Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,963 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 - Travel (346) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (697483 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by NiklausAkins(m): 9:36am On Nov 17, 2017
Hello please am to leave nigeria on the 3rd of January 2018.. and I have not applied for my Visa yet, because I had some delay in getting my form I-20, But i'll apply by the end of this month, is there any possibility that i'll be given a date in December for interview?? Please I really do need a reply.. anybody
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by NiklausAkins(m): 9:45am On Nov 17, 2017
bigfrancis21:

Dates are always open for you. I think, during the rush months of November and December (periods to school resumption for Spring) and July and August (for Fall), the embassies usually open up a lot of dates/slots in these months, and may even have interviews on Saturdays to accommodate the rush of people.

December dates are available for both Lagos and Abuja as of today. Sometimes when you log in, you might surprisingly see earlier dates that are dates dropped by those who picked them up earlier. So, the earlier for you the better.

If your school sent you your SEVIS ID and the school SEVIS code, then you can go ahead and book a date for yourself as soon as you can. If you don't have them, email your school to email them to you. Give enough time to the interview date to accommodate the early arrival of your I20.

So I should go ahead and apply for the Visa??
Is the Embassy always open to students for Visa anytime??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by nevicochidinma(f): 9:48am On Nov 17, 2017
please what about university of Illinois at Springfield for Master's in Accounting, because i had the chance to choose between the school and Texas A&M at Commerce. lipsrsealed

LagosismyHome:

There is nothing harsh if been told a school might not be the best...it called guidance and trust me it a decision someone can look back and say hindsight is 20/20
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by thacokeboy: 9:57am On Nov 17, 2017
NiklausAkins:
Hello please am to leave nigeria on the 3rd of January 2018.. and I have not applied for my Visa yet, because I had some delay in getting my form I-20, But i'll apply by the end of this month, is there any possibility that i'll be given a date in December for interview?? Please I really do need a reply.. anybody
. hmmm u never can tell
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Emperor99: 10:05am On Nov 17, 2017
Hello house, please is there any recommended school for masters program in electrical engineering that I can apply for fall admission. Have done GRE, good score.
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Upandup: 10:08am On Nov 17, 2017
Please I want to pay sevis fee. Who can help me out?

Cc Lagosismyhome walspring femi312

Anyone?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Upandup: 10:12am On Nov 17, 2017
Emperor99:
Hello house, please is there any recommended school for masters program in electrical engineering that I can apply for fall admission. Have done GRE, good score.
Thanks

" good score" is qualitative. It's just like being asked how much do u have in ur account and u say ' handsome amount of money' . Please specify ur score I'm sure someone has something.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Upandup: 10:15am On Nov 17, 2017
tolutweety:

No deal,bro.
My rate is much lower.

What's ur rate? Please?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Upandup: 10:19am On Nov 17, 2017
omoluabiguy:
i have $200. I need naira. Anyone that needs a dollar payment made should quote me.

Pls if you are not going to pay naira first or got trust issues, don’t bother quoting me.

Sevis fee payment. How soon can u do it?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Upandup: 10:24am On Nov 17, 2017
Emmm, please is it possible to pay SEVIS fee using a domiciliary account (dollar MasterCard)?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 10:26am On Nov 17, 2017
Walspring:

You must be the senate president without election at all. grin grin grin grin
Lol....You're d minister of information and culture.

Unfortunately, I'm not interested in Nigerian politics. Politics is a dirty game!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Ijebuboy525: 10:31am On Nov 17, 2017
adebisilucy:
me too o
Okay, I'll PM now
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by folmus: 10:32am On Nov 17, 2017
Upandup:
Emmm, please is it possible to pay SEVIS fee using a domiciliary account (dollar MasterCard)?

You can't pay SEVIS fee in Nigeria. Contact someone in the US or go to Benin Rep. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Amicable24: 10:57am On Nov 17, 2017
Hello Justwise and others,

I have a question for my friend please. She applied to a University for Fall 2017, the admission was given, I-20 sent and SEVIS number issued but she wasn't able to meet up with the school's admission date although she has already gotten visa. The University advised she reapplies for Spring term which she has done already. But now, they are issuing a new I-20 with a new SEVIS number different from the one on her visa.

