Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

Are Men That Watch Zeeworld Effeminate? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are Men That Watch Zeeworld Effeminate? (3946 Views)

Girls That Watch Zeeworld Are Very Dumb / I Can't Believe My Auntie Bobrisky Blocked Me -effeminate Dancer James Brown / "His Supersport, Her Zeeworld"....a Nairalander Shares Pre-wedding Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Men That Watch Zeeworld Effeminate? by DarkRebel69: 7:44pm On Jul 07, 2017
I feel bad enough when a female friend tells me she watches or is about to watch “King of Hearts”, or “Sands of Time”, or any of those phony ZeeWorld shows. That is because I have [regrettably] sat through one or two episodes of these shows and reached the incontrovertible conclusion that they are major IQ-killers.
The plot of these shows seem like something a child of three cobbled together in frenzied haste; the storyline hardly ever varies, and the acting is as fake as an ill-bred Warri thug affecting an Oxford accent. So, really, it boggled me for a long time as to why any fairly intelligent person would invest time in such a theatrical travesty.

I reckoned it must be a gender thing, after all its viewership is mostly constituted of females, and females as we know are naturally vain – with the prodigal time they expend on painting their faces, and filing their nails, and fixing eye contacts, and in carving out artificial eyebrows for themselves. grin

But, recently, I see men, if they qualify to be called such, beam with manic glee when their favourite ZeeWorld show is about to air. This isn't some cooked-up story. This is real.

Honestly, what are we to say of such men, or should I say, such she-men? Can we call them effeminate? Are they guilty of some bizarre case of mental transvetism? Do they have two X chromosomes? Have they the appearance of a male but the soul of a woman? Or is the 21st century simply populated with the kind of men that so irked the great Okonkwo in Things fall apart?

Extraordinary... Everyday grin

3 Likes

Re: Are Men That Watch Zeeworld Effeminate? by dingbang(m): 7:46pm On Jul 07, 2017
I am tired of the way some Nigerians do reason.

4 Likes

Re: Are Men That Watch Zeeworld Effeminate? by Oluwasaeon(m): 7:47pm On Jul 07, 2017
Why would a man watch Zeeworld ?
Re: Are Men That Watch Zeeworld Effeminate? by DarkRebel69: 7:49pm On Jul 07, 2017
dingbang:

Which Nigerians are you talking about?
Re: Are Men That Watch Zeeworld Effeminate? by memories1(f): 7:51pm On Jul 07, 2017
Probably. The females that are hooked on to those channels don't get my admiration either. Their story lines are gut-wrenching, in the worst possible way.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Men That Watch Zeeworld Effeminate? by Nutase: 7:51pm On Jul 07, 2017
What is Zeeworld?
Re: Are Men That Watch Zeeworld Effeminate? by Fadiga24(m): 7:56pm On Jul 07, 2017
Niggas that enjoy zee world are effeminate, because it is slow paced, characterized by light romance and subtle betrayal which are the factors that make females tick.

It lacks the one quality that would make alpha males interested :adrenaline.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Men That Watch Zeeworld Effeminate? by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jul 07, 2017
No.
Re: Are Men That Watch Zeeworld Effeminate? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jul 07, 2017
Tahrah:
No.
Are you mad
Re: Are Men That Watch Zeeworld Effeminate? by Jaqenhghar: 8:00pm On Jul 07, 2017
I have never seen any man who watches such so I cant say really
Re: Are Men That Watch Zeeworld Effeminate? by NairalandCS(m): 8:02pm On Jul 07, 2017
dingbang:

Aswear!
Re: Are Men That Watch Zeeworld Effeminate? by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jul 07, 2017
buharichild:
I am mad
Yes,you're.
Re: Are Men That Watch Zeeworld Effeminate? by Amarabae(f): 8:05pm On Jul 07, 2017
Whats wrong in a man watching it?

2 Likes

Re: Are Men That Watch Zeeworld Effeminate? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jul 07, 2017
I don't think it's about gender per se. It comes down to personality type and psychological wiring. Such shows are primarily for the kind of people Psychologist Carl Jung classified as feeling types.

You've defined men as being archetypal Jungian thinking types, and the ideal woman as the archetypal Jungian feeling type. But I beg to differ. There are feeling and thinking types in both genders, and it has everything to do with psychology and very little to do with biological sexual classification. Although, there are always more male Jungian thinking types than female (as evident in the fact that the world's most abstract thinkers have tended to be men), it wouldn't be so accurate to assert that men who are Jungian feeling types are effeminate. We would have to conclude that women who are Jungian thinking types are not real women, should that be the case.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Men That Watch Zeeworld Effeminate? by VargasVee(m): 8:08pm On Jul 07, 2017
Why would I sit down to watch such brain damaging stuff

It's for persons with low IQ, f--kin spoilers innit.

There are better ways to waste life undecided
Re: Are Men That Watch Zeeworld Effeminate? by Oyindidi(f): 8:09pm On Jul 07, 2017
Boring to me, natgeowild and discovery are my best channels.
Re: Are Men That Watch Zeeworld Effeminate? by DarkRebel69: 8:10pm On Jul 07, 2017
Tahrah:
No.

Really? You would like to date a guy who's habitually hooked on ZeeWorld and it wouldn't creep you out in the least? Now, why do I think you're merely dissembling here.
Re: Are Men That Watch Zeeworld Effeminate? by DarkRebel69: 8:11pm On Jul 07, 2017
Amarabae:
Whats wrong in a man watching it?

