Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,360 members, 7,812,015 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:20 AM

PCRRU: How To Report The Unlawful Actions Of Nigerian Police officers - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / PCRRU: How To Report The Unlawful Actions Of Nigerian Police officers (21994 Views)

Ismaila Mustapha Sues EFCC For N5 Million Over Unlawful Detention / PCRRU: See The States That Recorded The Most Complaints About Police Harassment / Police (PCRRU) Invited Me To The Station For Refund, Should I Go? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

PCRRU: How To Report The Unlawful Actions Of Nigerian Police officers by Nobody: 12:41am On Jul 09, 2017
Due to too many complaint about the NPF, I think we should help ourselves out by posting this info so that we can save ourselves from illegal detention and harassments from the NPF

7 ways to reach the PCRRU to complain about police misconduct

The increasing cases of harassments and intimidation of citizens by law enforcement agencies has been a source of worry for the authorities.

In response, Nigeria’s Inspector General of Police (IGP) Ibrahim Idris established what he called the Police Public Complaint Rapid Response Unit (PCRRU) in November 2016.

IGP Ibrahim Idris established the PCRRU in November 2016
At the launching of the unit in 2016, the IGP said: “The Public Complaint Rapid Response Unit is a unit in the force saddled with the responsibility of receiving and resolving all complaints of police professional misconduct emanating from policing activities and operations nationwide.

“The unit is available 24 hours a day to listen to members of the public from across Nigeria.”

The PCRRU has proven to be an effective unit within the police force that is committed to protecting the rights of citizens.

According to Biodun Kekereola who wrote on Leadership, the PCRRU is capable of effectively bringing the public into the fight against police professional misconduct.

PAY ATTENTION: Get the latest News on NAIJ.com News App

There are ways to reach the PCRRU. They are:

1. Website (http://npf.gov.ng/complaint/)

2. Phone numbers (08057000001, 08057000002)

3. Sms and WhatsApp (08057000003)

4. Twitter (@PoliceNG_PCRRU)

5. Facebook (www.facebook.com/policepcrru)

6. Email (policepcrru@gmail.com)

7. BBM (5BA2B5DE)

All these avenues have been made really user-friendly and available all day.

With all these, and with enough awareness on the part of the public, bad policing and professional misconduct would no longer go unnoticed and unchecked.

It is pertinent that every Nigerian knows about all these so that they can participate in ridding the Force of the so-called bad eggs.

The mere fact these avenues of complaint are available, and our police officers know that we can utilize them at all times, they would be wary of their almost inborn attitudes of carefree extortionist tendencies.

Moreso, this effort is being institutionalised, automated and made rapid and capable of being monitored. Like citizens journalism, it appears that citizens policing is already beginning to take shape.

39 Likes 22 Shares

Re: PCRRU: How To Report The Unlawful Actions Of Nigerian Police officers by tectonotimes: 9:29am On Jul 09, 2017
Is there any iota of misconduct in NPF?

8 Likes

Re: PCRRU: How To Report The Unlawful Actions Of Nigerian Police officers by Nobody: 9:52am On Jul 09, 2017
tectonotimes:

I wonder o. NPF that's our friend

8 Likes

Re: PCRRU: How To Report The Unlawful Actions Of Nigerian Police officers by Nobody: 1:33am On Jul 10, 2017
Day2logic:

E be like say dem never do u sumtin

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: PCRRU: How To Report The Unlawful Actions Of Nigerian Police officers by Sweetmom: 5:45am On Jul 10, 2017
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Re: PCRRU: How To Report The Unlawful Actions Of Nigerian Police officers by L0rdRahl: 6:54am On Jul 10, 2017
Hehehe bail is only free on the sticker it is written o.

15 Likes

Re: PCRRU: How To Report The Unlawful Actions Of Nigerian Police officers by Blackfire(m): 9:26am On Jul 10, 2017
A police ask u to Report a police to a police for police officer brutality....
Op u got a death wish or something.

21 Likes

Re: PCRRU: How To Report The Unlawful Actions Of Nigerian Police officers by NwaAmaikpe: 11:15am On Jul 10, 2017
shocked

Report at your peril.

If the offenders are punished they will hunt you down physically, spiritually and otherwise.

Be warned.

Do not report a Nigerian police officer.
The Nigerian police officers are all walking shrines.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PCRRU: How To Report The Unlawful Actions Of Nigerian Police officers by Nobody: 11:15am On Jul 10, 2017
Police is your friend oohs... Just help with N20 let's stay in peace. It's not easy.

1 Like

Re: PCRRU: How To Report The Unlawful Actions Of Nigerian Police officers by hakeem4(m): 11:15am On Jul 10, 2017
Can't we report on nairaland?

