapsyra:
@Damola1,

LifePO4 batteries are categorised as "Hazmat" for shipping purposes. This impact shipping cost adversely.

I ship by sea. not air.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jazzman2(m): 1:53pm On Jul 26, 2017
dapsyra:
@Damola1,

Dapsyra is right. They are classified under IATA, DOT and IMO as class 9 Harzardous goods, UN3480 classification. Confirm the shipping mode and cost.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by damola1: 2:01pm On Jul 26, 2017
jazzman2:

Dapsyra is right. They are classified under IATA, DOT and IMO as class 9 Harzardous goods, UN3480 classification. Confirm the shipping mode and cost.

Batteries generally by air yes.. but I will inquire from my FF for sea. if there's any special classification now.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 2:28pm On Jul 26, 2017
DUNKA:

dunka,
my candid opinion is to get an independent tower to install your water heater.
however, if you insist on installing it on your aluminium roof, make sure you
consult your carpenter for proper reinforcement of your roof polines and beams.
i had similar thoughts like yours when i was going to acquire my own 300l but
after it arrived and i had it assembled, i was like "wow!" "there is no way i'm
going to place that massive frame filled with water on my roof!"
so, i instantly began discussions with my welder for a separate water tower.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 2:32pm On Jul 26, 2017
earthrealm:

also in this rainy season where we r having 3 to 5 days of rainfall....how is it holding up?

earthrealm,
like i said in the previous page:

https://www.nairaland.com/390522/solar-energy-complement-fta/274#58735529

my system is holding up well.

here in the south-south, we are in the thick of the rainy season - what some peeps call
"7 days rain" and no surprise, we are still bathing with hot water despite the continuous
rainfall.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JohnKester: 3:22pm On Jul 26, 2017
DMerciful:

DMerciful

Kindly enlighten us on the performance of your LIFEO4 Battery, so and your general experience with them compared with flooded Lead Acid Batteries. I am keenly interested, although my L16 Trojan are still performing like brand new, it is good to follow the trend in the development of batteries, in the event that one wishes to upgrade the system.

Cheers
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JohnKester: 3:26pm On Jul 26, 2017
earthrealm:

Performing just as it did last year, when we had 10 days of continuous rainy/cloudy days, we still had hot water with the few hours of sunlight that comes up daily. We had hot water all throughout. The only difference is that it would not be as hot as in the dry season, but good enough to still mix it otherwise you can scald your skin!

Cheers

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by xij38580: 4:56pm On Jul 26, 2017
garbamaza:

The solar panel, its mono or poly

mono
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by oneshowguy: 5:31pm On Jul 26, 2017
Kung Long Batteries Industrial Co., Ltd. is a publicly traded expert manufacturer of lead acid batteries. It owns and operates two manufacturing facilities in Taiwan and one in Viet Nam. It manufactures more than 200 different types of batteries, including batteries for electric vehicles, uninterrupted power supply systems, alternative energy systems, solar energy systems, mobile energy, motorcycle and automotive uses. More information concerning Kung Long Batteries is available on its website at http://www.kunglong.com/

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Oshomo12(m): 6:29pm On Jul 26, 2017
damola1:

I am ikeja. Off oba akran. Right now. I need to buy or not buy. Should I buy?
After you have confirmed the shipping cost as pointed out by other guys. Pls do buy it, though I am not anywhere near Lagos. I am sure u will see people to help u out here.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zoboizee: 8:21pm On Jul 26, 2017
Pls guys, can one run a cable from solar charge controller to battery at a distance of 12feet thru the roof? Will this distance have any effect on the charge current or leads to high loss of energy. Its for safety purpose. The house is too small to leave the inverter&battery on the corridor where the controller will be because of the kids. The inverter & battery is in the living room.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mank1234(m): 9:05pm On Jul 26, 2017
zoboizee:
Pls guys, can one run a cable from solar charge controller to battery at a distance of 12feet thru the roof? Will this distance have any effect on the charge current or leads to high loss of energy. Its for safety purpose. The house is too small to leave the inverter&battery on the corridor where the controller will be because of the kids. The inverter & battery is in the living room.
Yes and no:
Depends on the voltage of the battery bank and the current the controller will deliver to the battery. 12ft is approx 3.65m.

