Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,026 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:53 PM

I Want 2 Breakup Politely, But How Do I Start - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Want 2 Breakup Politely, But How Do I Start (4221 Views)

How To Politely Ask For Sex without sounding rude or funny / How Do I Politely Return Her Gifts? / How Does One Politely Turn Down A Crush From A Female ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want 2 Breakup Politely, But How Do I Start by peelovee(f): 11:26am On Feb 02, 2010
Happy New year to all NL members.

I want to put an end to our relationship in a polite manner, as i am no longer interested.

Please advise on the proceedures to breakup without having problems/hurting the next person involved.

WHY I MUST BREAKUP WITH MY GUY

a)When He was working(With Very little pay for 1 year )

He was loving, caring, giving attention, planing to come see my parents for marriage, always pleading i should stay with him that every thing will be alright, I believed in him because I loved him.
To be sincere, I have being the one doing the spending since i entered into the relationship believing one day evey thing will turn around 4 our good.

a) Now that He is working (with Bigger Pay  for just 3 months)
He is always very busy, he gives me no attention, no calls but MTN flash, always complaining and looking for faults,
I am so confused, bored, and always thinking what his next move will be.

Please advise sad
Re: I Want 2 Breakup Politely, But How Do I Start by Nobody: 11:28am On Feb 02, 2010
Talk to him and tell him your concerns and take it from there. smiley
Re: I Want 2 Breakup Politely, But How Do I Start by ybab: 11:29am On Feb 02, 2010
1) are you working as well
2) do you stay in the same town?
Re: I Want 2 Breakup Politely, But How Do I Start by sexyLeamon(f): 11:32am On Feb 02, 2010
Dont drag it out, that could end up hurting you both even more. Just be honest, he deserves that if you still care about him, and don't want to hurt his feelings
Re: I Want 2 Breakup Politely, But How Do I Start by ThoniaSlim(f): 11:40am On Feb 02, 2010
Talk it out with him. . .and if no compromise is reached. . .then you can take a walk. . .but don't rush anything.
Re: I Want 2 Breakup Politely, But How Do I Start by Freiburger(m): 11:54am On Feb 02, 2010
Why not outline these reasons u just mentioned to him? and watch out if there is gonna be some changes with him before rushing into breakup.
Re: I Want 2 Breakup Politely, But How Do I Start by holotee(m): 12:37pm On Feb 02, 2010
Tell you what,
Talk to him about the situation of things. His response/answer should let you know the next action you should take.

How to break up ? That's easy, Even without saying much, if the guy is smart, he should get it.
Re: I Want 2 Breakup Politely, But How Do I Start by peelovee(f): 12:42pm On Feb 02, 2010
Freiburger:

Why not outline these reasons u just mentioned to him? and watch out if there is gonna be some changes with him before rushing into breakup.

I have outlined these reasons to him several times but there has been no changes for the past six months rather he argues over issues and making things get worst and boring for me.

What annoys me must is that after hurting me he will never apologise not until he need my assistance after that he continues from where he stop.

To be sincere, i am no longer interested in the r/s.
Re: I Want 2 Breakup Politely, But How Do I Start by unitee(f): 1:29pm On Feb 02, 2010
i get you @poster its tough at times
Re: I Want 2 Breakup Politely, But How Do I Start by Nobody: 1:37pm On Feb 02, 2010
Just take a walk and dont tell him anything.You dont have to sit him down and tallk ur mind again as u have done this in the past and no changes.Let him explore with his bigger pay first.Am very sure whn he is back to his rightful senses ,he will come back begging you then.Just pray its not late then.
If he comes back to u for any favour,just ignore him politely.Be matured with ds.Dont even call him again.Let him be the one to do that.He may be seeing a bigger girl with bigger pay am sure and just using ur flaws as excuse.
Dont let him take u for granted plsssss.
Re: I Want 2 Breakup Politely, But How Do I Start by peelovee(f): 2:39pm On Feb 02, 2010
nikkykay:

Just take a walk and dont tell him anything.You dont have to sit him down and tallk your mind again as u have done this in the past and no changes.Let him explore with his bigger pay first.Am very sure whn he is back to his rightful senses ,he will come back begging you then.Just pray its not late then.
If he comes back to u for any favour,just ignore him politely.Be matured with ds.Dont even call him again.Let him be the one to do that.He may be seeing a bigger girl with bigger pay am sure and just using your flaws as excuse.
Dont let him take u for granted plsssss.

