Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,133 members, 7,829,045 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

PCRRU: How To Report The Unlawful Actions Of Nigerian Police officers - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / PCRRU: How To Report The Unlawful Actions Of Nigerian Police officers (22046 Views)

Ismaila Mustapha Sues EFCC For N5 Million Over Unlawful Detention / PCRRU: See The States That Recorded The Most Complaints About Police Harassment / Police (PCRRU) Invited Me To The Station For Refund, Should I Go? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PCRRU: How To Report The Unlawful Actions Of Nigerian Police officers by grafitti(m): 11:35am On Jul 10, 2017
BennieWang:
Due to too many complaint about the NPF, I think we should help ourselves out by posting this info so that we can save ourselves from illegal detention and harassments from the NPF

7 ways to reach the PCRRU to complain about police misconduct

The increasing cases of harassments and intimidation of citizens by law enforcement agencies has been a source of worry for the authorities.

In response, Nigeria’s Inspector General of Police (IGP) Ibrahim Idris established what he called the Police Public Complaint Rapid Response Unit (PCRRU) in November 2016.

IGP Ibrahim Idris established the PCRRU in November 2016
At the launching of the unit in 2016, the IGP said: “The Public Complaint Rapid Response Unit is a unit in the force saddled with the responsibility of receiving and resolving all complaints of police professional misconduct emanating from policing activities and operations nationwide.

“The unit is available 24 hours a day to listen to members of the public from across Nigeria.”

The PCRRU has proven to be an effective unit within the police force that is committed to protecting the rights of citizens.

According to Biodun Kekereola who wrote on Leadership, the PCRRU is capable of effectively bringing the public into the fight against police professional misconduct.

PAY ATTENTION: Get the latest News on NAIJ.com News App

There are ways to reach the PCRRU. They are:

1. Website (http://npf.gov.ng/complaint/)

2. Phone numbers (08057000001, 08057000002)

3. Sms and WhatsApp (08057000003)

4. Twitter (@PoliceNG_PCRRU)

5. Facebook (www.facebook.com/policepcrru)

6. Email (policepcrru@gmail.com)

7. BBM (5BA2B5DE)

All these avenues have been made really user-friendly and available all day.

With all these, and with enough awareness on the part of the public, bad policing and professional misconduct would no longer go unnoticed and unchecked.

It is pertinent that every Nigerian knows about all these so that they can participate in ridding the Force of the so-called bad eggs.

The mere fact these avenues of complaint are available, and our police officers know that we can utilize them at all times, they would be wary of their almost inborn attitudes of carefree extortionist tendencies.

Moreso, this effort is being institutionalised, automated and made rapid and capable of being monitored. Like citizens journalism, it appears that citizens policing is already beginning to take shape.
Re: PCRRU: How To Report The Unlawful Actions Of Nigerian Police officers by IRIENBOY(m): 11:35am On Jul 10, 2017
ok
Re: PCRRU: How To Report The Unlawful Actions Of Nigerian Police officers by Nobody: 11:37am On Jul 10, 2017
grin shocked grin

Are those phone numbers toll free

Are those phone numbers reachable

Anything police is shady jare!

BTW next time my neighbour is ploughing his wife too hard I will give you guys a distress call.
Re: PCRRU: How To Report The Unlawful Actions Of Nigerian Police officers by Evergreen4(m): 11:37am On Jul 10, 2017
Ironlion1:

So, na ma babe dem use do their banner. I must charge them.
Lol, bro wake up, you're dreaming.
Re: PCRRU: How To Report The Unlawful Actions Of Nigerian Police officers by PatriotTemidayo: 11:41am On Jul 10, 2017
Story for the gods.

I did using these handles and my 60K is still missing with a Nigerian Police officer.

I wrote comprehensively to the complaint officer who, at first gave me hope with the first interaction. Na so the matter die. Not a reply. Not a follow up. Not a mention.

Abeg.

2 Likes

Re: PCRRU: How To Report The Unlawful Actions Of Nigerian Police officers by successking401(m): 11:42am On Jul 10, 2017
BennieWang:
Due to too many complaint about the NPF, I think we should help ourselves out by posting this info so that we can save ourselves from illegal detention and harassments from the NPF

The increasing cases of harassments and intimidation of citizens by law enforcement agencies has been a source of worry for the authorities.

In response, Nigeria’s Inspector General of Police (IGP) Ibrahim Idris established what he called the Police Public Complaint Rapid Response Unit (PCRRU) in November 2016.

At the launching of the unit in 2016, the IGP said: “The Public Complaint Rapid Response Unit is a unit in the force saddled with the responsibility of receiving and resolving all complaints of police professional misconduct emanating from policing activities and operations nationwide.