As wrong as a man menstruating.
Re: Are Men That Watch Zeeworld Effeminate? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jul 07, 2017
Wat is Zeeworld? The only channels i watch is investigative discovery channel or maybe national geographical channel or CNN.
Re: Are Men That Watch Zeeworld Effeminate? by DarkRebel69: 8:14pm On Jul 07, 2017
Fadiga24:
Niggas that enjoy zee world are effeminate, because it is slow paced, characterized by light romance and subtle betrayal which are the factors that make females tick.

It lacks the one quality that would make alpha males interested :adrenaline.

I fully concur. The negative icing on the rotten cake is when these men begin to analyze each episode with intense zest, as if their lives depended on it.
Re: Are Men That Watch Zeeworld Effeminate? by MissRaine69(f): 8:14pm On Jul 07, 2017
Your thought process is skewed!
I love anything dark and twisted I cannot stand any romantic, feminine anything what does that say about me?
Such flawed reasoning.
Re: Are Men That Watch Zeeworld Effeminate? by Fadiga24(m): 8:20pm On Jul 07, 2017
DarkRebel69:

I fully concur. The negative icing on the rotten cake is when these men begin to analyze each episode with intense zest, as if their lives depended on it.

to each his own.
Re: Are Men That Watch Zeeworld Effeminate? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jul 07, 2017
DarkRebel69:

Really? You would like to date a guy who's habitually hooked on ZeeWorld and it wouldn't creep you out in the least? Now, why do I think you're merely dissembling here.
When did i ever say such @bolded?
Re: Are Men That Watch Zeeworld Effeminate? by pocohantas(f): 8:20pm On Jul 07, 2017
Are women who watch action and sci-fi movies tomboys?
I guess no. It's all about choice and psychological wiring like someone said.

VargasVee:
Why would I sit down to watch such brain damaging stuff

It's for persons with low IQ, f--kin spoilers innit.
There are better ways to waste life undecided

Which IQ test have you taken and what did you score? smiley

1 Like

Re: Are Men That Watch Zeeworld Effeminate? by MaestroZeus(m): 8:21pm On Jul 07, 2017
d reason most ladies watch it is cos of d way ladies are treated in d movies....dinner,sacrificin ur skul fee for dem...and oda chidish tins....buh for a man to watch?? den tins are getting out of hands
Re: Are Men That Watch Zeeworld Effeminate? by Nomfanelo99(f): 8:23pm On Jul 07, 2017
why would they when there's Investigation discovery... I swear to God I can watch ID the whole day .
Re: Are Men That Watch Zeeworld Effeminate? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jul 07, 2017
Oyindidi:
Boring to me, natgeowild and discovery are my best channels.
grin grin
Re: Are Men That Watch Zeeworld Effeminate? by DarkRebel69: 8:25pm On Jul 07, 2017
TLuzzie:
I don't think it's about gender per se. It comes down to personality type and psychological wiring. Such shows are primarily for the kind of people Psychologist Carl Jung classified as feeling types.

You've defined men as being archetypal Jungian thinking types, and the ideal woman as the archetypal Jungian feeling type. But I beg to differ. There are feeling and thinking types in both genders, and it has everything to do with psychology and very little to do with biological sexual classification. Although, there are always more male Jungian thinking types than female (as evident in the fact that the world's most abstract thinkers have tended to be men), it wouldn't be so accurate to assert that men who are Jungian feeling types are effeminate. We would have to conclude that women who are Jungian thinking types are not real women, should that be the case.

Many poets could be also considered as the “feeling types”. Same with artists, musicians, and people such as myself who do not mind to occasionally lose themselves in a lovey-dovey romance movie. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. The only thing is I would settle for a romance movie of superior quality, such as “The Great Gatsby” or “Titanic”, rather than torment my sensibilities by feasting my eyes on inane, tawdry, brain-damaging drama such as the likes that feature on ZeeWorld.

Do you now understand where I'm coming from?

1 Like

Re: Are Men That Watch Zeeworld Effeminate? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jul 07, 2017
MissRaine69:
Your thought process is skewed!
I love anything dark and twisted I cannot stand any romantic, feminine anything what does that say about me?
Such flawed reasoning.
Aghh if its anything about romance i had go for Hollywood romance movies.their storylines are so cool.take a beautiful mind starred by Russell Crowe or Nottinghill starred by Hugh Grant and Julia Roberts for example.now dats romance.
Re: Are Men That Watch Zeeworld Effeminate? by Oyindidi(f): 8:26pm On Jul 07, 2017
Tahrah:
Discovery family,right?Are still airing how its made?
Yes, I like reality not make believe. That's why I don't watch nollywood films
Re: Are Men That Watch Zeeworld Effeminate? by DarkRebel69: 8:27pm On Jul 07, 2017
Tahrah:
When did i ever say such @bolded?

You didn't. I merely related the answer you gave to a different hypothetical question.
Re: Are Men That Watch Zeeworld Effeminate? by RichieDaVinci01(m): 8:28pm On Jul 07, 2017
cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

“I Know Being Gay Is A Sin But Then I’m Willing To Go To Hell Just For You” / My Undergraduate Friend Has Gotten Someone Pregnant / Most Of U Are Dating Runz Girls But U Dont Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.