Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,470 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes (13274 Views)

New Naira Notes Ready September Ending – CBN / New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? / PHCN Rejects Naira Coins as mode of payments! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by Hugoboi(m): 4:31pm On Mar 06, 2007
Its bcus of pple who abuse the naira like MOPOL that necesitated such measure.The issue of inflation is secondary
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by Elpee(f): 5:58pm On Mar 06, 2007
cheesy shocked OMG this is the first tyme im hearin of new notes and coins in naija!!!!! What d hell is happenin in Naija, this is a pleasant suprise, does that mean that they r tryna make our money have value again, hoe its not for shooo and wait will dey still accept d old ones cuz i have some i still carry around lol and im not in naija, This is good man dem dey try Behind up small, I hope dis change is worth it in d end and its not abused like d oder ones were,

God keep our naija children safe cuz dis is d tyme for kidnapping crap, all cuz of money ,
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by alabiyemmy(m): 7:47pm On Mar 06, 2007
Elpee:

cheesy shocked OMG this is the first tyme im hearin of new notes and coins in naija!!!!! What d hell is happenin in Naija, this is a pleasant suprise, does that mean that they r trying to make our money have value again, hoe its not for shooo and wait will dey still accept d old ones because i have some i still carry around lol and im not in naija, This is good man them dey try Behind up small, I hope this change is worth it in d end and its not abused like d oder ones were,

God keep our naija children safe because this is d tyme for kidnapping crap, all because of money ,

No, actually it is a common thing to come out with new notes in Nigeria. 1000naira notes came out not long ago, ditto 500 naira notes, few years ago, old style notes were replaced with new ones, so its not new realy.
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by Elpee(f): 8:53pm On Mar 06, 2007
Thanxs 4 explainin, i kno bout d 1000, 500 notes cuz i was still in naija then but i neva noticed that the old notes ever had a change of design or probably ive forgotten bout it cuz to me d 20 naira has forever been green and so on, but why do they keep changin it i dont get it its not like d value has increased as dey change it!!!!
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by BEKY: 2:27pm On Mar 08, 2007
w smileyw!new naira note.
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by VORTEX(m): 5:27pm On Mar 08, 2007
cry sadly i must say this is the wackest currency ive ever seen.considering the coins,wut do we need coins 4?when 10 naira is already on its way on extinction?sorry yall,thats nonsense.yall should 4get it.its absurdity,
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by alabiyemmy(m): 5:28pm On Mar 08, 2007
VORTEX:

cry sadly i must say this is the wackest currency ive ever seen.considering the coins,what do we need coins 4?when 10 naira is already on its way on extinction?sorry yall,thats nonsense.yall should forget it.its absurdity,

Every country has a coin in her currency - what should our dear country be an exception? think twice and count the advantages.
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by femfist(m): 8:00pm On Mar 09, 2007
anyone seen what some unscrupulous NIGERIANS are doing to the naira?
just as well the polymer notes was introduced.can anyone think of how the masses can be educated, because it seems the government is not doing enough with their advertisements.

the new naaira notes i've just seen takes the glamour off the money being just a week old.

EDUCATION ON HOW TO PRESERVE OUR NATIONAL PRIDE

cry cry cryembarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed cry cry cry cry cry
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by lochness: 12:19am On Mar 10, 2007
I totally agree with the fact that almost all countries in the world have coins as part of their currency system irrespective of the value of the currency. It is plausible that we still have coins. Some day things might change for the better in the country and inflation will become a thing of the past, then there would be the need for the coins. At the same time, we have to start keeping our notes clean, the coins will go a long way in helping that. Why hold N20 when all you need is N1
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by namzo(m): 2:56pm On Mar 10, 2007
I heard that the -N-20 polymer note is just an experiment. Who knows, maybe the other notes will be eventually turned to polymer too smiley.
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by kellorah: 8:44pm On Mar 10, 2007
ugly ugly ugly
looks like something nursery one kids were asked to 'water colour'!

