Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,111 members, 7,818,317 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

Dragnet/mtn 2017: Invite For Simulation Assessment Test - Jobs/Vacancies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Dragnet/mtn 2017: Invite For Simulation Assessment Test (32746 Views)

Npower N-teach Assessment Test: Latest Developments / N-Power Teach Assessment Test Thread / N-power Agro Assessment Test Ends August 1, Teach Starts August 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dragnet/mtn 2017: Invite For Simulation Assessment Test by dsaynt: 11:25am On Sep 23, 2017
adayola:

He didn't say 'concluded'. He said "almost concluded". It means the ones that are yet to be conducted are a part of what is left before it will be concluded. Its just simple English.

The doubt that 50% of the openings are yet to be filled, should be cleared immediately; interviews and tests are going on on daily basis and in different MTNN locations everyday of the working week.

This is not to make us give up in our expectations but to come to terms with the facts.

Yeah I guess they would have done about 70% by now. Doesn't mean that one of us can't be amongst the remaining 30%.
My issue is that I'd like MTN to either instruct Dragnet to start letting people tgat didn't make it know or do it themselves.
I think they are hedging their bets so in case those that they called for interview didn't impress them they would go down to the next ranked person. However it not nice to keep people in suspense.
That's my 2 kobo on the issue.

Let's keep waiting sha.

Good luck everyone

1 Like

Re: Dragnet/mtn 2017: Invite For Simulation Assessment Test by Nobody: 11:44pm On Sep 23, 2017
yuceeh:

Are you a spokes person of MTN, how did u arrive at your conclusion or are you
giving us an insider information ?
Remember over 100 positions were advertised and I doubt if up to 50% has be
called or filled.
I did my simulation test on the 5th of August (and there were others that did after us and so on) and I don't even think they ve started calling my batch ( I stand to be corrected)

I believe the process is very much ongoing, it will take a lot of time and patient.

From experience , HR often keep list of all candidates for the role, they interview the top performing ones, and hold on to the list of candidate, they proceed to send a "regret" mail when their preferred candidates have accepted their offer.,else they can begin the process with the second best list in their candidate pool.

If you haven't been called since the August or July simulation test...it may not be a good sign..

Some people got mail two weeks after the simulation in Aug and have gone two steps into the interview process with mtn..
Re: Dragnet/mtn 2017: Invite For Simulation Assessment Test by KiLLyMiL: 12:49pm On Sep 24, 2017
Ifexabc:
@Killy ..dnt loose hope yet...u it myt be a mistake from dragnet.. or probably u choose a location thats already full..so which location did u choose..

Okay so I received an email from MTN about an invitation for interview the role officer customer support which I applied for after I had lost hope cos of dragnet's regret email.
Now the issue is it's in PH of which I chose Lagos as my first choice as preferred location when I was called twice. I emailed the HR about this he replied that that's what they have for my preferred location and Lagos has been completed.
Now please does anyone have any idea of the salary structure for this position. And if the location of the interview necessarily means the location of employment as well.
Please I'll need response on this so I can weigh my options.
Thanks
Re: Dragnet/mtn 2017: Invite For Simulation Assessment Test by Chukbeck(m): 1:42am On Sep 25, 2017
From the feelers I have so far, It appears MTN has not started calling for managerial roles. Please has any one being called for any managerial role?

1 Like

Re: Dragnet/mtn 2017: Invite For Simulation Assessment Test by adayola(m): 7:44am On Sep 25, 2017
rychard:

From experience , HR often keep list of all candidates for the role, they interview the top performing ones, and hold on to the list of candidate, they proceed to send a "regret" mail when their preferred candidates have accepted their offer.,else they can begin the process with the second best list in their candidate pool.

If you haven't been called since the August or July simulation test...it may not be a good sign..

Some people got mail two weeks after the simulation in Aug and have gone two steps into the interview process with mtn..

I did the simulation test in July, got another test invite last week which I did and then the next day, I got an invite for an interview this Thursday.

