Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (358) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2056247 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) ... (1689) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mcTrinity(m): 9:53pm On Feb 21, 2018
Oshomo12:

seriously shocked
I no know o
lolzzz
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 8:50am On Feb 22, 2018
mcTrinity:

1200W max (80%)
might be safer to keep the load at 1000w

errrmmmm 1.5kva = 1200w assuming 0.8pf, thus 1200w is the max capacity of the inverter, loading it up again to the max capaity isnt ideal. i would suggest 1000w maximum
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jarkbauer: 9:53am On Feb 22, 2018
i need to change my batteries.

should I go for quanta or luminous.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 9:55am On Feb 22, 2018
jarkbauer:
i need to change my batteries.

should go for quanta or luminous.

Order for ur quanta at affordable price...
Dnt do luminous
Call/whatapp 08117398294
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Oshomo12(m): 12:30pm On Feb 22, 2018
earthrealm:

errrmmmm 1.5kva = 1200w assuming 0.8pf, thus 1200w is the max capacity of the inverter, loading it up again to the max capaity isnt ideal. i would suggest 1000w maximum

@.8PF, that must be a very good inverter! I will say .68PF so d inverter ~ 1020w, load it with a max of 800w.

jarkbauer:
what is the max load in watts a 1.5KVA inverter should carry
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jarkbauer: 1:43pm On Feb 22, 2018
Oshomo12:

@.8PF, that must be a very good inverter! I will say .68PF so d inverter ~ 1020w, load it with a max of 800w.

IT IS LUMINOUS
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 2:25pm On Feb 22, 2018
Dear friends,

Please celebrate with me!!!

The good sunny days are coming back again grin I got home early today and checked out my system performance only to see 76Amps NET flowing into my batteries. I could not contain my joy and so I whipped out my camera and started taking pictures to show the house.

Glossary:

Pic 1 - Net amps flow into batteries after deducting house loads and inverter self consumption - 76Amps

Pic 2 - MorningStar CC1 connected to 3.6Kw of Flames Panels (300w x 12 Units) - 47.7Amps

Pic 3 - MorningStar CC2 connected to 2.97kw of Canadian Solar Panels (330w x 9 Units) - 45.9Amps

This for me is stellar performance for a 6.6Kw West-facing PV Array.

And more interesting even to be able to benchmark the performance of Tier 2 Flames 300w vs. Tier 1 Canadian Solar 330w using exactly the same 2units of MorningStar MPPT 60A connected to the same 48v 800Ah battery bank. I will leave the house to discuss this aspect of the price vs. performance (value for money) equation.

NB: The Flames are now about 2 years old while the Canadian Solar are just very recently installed.

Credits to MorningStar Corporation who make these wonderful CCs, Zeestone99 and crew for the installation and JUO who showed me without charge some undocumented performance tweaks that allowed me to squeeze max wattage out of this mid-sized PV array as well as Gennex Tech for supply of Canadian Solar Panels at a bargain price

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 2:45pm On Feb 22, 2018
NiyiOmoIyunade,
congrats on your harvest.indeed happy times are here at last.

and still on the matter, a snapshot from my own array this afternoon.

credits to juo and his team who came around to wash off the last remaining
harmattan dust and soot from my panels.

truly d sun is the answer!

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 3:01pm On Feb 22, 2018
Sir!!! Master!!! Sir!!!

I bow.

It was your pioneering efforts that inspired the likes of us to go off-grid and embrace the bounties of the sun.

GeorgeD1:
NiyiOmoIyunade,

credits to juo and his team who came around to wash off the last remaining harmattan dust and soot from my panels.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 3:19pm On Feb 22, 2018
Oga GeorgeD1.

Please I have a question - how were you able to sync the output of two MorningStar CCs to just one remote meter? Are you using the MorningStar MeterHub? And if yes does it also allow you to synchronize perfectly the charging behaviour of both CCs

As you may notice from my posted pics, I have been facing challenges getting my two MorningStar CCs to act as one single unit while charging - one CC may be in Absorb while the other is in Bulk even though they are sharing one common battery voltage sense cable - in fact one may drop to Float while the other one then trips off and stops charging entirely.

I feel that if I can get them to be in perfect sync then I would be able to get max juice out of them. I have looked at the MeterHub documentation but I am not yet convinced that it would bring my two CCs into perfect sync.

GeorgeD1:
NiyiOmoIyunade,

credits to juo and his team who came around to wash off the last remaining harmattan dust and soot from my panels.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by sinistrian(m): 3:33pm On Feb 22, 2018
Abeg how much is morningstar cc ? My own is not giving me the required output and i think it's a CC quality issue. Using the same Flames panels that Niyi is praising o.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 3:57pm On Feb 22, 2018
I saw your prior post RE: Flames panels performance but I decided to keep quiet on it as many factors from battery SoC, mounting angle to orientation to shading to ambient weather, temperature and cloud cover and as you rightly pointed out quaity of CC used e.t.c affect yields.

