Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,225 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:50 AM

Why Women Love Gay Men - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Women Love Gay Men (3133 Views)

Guy Gets Epic Reply After Asking Why Women Vex When Men Don't Eat Their Food / Three Gay Men Weds In World’s Trio Same S Ex Marriage (SHOKING PHOTOS) / Are Gay Men Really Here In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Women Love Gay Men by raphy(m): 9:12pm On Feb 01, 2010
wazup ppl!
In recent years, movies and television shows geared toward women have idealized the gay male friend. Shows like Sex and the City, for example, seem to suggest that no woman’s circle of friends is complete without at least one good gay friend. Maybe we’re reading a bit too much into this, but we’re pretty sure this fictional phenomenon has at least some roots in reality. In our experience, women love gay men.

However, according to the big and small screens, it seems there’s a particular kind of gay man with which most women are enamored by: They love the stylish, sarcastic and supportive guy; the gay man who looks good, listens to her and is loyal to a fault. Upon examination, it’s not hard to figure out why women love gay men who fit this criteria.

So, it stands to reason that by examining what women love about gay men, we heterosexual guys might be able to learn a few things.
Men’s clothes
Many, if not most, gay men have a great sense of fashion and style. For whatever reason, it seems gay men know how to dress, and they often put us heterosexual guys to shame with their impeccable taste in clothes and high fashion IQ. This is just one of the many reasons why women love gay men.

So, how can you tell if you have style or not? Ask yourself this: Do you ever walk into a crowded room and feel like the best-dressed guy there? If your answer is “no, never” you may need to rethink your wardrobe. In fact, if women rarely compliment you on your appearance -- say, less than once or twice a week -- it’s probably time to restock your closet.

Physical fitnessYes, it’s a bit of a stereotype, but you’ll probably concede that many of the gay men you know are serious about physical fitness, and that’s another reason why women love gay men. Of course, heterosexual women are big fans of the carefully sculpted male form. Gay or straight, women enjoy being in the presence of a well-built man.

However, it’s also the shared interest in working out and living a healthy lifestyle that women appreciate about their gay friends. In many instances, gay men simply take better care of themselves than we do, and our female companions would appreciate it if we followed suit. So take a cue from your athletically inclined gay friends, and hit the gym with your significant other, or join her when she goes for a run.
Sensitivity
A 2008 study published by the National Academy of Sciences revealed that gay men and straight women have similarly shaped brains: Both are symmetrical, whereas the straight male brain is asymmetrical; it is slightly larger on the right side (the same shape as the gay female brain). So, it’s possible that gay men think and see the world in a way that women can relate to; that might be another reason why women love gay men.

The bottom line is that your girlfriend’s friends communicate with her, and her gay male friend is no exception. His willingness to sympathize and try to understand her is surely one of the reasons your girlfriend loves her gay friend. And it wouldn’t kill you to take a cue from that guy and think about her feelings a bit more often. Just because our brains are shaped differently doesn’t mean we can’t be a little more sensitive.

Faithfulness
Why do women love gay men? Because women don’t have to worry about their gay male friends leaving them for other women. Surely one of the things that women get out of a friendship with a gay man is male companionship without the fear of betrayal or abandonment.

So what can you do to demonstrate your faithfulness to a woman (besides, you know, not cheating on her)? Try keeping your wandering eye in check. For instance, when you’re out with your girlfriend and a pair of insanely hot twins walks by, don’t let your head spin around like a top.

Fun
We’re generalizing again here, but let it be said: Gay guys are just a good time. They’re funny, refreshingly frank about sex and they can dance. We recognize there must be some dull, socially awkward gay guys out there, but most of the gay guys we know are fun to hang out with, and that’s another reason why women love gay men.

The lesson for straight guys: Try to be less inhibited. Talk louder. Be bolder. Maybe even strut your stuff on the dance floor every now and then.

what do you all think straight guys.
Re: Why Women Love Gay Men by eyoniggar(m): 9:16pm On Feb 01, 2010
Aint that ladies single-handedly love gay guys.

Its just that gay guys are more like women of their kind,
so they tend to make friends with them more.
Re: Why Women Love Gay Men by platinumnk(f): 9:17pm On Feb 01, 2010
i like the them, they are cool and openminded.

And they do have a great sense of style, and a lot know how to do hair.

