Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,833 members, 7,817,443 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:20 PM

The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes (13273 Views)

New Naira Notes Ready September Ending – CBN / New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? / PHCN Rejects Naira Coins as mode of payments! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by akara(m): 4:42pm On Feb 27, 2007
all looks nice. Are the larger denominations changed as well?
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by ronnieslimz(f): 4:44pm On Feb 27, 2007
wtf
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by luvlymoi(f): 4:46pm On Feb 27, 2007
damn, why are naira notes so damn fat and soo big, i tot they wer goin to make it smaller this time.
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by Nobody: 6:10pm On Feb 27, 2007
young_digi:

exactly what i was going to say, whats the relevance of putting 3 languages in the back of the note, thats kind of segregating all the other tribes, the fact that these 3 languages are the most common languages doesnt mean that the others do not exist, i think that is just irrelevant, and they could have made the naira notes without that

Stop whining bro., Igbo/Hausa/Yoruba outnumber the rest by atleast 12 million people, it's imperative that if we're going to represent "Nigerian" culture, it has to include the 3 major ethnic groups. Why don't you celebrate that we've gotten one step away from the European and Arab colonial mentality and becoming proud of atleast some of our native languages?. . .We cannot put 250 languages on there even if we wanted to, that does not automatically imply we should abandon all of our native languages. Stop causing commotion here, applaud the idea. I'm quite sure India does not bother promoting all of its 25 or so official languages, they just represent the most widely spoken ones.

I like the idea of coins, it might help check the incessant 5Naira price increments. I'm not well versed in financial economics but in Soludo I trust, he's an intelligent Nigerian man. The coins look a lot like $2 Cdn though.
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by 2old4that(m): 7:07pm On Feb 27, 2007
whatever thier sizes n shapes!

I cant wait to get my hands on millions and billions of those! grin smiley
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by gee2(m): 8:21pm On Feb 27, 2007
we all will begin to carry aluminium or is it iron in our pockets, beware!!! your pockets will have HOLES soon grin grin grin ha, ha, ha
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by Phonic(m): 9:07pm On Feb 27, 2007
Well that is good at least let's see weather that can improve our currency, by bring in the coins to market.
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by hotangel2(f): 9:43pm On Feb 27, 2007
It's shorter in width. And it looks kinda huge.

Interesting, but is this really neccessary? I like the Polymer idea, but why can't we just change the old one to polymer and leave the shape and form?
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by dblock(m): 10:29pm On Feb 27, 2007
The coins are fantastic. I give the notes a 7/10 on a worldwide sclae and the coins a 10/10. Those coins are superb, i'm astonished that some people don't like them, the are worldclass and couldn't be better. Great stuff, simply manificent simply astounding, simply marvelous, simply fantastic and awesomely wonderful cheesy
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by sbucareer(f): 11:38pm On Feb 27, 2007

What happened to our kobo? Why did the CBN governors abolish the powerful kobo?
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by jgirl3: 3:08am On Feb 28, 2007
I can't wait to get them. I'm so excited. We have our one naira back! The new 20 even looks good. Now i have a big motivation to be proper 'ijebu' with my naija money smiley
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by Pain(m): 7:01am On Feb 28, 2007
They Should Hve Included The Higher Denominations Ahead Of The Campaigns. Some People Have So Much Stashed Up In Their Private Coffers.
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by Goshen360(m): 10:29am On Feb 28, 2007
Hi nairalanders,

its quite a good initiative for the FG and CBN to have reviewed the 5, 10 and 20 naira notes. i really love pple being original and creative. i love the notes as they portray real nigerian culture but i guess its wrong and its a resource wasted for the FG and CBN to have put on dis coins again. The least thing you can buy in nigeria of today will go for 5naira (Pure water) abi wetin dey again?, This is one of the reason we are not advancing in this country, we waste resources alot. The idea of coins in our currency is absolutely wrong in my own opinion but i really love those notes. They nice and ok for nigerians.

Thanks
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by Talk2yeancah(m): 10:45am On Feb 28, 2007
[b][/b]a least our money willl still have its value back. CBN bravooooooooooooooo
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by Austincrow(m): 10:52am On Feb 28, 2007
That is nice. Soludo carry go!
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by agnesoseka: 11:37am On Feb 28, 2007
HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by ogs(m): 12:07pm On Feb 28, 2007
Why not just thank GOD for the CHANGE. cool
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by ono(m): 1:50pm On Feb 28, 2007
I think the words on the notes should be in Ijaw, Isoko, Urhobo, Akwaibom and Ikwerre; because the bulk of the country's wealth comes from the areas where these languages are spoken. Rite?