Thanks dear.
Re: I Want 2 Breakup Politely, But How Do I Start by smooooooth: 2:45pm On Feb 02, 2010
when a guy steps up, u better meet up, or get dumped.
Re: I Want 2 Breakup Politely, But How Do I Start by Godalone(m): 3:13pm On Feb 02, 2010
@nikkykay,you are right .
Re: I Want 2 Breakup Politely, But How Do I Start by galatico(m): 3:19pm On Feb 02, 2010
Sit him down and talk to him politely he he continues walk out of the relationship .
Re: I Want 2 Breakup Politely, But How Do I Start by peelovee(f): 3:23pm On Feb 02, 2010
galatico:

Sit him down and talk to him politely he he continues walk out of the relationship .

peelovee:

I have outlined these reasons to him several times but there has been no changes for the past six months rather he argues over issues and making things get worst and boring for me.

What annoys me must is that after hurting me he will never apologise not until he need my assistance after that he continues from where he stop.

Re: I Want 2 Breakup Politely, But How Do I Start by peelovee(f): 3:28pm On Feb 02, 2010
smooooooth:

when a guy steps up, u better meet up, or get dumped.

You got a point here, then what's your advise!
Re: I Want 2 Breakup Politely, But How Do I Start by DOAweb(m): 4:00pm On Feb 02, 2010
peelovee:

You got a point here, then what's your advise!

Simply do a spot check on itself, when you were sort of the breadwinner in the relationship, how did you behave - nice and understanding or nice and bossy?

Hindsight - he is just kidding around due to his new power of purchase and would soon come back to his true love( Love relationship) OR he has been praying for the day his circumstances would change and he can get rid of you ( Managed relationship).

YOU SHOULD KNOW!!
Re: I Want 2 Breakup Politely, But How Do I Start by DOAweb(m): 4:02pm On Feb 02, 2010
DOAweb:

Simply do a spot check on itself yourself, when you were sort of the breadwinner in the relationship, how did you behave - nice and understanding or nice and bossy?

Hindsight - he is just kidding around due to his new power of purchase and would soon come back to his true love( Love relationship) OR he has been praying for the day his circumstances would change and he can get rid of you ( Managed relationship).

YOU SHOULD KNOW!!

Re: I Want 2 Breakup Politely, But How Do I Start by davemart: 4:55pm On Feb 02, 2010
Is that the only reason for wanting to breakup.
Please before you decide to breakup i think you need to listen to one man's opinion.
See his advice for women on breaking up
Re: I Want 2 Breakup Politely, But How Do I Start by frank317: 7:08pm On Feb 02, 2010
peelovee:

6 months!! look, before i open my eyes you have left that relationship. listen baby girl, life is cruel, and the ealier you undesrtand that the better for you. the fact that you helped him in that past does not mean that he must return the favour.

why do you want you break up with him politely? what makes you so sure that he will be hurt if u eventually breakup with him? from the look of things, he has already beat u in the game of breaking up, yes he has already broken up with u a long time ago while you are still thinking of leaving him.

why for God sake must u stay in a relationship that does not seems to be working? a relationship that is givin u headach? do you like headache? give urself a break from him, i mean a long break, if he does not come begging, move on, if he comes begging then give him a second chance in your own terms.

please stop all this nonsense about seeking for advice on breaking up POLITELY with someone who is not manking you happy!!!
Re: I Want 2 Breakup Politely, But How Do I Start by peelovee(f): 9:18am On Feb 03, 2010
davemart:

Is that the only reason for wanting to breakup.
Please before you decide to breakup i think you need to listen to one man's opinion.
See his advice for women on breaking up

Thanks for your advise and link.