I had a fabulous hair cut by a gay man. . cheesy

And they are much less to thumb down on people.

The white ones I see are usually so cute, u get mad when u find out they are gay! angry angry angry

Had this very very gorgeous white violinist in my strings group, and i mean every girl was in love with him, ( no to mention the fact that he was uber talented!!) but i was so hurt finding out he was doing the celloist, a man embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Why Women Love Gay Men by raphy(m): 9:20pm On Feb 01, 2010
yeah
gay guys got it all sexy slim and fit no pot belly grin
Re: Why Women Love Gay Men by platinumnk(f): 9:22pm On Feb 01, 2010
raphy:

yeah
gay guys got it all sexy slim and fit no pot belly grin

u must like gay guys cheesy no wahalla smiley

[s]gay guys keep up with their fitness because they have to compete with women lol[/s]

1 Like

Re: Why Women Love Gay Men by Sauron1: 9:23pm On Feb 01, 2010
Women love gays because. . . . . .

gays are more sensitive to a woman's needs.
gays are more faithful(they won't leave women for other chics)
gays have a great sense of fashion and style.
gays are also physically fit(Women like men that are well-built).
Re: Why Women Love Gay Men by bawomolo(m): 9:27pm On Feb 01, 2010
gay guys make good companions for them and have similar interests (the effeminate ones)
Re: Why Women Love Gay Men by platinumnk(f): 9:30pm On Feb 01, 2010
I like gay guys but not really gay girls .  .

especially the "butch" ones  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed hell na  tongue

but the girly gays though can be just as bitchy  as regular girls, but some are real cool smiley

@sauron- gays is not a nice word angry
Re: Why Women Love Gay Men by Sauron1: 9:32pm On Feb 01, 2010
platinumnk:

So what is the nice word?
Quuers? grin
Re: Why Women Love Gay Men by bawomolo(m): 9:36pm On Feb 01, 2010
~Sauron~:

So what is the nice word?
Quuers? grin

booty pirates  cheesy

butch's are way too masculine (ex- weird mc)
Re: Why Women Love Gay Men by Sauron1: 9:37pm On Feb 01, 2010
bawomolo:

booty pirates  cheesy

Butt-wreckers cheesy
Re: Why Women Love Gay Men by bawomolo(m): 9:39pm On Feb 01, 2010
~Sauron~:

Butt-wreckers cheesy

sword fighters. oh ok now this is going too far  grin

carpet munchers for the femmes
Re: Why Women Love Gay Men by platinumnk(f): 9:40pm On Feb 01, 2010
ooh you guys are terrible  shocked shocked lipsrsealed

i got a name : soccer players grin grin grin
Re: Why Women Love Gay Men by bawomolo(m): 9:44pm On Feb 01, 2010
platinumnk:

ooh you guys are terrible  shocked shocked lipsrsealed

lmao expect a defamation lawsuit by fifa asap.

flame works for the homos also cheesy
Re: Why Women Love Gay Men by Sauron1: 9:45pm On Feb 01, 2010
platinumnk:

Emos should do.
Re: Why Women Love Gay Men by platinumnk(f): 9:47pm On Feb 01, 2010
bawomolo:

lmao expect a defamation lawsuit by fifa asap.

flame works for the homos also cheesy

for what . . they look gay tongue

~Sauron~:

Emos should do.

hmmm most emos arent usually gay . . undecided
Re: Why Women Love Gay Men by Sauron1: 9:49pm On Feb 01, 2010
platinumnk:

hmmm most emos arent usually gay . . undecided

They are all closet gays abeg.
Re: Why Women Love Gay Men by bawomolo(m): 9:50pm On Feb 01, 2010
~Sauron~:

aren't emos just a bunch of weird looking depressed folks.  the sensitive version of goths?

plat - if soccer players look gay then american football is worse with all that tackling  cheesy
Re: Why Women Love Gay Men by Nobody: 9:53pm On Feb 01, 2010
~Sauron~:

No, no they're not cheesy
Re: Why Women Love Gay Men by platinumnk(f): 9:55pm On Feb 01, 2010
emos are usually too withdrawn to contemplate being gay tongue

I like to think them as asexual tongue
bawomolo:

aren't emos just a bunch of weird looking depressed folks.  the sensitive version of goths?

