Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,662 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

Are Men That Watch Zeeworld Effeminate? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are Men That Watch Zeeworld Effeminate? (3945 Views)

Girls That Watch Zeeworld Are Very Dumb / I Can't Believe My Auntie Bobrisky Blocked Me -effeminate Dancer James Brown / "His Supersport, Her Zeeworld"....a Nairalander Shares Pre-wedding Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Men That Watch Zeeworld Effeminate? by waywardpikin: 8:30pm On Jul 07, 2017
OP you don't judge people for indulging in the things that they love. Though like you, I hate anything Zeeworld and Telemundo with a passion.
Re: Are Men That Watch Zeeworld Effeminate? by VargasVee(m): 8:33pm On Jul 07, 2017
pocohantas:
Are women who watch action and sci-fi movies tomboys?
I guess no. It's all about choice and psychological wiring like someone said.

Which IQ test have you taken and what did you score? smiley

That's a whole different thing, just so you know the ratio of women who see sci-fi movies are bigger compared to the men for those emotional, no-brainer movies.

By the way, I clocked genius in the test grin
Re: Are Men That Watch Zeeworld Effeminate? by Yuneehk(f): 8:33pm On Jul 07, 2017
It's what floats their boat... Their choices. My boss loves them and there's one he doesn't like to miss(Pragya and Ahbi are names I hear) and it doesn't make him effeminate. You should see the scowl of my face when he comes in asking us to put zeeworld grin

For me, I feel it's too childish, unrealistic and uninteresting while I'm very sure it's the opposite for him.

1 Like

Re: Are Men That Watch Zeeworld Effeminate? by DarkRebel69: 8:38pm On Jul 07, 2017
MissRaine69:
Your thought process is skewed!
I love anything dark and twisted I cannot stand any romantic, feminine anything what does that say about me?
Such flawed reasoning.

You miss the point. I'm not saying that watching romance movies makes a man effeminate. Heck, I watch romance plays.
In this case, my laser gun is zeroed in on ZeeWorld and ZeeWorld alone.

There is a huge difference between a romance movie and a romance movie that's been dumbed down to the fatal point of idiocy.

You need to watch any of these ZeeWorld shows, and maybe then you'd have an educated grasp of what I speak of.
Re: Are Men That Watch Zeeworld Effeminate? by pocohantas(f): 8:47pm On Jul 07, 2017
VargasVee:

That's a whole different thing, just so you know the ratio of women who see sci-fi movies are bigger compared to the men for those emotional, no-brainer movies.

By the way, I clocked genius in the test grin
What score to be specific?

It's not about the ratio, but personal preference. I can't for a fact say abstaining from watching it is a proof of high IQ.
Re: Are Men That Watch Zeeworld Effeminate? by MissRaine69(f): 8:48pm On Jul 07, 2017
DarkRebel69:

You miss the point. I'm not saying that watching romance movies makes a man effeminate. Heck, I watch romance plays.

There is a huge difference between a romance movie and a romance movie that's been dumbed down to the fatal point of idiocy.

You need to watch any of these ZeeWorld shows, and maybe then you'd have an educated grasp of what I speak of.
Whether it's a laser ,gun or poisoned dart you are pointing
The fact of the matter
Chessyness sells...
Re: Are Men That Watch Zeeworld Effeminate? by VargasVee(m): 8:50pm On Jul 07, 2017
pocohantas:

What score to be specific?

96% tongue
Re: Are Men That Watch Zeeworld Effeminate? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jul 07, 2017
DarkRebel69:

Many poets could be also considered as the “feeling types”. Same with artists, musicians, and people such as myself who do not mind to occasionally lose themselves in a lovey-dovey romance movie. There's absolutely wrong with that. The only thing is I would settle for a romance movie of superior quality, such as “The Great Gasby” or “Titanic”, rather than torment my sensibilities by feasting my eyes on inane, tawdry, brain-damaging drama such as the likes that feature on ZeeWorld.

Do you now understand where I'm coming from?
Yes, I do. But my position remains the same. I'm quite certain that what you mean by QUALITY is something that has intellectual content or something related to that, so the thinking function is still present here, therefore it is not for feeling types. There is tailor-made music to cater for the needs of both psychological types, the same with poetry, erotica and romance movies. There are ladies who have EXACTLY your same tastes, or close. What do you call them? You must have heard of Hypatia of Alexandria...... is she not a woman? I know a few exceptions do not nullify a rule, but this kind of women are too numerous to be brushed aside as "few exceptions". There are MANY of them around. I insist that it has more to do with personality type and psychological wiring than with gender.

Do you think Marie Curie would have watched ZeeWorld?
Re: Are Men That Watch Zeeworld Effeminate? by pocohantas(f): 8:59pm On Jul 07, 2017
VargasVee:

96% tongue
You were scored in percentage

or you converted it to percentage? undecided
Re: Are Men That Watch Zeeworld Effeminate? by MissRaine69(f): 9:01pm On Jul 07, 2017
DarkRebel69:

Point whatever it is you want
Gun, laser gun, arrow, poisoned dart or spear
You cannot run away from the obvious cheesiness sells and there is a huge market for it. Being affaminate is irrelevant is it not about preference?
The dumbing down might not appeal to those with a critical way of thinking, for the rest of the poor mortals who are not so critical about what they watch or care it's just that entertainment.
Re: Are Men That Watch Zeeworld Effeminate? by VargasVee(m): 9:03pm On Jul 07, 2017
pocohantas:

You were scored in percentage

or you converted it to percentage? undecided

You ever heard of Mensa IQ test?
Re: Are Men That Watch Zeeworld Effeminate? by pocohantas(f): 9:43pm On Jul 07, 2017
VargasVee:

You ever heard of Mensa IQ test?
The question was actually very straight forward, were you scored in percentage or you converted it to percentage.