We may just be patient and hopeful, everything will fall into place.

1 Like

Re: Dragnet/mtn 2017: Invite For Simulation Assessment Test by Nobody: 8:30am On Sep 25, 2017
adayola:

I did the simulation test in July, got another test invite last week which I did and then the next day, I got an invite for an interview this Thursday.

We may just be patient and hopeful, everything will fall into place.

Which role is that?
Re: Dragnet/mtn 2017: Invite For Simulation Assessment Test by Chukbeck(m): 10:18am On Sep 25, 2017
rychard:

Which role is that?

Please what role is that?
Re: Dragnet/mtn 2017: Invite For Simulation Assessment Test by adayola(m): 12:39pm On Sep 25, 2017
rychard:

Which role is that?

CRO self service and E-channels
Re: Dragnet/mtn 2017: Invite For Simulation Assessment Test by otunbaa(m): 1:57pm On Sep 25, 2017
adayola:

CRO self service and E-channels

Pls any info on CRO walk in center?
Re: Dragnet/mtn 2017: Invite For Simulation Assessment Test by adayola(m): 2:08pm On Sep 25, 2017
otunbaa:

Pls any info on CRO walk in center?

Non at the moment.
Re: Dragnet/mtn 2017: Invite For Simulation Assessment Test by dare111: 10:54am On Sep 26, 2017
[quote author=rychard post=60768218]

Pls how many stage is the interview process
Re: Dragnet/mtn 2017: Invite For Simulation Assessment Test by mildred8: 10:55am On Sep 27, 2017
Please does anyone know whether the role of Manager, Customer Support, Global Accounts have been called? I did my simulation test on the 12th of July. No response since then. Not even a regret mail. Pls whats going on?
Re: Dragnet/mtn 2017: Invite For Simulation Assessment Test by dsaynt: 11:31am On Sep 27, 2017
mildred8:
Please does anyone know whether the role of Manager, Customer Support, Global Accounts have been called? I did my simulation test on the 12th of July. No response since then. Not even a regret mail. Pls whats going on?

Well someone said that they haven't started calling people for managerial roles and another said that if your simulation test was in July or August and you haven't been called then it's over for you. I don't know which one to believe.
I too applied for a managerial role. Did simulation test on the 12th of July and I haven't heard anything from MTN ...not even regret email. So I don't know.
Anyways whenever they reply na dem sabi. Regret or call for interview...i guess it's at their own time .
Let's just keep on living our lives whenever any of the correspondences come it would come. I am tired of waiting n waiting
Re: Dragnet/mtn 2017: Invite For Simulation Assessment Test by toluene1234: 10:12pm On Sep 27, 2017
Anyone who has gone for specific function test should tell us his/her experience of the test. How does it really look like.

Someone should help please.

Thanks
Re: Dragnet/mtn 2017: Invite For Simulation Assessment Test by Chukbeck(m): 12:55pm On Sep 28, 2017
dsaynt:

Well someone said that they haven't started calling people for managerial roles and another said that if your simulation test was in July or August and you haven't been called then it's over for you. I don't know which one to believe.
I too applied for a managerial role. Did simulation test on the 12th of July and I haven't heard anything from MTN ...not even regret email. So I don't know.
Anyways whenever they reply na dem sabi. Regret or call for interview...i guess it's at their own time .
Let's just keep on living our lives whenever any of the correspondences come it would come. I am tired of waiting n waiting

With respect to what I gathered from a reliable MTN staff, the company is undergoing a restructuring. I have not met any one who applied for any Managerial position called upon. I applied for Sales Planning Manager and had my simulation exercise on the 5th of August, 2017. Since then, no regret mail nor another invite for interview. If any of you knows anyone who applied for a managerial position and has been called, please kindly let the house know. At least make we use am they check our BP level. Una thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Dragnet/mtn 2017: Invite For Simulation Assessment Test by yuceeh: 7:00pm On Sep 28, 2017
Like i said before, this is a massive recruitment. By my estimation over 120 positions were advertised and is nearly impossible for an organization like mtn to fill in such positions even in a space of six months.