The other tribes just sit where ever they are and feed fat on the proceeds from the sale of the resources of the above mentioned tribes. It will only be fair to the Niger Delta people if the notes are written in their languages.
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by olawa20(m): 1:53pm On Feb 28, 2007
the coins look beautiful to me, but it might be too early to judge their relevance

heard the polymer notes tend to fade after a while. Is there anyone with experience on polymer notes?
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by joeyk: 2:54pm On Feb 28, 2007
whao the new notes are okay and hope to see more but it would have been better if this notes are slimmer like the dollars, but as for the coins this is out of fashion in nigeria as a whole and its a waiste of national resources once again.
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by Raimond(m): 3:49pm On Feb 28, 2007
From some inside information, i learnt the coins are actually made of some kind of plastic, please who knows what kind of plastic that could be.I really want to know!!!!!  , those of you guys that are science-savvy,please help
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by LoverBwoy(m): 4:07pm On Feb 28, 2007
Raimond:

From some inside information, i learnt the coins are actually made of some kind of plastic, please who knows what kind of plastic that could be.I really want to know!!!!! , those of you guys that are science-savvy,please help

plastic coins? the notes are made of polymer some rubber formulae

ono:

I think the words on the notes should be in Ijaw, Isoko, Urhobo, Akwaibom and Ikwerre; because the bulk of the country's wealth comes from the areas where these languages are spoken. Rite?

The other tribes just sit where ever they are and feed fat on the proceeds from the sale of the resources of the above mentioned tribes. It will only be fair to the Niger Delta people if the notes are written in their languages.

To be honest with you, I think all the new notes should be printed and distributed to them grin
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by Raimond(m): 4:25pm On Feb 28, 2007
Loverbwoy, for real the inside guy is in the CBN currency office in Abuja,he says the coins are actually not mettalic as they appear.That`s why i`m really confused.Could such be achieved with plastic!!!hhhmmmmm
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by LoverBwoy(m): 4:34pm On Feb 28, 2007
hmm kids would probably choke on them, just imagine some stressed worker chewing on the coin like a "biro"  cheesy

the guy must be telling you something else, never heard of plastic coins, just imagine if you are trying to introduce vending machines  undecided

http://66.40.18.146/Currency/gallery/N2.asp <the N2 coin, check material
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by deydouyeen: 5:33pm On Feb 28, 2007
hey guys
whats up.am new on this site but really i must tell u naira land is fun and interesting,oops about the new notes ,yuk!i think they are not so beautiful,more so its so bigggggggggggggggggggggggg,
but wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww,did anyone see the coins they r so beautifulllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by Nobody: 7:40pm On Feb 28, 2007
ono:

I would have taken you seriously if you have taken time to admit there are Igbos in Rivers State!!!
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by queen2(f): 8:30pm On Feb 28, 2007
lovely, but nigeria tends to make nu money every year
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by LoverBwoy(m): 8:48pm On Feb 28, 2007
"init"  cheesy they get dirty quick
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by zigbo(f): 11:17pm On Feb 28, 2007
the coins are lovely but i dont know anythin that sells for less than 5 naira in naija so producing this coins will make carryin money a lil mo difficult and bulky for nothin.
if there is a large degree of deflation in the nigeria economy,then the whole concept will make a lil mo sense. as ffor the notes lipsrsealed
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by pinkysegun(m): 12:32am On Mar 01, 2007
obes if dey put all 9ja lang dere note ll become ruff paper or working sheet do u no how manny lang w speak atall u r 2 trabalistic IN CANADA ENGLISH OBVERSHADOWS FRENCH DOESNT MAKE D FRENCH rebellious against d engkish speaker
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by doyen(m): 8:55am On Mar 01, 2007
Soludo, to be kindid u are an hero!!!!!! more power to ur elbow, God bless Nigeria.
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by dblock(m): 9:11am On Mar 01, 2007
True talk

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Affiliate Marketing In Nigeria / 5 Harsh Truth Every Entrepreneur Should Have In Mind / We Reduced Minting Of Naira To Boost Electronic Transactions – CBN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.