Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,694 members, 7,816,835 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:25 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 - Travel (347) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (697441 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by bigfrancis21: 1:52pm On Nov 17, 2017
Amicable24:
Hello Justwise and others,

I have a question for my friend please. She applied to a University for Fall 2017, the admission was given, I-20 sent and SEVIS number issued but she wasn't able to meet up with the school's admission date although she has already gotten visa. The University advised she reapplies for Spring term which she has done already. But now, they are issuing a new I-20 with a new SEVIS number different from the one on her visa.

Can she travel to USA with the visa that bears the old SEVIS number or she has to go back to the embassy to rectify it?

If the i20 has not been mailed out yet, she should email her ISSS office to update her sevis ID to the previous one.

If it has been mailed out already, she should request that her sevis fee payment be transferred from the old one on her visa to the new one.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Amicable24: 2:10pm On Nov 17, 2017
bigfrancis21:

If the i20 has not been mailed out yet, she should email her ISSS office to update her sevis ID to the previous one.

If it has been mailed out already, she should request that her sevis fee payment be transferred from the old one on her visa to the new one.

Thank you for your response Francis.

Can she travel without going through the process of getting a new visa?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by sobastical: 2:12pm On Nov 17, 2017
smithsydny:
e no go well?

Abeg find another school jare
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by bigfrancis21: 2:14pm On Nov 17, 2017
Amicable24:

Thank you for your response Francis.

Can she travel without going through the process of getting a new visa?

Yes but she has to transfer her SEVIS fee payment to the new SEVIS ID on her I20.

https://fmjfee.com/i901fee/index.html

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by bigfrancis21: 2:17pm On Nov 17, 2017
Sanctus1:
good day house ..I just found out I made a mistake on my DS form after the submission.,I wrote science on the educational section instead of academic or vocational. Can i edit it before the interview or should i leave it like that ?

You can't edit an already submitted DS160, you can only fill out a new one and submit it at least 3 days in advance to your visa interview date for the new one to update on their system.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by bigfrancis21: 2:21pm On Nov 17, 2017
Meroto:
Pls friend is there any news about u.s visa lottery.. And when is nigeria involving in it

I don't see Nigeria returning anytime soon to the lottery program. Don't even think of counting on that. There are too many Nigerians in the US already, which disqualifies her from the lottery program.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Jamezy4u: 2:50pm On Nov 17, 2017
Hi House,

If you need SEVIS fee payment, pm me as soon as possible,

have some cash in Dollars that I want to change
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Jayroland: 3:06pm On Nov 17, 2017
Jamezy4u:
Hi House,
If you need SEVIS fee payment, pm me as soon as possible,
have some cash in Dollars that I want to change
Rate?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by omoluabiguy: 3:14pm On Nov 17, 2017
lorlardey94:

Asap. Is there any other charges? At what rate are we looking at for the naira? Pls let me know as I understand that western union is the best payment method.

As soon as I confirm payment. I’ll drive down to a western union $210 360/$
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by omoluabiguy: 3:16pm On Nov 17, 2017
Upandup:

Sevis fee payment. How soon can u do it?
Soon as I confirm payment
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by amanze15(m): 3:19pm On Nov 17, 2017
so many Nigerians grin grin we no too plenty like that the Tristate area and Texas give false numbers
bigfrancis21:

I don't see Nigeria returning anytime soon to the lottery program. Don't even think of counting on that. There are too many Nigerians in the US already, which disqualifies her from the lottery program.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Upandup: 3:22pm On Nov 17, 2017
omoluabiguy:

Soon as I confirm payment

Ok, but why $210, instead of $200?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 3:24pm On Nov 17, 2017
Upandup:

western union charges an additional admin fee of $10 ......
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by omoluabiguy: 3:31pm On Nov 17, 2017
Upandup:

Because western union would charge that not me. Anytime you want to make payment via western union, there is always a sending fee. Sevis fee is 200 and western union would charge extra 9.99.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Upandup: 3:32pm On Nov 17, 2017
LagosismyHome:

western union charges an additional admin fee of $10 ......

Ok. Thanks for the clarification.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Upandup: 3:34pm On Nov 17, 2017
omoluabiguy:

Because western union would charge that not me. Anytime you want to make payment via western union, there is always a sending fee. Sevis fee is 200 and western union would charge extra 9.99.

Ok. Noted.

I'll contact u once I'm ready to make payment. I'm expecting my I-20 on 20th
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Sanctus1(m): 3:35pm On Nov 17, 2017
bigfrancis21:

You can't edit an already submitted DS160, you can only fill out a new one and submit it at least 3 days in advance to your visa interview date for the new one to update on their system.

how will I link it to my current appointment date?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Upandup: 3:39pm On Nov 17, 2017
@LagosismyHome

Can u throw some light on this immunization and Medical Health Insurance stuff.

My school sent me a mail which contained details of the immunization. They said to attach reports and send to them. Is it advised to do that here in 9ja?

Also, earlier, they had informed me that Medical insurance costs $3600 per year and I don't have such funds. I'm on a scholarship though and it's not part of what my sponsor is paying.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by lorlardey94: 4:01pm On Nov 17, 2017
omoluabiguy:

As soon as I confirm payment. I’ll drive down to a western union $210 360/$

Thanks good rate. Please give me the account details of who to pay to. You can send me an email with account details and drop me a whatsapp line to be able for easy access. Email:ololadepopo@yahoo.com

Thanks a great deal
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by beloved84: 4:08pm On Nov 17, 2017
Hello my lovely nairalanders!