I have made up my mind to break up with this guy but I need the right steps to follow.
Re: I Want 2 Breakup Politely, But How Do I Start by galatico(m): 9:53am On Feb 03, 2010
peelovee:

Quit the relationship dear!!!
Re: I Want 2 Breakup Politely, But How Do I Start by 007malaika(m): 10:15am On Feb 03, 2010
you guy had sex,if yes to can go on to depart.take kia
Re: I Want 2 Breakup Politely, But How Do I Start by emmystone: 10:18am On Feb 03, 2010
if u r true to urself, u will no wat to do. learn how to aproach issues head on. grin
Re: I Want 2 Breakup Politely, But How Do I Start by henryhemon(m): 11:12am On Feb 03, 2010
@pee,
Talk to him one more time about this and make him realize that it will lead to your break up with him,after then if he continues this last time,then you have to walk away and i bet you when you walk away he will get to understand how important you are to him,new success tends to make some people lose their sense untill reality check sets in,i bet he's that kind of person.
Re: I Want 2 Breakup Politely, But How Do I Start by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:34pm On Feb 03, 2010
from what i read on nl these days,its either most posters are like btw 18-22 yrs old and very immature OR very ahem, old and bitter at their life experiences
am lookin at the gals,

@ poster ok first of all for the very simple reason of your own showing on this page i tend to agree that the better thing will be for you to dump the guy WHY? because apparently you have problems with the guy being successful, u feel 'threatened' cos his dependence on u is lessened and u think he is now attractive to other women(spending power).

Because truth is you have not stated any clear ground for your supposed gripe. am very sure that the aforesaid time spent etc was as a result of the fact that he truly had ample time to spend, most likely he does not have that time now!!!

U DO KNOW THAT THERE IS A PRICE TO PAY FOR WEALTH, ONE OF WHICH IS USUALLY TIME AND EFFORT!!!! unless you are saying that he actually does not spend as much time on the work (more or less accusing him of cheating)

which do u want, a poor dependent boyfriend/husband or a financially bouyant one?
women like you are the type that wish their husbands remain poor because when he was poor the saw him all the time!!! it does not mean he is cheating on you or neglecting you. its the price!!! how much time do you think obama spends staring at his wife a day?

u cant eat your cake and have it!

other than the above, as a reasonable individual what you should do is choose a opportune time to discuss with him, tell him your concerns and try to device ways of integrating your lives to mesh more in the new circumstance e.g YOU go to take him for lunch once or twice a week, if u work too u pple can arrange to get back from work together (though u not married but just trying to make u see a point), etc. just be UNDERSTANDING of his schedule and work demands and be creative!!!

i work from 8 am to 8.30 pm daily incl saturdays and dont get home before 10 pm! i sure would not like to date some one with your mentality and disposition!!! truly, he who finds a wife ,
Re: I Want 2 Breakup Politely, But How Do I Start by ddiamond(f): 1:30pm On Feb 03, 2010
it depends on where it want to start, try put him in tight corner first to know if you really want him to go, love is matter of heart, letting one go is matter of head, coordinate them together and let him go,
Re: I Want 2 Breakup Politely, But How Do I Start by SamMilla1(m): 5:25pm On Feb 03, 2010
OUR SCENARIO FOR TODAY IS ABOUT A NIGERIAN YOUNG LADY CALLED PEELOVEE.

Peelovee Went into a relationship without agenda in place. The Boyfriend worked for a company that paid him little.

The boyfriend had always begged peelovee to stay in the relationship, not to leave because things will be alright.

Peelovee claimed to had been doing most if not all the spendings for both of them.

All of a sudden, Mr Boyfriend {we will call him John Doe} lands a job in a Fortune 500 company and changed over night.

