Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,507 members, 7,830,518 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (669) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2091013 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (666) (667) (668) (669) (670) (671) (672) ... (1708) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 12:25pm On Feb 06, 2020
270watt flames solar panel still available, #29000. Contact us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by idsolar(m): 1:06pm On Feb 06, 2020
justcallmenuel:
270watt flames solar panel still available, #29000. Contact us on 08168986461

good panels walahi. the 4pcs I bought firing wella.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by eleojo23: 3:02pm On Feb 06, 2020
eleojo23:
Please how good are Index Nxt and Long brand of batteries?

Does anyone have any experience with these batteries?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by simydan(m): 3:16pm On Feb 06, 2020
netotse:
Hi guys, I'm looking to buy the Xiaomi fan, does anyone have in stock here?

I have this one though not Xiaomi... 40k if interested.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Topmost11(m): 5:09pm On Feb 06, 2020
zeanslim:
Yawns , DIY

What is the cost of this DIY?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by durodee(m): 6:01pm On Feb 06, 2020
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tsmall(m): 6:09pm On Feb 06, 2020
Shoto battery 12v /150ah for sale. Manufacturing year is 2019.

I have 2 outback inverter available for sales vfx3048e and FX2024ET

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 6:49pm On Feb 06, 2020
NICKEL IRON BATTERIES!

Good day forumites ,

Who knows about Nickel iron batteries or why not really in use down here esp for solar application. I hear a lot about lithiums but some don't know nickel iom is one of the best batteries ever. Beats Lithium Ion by 200% designed by Thomas Edison !

It's basically one of the cheapest batteries per kwh cost. Minimum lifespan is 30+. The first one built by him is still working AFTER 100 years "see snapshot below"

It's mostly used in the oil and gas industry here in Nigeria. They are flooded but the electrolyte are replaced every 10 years but only 1% capacity is lost after that 10yrs. smiley . Simple charge profile just like lead-acid unlike the BMS profile for lithium iron . It also works in very harsh temperature from as low as -30° to as high as 90°C . Mind you, the cost is cheaper than lithium Ion battery. grin

The only reason why it's not being sold is because of

YOU, ME & THE POWER CABALS.

We no go chop again.
100 years? Nooooo shocked

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 7:19pm On Feb 06, 2020
kiekie1:
NICKEL IRON BATTERIES!

Good day forumites ,

Who knows about Nickel iron batteries or why not really in use down here esp for solar application. I hear a lot about lithiums but some don't know nickel iom is one of the best batteries ever. Beats Lithium Ion by 200% designed by Thomas Edison !

It's basically one of the cheapest batteries per kwh cost. Minimum lifespan is 30+. The first one built by him is still working AFTER 100 years "see snapshot below"

It's mostly used in the oil and gas industry here in Nigeria. They are flooded but the electrolyte are replaced every 10 years but only 1% capacity is lost after that 10yrs. smiley . Simple charge profile just like lead-acid unlike the BMS profile for lithium iron . It also works in very harsh temperature from as low as -30° to as high as 90°C . Mind you, the cost is cheaper than lithium Ion battery. grin

We no go chop again.

Heh, someone should import it nau. Guys will buy it and test it out and relay the UX back for peeps.

I can invest some amount into the testing, so long as the importers will not sell it at cutthroat prices. You know Nigerians are opportunists hiking prices at whim.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 7:29pm On Feb 06, 2020
ceaser:

Heh, someone should import it nau. Guys will buy it and test it out and relay the UX back for peeps.

I can invest some amount into the testing, so long as the importers will not sell it at cutthroat prices. You know Nigerians are opportunists hiking prices at whim.

Boss i dey your back , take the bull by the horn ! The only thing that keeps me thinking is it's efficiency. I see it's basically 1.2v specs and it would be expensive to run a 48v design but when likes of 2v flooded hoppeckes etc are used, I don't think it's much a topic to be worried about since I have seen it's internal cells>> believe me it's iron "die-hard" smiley.. That someone can be you Sir !! As Sir George D will always say >> "break the myth" wink
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 7:45pm On Feb 06, 2020
idsolar:

Glad to hear that sir.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeanslim(m): 7:45pm On Feb 06, 2020
Topmost11:

What is the cost of this DIY?

