Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,162 members, 7,835,892 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

The Colonial Flag Of Nigeria Between 1914-1960 (Photo) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Colonial Flag Of Nigeria Between 1914-1960 (Photo) (62999 Views)

Ijaw Hoisting The Flag Of APC On Their Land (Photos) / Are The Igbos Really Jews? See The Colonial Flag And Currency Of Nigeria / Pictures Of Lagos During The Colonial Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Colonial Flag Of Nigeria Between 1914-1960 (Photo) by unto(m): 5:36pm On Jul 07, 2017
Deedeedee3:
Nigeria is a British experiment. Nothing more.
This is why it will never move forward.
Not even in ten thousand years.
Not even in 1million years and u are talking ten thousand years

1 Like

Re: The Colonial Flag Of Nigeria Between 1914-1960 (Photo) by suremanpatriot: 5:40pm On Jul 07, 2017
Nigerian ruiers were better thamed under the colonial regimes
Re: The Colonial Flag Of Nigeria Between 1914-1960 (Photo) by Btruth: 5:49pm On Jul 07, 2017
Bari22:
They put christian cross in nigerian flag just to christanize the country. But Alhamdulillah "they are plotting against Allah while Allah is plotting against them, Certainly Allah is the best plotter" :qur'an. We now have an upper hand. Allahu Akbar
.............meaning? sad

2 Likes

Re: The Colonial Flag Of Nigeria Between 1914-1960 (Photo) by haryomikun(m): 5:52pm On Jul 07, 2017
ajoguegbe:
Just compare with Biafra so fine. If Biafra is achieved, its flag will be one of the finest brand in the world of flags. Something designed 50yrs ago still looking modern and catchy. If you like this flag click like

Meanwhile you can now order Biafran flag, Tshirt, cap etc. Send mail to info@eloquentgift.com
You're one hell of a smart niggar
Re: The Colonial Flag Of Nigeria Between 1914-1960 (Photo) by FBIL: 5:56pm On Jul 07, 2017
Turkey*Biafra flag

Re: The Colonial Flag Of Nigeria Between 1914-1960 (Photo) by musicwriter(m): 6:01pm On Jul 07, 2017
British influence in the region began with the prohibition of slave trade to British subjects in 1807

That above is the lie spread by the indoctrination and fake education they installed before leaving.

Over 100 years after slavery was "officially" abolished, Britain continued slave trade and shipping of Africans to the Americas. Every effort made by different bodies to stop them failed. Up till the 1820's, late US President, Thomas Jefferson was so frustrated about the behavior of Britain and their refusal to give up slavery that he said “For the most trifling reasons, and sometimes for no conceivable reason at all, his majesty has rejected laws of the most salutary tendency. The abolition of domestic slavery is the great object of desire in those colonies where it was unhappily introduced in their infant state. But previous to the enfranchisement of the slaves we have, it is necessary to exclude all further importations from Africa. Yet our repeated attempts to effect this by prohibitions, and by imposing duties which might amount to a prohibition, have been hitherto defeated by his majesty’s negative: thus preferring the immediate advantages of a few British corsairs to the lasting interests of the American states, and to the rights of human nature deeply wounded by this infamous practice”.............. Thomas Jefferson.

2 Likes

Re: The Colonial Flag Of Nigeria Between 1914-1960 (Photo) by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 6:05pm On Jul 07, 2017
This flag is a modified Union Jack.

The cross on the upper left is the Cross of St George patron saint of England.
The circle containing the crown indicates that the flag is a flag of a protectorate or colony and not the mother country.

Before 1914 the flag of the Royal Niger company was used.

By I think the OP might be a bit in error here. The true Union Jack of the united kingdom was used in Nigeria at least from the 40's till it was retired on October 1 1960
Re: The Colonial Flag Of Nigeria Between 1914-1960 (Photo) by donralph2000(m): 6:07pm On Jul 07, 2017
Ifiegboria:
Please can someone tell me what the present day Nigeria was called before 1914? Thanks
It was called Niger Area. According to history

1 Like

Re: The Colonial Flag Of Nigeria Between 1914-1960 (Photo) by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 6:13pm On Jul 07, 2017
musicwriter:

That above is the lie spread by the indoctrination and fake education they installed before leaving.