ure right, they are in too deep within themselves to think deal with that tongue
bawomolo:

plat - if soccer players look gay then american football is worse with all that tackling  cheesy

naaa american football is much more manly. . .  its like how male animals fight each other to be the male victor cheesy
Re: Why Women Love Gay Men by bawomolo(m): 10:02pm On Feb 01, 2010
platinumnk:

naaa american football is much more manly. . .  its like how male animals fight each other to be the male victor cheesy

lol you would enjoy watching rugby and the ufc then.

emos are just plain creepy undecided
Re: Why Women Love Gay Men by SEFAGO(m): 10:04pm On Feb 01, 2010
platinumnk:

I like gay guys but not really gay girls .  .

especially the "butch" ones  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed hell na  tongue

but the girly gays though can be just as bitchy  as regular girls, but some are real cool smiley

Interesting, I always postulated this as the case being most women being better friends/more comfortable with gay guys while men really being more ok with gay females. To my knowledge as well as empirically  this has always been the case.
Re: Why Women Love Gay Men by platinumnk(f): 10:05pm On Feb 01, 2010
bawomolo:

lol you would enjoy watching rugby and the ufc then.

emos are just plain creepy undecided

rugby  . . . i dont know

emo music is cool though cheesy evanescence, frou frou, etc
Re: Why Women Love Gay Men by Nobody: 10:05pm On Feb 01, 2010
Can't go the whole mile of befriending a gay dude. They tend to talk a lot.
Re: Why Women Love Gay Men by platinumnk(f): 10:08pm On Feb 01, 2010
stillwater:

Can't go the whole mile of befriending a gay dude. They tend to talk a lot.

but they are usually funny, always cracking jokes lol. . .

there is gay guy on youtube that has some sorta video diary and she/he is hilarious! grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Women Love Gay Men by Nobody: 10:11pm On Feb 01, 2010
Naa, they are not humorous to me. Can't even stand ladies who talk a lot, how much more a dude.
Re: Why Women Love Gay Men by Sauron1: 10:13pm On Feb 01, 2010
ibkaye:

No, no they're not cheesy

Emos = gays = queers = butt wreckers = butt invaders = shirt lifters.
Re: Why Women Love Gay Men by platinumnk(f): 10:18pm On Feb 01, 2010
~Sauron~:

Emos = gays = queers = butt wreckers = butt invaders = shirt lifters.

if you barely have emotion for anything than themselves, how can they be gay?
Re: Why Women Love Gay Men by Sauron1: 10:21pm On Feb 01, 2010
platinumnk:

if you barely have emotion for anything than themselves, how can they be gay?

self love = same sex love = homosexual = gays = emos. grin
Re: Why Women Love Gay Men by ayettymama(f): 10:29pm On Feb 01, 2010
ROTFLMFAO!!

no i dont like gay men

my gay friends are all keepin it in the closet!

personality wise thay are very similar to women

just that they are men|!

women prefer the company of men than fellow women

not really much rocket science to it!
most of the outly ones can be pretty annoying

but the normal manly ones just freak me out!
Re: Why Women Love Gay Men by SEFAGO(m): 10:32pm On Feb 01, 2010
most of the outly ones can be pretty annoying

Yeah, very annoying lol. Usually men are not one of the most talkative species so when you find another man who cannot shut his trap its really vexing. I have a friend named Gay Joe grin, and the guy never stops talking man, and he always talk about intimacy all the time lol

Infact the outly ones are the most annoying, I prefer the ones in the closet
Re: Why Women Love Gay Men by ayettymama(f): 10:34pm On Feb 01, 2010
SEFAGO:

Yeah, very annoying lol. Usually men are not one of the most talkative species so when you find another man who cannot shut his trap its really vexing. I have a friend named Gay Joe grin, and the guy never stops talking man, and he always talk about intimacy all the time lol

Infact the outly ones are the most annoying, I prefer the ones in the closet

you feel me!

one thing i HATE more than gay men

is men who talk too much and men who gossip

so imagine how i feel abt a man who is gay and talks too much??

(1) (2) (Reply)

: How Can Someone Treat A Sturborn Lady In A Relationship? / Nigerian Men Lack Game In Elegance! / 10 Biggest Dating Turn Offs For Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.