d coins r jst  undecided PLANE UGLY

1P looks better than one and 2 naira combined

wot's with '2 naira'? whose idea was it?  undecided
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by Ferlie(m): 8:46pm On Mar 10, 2007
shutp up - nothing Nigerian is never good in their eyes - ugly mutatoes.

kellorah:

ugly ugly ugly
looks like something nursery one kids were asked to 'water colour'!

d coins r jst undecided PLANE UGLY

1P looks better than one and 2 naira combined

wot's with '2 naira'? who idea was it? undecided

Whats not with 2Naira coin - ask bank of england why there is 2pound coin.
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by 4mike(m): 9:09pm On Mar 12, 2007
that looks cool but,
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by kellorah: 1:26pm On Mar 14, 2007
i saw a new £20 note and i have a feeling nigerians over-heard the discussion on changin the pound note/coins, it looks kinda like the naira, or r all countries introducing new but simliar notes?? undecided
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by kellorah: 1:28pm On Mar 14, 2007
@Ferlie , theyve had it for quite a while now
it's handy, esp; now the bus fare has gone up to £20
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by alabiyemmy(m): 1:31pm On Mar 14, 2007
kellorah:

i saw a new £20 note and i have a feeling nigerians over-heard the discussion on changin the pound note/coins, it looks kind of like the naira, or r all countries introducing new but simliar notes?? undecided

You are saying Nigeria is copying the UK? Why must everything Nigeria do be because some other country is doing or has done it? Nigeria did it because it has to be done, not because we heard the pound is to be changed.
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by kellorah: 1:37pm On Mar 14, 2007
what a coincidence!!

we'll never know!!
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by cabali(m): 12:09pm On Mar 17, 2007
Well we are mostly always behind the british aint we? aint noones fault if it seems all we do is copy 'em
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by poiill: 9:20pm On Mar 21, 2007
men, delm. the coins r pimping
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by Seun(m): 9:25pm On Mar 21, 2007
I agree. They look good, though I've never had any reason to use them.
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by cabali(m): 10:26am On Mar 24, 2007
I havent had reasons to use them cause i love them with me cheesy
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by jenny2007(f): 3:58pm On Mar 27, 2007
well for you all who keep on whining about the three languages on the new naira note - what do expect that CBN should have done then? Inscribe all the two-hundred and thirty something languages on one paper note? i think thats its a brilliant idea putting just the three main languages on the currency notes. why didn't anyone bring up an issue about the language when it was only written in English and Arabic. or have we got any tribe that speaks arabic in Nigeria?
However, i must that i agree that i do not fancy the look of the coins at all. they remind me of UK 2 pounds coins- wonder if its going to be as heavy too! don't like the look of the naira notes too; they look like Ghanaian currency which i find very off-putting.
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by Treasure27(f): 3:41pm On Mar 28, 2007
i love 20 naira note
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by stranger12: 11:43am On May 24, 2007
@ topic

I believe any good country should have the cost of a big loaf of bread as coin.

Hence, I would say Nigeria is not there yet.

a £2 coin in UK is equivalent to about N500.

It is cost effective to have coins for the right denominations
a N50 coin will last longer than 40 yrs but a N50 note will retire to the bin after 2 years of "active service".
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by Kestas(m): 2:42pm On Jun 03, 2007
Hello,

I am looking for reliable supplier of recent NAIRA notes and coins from Nigeria.
All items should be in UNCIRCULATED condition. I need them for collectable purposes.
Please contact me by e-mail to arrange details.

Regards,

Kestas
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by muthu2006: 2:44pm On Jan 21, 2011
hi friends,i'm muthu krishnan from india.i'm a coin and currency collector.if any1 can send me the nigerian polymer and paper bank notes,please reply. i could pay you the face value of the notes in return. my email muthu.333@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

5 Harsh Truth Every Entrepreneur Should Have In Mind / We Reduced Minting Of Naira To Boost Electronic Transactions – CBN / You Cant Open A Corporate Account With Banks Without Registration With Efcc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.