Over 100 years after slavery was "officially" abolished, Britain continued slave trade and shipping of Africans to the Americas. Every effort made by different bodies to stop them failed. Up till the 1820's, late US President, Thomas Jefferson was so frustrated about the behavior of Britain and their refusal to give up slavery ....[/b].

No sir.
The Slave Trade Act was passed in 1807. It abolished slavery but not the trade (!).
However, the Slavery Abolition Act was passed on 26th July 1833 in the House of Commons ratified by the House Of Lords on 1st August and received royal assent on 28th August 1833.
From then onwards, Great Britain was steadfast in her resolution to end slavery in Africa, not because they loved the African anyway, but because of pressure from abolitionists and the knowledge that slave raiding was detrimental to trade and commerce (slavery continued until 1843 in East India)

So there cannot have been 100 years of slavery after abolition.

2 Likes

Re: The Colonial Flag Of Nigeria Between 1914-1960 (Photo) by musicwriter(m): 6:31pm On Jul 07, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

No sir.
The Slavery Abolition Act was passed in July 1833 in the House of Commons and ratified by the House Of Lords on 1st August.
Great Britain was steadfast in her resolution to end slavery from that date, not because they loved the African anyway, but because of pressure from abolitionists and the knowledge that slave raiding was detrimental to trade and commerce.

I said while slavery was "officially" abolished they kept doing it. I have shown you proof by concerned late US leader. If you have contrary info on how exactly they didn't, let me know.
Re: The Colonial Flag Of Nigeria Between 1914-1960 (Photo) by MisterKings(m): 6:39pm On Jul 07, 2017
xstry:
see that illuminati logo without the eye

No wonder naija no dey move forward
Re: The Colonial Flag Of Nigeria Between 1914-1960 (Photo) by pamcode(m): 6:51pm On Jul 07, 2017
expertman:
When Nigeria can be call a country.

Now Nigeria is a total mess of her flag where many ladies like the one below are feeding on prostitution.

Oh My Goodness shocked sad angry. Why would you post this pic, some nervous signals have be routed to my Brain.
Re: The Colonial Flag Of Nigeria Between 1914-1960 (Photo) by laliga01: 7:01pm On Jul 07, 2017
Bari22:
They put christian cross in nigerian flag just to christanize the country. But Alhamdulillah "they are plotting against Allah while Allah is plotting against them, Certainly Allah is the best plotter" :qur'an. We now have an upper hand. Allahu Akbar

Please,. Do any body understand What this mugu is talking about?
Re: The Colonial Flag Of Nigeria Between 1914-1960 (Photo) by Bottombelle: 7:24pm On Jul 07, 2017

1 Like

Re: The Colonial Flag Of Nigeria Between 1914-1960 (Photo) by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jul 07, 2017
xstry:

It's the Star of David.
Re: The Colonial Flag Of Nigeria Between 1914-1960 (Photo) by caye(m): 8:00pm On Jul 07, 2017
allenkey:
http://0237.fendengi.club/841843313330/

I IMPLORE EVERYONE TO READ A BOOK TITLED :IJESAS THE ORIGINAL YORUBAS or something like that by a UI professor.

Initially I didn't support the man's views as regards his support for Adolf Hitler but here was his reason:
when Lugard came to Nigeria, he met the Yoruba's, Ibos, Hausa's and curiously the Fulani's. Being an anthropologist somewhat even if on the amateur level , he discovered a story or was told that the fulanis were originally Jewish converts to Islam. So, being one of those who believed erroneously that the whole world has been willed by their god to the Jews, he sought to put the Fulani's on top of Nigeria's political landscape, thus you have the star of David on the colonial flag.

Nigeria is a British experiment. Remember also that Uganda was to be the site for setting up a Jewish state before some Jews kicked against it.
We are laboratory rats to these people.
Wonder why Buhari always goes to England almost every time he needs something?
Is there à connection somewhere?