He doesnt have time for peelovee again. He doesnt even call but just flash with a local Nigerian Network company called MTN.

peelovee wants to quit the relationship in a polite way and she needs our advice.

Below is the original post from peelovee.

I want to put an end to our relationship in a polite manner, as i am no longer interested.

Please advise on the proceedures to breakup without having problems/hurting the next person involved.

WHY I MUST BREAKUP WITH MY GUY

a)When He was working(With Very little pay for 1 year )
He was loving, caring, giving attention, planing to come see my parents for marriage, always pleading i should stay with him that every thing will be alright, I believed in him because I loved him.
To be sincere, I have being the one doing the spending since i entered into the relationship believing one day evey thing will turn around 4 our good.

A ] Now that He is working (with Bigger Pay  for just 3 months)
He is always very busy, he gives me no attention, no calls but MTN flash, always complaining and looking for faults,
I am so confused, bored, and always thinking what his next move will be.

Please advise

Here is our likely scenario for peelovee's ordeal.

MISS BREADWINNER COMES BACK FROM WORK.

Peelove : John Doe this is the end of the month and you are supposed to get your salary today ? How much did they pay you ?
John Doe : Uhm, the same thing they paid last month .
Plv : You mean they didnt increase your money from 6000 Naira ?
JD : Yes, they didnt, i told the manager that my girlfriend complained it was very small but he said i can always leave the company if i wish.
Peelovee : Then i am leaving you. You good for nothing man, other people are earning a lot of money, cant you see Okocha, Sam Milla, Kanu nwankwo, even Obafemi Martins of yesterday , they all earn big money and drive big cars. You earn peanut. I am leaving you.
JD : Things will be alright baby, very soon, i will get a better job, then we will go and see your Parents . please baby please dont go.
peelove : Ok , Ok, but this time around, if they dont increase it next month, I will go away.

JOHN DOE CRIES AND VOWED TO DO ANYTHING TO GET MONEY.

AFTER ONE WEEK, JOHN DOE GETS A CALL FROM MICROSOFT CORPORATIONS LAGOS OFFICE FOR INTERVIEW., HE GETS THE JOB.
[img]http://kootenays.cmha.bc.ca/files/kootenays/employment2.jpg[/img]

MANAGER : Congrats John, the Job is Yours. Your pay will start from 300,000 Naira a month. Though we will be paying in Dollars equivalent.
John : Wow ! Thanks a lot Manager. I cant thank You enough.
Manager : Meanwhile, there is a string attached, i lobbied for you to get this job because you have a great body. What do you say we become friends ?
John : Uhm ! I have a girlfriend but that is Ok. {Idiot suddenly recalls that girlfriend had always wanted to go} I can forget about her. Its simple.
Manager : Great, we can hit it off tomorrow. Call me after work and we will go to a bar and have a drink.

JOHN DOE GET HOME TO GIRLFRIEND, WHO HAS BEEN WAITING AND PRAYING THAT JD GETS THE JOB.

Peelovee : Welcome John, How was the interview ?
JD : It went well. They said they will call me very soon to see if they will give me the job.
PLV : OK, we can only hope and pray. we will go to Winners Chapel on Sunday for goodluck Prayers.
JD : uhm no no, not necessary. I need to go to village to see my parents, she is sick. she sent a message.

After Three months of uncertainty and nowhere to see john doe, peelovee heard a rumour that John doe now works for MS CORP in Lagos.
He tried calling John many times which of course Mr Arsehole didn't answer. He always calls back when He was sure our girl is busy at work which of cause our girl mis interprets as flashes.

Finally she couldn't take it any longer and decided to seek for advice on the internet.