This process is still much on-going and it might even last beyound this year(2017) as mtn nigeria is undergoing massive restructuring. So there will be no need coming here to tell people that the process is almost concluded or to tell people that have not been called after their simulation test to give up, except if you are the CEO of mtn nigerian. People should only be worried when their positions are called and they are not invited.

A friend of mine got an invite yesterday for an interview this friday (tomorrow) and many position are still yet to be called for interview. The invite is serial, not random and based on position applied for ie units/departments/divisions.

@chukbeck we are on the same boat, Sales planning manager. you can reach me lets talk 08061193852.

Thanks all !

3 Likes

Re: Dragnet/mtn 2017: Invite For Simulation Assessment Test by techserve: 12:13pm On Sep 29, 2017
Chukbeck:
From the feelers I have so far, It appears MTN has not started calling for managerial roles. Please has any one being called for any managerial role?

They Have bruv.... At least as at the 4th August I know 2 Persons that attended interviews for Managerial roles [Am sorry, I cannot remember the positions].

For the interview pattern: were asked to do a presentation [Managerial roles only o!]. You will get a mail on what to prepare for.

And for MTN restructuring... Please be aware the the roles are also open to MTN staff too. Though they didn't partake in the simulation test, you will meet them there on your interview date.

I hope you will have a pleasant experience too #smiles#.....

2 Likes

Re: Dragnet/mtn 2017: Invite For Simulation Assessment Test by mildred8: 3:10pm On Sep 29, 2017
I sent a message to Dragnet through twitter and dragnet responded and said the recruitment is still on-going. Dragnet said those that were not successful have been sent regret mails. So we should be patient.

If u havent been called for interview, maybe they have not reached you department because the restructuring is done department by department basis

2 Likes

Re: Dragnet/mtn 2017: Invite For Simulation Assessment Test by Chukbeck(m): 4:33pm On Sep 29, 2017
techserve:

They Have bruv.... At least as at the 4th August I know 2 Persons that attended interviews for Managerial roles [Am sorry, I cannot remember the positions].

For the interview pattern: were asked to do a presentation [Managerial roles only o!]. You will get a mail on what to prepare for.

And for MTN restructuring... Please be aware the the roles are also open to MTN staff too. Though they didn't partake in the simulation test, you will meet them there on your interview date.

The date I had my simulation exercise is 5th August for the position of Sales Planning Manager. If the person you are talking about was called for interview as at 4th of August, that means it is for another managerial position, also going by that date the fellow will have had his S. E a month before.
Re: Dragnet/mtn 2017: Invite For Simulation Assessment Test by dsaynt: 3:59pm On Sep 30, 2017
From what I've gathered so far the recruitment is still ongoing. They are going department by department. So some departments might have concluded theirs while others are yet to even start.

From what someone said it seems that Dragnet do send regret emails. So if you haven't gotten any such email then hope is alive.

If na any of those oil majors you applied too nko. Those ones call people like a year after the test. Lol.

Anyways good luck everyone.

1 Like

Re: Dragnet/mtn 2017: Invite For Simulation Assessment Test by Nobody: 7:19am On Oct 06, 2017
techserve:

Na, not a problem,
Most HR prefer to hire a fresh head for outside than recycle their own peeps...
Re: Dragnet/mtn 2017: Invite For Simulation Assessment Test by adayola(m): 8:48am On Oct 06, 2017
dsaynt:
From what I've gathered so far the recruitment is still ongoing. They are going department by department. So some departments might have concluded theirs while others are yet to even start.

From what someone said it seems that Dragnet do send regret emails. So if you haven't gotten any such email then hope is alive.

If na any of those oil majors you applied too nko. Those ones call people like a year after the test. Lol.

Anyways good luck everyone.