“The unit is available 24 hours a day to listen to members of the public from across Nigeria.”

The PCRRU has proven to be an effective unit within the police force that is committed to protecting the rights of citizens.

According to Biodun Kekereola who wrote on Leadership, the PCRRU is capable of effectively bringing the public into the fight against police professional misconduct.

7. BBM (5BA2B5DE)

With all these, and with enough awareness on the part of the public, bad policing and professional misconduct would no longer go unnoticed and unchecked.

It is pertinent that every Nigerian knows about all these so that they can participate in ridding the Force of the so-called bad eggs.

The mere fact these avenues of complaint are available, and our police officers know that we can utilize them at all times, they would be wary of their almost inborn attitudes of carefree extortionist tendencies.

Moreso, this effort is being institutionalised, automated and made rapid and capable of being monitored. Like citizens journalism, it appears that citizens policing is already beginning to take shape.
Re: PCRRU: How To Report The Unlawful Actions Of Nigerian Police officers by jashar(f): 11:43am On Jul 10, 2017
Na so... undecided undecided undecided
Re: PCRRU: How To Report The Unlawful Actions Of Nigerian Police officers by teevodaprinz(m): 12:03pm On Jul 10, 2017
That's a bad advice, this is one of the reasons Nigeria is not moving forward rather it retardes day in day out. Atleast there are means to send your experience. There are lots of app which allows a dual access to WhatsApp and BBM, create new email and many more... Using an alternative account without assigning you pictures or profile which made it easy to pass your message across.

Please if you can't help, don't discourage or create fear into those that are willing and able to help.

Thank you

NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Report at your peril.

If the offenders are punished they will hunt you down physically, spiritually and otherwise.

Be warned.

Do not report a Nigerian police officer.
The Nigerian police officers are all walking shrines.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PCRRU: How To Report The Unlawful Actions Of Nigerian Police officers by Vacora(m): 12:07pm On Jul 10, 2017
I happened to report officers who were conducting illegal stop searches and basically going through people's phones without any grounds. Having these idiots rifle through my personal property was annoying as hell. I was thoroughly disappointed. No reference number, no call backs or action taken against those officers. The call handlers need to have a basic understanding on police powers. Rank and file are also to blame for the malaise. They should publicly reprimand erring officers. People also need to record and all such encounters. If you cannot record someone should record and help each other out. Something needs to drastic has to happen. I think civil litigation with also help when everyone starts taking NPF and its officers to court.
Re: PCRRU: How To Report The Unlawful Actions Of Nigerian Police officers by Ijaya123: 12:22pm On Jul 10, 2017
My take is this, all the officers that have been our ni shed in the past, how come the police don't display them for the public to see, like they do to other suspects caught?
Re: PCRRU: How To Report The Unlawful Actions Of Nigerian Police officers by ciggy000(m): 12:24pm On Jul 10, 2017
of all the daily misconduct carried out daily by our so called police officers, how many has been convicted by this so called unit established since nov 2016 aside of the recent 4 police officers who were used as scape goats

1 Like

Re: PCRRU: How To Report The Unlawful Actions Of Nigerian Police officers by Mpanyi: 12:42pm On Jul 10, 2017
Nigerian can be funny. Police give you information on how to go about your complaints or issues with their men and many people here are writing rubbish. If police choose to. do nothing the same people will still blame them.
Re: PCRRU: How To Report The Unlawful Actions Of Nigerian Police officers by oake(m): 12:58pm On Jul 10, 2017
BennieWang:

7. BBM (5BA2B5DE)

Na wa o! You wan go report police to police? Wish you goodluck!
Re: PCRRU: How To Report The Unlawful Actions Of Nigerian Police officers by aariwa(m): 12:59pm On Jul 10, 2017
BennieWang:

7. BBM (5BA2B5DE)

1 Like

Re: PCRRU: How To Report The Unlawful Actions Of Nigerian Police officers by pweshboi(m): 1:15pm On Jul 10, 2017
Tai.. my brother, twitter is your best bet to get to reveal the crooks among them. and it's a sure way to get to the ogas at the top cos I trust Nigerian bloggers. dem go carry the matter for head like agege bread pass you the victim
Re: PCRRU: How To Report The Unlawful Actions Of Nigerian Police officers by patrickkkk: 1:34pm On Jul 10, 2017
Mpanyi:
Nigerian can be funny. Police give you information on how to go about your complaints or issues with their men and many people here are writing rubbish. If police choose to. do nothing the same people will still blame them.