About 70% of the parts where sourced, spent about 6-7k
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 7:46pm On Feb 06, 2020
eleojo23:

Does anyone have any experience with these batteries?
They’re good batteries sir.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 7:47pm On Feb 06, 2020
1.5kva safe power inverter available, #65000. Contact us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 7:49pm On Feb 06, 2020
30amps pwm charge controller is available, #8000. Contact us on 08168986461

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 7:51pm On Feb 06, 2020
200watt unilite solar panel available, #26000. Contact us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 7:52pm On Feb 06, 2020
kiekie1:
NICKEL IRON BATTERIES!

We no go chop again.

RPC strongly advises against Nickel Iron batteries for home solar systems.....If you need high quality deep cycle batteries, take a look at these Lead Acid or Lithium-ion batteries.

https://www.rpc.com.au/solar-news/161/disadvantages-of-nickel-iron-batteries.html

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 7:55pm On Feb 06, 2020
260watt felicity solar panel available, #29000. Contact us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 8:06pm On Feb 06, 2020
ojeysky:

RPC strongly advises against Nickel Iron batteries for home solar systems.....If you need high quality deep cycle batteries, take a look at these Lead Acid or Lithium-ion batteries.

https://www.rpc.com.au/solar-news/161/disadvantages-of-nickel-iron-batteries.html

Yes i was aware of that before the brief post ! It doesn't affect much when compared to normal flooded / tubular batteries emitting same gaseous substance and always adviced to be installed outdoor or in vented areas !! There would always be criticisms as we also see with lithium battery but product application, storage and maintenance should be observed as company/manufacturer states ... Nevertheless, the advantages of nickel iron speaks for itself .. Carefully understudy the link below as all standard product have datasheet .. Thanks

https://ironedison.com/nickel-iron-ni-fe-battery

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by netotse(m): 8:48pm On Feb 06, 2020
simydan:

I have this one though not Xiaomi... 40k if interested.

is there any manual I can read? the fan is quite pricey for what appears to be an unknown brand

Dam5reey:

That fan is expensive oo,

Shipping cost is too much, even if someone manage to pay 100$ for the fan. Shipping is almost another 100$..

yep it is, if I can find it at a sensible price will buy...the power consumption makes it an interesting choice
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 9:49pm On Feb 06, 2020
idsolar:

Now we have good reviews... grin
Competition is good..

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 10:12pm On Feb 06, 2020
kiekie1:

Yes i was aware of that before the brief post ! It doesn't affect much when compared to normal flooded / tubular batteries emitting same gaseous substance and always adviced to be installed outdoor or in vented areas !! There would always be criticisms as we also see with lithium battery but product application, storage and maintenance should be observed as company/manufacturer states ... Nevertheless, the advantages of nickel iron speaks for itself .. Thanks

I just did a quick check on 2 things that are not technical related:

- For a 24v 200Ah setup I will be doing 200kg in weight.
- At 1.2v nominal I will need 20 pieces and that is space as well.

Coming from a lead acid to LFP and then to nickel may be termed from grass to grace to weed grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 11:13pm On Feb 06, 2020
ojeysky:

I just did a quick check on 2 things that are not technical related:

- For a 24v 200Ah setup I will be doing 200kg in weight.
- At 1.2v nominal I will need 20 pieces and that is space as well.

