Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,151 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:11 AM

The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes (13272 Views)

New Naira Notes Ready September Ending – CBN / New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? / PHCN Rejects Naira Coins as mode of payments! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by banging(m): 4:50pm On Mar 03, 2007
Hold it my fellow Nigerians, Are we talking about the beauty of the note, or the value of it?
Don,t let this people fake us with all this kids tricks. The new notes changes nuttin in the country, and you all are happy.
Think about it
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by cabali(m): 4:58pm On Mar 03, 2007
Ehen! bad belle is here. am sure u are not even concious of the staus of the naira. b4 u wreck this thread, go and digest the difference in the strength of the naira 6yrs ago and now as against the dollar and all.
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by banging(m): 8:29pm On Mar 03, 2007
See man its like you are not in nigeria to know whats going on down here. for naira sake, are we going to get 2naira with 5naira goods? Answer my fucking question cool
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by opensource(m): 8:50pm On Mar 03, 2007
The polymer desind for the 20 looks wonderful and will last longer that of the 10 , 5 , 50 still retains the paper form and thus will get rough because they are mostly used by consumers , so sooner or later they become like old junks we used to have.

This is a welcome development , i really respect the team behind the design of our new currency.I AM PROUD TO BE A NIGERIA

Also the coins i am yet to see it but i believe introduction would help reduce the amount of cash we carry around if also this coins can come in high denominations like 200 , 100 , 500 so people will use more of Credit / Debit cards for transaction that taking raw cash and abusing it always with rough handling
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by Crownvilla(m): 8:58pm On Mar 03, 2007
Kudos to Soludo!

A nation's currency talks volumes about the national psyche. The new N20 is silky smooth and lovely to touch/handle. No more filthy, defaced N20 notes which are a disgrace to Nigeria. I hope that very soon, all the notes will be made from Polymer.

More importantly, we Nigerians should enforce zero tolerance for any acts of economic sabotage that will undermine our currency.
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by ChuckD2(m): 1:25am On Mar 04, 2007
Guys, you should see the N10 note that I have. The suya guy that gave it to me messed it up. It looks older and dirtier than the old notes. I think they should have also made the N10 note polymer as well. , The idea of leaving it in paper sucks. undecided
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by forgiven(m): 1:58am On Mar 04, 2007
I for like make the twenty naira dey for note so the police go find am hard to dey collect am for road
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by crux(m): 2:53am On Mar 04, 2007
the portability is something i really appreciate
you dont have to fold into wallet and now everyone will have to get a wallet because we all have to treat this new notes well. though i could see some slacks in the design but well its cool, at least new notes for everyone to keep.
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by adconline(m): 3:16am On Mar 04, 2007
this is 21st century and we are still playing politics of exclusion. Why print in three languages even when we have about 250 dialects? We use money from Niger delta to do whatever we want without putting them into consideration
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by cabali(m): 3:29am On Mar 04, 2007
@ banging who obviously dont know much about currency power. the existence of lesser denominations helps the economy eventually so do u mean u cant make sales wit N5? thats like 3 of the coins. so in the event of competition, that goods could be sold for less but without its (d coins) existence, that wont be possible and so the only way will be up.

u could just google currency and get schooled. the illustration is supposed 2 help u and if it doesnt there isnt hope 4 ur understanding

wether u understand or not, the effect will help the country. u have the right to avoid d coins; they can survive without u!

@ adcoline, nice point; well said man
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by dblock(m): 6:32am On Mar 04, 2007
Nigera CANNOT write the languages of the 250+ ethnic groups on the notes. IGBO, HAUSA, YORUBA and ENGLISH are the most spoken, so it seems only logical that those languages are printed on the notes. THe naija delta was neglected, but this is just pure insanity, the naija delta is a state just like any other state, the isue is that it was neglected and the funds fromt the state were misappropriated and little was invested into the nation. If Itsekiri is the most widely spoken language, or Ijaw, then it shall be printed on the notes, the notes aren't big enough for 300 languages(stupidity), I am not discriminating, as i am 25% Deltan and Itsekiri is my father's language, but this shouldn't be about ethnicuty but about logic. I am sure that the second that the minority languages become majority languages they shall be printed, but until then they'll have to be excluded, not because they are not as good as the other languages, but because a two year old will tell you that there is no room.
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by operator(m): 8:22am On Mar 04, 2007
what are the motives behind the changing of the nigeria notes.
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by cabali(m): 12:01pm On Mar 04, 2007
that foxes me too but i could live with the change though.

@dblock he was just saying we have lots of languages in the country so must the denomination be written in languages? u dont see signs and road signs in the country written in 4 languages do u? just leave the freking thing in english

but i must say am glad there aint arabic on it
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by Blow(m): 12:13pm On Mar 04, 2007
, The new naira notes brings a new lease of life with it,
Thats the psche behind it,
I think the notes have good texture and really handy,
smaller and easy to carry in the pocket,
its's more like the standard the world over.
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by Yusufadeto(m): 2:18pm On Mar 04, 2007
Hmmmm, i think to my own opinion, i saw the new #20 notes yesterday, i felt like it melting in my hand, it should have been printed in a better way than that, i think it a lovely idea, because countries changes there currency every 8yrs so as to improve it standard and give the country currency a better image. Though the new currency is portable and am sure it will be able to withstand the test of time before it can be as rotten as the old one's. Am sure if the acceptability in not in the hand of the CBN through the central bank, am sure Nigerians will not accept the new notes because most layman thinks that introduction of currency automatically lead to inflation. To me the introduction of 2naira into the circulation is of no effect and it makes no sense, the former denomination is the best that i have ever seen so far i.e 50Kobo, #1, #5, #10, #20, #50, #100, #200, #500 and #1000, introducing, the new 2naira is of no effect and it makes no sense at all, though am sure alot of people would have delegate on it before its introduction into the economy, maybe anyone will like to tell me its effect in the economy, maybe with that, i will be able to understand the reason why it has been introduced.
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by Imani(f): 5:23pm On Mar 04, 2007
The new notes look nice. Lets just hope the female petty traders dont 'keep' them in their bras grin

The coins look like the £2 coins used in the UK.

