Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,716 members, 7,809,711 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:44 PM

Why Them? Why Not Me? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Them? Why Not Me? (1621 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Them? Why Not Me? by Emodeee: 7:27am On Jul 12, 2017
Social Media is the place to stumble on good news. Good news that doesn’t seem to have anything to do with you. Or worse, good news that make you sometimes feel like nothing good is happening to you.

Engagement announcements, new baby bump show-offs, graduation ceremonies, exotic holidays, career upgrades or just plain “look-at-me-i’m-so-happy” posts can make you want to ask
“What are these people doing that i’m not doing?”
“Why do they have everything i want?”
“Why do they have it so easy?”
“Why them and not me”?

All these questions and others along the same lines, will eventually lead you to despondency and resentment. Trust me when i tell you this because I’ve been there. It will lead you to bitterness and jealousy too because a person who is not happy with himself/herself cannot be happy for other people.
Comparing your life with other people and trying to find your self-esteem from what you have, what you do and what people think about you, is a sure recipe for a life of unhappiness and discontent. You cannot go through life like that because that is not God’s will for you. A life like that takes away the spirit of gratitude and joy and replaces them with something dark and brooding. The Holy spirit cannot thrive in such a heart.
2 Corinthians 10:12
“We don’t dare put ourselves in the same class with those who think they are so important. We don’t compare ourselves to them. They use themselves to measure themselves, and they judge themselves by what they themselves are. This shows that they know nothing.”

Comparing yourself to others never ends well. It can either make you prideful (thinking you are better than others) or it can kill your self-worth and make you resentful (thinking you are not as blessed or gifted as you should be).

Know this, we are all where we are by the special grace of God and according to his plan. We are not always privy to those plans and that is a good thing because if God told us all he has in store for us, we will not be able to handle it. So he feeds us in little doses and we are to trust him and have faith because he has assured us that he is working for our good.
(Romans 8:28)
God will do what he wants to do, when he wants to do it and how he wants to do it. So, keep your spirit pure and free from unnecessary anxiety, competition, and resentment.

Be happy and be grateful for where you are and what you have RIGHT NOW.

source:http://www.4lah.com/2017/05/15/why-them-why-not-me/

lalasticlala, mynd44, dominique. farano.

5 Likes

Re: Why Them? Why Not Me? by Oyindidi(f): 7:29am On Jul 12, 2017
Pastor Emodeee
Re: Why Them? Why Not Me? by Emodeee: 7:33am On Jul 12, 2017
Oyindidi:
Pastor Emodeee

that's me thoughcheesy. i found the message inspiring, so i had to share.
Re: Why Them? Why Not Me? by Nobody: 7:33am On Jul 12, 2017
Ride on man of God grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Them? Why Not Me? by Emodeee: 7:34am On Jul 12, 2017
mhizesther:
Ride on man of God grin grin grin grin

i know say you nor dey go churchcheesy. buh the message is for everyone.
Re: Why Them? Why Not Me? by Victornezzar: 7:36am On Jul 12, 2017
Hmmm
pastor I receive it
Am under d anointing
Ride on sa
May d spirit of d Lord guide u
nice post grin
Re: Why Them? Why Not Me? by Nobody: 7:42am On Jul 12, 2017
Victornezzar:
Hmmm
pastor I receive it
Am under d anointing
Ride on sa
May d spirit of d Lord guide u
nice post grin
recieve what! Na anusfan u be ba
Re: Why Them? Why Not Me? by Victornezzar: 7:43am On Jul 12, 2017
durentchigozie:
recieve what! Na anusfan u be ba
Dis dude again
Wer av u been
Re: Why Them? Why Not Me? by Nobody: 7:46am On Jul 12, 2017
Victornezzar:

Dis dude again
Wer av u been
in your brain screwing some loosed nuts.
Re: Why Them? Why Not Me? by Nobody: 7:46am On Jul 12, 2017
Emodeee:

i know say you nor dey go churchcheesy. buh the message is for everyone.

Me sef I be child of God ooo
Re: Why Them? Why Not Me? by Victornezzar: 7:47am On Jul 12, 2017
durentchigozie:
in your brain screwing some loosed nuts.
Thunda faya u
Re: Why Them? Why Not Me? by Nobody: 7:49am On Jul 12, 2017
Victornezzar:

Thunda faya u
recieve it. Oya go and stitch ur anus orifice. Werey
Re: Why Them? Why Not Me? by Emodeee: 7:50am On Jul 12, 2017
hey guys, don't derail the thread. let your comment be meaningful and let it pertain to the topic of the thread.
Re: Why Them? Why Not Me? by Victornezzar: 7:50am On Jul 12, 2017
Emodeee:
hey guys, don't derail the thread. let your comment be meaningful and let it pertain to the topic of the thread.
Baba its durentchigozie oo
Re: Why Them? Why Not Me? by Victornezzar: 7:51am On Jul 12, 2017
Emodeee:
grin
Re: Why Them? Why Not Me? by Emodeee: 12:02pm On Jul 12, 2017
lalasticlala, mynd44, dominique.
Re: Why Them? Why Not Me? by Emodeee: 3:44pm On Jul 12, 2017
it's not a lie that lalasticlala like boobs. i created two threads, na the thread wey get boobs matter e first carry go front pagecheesy.

lalasticlala, let's do it again.
Re: Why Them? Why Not Me? by Emodeee: 6:27pm On Jul 13, 2017
lalasticlala, let's go there.
Re: Why Them? Why Not Me? by Ginaz(f): 10:50pm On Jul 13, 2017
This lalasticlala eh, it's him I dislike most. No day I will call him that he will answer. Go to hell, if you like ban me I do not care cos you don't care!!! angry angry angry
Re: Why Them? Why Not Me? by Emodeee: 2:23pm On Jul 15, 2017
dominique, mynd44.
Re: Why Them? Why Not Me? by Emodeee: 7:53pm On Jul 15, 2017
lalastclala.
Re: Why Them? Why Not Me? by Emodeee: 8:09am On Jul 19, 2017
lalasticlala.
Re: Why Them? Why Not Me? by Divay22(f): 8:33am On Jul 19, 2017
Just as the sun shines when it's time, and the moon also when it's time, So we'll are shine when our time comes.
Re: Why Them? Why Not Me? by Precial419: 8:42am On Jul 19, 2017
I dnt tink d social media has only gud news to give so being jealous n bitter is at ur owo peril.
Re: Why Them? Why Not Me? by Emodeee: 3:19pm On Oct 20, 2017
lalasticlala ishilove farano dominique
Re: Why Them? Why Not Me? by Emodeee: 6:35pm On May 11, 2019
Where is lalasticlala?

(1) (Reply)

Help Me: My Lover Makes Scary Sounds During Sex / I Love Her, But.... / Am I A Woman Wrapper?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.