Coming from a lead acid to LFP and then to nickel may be termed from grass to grace to weed grin

I don't think it's best suitable for your domestic application/usage as it's just 1.2v available as seen in link/picture posted above . Organization and firms who have been using likes of 2v higher ahms flooded batteries will definitely give it a big shot as space , capital , maintenance etc won't be much tasking considering old experience. We had Trojan 6v 1225ah flooded batteries arrive few days ago , yet rushed not minding it's flooded, gases or needs airy installation space likewise hoppeckes for off-grid or industrial application.. You need to be patient to see if 6 or 12v specs would pop up at an affordable price !

https://ironedison.com/nickel-iron-ni-fe-battery

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 1:02am On Feb 07, 2020
ICraft:

purely DIY, I have a very stringent test process, first test for heaters with thermal camera, we then test for capacity( I have 180 liitokala Lii-500 capacity testers that can test 720 batteries per day. 4 batteries each) then we test for self discharge. out of lets say 10,000 cells, only about 4,0000 may pass. we don't solder cells, we spot weld to avoid corrosion. finally we use 4amp fuse wire to link all the cells to the bus bars. we also use active cell balancers lastly, a well caliberated BMS that you can trust. I dont expect any less than 5 years from my batteries. you are right my office is a factory, and its open to the diy community to come in, test and build packs for a litttle fee and go. all tools you need and more available. powered by 42 pcs 320 watts solar panels and 80KWH of 18650cells.

This man... smiley.... You never came through with your promise many moons ago. But you know better why you did so sha.....it was an offer you freely made and decided to not honour as promised so i can't begrudge you.

It was your honour on the line not mine.

I hope you treat others better in any future dealings sha.

How is business going?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JUO(m): 5:29am On Feb 07, 2020
ceaser:

don't bother yourself, the battery does not worth the stress. The battery is bad business the reason only oil companies and few can afford it. That battery is just bad and very expensive

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mcTrinity(m): 7:33am On Feb 07, 2020
Morning house,

Please, has anybody used this newer Epever CCs AN series...? Or any sort of feedback or reviews

They come in 50A, 60A, 80A, and even 100A

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 9:23am On Feb 07, 2020
12volts, 7amps SUNFIT available, #4500. Contact us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by simydan(m): 9:37am On Feb 07, 2020
netotse:

is there any manual I can read? the fan is quite pricey for what appears to be an unknown brand

Sure not a popular brand but not a cheap one too. I can send you manual if you drop your email or WhatsApp number...
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by BetaTechnicians: 11:47am On Feb 07, 2020
mcTrinity:

Hi BetaTech,

The first picture is what I'll call the Rail. Please note that there are two types (the Nigerian and the foreign)... The Nigerian version is harder and stronger compared to the foreign.

Normally, it goes in set but, depending on the where you're buying, the guys might be willing to always sell one part without the other.
I buy the foreign own at 2,500 for the full length (18ft) while I buy the Nigerian at 6k.... Here in AKS. Might be cheaper your end

The second picture shows the other accessories... The "rail holder" cut with a 2inches aluminum angle and the panel clamp also cut with aluminum angle... Though I've seen some people use washers as the panel clamp.

NB: I personally normally use the foreign Aluminum rail for roof mounts... Whereas I use the Nigerian version (which is harder and stronger) for standalone mounts.

I hope this helps.... Cheers

Quite useful information you've shared thanks.
But I'm wondering if the bolts head won't turn freely when placed upside down inside the slot, or is the space tight enough to restrict it's circular movement?

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 8:08pm On Feb 07, 2020
kiekie1:

Boss i dey your back , take the bull by the horn ! The only thing that keeps me thinking is it's efficiency. I see it's basically 1.2v specs and it would be expensive to run a 48v design but when likes of 2v flooded hoppeckes etc are used, I don't think it's much a topic to be worried about since I have seen it's internal cells>> believe me it's iron "die-hard" smiley.. That someone can be you Sir !! As Sir George D will always say >> "break the myth" wink

1.2V? I gotta get like 10 of these to hit 12v
Dang shocked
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 8:11pm On Feb 07, 2020
JUO:
don't bother yourself, the battery does not worth the stress. The battery is bad business the reason only oil companies and few can afford it. That battery is just bad and very expensive

Have you had anyone use this battery and the experience was super bad?

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 8:14pm On Feb 07, 2020
mctfopt:

1.2V? I gotta get like 10 of these to hit 12v
Dang shocked

It totally depends on your configuration Sir.. If you use just 10 units , I might use 11units all in series depending on my inverter & scc model grin !

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (666) (667) (668) (669) (670) (671) (672) ... (1708) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.