9 Likes

Re: PCRRU: How To Report The Unlawful Actions Of Nigerian Police officers by adebayo201: 11:15am On Jul 10, 2017
tectonotimes:
sarcasm

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: PCRRU: How To Report The Unlawful Actions Of Nigerian Police officers by Nobody: 11:15am On Jul 10, 2017
Good for those that aren't involved in any fraudulent activities.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PCRRU: How To Report The Unlawful Actions Of Nigerian Police officers by legenddimex(m): 11:17am On Jul 10, 2017
grin
joke of the century, you will report police officer to another police officer.

4 Likes

Re: PCRRU: How To Report The Unlawful Actions Of Nigerian Police officers by oshe11: 11:18am On Jul 10, 2017
Lemme first report Buhari

If Man U sign Bakayoko

Ahswear I go hate Mou almost the way I hate the sick one....

Buhari pls leave London n go to Manchester.....

Ur change is Affecting CHELSEA undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: PCRRU: How To Report The Unlawful Actions Of Nigerian Police officers by Xkalaban(m): 11:19am On Jul 10, 2017
Good. The NPF shld always be held accountable for their actions. Enough is enough!!!

2 Likes

Re: PCRRU: How To Report The Unlawful Actions Of Nigerian Police officers by kidman96(m): 11:19am On Jul 10, 2017
the best way to report them is to just hold the police man by his belt and drag him to the nearest police station.... Simple.
Re: PCRRU: How To Report The Unlawful Actions Of Nigerian Police officers by Iamsammy(m): 11:19am On Jul 10, 2017
And what's d so called IGP doing about the welfare of the junior rank? Uptill this moment their june salary has not been paid. Not dat d fed govt did not release d money but dey choose to fix it in a fixed deposit account to yield certain interest for them ogas. How do u expect someone working day and night to work effectively without his wages?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PCRRU: How To Report The Unlawful Actions Of Nigerian Police officers by Nobody: 11:19am On Jul 10, 2017
grin grin grin grin
Re: PCRRU: How To Report The Unlawful Actions Of Nigerian Police officers by mosesabram: 11:20am On Jul 10, 2017
all these no dey work for naija
Re: PCRRU: How To Report The Unlawful Actions Of Nigerian Police officers by Evergreen4(m): 11:20am On Jul 10, 2017

1 Share

Re: PCRRU: How To Report The Unlawful Actions Of Nigerian Police officers by freeman95(m): 11:21am On Jul 10, 2017
Haha... My kinda thread

I hate the *nigerian* *police* with a passion, they are like a menace to the society...
From the buttom of my heart...

FVCK THE POLICE!

4 Likes

Re: PCRRU: How To Report The Unlawful Actions Of Nigerian Police officers by Nobody: 11:21am On Jul 10, 2017
Is this for all states or just for Lagos and Ogun?nice moves though.
Re: PCRRU: How To Report The Unlawful Actions Of Nigerian Police officers by Vaxt(m): 11:22am On Jul 10, 2017
Day2logic:

two Of Una Na Confirmed Police But Why U De Fear

1 Like

Re: PCRRU: How To Report The Unlawful Actions Of Nigerian Police officers by nekede11(m): 11:22am On Jul 10, 2017
Police na your friend
Re: PCRRU: How To Report The Unlawful Actions Of Nigerian Police officers by yomalex(m): 11:25am On Jul 10, 2017
hopefully undecided
Re: PCRRU: How To Report The Unlawful Actions Of Nigerian Police officers by Ironlion1(m): 11:27am On Jul 10, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Report at your peril.

If the offenders are punished they will hunt you down physically, spiritually and otherwise.

Be warned.

Do not report a Nigerian police officer.
The Nigerian police officers are all walking shrines.

Keep this to yourself. We are all walking shrines. Everyone must be made to follow the rule of law, including the NPF. In as much as the FG doesn't pay require attention to them, we shouldn't be the one to pay for that.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: PCRRU: How To Report The Unlawful Actions Of Nigerian Police officers by itiswellandwell: 11:30am On Jul 10, 2017
Hmmmmm. I done hear sha.

Check my signature for your full capacity powerbank
Re: PCRRU: How To Report The Unlawful Actions Of Nigerian Police officers by mrlaw93(m): 11:30am On Jul 10, 2017
Is it not another police that will receive the complaint undecided

1 Like

Re: PCRRU: How To Report The Unlawful Actions Of Nigerian Police officers by Ironlion1(m): 11:30am On Jul 10, 2017
Evergreen4:

So, na ma babe dem use do their banner. I must charge them.
Re: PCRRU: How To Report The Unlawful Actions Of Nigerian Police officers by Nobody: 11:32am On Jul 10, 2017
If I hear!
Re: PCRRU: How To Report The Unlawful Actions Of Nigerian Police officers by pepemendy(m): 11:32am On Jul 10, 2017
just make sure to avoid them

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos Motorcyclist Defiles 6-year-old Daughter / Who Said Oshole And Money Ritual Is Not Real?? / Another Lynching In Warri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.