Consult a professional installer: he can setup the controller at same location as the inverter with your fears cleared.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DMerciful(m): 4:16am On Jul 27, 2017
My LiFeO4 batteries are doing well though I've not paid close attention to it lately as I have been very busy moreso mains supply has improved so I hardly discharge more than 30%. Still observing but so far so good.
JohnKester:

DMerciful

Kindly enlighten us on the performance of your LIFEO4 Battery, so and your general experience with them compared with flooded Lead Acid Batteries. I am keenly interested, although my L16 Trojan are still performing like brand new, it is good to follow the trend in the development of batteries, in the event that one wishes to upgrade the system.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DUNKA(m): 6:16am On Jul 27, 2017
GeorgeD1:

dunka,
noted. Thank you
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Oshomo12(m): 7:07am On Jul 27, 2017
GeorgeD1:

dunka,
Can you share pics of the installation? I would love to have an idea of how it looks like, thank u.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by BRIGHTSOLAR(m): 10:06am On Jul 27, 2017
LUMINOUS INVERTER
1.5KVA/24V ECO 73,000
3.6KVA/48V 180,000
5KVA/96V 350,000

MICROTECH INVERTER
1.1KVA,12V 50,000
1.6KVA/24V 75,000
3.6KVA/48V 170,000
5.5KVA/48V 340,000

MUST POWER STAR INVERTER
1KVA 1000W 12v 95,000
4kva 3000W 24V 220,000
4kva 3000W 48V 260,000
5kva 4000W 48V 350,000
6kva 5000W 48V 400,000
7.5kva 6000W 48V 450,000

BATTERY
GLT BATTERY 12V/100AH 55,000
GLT BATTERY 12V/150AH 73,000
GLT BATTERY 12V/200AH 100,000
ZEEDIX BATTERY 12V/100AH 45,000
ZEEDIX BATTERY 12V/150AH 70,000
ZEEDIX BATTERY 12V/200AH 90,000

BATTERY RACK
BATTERY RACK 2 BATTERY 15,000
BATTERY RACK 4 BATTERIES 30,000
BATTERY RACK 8 BATTERIES 50,000

CHARGE CONTROLLER ROY SOLAR SERIES
20A 12/24V PWM CONTROLLER 20,000
30A 12/24V PWM CONTROLLER 25,000
40A 48v PWM controller (LED) 50,000
30A 96v PWM controller (LCD) 120,000
60A 48v PWM controller (LCD) 95,000

SOLAR PANEL
150w M-40,000
200w M-45,000
260w M-60,000
310w M-75,000

Bright Solar Power ONLINE STORE FOR SOLAR PRODUCTS SOURCING

Call-07058562938
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Chuckdee(m): 10:31am On Jul 27, 2017
Oshomo12:

Can you share pics of the installation? I would love to have an idea of how it looks like, thank u.

Here you go:

https://www.nairaland.com/390522/solar-energy-complement-fta/183#50744403

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 11:12am On Jul 27, 2017
BRIGHTSOLAR:
LUMINOUS INVERTER
1.5KVA/24V ECO 73,000
3.6KVA/48V 180,000
5KVA/96V 350,000

MICROTECH INVERTER
1.1KVA,12V 50,000
1.6KVA/24V 75,000
3.6KVA/48V 170,000
5.5KVA/48V 340,000

MUST POWER STAR INVERTER
1KVA 1000W 12v 95,000
4kva 3000W 24V 220,000
4kva 3000W 48V 260,000
5kva 4000W 48V 350,000
6kva 5000W 48V 400,000
7.5kva 6000W 48V 450,000

BATTERY
GLT BATTERY 12V/100AH 55,000
GLT BATTERY 12V/150AH 73,000
GLT BATTERY 12V/200AH 100,000
ZEEDIX BATTERY 12V/100AH 45,000
ZEEDIX BATTERY 12V/150AH 70,000
ZEEDIX BATTERY 12V/200AH 90,000

BATTERY RACK
BATTERY RACK 2 BATTERY 15,000
BATTERY RACK 4 BATTERIES 30,000
BATTERY RACK 8 BATTERIES 50,000

CHARGE CONTROLLER ROY SOLAR SERIES
20A 12/24V PWM CONTROLLER 20,000
30A 12/24V PWM CONTROLLER 25,000
40A 48v PWM controller (LED) 50,000
30A 96v PWM controller (LCD) 120,000
60A 48v PWM controller (LCD) 95,000

SOLAR PANEL
150w M-40,000
200w M-45,000
260w M-60,000
310w M-75,000

Bright Solar Power ONLINE STORE FOR SOLAR PRODUCTS SOURCING

info@brightsolarpower.com.ng

Call-07058562938

www.brightsolarpower.com.ng

Hello , pls before you use peoples images or fellow installer pics in your website , I strictly advice you to seek their consent ... I even came across a private pic of my inverter set up in your website which looks totally absurd & unprofessional .. I see no reason why you use peoples picture to decorate your website and claim unrealistic glory , it's SCAM to me and totally UNETHICAL ... Cheers

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) ... (1684) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: Hybrid600, Danibestguy and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.