Venue :  THE LAUGHTER JOINT.
TOPIC : I Want TO Breakup Politely, But How Do I Start ?
Url : https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-391370.0.html

ADVICE FROM SAM MILLA : My dear peelovee , Since i cant determine how it all happened, i can hardly give you the best answer.
Try to reach him, determine his stand, be polite enough, dont shout or fight, If he thinks its over, dust yourself and move on with your life.
Re: I Want 2 Breakup Politely, But How Do I Start by chelseabmw(m): 5:29pm On Feb 03, 2010
@poster,
Even if i have a clue to this i will not say anything, TALK TO UR SPOUSE
Re: I Want 2 Breakup Politely, But How Do I Start by peelovee(f): 5:51pm On Feb 03, 2010
4llerbuntu:

from what i read on nl these days,its either most posters are like btw 18-22 yrs old and very immature OR very ahem, old and bitter at their life experiences
am lookin at the gals,

Age is just a number, what matter is what one has upstairs(knowledge/ understanding)

@ poster ok first of all for the very simple reason of your own showing on this page i tend to agree that the better thing will be for you to dump the guy WHY? because apparently you have problems with the guy being successful, u feel 'threatened' cos his dependence on u is lessened and u think he is now attractive to other women(spending power).

[b]Me spending for my guy is never and not a right but a priviledge, I did that because i loved and believed in him that one day reverse will be the case.Him having a good job with a better pay is my joy, I believe is answers to our prayer and faith. I am very happy for his dependence on me being lessened at least he an continue the spending from where i stoped. [/b]

Because truth is you have not stated any clear ground for your supposed gripe. am very sure that the aforesaid time spent etc was as a result of the fact that he truly had ample time to spend, most likely he does not have that time now!!!
U DO KNOW THAT THERE IS A PRICE TO PAY FOR WEALTH, ONE OF WHICH IS USUALLY TIME AND EFFORT!!!! unless you are saying that he actually does not spend as much time on the work (more or less accusing him of cheating)

What makes you feel he doesnt have time? a guy that resumes 8am- 4pm and doesnt work on saturdays.

which do u want, a poor dependent boyfriend/husband or a financially bouyant one?
women like you are the type that wish their husbands remain poor because when he was poor the saw him all the time!!! it does not mean he is cheating on you or neglecting you. its the price!!! how much time do you think obama spends staring at his wife a day?

I personally do not rejoice over a guy that is poor, neither would i loved my husband because he is poor and independent. I dont blame you for classifying me among woment that wishes poverty to their husband so as to have the whole time needed  for selfish interest.

u cant eat your cake and have it!
other than the above, as a reasonable individual what you should do is choose a opportune time to discuss with him, tell him your concerns and try to device ways of integrating your lives to mesh more in the new circumstance e.g YOU go to take him for lunch once or twice a week, if u work too u pple can arrange to get back from work together (though u not married but just trying to make u see a point), etc. just be UNDERSTANDING of his schedule and work demands and be creative!!!

What annoys me must is that after hurting me he will never apologise not until he need my assistance after that he continues from where he stop. I work also and also run a parttime programe, but i dont take this as an excuse rather i creat time to fufil my obligation to him as my guy.

i work from 8 am to 8.30 pm daily incl saturdays and dont get home before 10 pm! i sure would not like to date some one with your mentality and disposition!!! truly, he who finds a wife ,

Neither would i marry a guy like you who values his job more than his wife/kids. FYI there re thousand of men working out there 8am-10pm including saturdays and still have quality time with wife/children. so why sumarizing? if you do not know what to say please stop underrating inderectly
Re: I Want 2 Breakup Politely, But How Do I Start by peelovee(f): 5:59pm On Feb 03, 2010
@Sam Milla,

Why not write a novel with what you have just publised.

I only needed ur advise, thats all.
Re: I Want 2 Breakup Politely, But How Do I Start by SamMilla1(m): 8:26pm On Feb 03, 2010
peelovee:

@Sam Milla,

Why not write a novel with what you have just publised.

I only needed your advise, thats all.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I will leave that under advisement

BTW, Stop attacking criticisms from posters, It wont help.

(1) (2) (Reply)

She Doesnt Take Her Bath Often / I think my wife is cheating on me. / What Scares You Most In Life?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.