Please is Texas Southern University a red flag for Msc Computer Science?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 4:12pm On Nov 17, 2017
Upandup:
@LagosismyHome

Can u throw some light on this immunization and Medical Health Insurance stuff.

My school sent me a mail which contained details of the immunization. They said to attach reports and send to them. Is it advised to do that here in 9ja?

Also, earlier, they had informed me that Medical insurance costs $3600 per year and I don't have such funds. I'm on a scholarship though and it's not part of what my sponsor is paying.

The normal thing would have been that most of these immunisation would have been done as a child or growing up but it appears lots of Nigerians are poor with record keeping and have no idea where their baby immunisation card is .............so I would say that the first step . Ask your parent for your immunisation card or record and see which you have taken

if you cannot find it then it best to take it in Nigeria . That would be cheaper than the US . check Luth or the government hospitals where ever you are

as for insurance ...... Insurance company are really exploiting international student ooo . ...Some schools allow you to bring your own insurance so you can check the two site below, put your school to find if it a yes or no and get a cheaper quote and use that ....Make sure you confirm with the school before your purchase any outside insurance

However not all schools allow this , some school policy is that you must go through them . If that the case then you have to budget that and work towards paying it

https://www.internationalstudentinsurance.com/school_requirements/
https://www.isoa.org/

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Amicable24: 4:37pm On Nov 17, 2017
bigfrancis21:

Yes but she has to transfer her SEVIS fee payment to the new SEVIS ID on her I20.

https://fmjfee.com/i901fee/index.html

Okay. Thank you sir
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by NiklausAkins(m): 4:40pm On Nov 17, 2017
How can we pay the SEVIS fee Can it be paid to a bank in USA
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Sanctus1(m): 4:58pm On Nov 17, 2017
Sanctus1:
good day house ..I just found out I made a mistake on my DS form after the submission.,I wrote science on the educational section instead of academic or vocational. Can i edit it before the interview or should i leave it like that ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by omoluabiguy: 5:27pm On Nov 17, 2017
lorlardey94:

Thanks good rate. Please give me the account details of who to pay to. You can send me an email with account details and drop me a whatsapp line to be able for easy access. Email:ololadepopo@yahoo.com

Thanks a great deal

Ok I’ll send you an email
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 5:34pm On Nov 17, 2017
amanze15:
so many Nigerians grin grin we no too plenty like that the Tristate area and Texas give false numbers
uncle Sam gave a quota, we filled it, voila!!, end of story .

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Dollarpee49: 5:34pm On Nov 17, 2017
Yildiz:
Hello gurus. I finally wrote GRE with Walspring discount and got Q-163, V-159. Waiting for AWA. Am applying for PhD EE with concentration in signal and image processing. Thanks alot Walspring. Please school suggestion

Hello, how are you, please i would like to know address of where you wrote your GRE and cost please? if you don't mind can I have your contact this is mine 07034207303
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Dollarpee49: 5:39pm On Nov 17, 2017
learner007:
Oya Daaaaaaaaabbbb!!!!!!

Oya let me come and share my yesterday testimony on nairaland...lolz
After registering with BY MAFIT (as recommended by Lagosismyhome). Omo those guys dey try for young minds abeg. Free lectures o, upon 50k. I finally wrote my GRE exam yesterday Sha...

Verbal... 152
QAT... 158

I was so relieved o. Thanks to BY MAFIT...the BEST!!!

But, I still need help here as per more schools to look at
I have University of Texas at Tyler
and University of Illinois Urbana Champaign ( for mathematics education only though)

My GPA...4.31
Course ...Maths Education

Oya gurus abeg o Twoods, Lagosismyhome, imperioux...

Hello, how are you, please i would like to know address of where you wrote your GRE and cost please? if you don't mind can I have your contactthis is mine +2347034207303 because i am unable to message you on your profile
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by samee72(f): 6:02pm On Nov 17, 2017
TWoods:

TAMU is a great school.

Thanks alot
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Dancingpotato(f): 6:40pm On Nov 17, 2017
TWoods:

Not a lot you can do, you just have to keep trying.
thanks for the reply sir. I will try a new mail on monday
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Upandup: 7:01pm On Nov 17, 2017
LagosismyHome:

The normal thing would have been that most of these immunisation would have been done as a child or growing up but it appears lots of Nigerians are poor with record keeping and have no idea where their baby immunisation card is .............so I would say that the first step . Ask your parent for your immunisation card or record and see which you have taken

if you cannot find it then it best to take it in Nigeria . That would be cheaper than the US . check Luth or the government hospitals where ever you are

as for insurance ...... Insurance company are really exploiting international student ooo . ...Some schools allow you to bring your own insurance so you can check the two site below, put your school to find if it a yes or no and get a cheaper quote and use that ....Make sure you confirm with the school before your purchase any outside insurance

However not all schools allow this , some school policy is that you must go through them . If that the case then you have to budget that and work towards paying it

https://www.internationalstudentinsurance.com/school_requirements/
https://www.isoa.org/

Thanks a lot. This is really helpful. I'll find out if my school allow other forms of insurance and i'll sort out the immunization stuff too.

Really appreciate.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by iekene(m): 7:44pm On Nov 17, 2017
@LagosismyHome, Lagos mummy, Lagos aunty.

Lol your name don plenty for this thread .

I Wish I had a request or question but I don't. I just want to say a Big Thank you for your relentless contribution to this thread. Your relentless effort here have made a great impact and on behalf of everyone I say . Thank You.

smiley smiley smiley

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) ... (432)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.