Yes, I know of Mensa...and no, you didn't score up to the 96th percentile, if that's what you mean grin
Re: Are Men That Watch Zeeworld Effeminate? by VargasVee(m): 9:47pm On Jul 07, 2017
pocohantas:

The question was actually very straight forward, were you scored in percentage or you converted it to percentage.

Yes, I know of Mensa...and no, you didn't score up to the 96th percentile, if that's what you mean grin

Who cares what's in? Do the math if you take the test grin

BTW, you a fan of the Z-world?
Re: Are Men That Watch Zeeworld Effeminate? by softiebae: 10:30pm On Jul 07, 2017
and what's wrong with a man watching zeeworld? I admit their movies are childish but entertaining
Re: Are Men That Watch Zeeworld Effeminate? by DarkRebel69: 10:32pm On Jul 07, 2017
TLuzzie:
Yes, I do. But my position remains the same. I'm quite certain that what you mean by QUALITY is something that has intellectual content or something related to that, so the thinking function is still present here, therefore it is not for feeling types. There is tailor-made music to cater for the needs of both psychological types, the same with poetry, erotica and romance movies. There are ladies who have EXACTLY your same tastes, or close. What do you call them? You must have heard of Hypatia of Alexandria...... is she not a woman? I know a few exceptions do not nullify a rule, but this kind of women are too numerous to be brushed aside as "few exceptions". There are MANY of them around. I insist that it has more to do with personality type and psychological wiring than with gender.

Do you think Marie Curie would have watched ZeeWorld?

I didn't say it had to be “intellectual”. When I made mention of quality I was speaking chiefly in drama terms. What makes a drama appealing? Its acting, its setting, its plot, the depth of its characters, its dialogue, its suspense, etcetera. Many of these are sorely deficient in ZeeWorld drama. So, when I asked whether men who watched such are effeminate, it had nothing to do with “feeling types”. I fear the portion wherein I jibed about women being “naturally vain” has coloured your response a teensy-weensy bit. You should know that that was purely “tongue-in-cheek”.

But I digress. Remember that Mexican TV show, Diego and Paloma? It was not an erudite show, but in its days it was the darling of almost every Nigerian – pleb and nobleman alike. Do you know why? Because it had substance; its dialogue was intelligent, and on top of it, the performances of the actors were far from contrived. I wish I could say the same for our Indian friends in PissWorld.

To answer your question, Marie Curie wouldn't have watched ZeeWorld. A woman of such profound intellectual calibre would have been greatly put off by that dramatic blunder of a TV show. But she would have relished watching a theatre rendition of a Romeo and Juliet play, or Half Of A Yellow Sun, or as a matter of fact, any other romance play that doesn't share similitudes with any of those ZeeWorld tripe.
Re: Are Men That Watch Zeeworld Effeminate? by Nobody: 9:40am On Jul 08, 2017
DarkRebel69:

I didn't say it had to be “intellectual”. When I made mention of quality I was speaking chiefly in drama terms. What makes a drama appealing? Its acting, its setting, its plot, the depth of its characters, its dialogue, its suspense, etcetera. Many of these are sorely deficient in ZeeWorld drama. So, when I asked whether men who watched such are effeminate, it had nothing to do with “feeling types”. I fear the portion wherein I jibed about women being “naturally vain” has coloured your response a teensy-weensy bit. You should know that that was purely “tongue-in-cheek”.

But I digress. Remember that Mexican TV show, Diego and Paloma? It was not an erudite show, but in its days it was the darling of almost every Nigerian – pleb and nobleman alike. Do you know why? Because it had substance; its dialogue was intelligent, and on top of it, the performances of the actors were far from contrived. I wish I could say the same for our Indian friends in PissWorld.
Then the topic of your thread should have been, "Are men who watch Zeeworld dumb and unintelligent?". That would have been entirely different than asking if watching ZeeWorld means they were like women, since there isn't any set of behaviours or tendencies that DEFINE all women. In fact you could have asked it this way, "Are PEOPLE who watch ZeeWorld dumb and crass?".

To answer your question, Marie Curie wouldn't have watched ZeeWorld. A woman of such profound intellectual calibre would have been greatly put off by that dramatic blunder of a TV show. But she would have relished watching a theatre rendition of a Romeo and Juliet play, or Half Of A Yellow Sun, or as a matter of fact, any other romance play that doesn't share similitudes with any of those ZeeWorld tripe.
Good. That is the POINT!

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Involved Should A Guy Be In Taking Care Of His Girlfriend's Financial Needs? / I Would Gladly Die Here! Oh Roman Goddess, Just One Shot Please / Lady Rejects Her Mother-in-law Food Because It Was Served Without Meat Or Fish

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.