I have had several opportunites to compare the performance of MorningStar vs. EP Solar side by side and the MorningStar consistently gives about 30% extra yield but bear in mind it costs twice as much sha grin MorningStar will lock to a Max power point and maintain amps output even as cloud cover e.t.c changes but EP Solar would just be jumping up and down and picking a lower yield point to settle on.

I was able to sample the Fangpusun series thanks to JUO and they do give far better performance than EP Solar as per MPPT tracking and amps output but ultimately I decided to go with my trusty MorningStar of which I know it and its capabilities in and out and have also attended a lot of their technical training e-sessions. The Fangpusun interestingly comes in at a lower price point than EP Solar.

Talk to JUO for supplies of the MorningStar or Fangpusun as with him you are almost sure to get the best prices available locally. If you wish to import a MorningStar CC and save about 20k with a 2 week wait then I may be able to help you but you have to pre-pay grin

You will always do better with the premium vs. china origin CCs but don't forget price vs performance. Someone here also has been offering the Midnite Classic at what seems to me an impossible price so you may wish to explore that route... but before you buy a new CC be sure to eliminate other system bottlenecks that may be giving you poor performance

It appears the vaster majority of people here are Midnite CC fans and they swear by their Midnite's performance but as for me and my house, we will stick with the MorningStar we know and love and trust grin grin grin

sinistrian:
Abeg how much is morningstar cc ? My own is not giving me the required output and i think it's a CC quality issue. Using the same Flames panels that Niyi is praising o.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by sinistrian(m): 4:17pm On Feb 22, 2018
@Niyi the Fangpusun you sampled, was it the Flex series or the Blue Solar ones? The online prices I'm seeing for MorningStar TS-45 are over my head - it can buy another 4 panels. Hoping someone had a morningstar for a bargain but I might also consider a tier-2 mppt controller like fangpusun
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 4:21pm On Feb 22, 2018
The Blue Solar/Victron like clone ones.

I think somebody here @BodeGeorge advertised two USED units of MorningStar MPPT 45A with display for sale - you could also reach out to him and see what you can work out.

I distinctly remember they were 45A units and not 60A so please note especially if you have future expansion plans

sinistrian:
@Niyi the Fangpusun you sampled, was it the Flex series or the Blue Solar ones? The online prices I'm seeing for MorningStar TS-45 are over my head - it can buy another 4 panels. Hoping someone had a morningstar for a bargain but I might also consider a tier-2 mppt controller like fangpusun
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 5:13pm On Feb 22, 2018
NiyiOmoIyunade:
Dear friends,

The good sunny days are coming back again grin I got home early today and checked out my system performance only to see 76Amps NET flowing into my batteries. I could not contain my joy and so I whipped out my camera and started taking pictures to show the house.

Glossary:

Pic 1 - Net amps flow into batteries after deducting house loads and inverter self consumption - 76Amps

Pic 2 - MorningStar CC1 connected to 3.6Kw of Flames Panels (300w x 12 Units) - 47.7Amps

Pic 3 - MorningStar CC2 connected to 2.97kw of Canadian Solar Panels (330w x 9 Units) - 45.9Amps

And more interesting even to be able to benchmark the performance of Tier 2 Flames 300w vs. Tier 1 Canadian Solar 330w using exactly the same 2units of MorningStar MPPT 60A connected to the same 48v 800Ah battery bank. I will leave the house to discuss this aspect of the price vs. performance (value for money) equation.

NB: The Flames are now about 2 years old while the Canadian Solar are just very recently installed.

Credits to MorningStar Corporation who make these wonderful CCs, Zeestone99 and crew for the installation and JUO who showed me without charge some undocumented performance tweaks that allowed me to squeeze max wattage out of this mid-sized PV array as well as Gennex Tech for supply of Canadian Solar Panels at a bargain price

cc @makavele let's go n steal one controller and some panels afterall if we steal half, he ll stil have enough power. grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 5:34pm On Feb 22, 2018
GeorgeD1:
NiyiOmoIyunade,

credits to juo and his team who came around to wash off the last remaining
harmattan dust and soot from my panels.

Nawa o, u guys are making me feel like I don't have common inverter, very unfair, i dare not post snapshot of my setup, una don spoil market lyk futbol transfer market ; ;DD... I was briefed abt d latest, will call u for details...
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 5:43pm On Feb 22, 2018
NiyiOmoIyunade:
Oga GeorgeD1.

Please I have a question - how were you able to sync the output of two MorningStar CCs to just one remote meter? Are you using the MorningStar MeterHub? And if yes does it also allow you to synchronize perfectly the charging behaviour of both CCs

As you may notice from my posted pics, I have been facing challenges getting my two MorningStar CCs to act as one single unit while charging - one CC may be in Absorb while the other is in Bulk even though they are sharing one common battery voltage sense cable - in fact one may drop to Float while the other one then trips off and stops charging entirely.