Can she travel to USA with the visa that bears the old SEVIS number or she has to go back to the embassy to rectify it?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Upandup: 11:10am On Nov 17, 2017
folmus:

You can't pay SEVIS fee in Nigeria. Contact someone in the US or go to Benin Rep. grin

Lol.... Ok. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by blessurance(m): 11:39am On Nov 17, 2017
cutemorgan:

check your email boss

yes sir, I have seen your reply, I further sent you a message. Please bear with my enquires
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Meroto: 11:49am On Nov 17, 2017
Pls friend is there any news about u.s visa lottery.. And when is nigeria involving in it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:53am On Nov 17, 2017
Meroto:
Pls friend is there any news about u.s visa lottery.. And when is nigeria involving in it

Nigerians are still not allowed for the 2019 Visa lottery. No word yet when that would change

https://ng.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/diversity-visa/
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by nevicochidinma(f): 11:54am On Nov 17, 2017
nevicochidinma:
please what about university of Illinois at Springfield for Master's in Accounting, because i had the chance to choose between the school and Texas A&M at Commerce. lipsrsealed

Am Still Waiting for your response @ LagosismyHome
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Xabibarbie63: 12:05pm On Nov 17, 2017
Hello everyone ,please I would like to know if bowie university and the university of Maryland are red flags
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Fenix: 12:16pm On Nov 17, 2017
Xabibarbie63:
Hello everyone ,please I would like to know if bowie university and the university of Maryland are red flags

The University of Maryland school system is actually pretty good. College Park especially. Bowie State University is just there....

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 12:23pm On Nov 17, 2017
nevicochidinma:

There are a thousand schools in the USA and also so many programs so except if that someone field then it hard to have good insight

I am not into accounting so cannot say.

Both school look like standard school so the decision best lies with you based on research regarding funding or your budget, ranking and recruitment and internship opportunities. Google has some wealth of information
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by nevicochidinma(f): 12:39pm On Nov 17, 2017
Ok, Thanks

LagosismyHome:

There are a thousand schools in the USA and also so many programs so except if that someone field then it hard to have good insight

I am not into accounting so cannot say.

Both school look like standard school so the decision best lies with you based on research regarding funding or your budget, ranking and recruitment and internship opportunities. Google has some wealth of information
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Dancingpotato(f): 12:50pm On Nov 17, 2017
TWoods:

You have not specified if you're applying for an undergraduate or a graduate program. Based on the response from the program secretary that you email professors, it appears you applied for a graduate program. Do not worry about your application status, if anything else is needed or your application is incomplete, you will be contacted to provide the additional information. I would take the secretary's advice and start identifying 2-3 professors whose research is similar to your interests. Write them something like a less than formal statement of purpose. Outline what your interests are and why their research interests you. Your admission is helped if at least one professor shows some interest in working with you.
Thank you bro, it is for graduate studies, a professor is interested but he has no funding, others I mailed my interest to are not responding. I dont know how else to cajole them
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Sanctus1(m): 1:01pm On Nov 17, 2017
good day house ..I just found out I made a mistake on my DS form after the submission.,I wrote science on the educational section instead of academic or vocational. Can i edit it before the interview or should i leave it like that ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by HonNellymike12(m): 1:18pm On Nov 17, 2017
Please who is going to st ambrose university, iowa, whether undergraduate or graduate program. Let's relate.tanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by TWoods(m): 1:25pm On Nov 17, 2017
Tekecoms1:

That was harsh. Are you telling the guy that he made a wrong choice of institution?

You already told him.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by bigfrancis21: 1:25pm On Nov 17, 2017
NiklausAkins:

So I should go ahead and apply for the Visa??
Is the Embassy always open to students for Visa anytime??

Yes go ahead.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by TWoods(m): 1:26pm On Nov 17, 2017
Dancingpotato:

Thank you bro, it is for graduate studies, a professor is interested but he has no funding, others I mailed my interest to are not responding. I dont know how else to cajole them

Not a lot you can do, you just have to keep trying.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by TWoods(m): 1:27pm On Nov 17, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Nigerians are still not allowed for the 2019 Visa lottery. No word yet when that would change

https://ng.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/diversity-visa/

The most likely change is that the diversity visa program is going to end very soon.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) ... (432)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.