While it is true there are over 250 languages, there are only 3 main widely recognised lanuguages and the other languages may have thier roots from the main ones. Maybe the Government should start considering making all future currency in the official language which is English. Until then, one group will always complain of being left out.
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by desertboom(m): 5:31pm On Mar 04, 2007
Good job, those notes were really old i think the federal government did the best to redesign and change completely also the idea of 3 major languages is also good but the 20 naira note was a perfect design.
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by alabiyemmy(m): 6:24pm On Mar 04, 2007
Nothing they do in Nigeria for Nigerians ss never good in their eyes and in their minds and in their opinion. Every country spends coins, why and how should Nigeria be different? The same Nigerians will buy items and will complain their change is not complete because the seller rounds up to the nearest available denomination.

Go to the bank, they will shor change you because there is no coin or smaller denominations, now the government has seen that and address that but alas, some Nigerians call it a waste of time, a bad idea, waste of tax payers money etc, some people even said the notes will be ideal as a writting pad, I think most of us just like criticising every little thing that the government does, we dont even think, we just get a buzz by criticising, it is a shame.
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by Icon(m): 9:59pm On Mar 04, 2007
Came across Reuben Abati's article on the Naira notes
Quite reflective & insightful.
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by rantibaby(f): 12:33am On Mar 05, 2007
[color=#006600][/color

Nawa o, does this changing of Niara means changing of the attitudes of our Government?
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by LoverBwoy(m): 1:00am On Mar 05, 2007
Icon:

Came across Reuben Abati's article on the Naira notes
Quite reflective & insightful.

insightful?
Though hard-working, Reuben Abati sometimes come across as one village boy  undecided
If it would be any consolation to such aggrieved minorities, the new notes bear the Nigerian flag: green-white-green. It is a good thing that no one has complained yet about the colours of the Nigerian flag for indeed, the colours are the same as the official colours of the Islamic religion. The old naira notes,

Consider for example, the story of a commuter in Ibadan who decided to pay his bus fare, out of mischief, with the new 2 kobo coins, hauling onto the waiting hands of the bus conductor a handful of jingling coins. The bus conductor reportedly hissed.
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by Ninigirl(f): 2:49am On Mar 05, 2007
cry Instead of bringing up ideas to lower currency notes, they make new notes instead.
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by Love44(f): 3:13am On Mar 05, 2007
I like the new notes and i can't to see it when i come to Nigeria.
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by bobezey(m): 3:24am On Mar 05, 2007
The introduction of a batch of new currency is a bold step in a new
direction. The nation needed that new face lift.

Just a good reminder that we are a vibrant new democracy hoping
for a change in the right direction. Getting our people involved in
form of commitment and an assurance that growth is with us. That our nation is riding a wave of hope,  in building a better and a more
robust and sustainable economy. Great move.

I salute these new brides of fresh currencies. God bless Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by Icon(m): 8:19am On Mar 05, 2007
LoverBwoy:

insightful?
Though hard-working, Reuben Abati sometimes come across as one village boy undecided

Ha ha ha. You're right there!
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by Modups1(f): 9:57am On Mar 05, 2007
the new notes and coins are really beautiful to behold
i really hope these notes will last longer cos our notes have been so abused in d past

i am wondering though why d 20 naira note is d only one dat is polymer
and i am not sure bout dat tranparent feature for dat note in particular, it looks strange
and are we really a nation of coin users? am sure after a little while those coins will vanish

and another thing i dont understand is why they display all d security features. wont dat make it easy for d forgers to note and work on undecided undecided undecided

overall though, i would like to commend soludo and his team for a job dat looks well thought out for our naija people and economy.
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by hotangel2(f): 11:53am On Mar 05, 2007
I think the money looks sincerely like monopoly money. The color is just to color-ish.
The coins however look like tokens.

Stil though, i like it.
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by jeshua(m): 2:35pm On Mar 05, 2007
It looks nice but my concern is the value. I guess its being improving steadily. My question is why remove somethings and still put another, the arabic was removed and three languages were put. well, they should know better what they want to achieve, maybe more hostage taking by the niger delta people or generally questions and objections.
I dont know if anybody noticed that the coins had stars on it, when we no be Ghanians, wetin dey happen?
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by alabiyemmy(m): 6:19pm On Mar 05, 2007
Ninigirl:

cry Instead of bringing up ideas to lower currency notes, they make new notes instead.

hmmm, funny comment.
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by Douzy(m): 12:04am On Mar 06, 2007
Not funny, but meaningless.
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by astronp7(m): 12:19am On Mar 06, 2007
Many thanks to soludo! I think if all head of of establishments from the presidency to the village head where to make such innovations this country could have been better of.

For the 3 language I don't think it is of the best interest of this country, we have over 300 languages in this nation. Great design. I look forward 4 others in polymas too.

A good techical knock-out 4 fake printers. Buying a wallet will be a good idea too. Good luck my dear.
Re: The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes by lilthanny(m): 4:27pm On Mar 06, 2007
I dont Really see the need in changing the 5,10,20 and 50 naira notes 2 another format.It Looks really crazy 2 me becuz that'lll never change anything.Things will still be high as it is.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Affiliate Marketing In Nigeria / 5 Harsh Truth Every Entrepreneur Should Have In Mind / We Reduced Minting Of Naira To Boost Electronic Transactions – CBN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.