Don't mind them I believe those ones discouraging are police personnels with something to hide because I don't know why they would b discouraging people who want to do the right

1 Like

Re: PCRRU: How To Report The Unlawful Actions Of Nigerian Police officers by freeDR(m): 1:40pm On Jul 10, 2017
Good job
Re: PCRRU: How To Report The Unlawful Actions Of Nigerian Police officers by haykes(m): 2:12pm On Jul 10, 2017
Good Movement
Re: PCRRU: How To Report The Unlawful Actions Of Nigerian Police officers by davillian(m): 2:41pm On Jul 10, 2017
If a Nigerian police can kill an unarmed civilian for just #20. Just think of what they will do to you when u put their job on the line.
Re: PCRRU: How To Report The Unlawful Actions Of Nigerian Police officers by yoged(m): 2:47pm On Jul 10, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Report at your peril.

If the offenders are punished they will hunt you down physically, spiritually and otherwise.

Be warned.

what is this one saying. ? No be only hunt ,na hunter. Seems your brother is one of the police officers constituting nuisance to the Country.

1 Like

Re: PCRRU: How To Report The Unlawful Actions Of Nigerian Police officers by olowobaba10: 2:52pm On Jul 10, 2017
WHY IS THE NAIJA POLICE STILL USING PUBLIC DOMAIN EMAIL policepcrru@gmail.com ?
Re: PCRRU: How To Report The Unlawful Actions Of Nigerian Police officers by iyababs: 3:04pm On Jul 10, 2017
I reported once and sincerely,my cases was attended to immediately.It was about how much should be paid for tinted glass permit,i was asked to pay #10,000 which i paid after the tinted glass permit was given to me,my instinct told me to call the number,i got quick response,before i could say jack ,a call was put across from Abuja to where this was happening, after another 25mins my money was given back to me .Tinted glass permit is supposed to be free.I got my money and my tinted glas permit,i could not believe my eyes .Nigeria can still be great.

2 Likes

Re: PCRRU: How To Report The Unlawful Actions Of Nigerian Police officers by teebell999(m): 3:35pm On Jul 10, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Report at your peril.

Be warned.

I know u are a policeman who is afraid of being reported. Your days are numbered!

1 Like

Re: PCRRU: How To Report The Unlawful Actions Of Nigerian Police officers by omimigaius(m): 5:00pm On Jul 10, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Report at your peril.

Be warned.

Nwamaikpe! Nwamaikpe! How many times did i call you?
You are sending warning and threats to the general public not to report any maltreatment by the police. If the IGP mean business, DSS should be questioning Seun by now about your identity. People like you are impediments to fredom and justice. Why'd u put fear in the mind of the already helpless citizens?

3 Likes

Re: PCRRU: How To Report The Unlawful Actions Of Nigerian Police officers by armadeo(m): 5:22pm On Jul 10, 2017
freeman95:
Haha... My kinda thread

I hate the *nigerian* *police* with a passion, they are like a menace to the society...
From the buttom of my heart...

FVCK THE POLICE!

Allow me.

Fvck the police x 10000000000000.

Bastards

When a policeman stops you all he has in mind is how do I extort this one.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PCRRU: How To Report The Unlawful Actions Of Nigerian Police officers by 99foxxy(f): 5:46pm On Jul 10, 2017
Iamsammy:
And what's d so called IGP doing about the welfare of the junior rank? Uptill this moment their june salary has not been paid. Not dat d fed govt did not release d money but dey choose to fix it in a fixed deposit account to yield certain interest for them ogas. How do u expect someone working day and night to work effectively without his wages?
officer I hail.
Re: PCRRU: How To Report The Unlawful Actions Of Nigerian Police officers by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jul 10, 2017
Someone did a write up on this before on this forum...sometime in february this year. Here's the link:

www.nairaland.com/3645379/urgent-information-igp-releases-public
Re: PCRRU: How To Report The Unlawful Actions Of Nigerian Police officers by Nobody: 12:11am On Jul 11, 2017
teevodaprinz:
That's a bad advice, this is one of the reasons Nigeria is not moving forward rather it retardes day in day out. Atleast there are means to send your experience. There are lots of app which allows a dual access to WhatsApp and BBM, create new email and many more... Using an alternative account without assigning you pictures or profile which made it easy to pass your message across.

Please if you can't help, don't discourage or create fear into those that are willing and able to help.

Thank you

Don't mind him, I don't expect him to take this issue serious as always

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

72-Year-Old Grandfather Commits Suicide In Ondo / EFCC Arraigns Suspected ATM Fraudster (Photo) / CBN Security Guard Arrested For Stealing Specimen Naira Currency Notes In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.