You are right. Someone went for a test yesterday for one of the advertised positions.
Re: Dragnet/mtn 2017: Invite For Simulation Assessment Test by mildred8: 6:58pm On Oct 06, 2017
Pls the test that the person went for yesterday, was it organised by dragnet or MTN itself?
Re: Dragnet/mtn 2017: Invite For Simulation Assessment Test by adayola(m): 2:43pm On Oct 08, 2017
mildred8:
Pls the test that the person went for yesterday, was it organised by dragnet or MTN itself?

First phase was organised by dragnet. The next phase was a test conducted by MTN
Re: Dragnet/mtn 2017: Invite For Simulation Assessment Test by mildred8: 4:46pm On Oct 09, 2017
Ok. Thanks for the info. But to be honest i didnt expect this long wait from MTN. I thought they are professionals and should have concluded by now. Pls what position did the person that went for the test apply for? Just curious..
Re: Dragnet/mtn 2017: Invite For Simulation Assessment Test by Nobody: 4:50pm On Oct 13, 2017
Anybody else got invites for mobile financial product ?
Re: Dragnet/mtn 2017: Invite For Simulation Assessment Test by Makins2rue: 7:37am On Oct 14, 2017
When where you invited
Re: Dragnet/mtn 2017: Invite For Simulation Assessment Test by acaolly1(m): 2:34pm On Oct 15, 2017
So, some people still expecting something from MTN... Well, if its will of GOD then it shall be done...

1 Like

Re: Dragnet/mtn 2017: Invite For Simulation Assessment Test by Nobody: 2:47pm On Oct 15, 2017
Makins2rue:
When where you invited

On the 14th of This month(Oct).
Re: Dragnet/mtn 2017: Invite For Simulation Assessment Test by Nobody: 2:50pm On Oct 15, 2017
acaolly1:
So, some people still expecting something from MTN... Well, if its will of GOD then it shall be done...

That should include you I guess, after all why would you be following this post....
I think I wrote this test about August or so.. Its October and I'm getting invitation from MTN.

Its safe to say that as long as u haven't received a mail stating you were not successful then its okay to be expectant..

2 Likes

Re: Dragnet/mtn 2017: Invite For Simulation Assessment Test by yuceeh: 4:15pm On Oct 15, 2017
rychard:
MTN has begun conduct of 2nd phase interviews for the roles.. I did a second interview conducted my MTN N, after the simulation test and all..
Its likely they will contact today... They often reach out on Fridays ..

Best of luck and be hopeful.

@rychard pls how many positions did you applied for and how many times have you been invited for interviews by mtn. i find your posts on this thread very controversial and contradicting. You also stated earlier that the process is been almost concluded (which i personally challenged and refuted) and now you are singing a different song. You claim you have undergone two interviews since august after your simulation test yet no offer has been made to you by mtn only for them to invite you again for an interview in a different position. Pls explain so that you stop confusing people that are genuinely and patiently waiting for their turn.

Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Dragnet/mtn 2017: Invite For Simulation Assessment Test by Nobody: 5:51pm On Oct 15, 2017
yuceeh:

@rychard pls how many positions did you applied for and how many times have you been invited for interviews by mtn. i find your posts on this thread very controversial and contradicting. You also stated earlier that the process is been almost concluded (which i personally challenged and refuted) and now you are singing a different song. You claim you have undergone two interviews since august after your simulation test yet no offer has been made to you by mtn only for them to invite you again for an interview in a different position. Pls explain so that you stop confusing people that are genuinely and patiently waiting for their turn.

Thank you!

You had a lot of time in your hands to go dig up old post... And you sound so convinced that I am trying to confuse people, but why would I do that,what's there to gain in confusing people. I applied for the roles I was qualified for and I got invited for them.

How is that in any way a plan to confuse people. Would you prefer that i don't make posts on the thread?.

Cheers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I Got This Interview I Never Applied, Photo / INEC Recruitment Of Election Staff: What You Should Know Before Applying / A New SCAM FORMAT!!! scam on STATOIL LTD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.