I feel that if I can get them to be in perfect sync then I would be able to get max juice out of them. I have looked at the MeterHub documentation but I am not yet convinced that it would bring my two CCs into perfect sync.

hello NiyiOmoIyunade,
you're right. i'm using the meter hub. one of its major uses is to allow multiple controllers share the
same meter. it aggregates the output (wattage and amperage) and allows single point control. however,
it won't help you sync your voltages.

I also had similar experience like yours when I started using more than one tristars on the same battery
bank. I noticed that one charge controller always seemed to be ahead in voltage and it would always be
first to enter absorb and float while the other one lagged behind. so after battling with this for a while
I decided to disconnect the battery sense cable from the leading charge controller. by so doing I practically
blinded the erstwhile leading cc and made the former lagging cc the new master. both voltages were now
aligned with just a 0.1v 0r at most 0.2v difference which worked great for me.

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 5:48pm On Feb 22, 2018
today's sun is really something else.

i pray for more sun hours like this for us all.

20.8kwh and still counting! smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 6:10pm On Feb 22, 2018
NiyiOmoIyunade:
Dear friends,

Glossary:

Don't 4get to give review of ur balancer, i measured his ba3s dis morning and all Ba3s were of same voltage with diff of 0.01,wch is quite impressive.I tink the balancers works better than the desulphator, anyway we await anoda review from one of our forum member here.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ola28: 7:05pm On Feb 22, 2018
HI, I have morning star coming from the USA(in 2weeks time) at a cheaper rate also I still have one midnite left. @ Niyiomoiyunade my price and the products are real and genuine and have sold to some people on this forum. Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 7:31pm On Feb 22, 2018
GeorgeD1:

Congrats smiley .. You can always rely on solar world modules ! Am glad you are happy . Cheer's

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 7:32pm On Feb 22, 2018

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 7:48pm On Feb 22, 2018
Oga Ola.

Please o! I am very sorry but I meant no offence.

What I meant by impossible was that your prices are very low and represent a super bargain relative to other sellers on this forum.

If you've been following the history of this thread, you will see that this is the kind of healthy competition we wish to encourage on this forum as it can only benefit we DIYers and the end user.

If you can keep these prices up you will be giving all the sellers on this forum a good run for their money grin grin grin

We hope to hear good reviews from those who have transacted with you and your reward for doing well will be accolades and more business for you.

All the best Sir and I will definitely call on you for the very next MorningStar I will deploy to client.

ola28:
HI, I have morning star coming from the USA(in 2weeks time) at a cheaper rate also I still have one midnite left. @ Niyiomoiyunade my price and the products are real and genuine and have sold to some people on this forum. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ola28: 9:21pm On Feb 22, 2018
NiyiOmoIyunade post=65291340]Oga Ola.

Please o! I am very sorry but I meant no offence.

What I meant by impossible was that your prices are very low and represent a super bargain relative to other sellers on this forum.

If you've been following the history of this thread, you will see that this is the kind of healthy competition we wish to encourage on this forum as it can only benefit we DIYers and the end user.

If you can keep these prices up you will be giving all the sellers on this forum a good run for their money grin grin grin

We hope to hear good reviews from those who have transacted with you and your reward for doing well will be accolades and more business for you.

All the best Sir and I will definitely call on you for the very next MorningStar I will deploy to client.

Thanks so much I will be expecting your call sir
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by makavele: 9:53pm On Feb 22, 2018
zeestone99:

cc @makavele let's go n steal one controller and some panels afterall if we steal half, he ll stil have enough power. grin

Oya gbera!!!

Drop the address shaperly

while I arrange some Bariga boiz !!!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by makavele: 9:57pm On Feb 22, 2018
GeorgeD1:

Mehn no sun here for days now.

Maybe cos live just about 1 minute from

the atlantic !
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 10:17pm On Feb 22, 2018
makavele:

Oya gbera!!!

Drop the address shaperly

while I arrange some Bariga boiz !!!

grin grin grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JUO(m): 4:58am On Feb 23, 2018
GeorgeD1:

ewo see energy
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JUO(m): 5:01am On Feb 23, 2018
makavele:

Mehn no sun here for days now.

Maybe cos live just about 1 minute from

the atlantic !
and you have not tried windmill?

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by duwdu: 10:31am On Feb 23, 2018
kiekie1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6PJ2stETow

Truly remarkable. Thanks for sharing.

P34c3

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mank1234(m): 10:36am On Feb 23, 2018
Solar Tracker Track Single Axis Complete Kit -8'' DC12V Linear Actuator for those who wants to follow the sun from sunrise to sunset.
http://s.aliexpress.com/Z77fmUvu

(1) (2) (3) ... (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) ... (1689) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: HeavenlyBang(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.