I rest my case for now.
Re: The Colonial Flag Of Nigeria Between 1914-1960 (Photo) by breakeven: 8:10pm On Jul 07, 2017
This flag is even better than the present zoo flag. Saudi Arabia flag they gave us as the present zoo flag. Nonsense!!
Re: The Colonial Flag Of Nigeria Between 1914-1960 (Photo) by pinkyruledworld(m): 8:16pm On Jul 07, 2017
xstry:
its called the shield of david biko. illuminati ko illumination ni
Re: The Colonial Flag Of Nigeria Between 1914-1960 (Photo) by lordlek: 9:38pm On Jul 07, 2017
Bari22:
And you are also trying to islamize the topic undecided
Re: The Colonial Flag Of Nigeria Between 1914-1960 (Photo) by Trexnemesis(m): 10:56pm On Jul 07, 2017
Why dem change d flag nah? Nideria for no be like dis hell.
Re: The Colonial Flag Of Nigeria Between 1914-1960 (Photo) by excomarow(m): 1:02am On Jul 08, 2017
ajoguegbe:
Just compare with Biafra so fine. If Biafra is achieved, its flag will be one of the finest brand in the world of flags. Something designed 50yrs ago still looking modern and catchy. If you like this flag click like

Meanwhile you can now order Biafran flag, Tshirt, cap etc. Send mail to info@eloquentgift.com

Are you still dreaming...

Common wake up and face reality
Re: The Colonial Flag Of Nigeria Between 1914-1960 (Photo) by WhoRUDeceiving: 2:42am On Jul 08, 2017
Wow see the flag of the Nigger Area put together and kept in the zoo by ENGLAND

Are you guys still doubting the truth about your identity? I know it hurts that your parents lied to you and were too stupid to reason themselves.

IT PAIN UNA

Re: The Colonial Flag Of Nigeria Between 1914-1960 (Photo) by Chinagurum1995(m): 4:45am On Jul 08, 2017
British Nigeria for our democracy for our beloved nation Nigeria. So God bless Nigeria as one nation under God and unity, faith, peace and progress. wink
Re: The Colonial Flag Of Nigeria Between 1914-1960 (Photo) by Chinagurum1995(m): 4:48am On Jul 08, 2017
caye:

I IMPLORE EVERYONE TO READ A BOOK TITLED :IJESAS THE ORIGINAL YORUBAS or something like that by a UI professor.

Initially I didn't support the man's views as regards his support for Adolf Hitler but here was his reason:
when Lugard came to Nigeria, he met the Yoruba's, Ibos, Hausa's and curiously the Fulani's. Being an anthropologist somewhat even if on the amateur level , he discovered a story or was told that the fulanis were originally Jewish converts to Islam. So, being one of those who believed erroneously that the whole world has been willed by their god to the Jews, he sought to put the Fulani's on top of Nigeria's political landscape, thus you have the star of David on the colonial flag.

Nigeria is a British experiment. Remember also that Uganda was to be the site for setting up a Jewish state before some Jews kicked against it.
We are laboratory rats to these people.
Wonder why Buhari always goes to England almost every time he needs something?
Is there à connection somewhere?

I rest my case for now.
Exactly my friend that how British Nigeria is some you see Nigerians and British there. wink
Re: The Colonial Flag Of Nigeria Between 1914-1960 (Photo) by hammer6: 5:10am On Jul 08, 2017
The Nigerian flag is the only one with the star of David.

Guess they knew Igbo were Hebrew.

1 Like

Re: The Colonial Flag Of Nigeria Between 1914-1960 (Photo) by iaatmguy(m): 8:14am On Jul 08, 2017
ajoguegbe:

if and only if, biafra is if and it will end in if.
Re: The Colonial Flag Of Nigeria Between 1914-1960 (Photo) by BigBrother9ja: 9:17am On Jul 08, 2017
kettykings:
Every thing about this country lacks a touch of creativity , See very funny drawing and colour arrnagement sha
Frustrated critic.

Get a job!
Re: The Colonial Flag Of Nigeria Between 1914-1960 (Photo) by sayisayi(m): 9:20am On Jul 08, 2017
In 50 years....this place now known as Nigeria will be called.......
Re: The Colonial Flag Of Nigeria Between 1914-1960 (Photo) by Nobody: 9:21am On Aug 06, 2020
Bari22:

Your issue is like twin brothers fighting each other because one abuses the other by insulting his mother. Broda, what's the difference between God that the Christians, idol worshippers and Allah? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin You sure made my day

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Troops Kill Boko Haram Fighters During Battle In Babangida; Yobe (Graphic Pic) / Nicolas Felix: Tinubu Ignored Me After Stepping Down For Osinbajo / Oil Bunkering Led To Okuama Killing Of 17 Soldiers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.