Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,265 members, 7,829,541 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

Sheriff Loses As Supreme Court Affirms Ahmed Makarfi As Authentic PDP Chairman - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sheriff Loses As Supreme Court Affirms Ahmed Makarfi As Authentic PDP Chairman (45566 Views)

Presidency 2019: 6 Reasons PDP Should Field Ahmed Makarfi As Candidate / Ahmed Makarfi, His Profile, Wife, Children, Family Of PDP Presidential Aspirant / Ahmed Makarfi Involved In Motor Accident (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sheriff Loses As Supreme Court Affirms Ahmed Makarfi As Authentic PDP Chairman by tuniski: 11:48am On Jul 12, 2017
kinibigdeal:

Fayose and Wike are the major reason why PDP remains a viable opposition. If not for the two, PDP should be declared dead by now. Top up Fayose...while other governors in PDP were asleep because of unknown fear, Fayose was busy putting Buharis government on is toe.
God bless you. Those men are the real men they have kept PDP going even with this Sheriff saga, it kept PDP visible and ultimately deepens party politics.
Pdp now shows even further it is the bastion of our democracy. They showed party management when in power and have endured albeit showing party management outside of power.
Power truly to the people.

3 Likes

Re: Sheriff Loses As Supreme Court Affirms Ahmed Makarfi As Authentic PDP Chairman by tonio2wo: 11:48am On Jul 12, 2017
Truepee:
is PDP still a party

Yes o! They are still duly recognised and registered with inec and they just won a supreme court case. wink

3 Likes

Re: Sheriff Loses As Supreme Court Affirms Ahmed Makarfi As Authentic PDP Chairman by drnoel: 11:49am On Jul 12, 2017
Hab24:

https://mobile.twitter.com/SaharaReporters/status/885059653620699138

Sad day for democracy really, the supreme court did well. But when u think of the high court judgement, u ask urself how they arrived at such a judgement.
Re: Sheriff Loses As Supreme Court Affirms Ahmed Makarfi As Authentic PDP Chairman by belzabull(f): 11:52am On Jul 12, 2017
This news gladdens my heart

Another spear right down the throat of apc scumbags and useless animals

2 Likes

Re: Sheriff Loses As Supreme Court Affirms Ahmed Makarfi As Authentic PDP Chairman by Bizibi(m): 11:52am On Jul 12, 2017
They must realign fast!!!!!
I'm damn tired of APC hypocrisy and gross incompetence, the hunger and confusion is just unbearable

3 Likes

Re: Sheriff Loses As Supreme Court Affirms Ahmed Makarfi As Authentic PDP Chairman by tonio2wo: 11:54am On Jul 12, 2017
mokaflex:
Too the loser of the battle btw this two at the Supreme Court, I'm thinking Makarfi would lose anyways and then I can't wait for all those who claimed they would retire or leave the PDP keep to their words. Oya: Bode George, Ayo Peterson the rock Fayose etc. I dey wait.

You still dey laugh? grin grin grin grin
Re: Sheriff Loses As Supreme Court Affirms Ahmed Makarfi As Authentic PDP Chairman by karimcarim(m): 11:55am On Jul 12, 2017
Some people will be planning to decamp to APC
Re: Sheriff Loses As Supreme Court Affirms Ahmed Makarfi As Authentic PDP Chairman by belzabull(f): 11:57am On Jul 12, 2017
Mendelssohn:
What happens to the newly elected senator from osun state?
of course he will loose his sit to the authentic pdp faction, Makarfi's.

His faction of pdp is illegal, therefore not recognised cheesy
Re: Sheriff Loses As Supreme Court Affirms Ahmed Makarfi As Authentic PDP Chairman by Timfreds(m): 12:03pm On Jul 12, 2017
PapaBrowne:

Fayose and Wike were selfish and probably fell for the trap that had already been set. They didn't bring Sheriff. Sheriff presented himself to them and they fell for it. They fell for it because they were eyeing a vp seat in Aso Rock in 2019.

Sheriff has a known history as a mole that works with any government in power to scuttle the opposition. He worked with Obasanjo while he was an ANPP governor to scuttle and frustrate Buhari at all costs. He singlehandedly killed ANPP. When Jonathan was in power, he worked with him to try scuttle the new emerging APC. Tinubu was smarter and fought him tooth and nail. Now, he has attempted to do that exact same thing with the by working with the APC to scuttle the PDP.

Thank God for the supreme court, Democracy would have officially died today in Nigeria.

My brother, God bless U.

1 Like

Re: Sheriff Loses As Supreme Court Affirms Ahmed Makarfi As Authentic PDP Chairman by Timfreds(m): 12:07pm On Jul 12, 2017
But why did supreme court waited this long to deliver this judgment. I think Buhari is gone, not necessarily death.
Re: Sheriff Loses As Supreme Court Affirms Ahmed Makarfi As Authentic PDP Chairman by tifany89(m): 12:14pm On Jul 12, 2017
manlawal:

What of his recent victory in osun against APC . think b4 u talk
I think it's you that should think before u talk. Osun by-election victory has absolutely nothing to do with that Apc mole. The fact that you could even make such submission means I shouldn't waste my time schooling you. Bye
Re: Sheriff Loses As Supreme Court Affirms Ahmed Makarfi As Authentic PDP Chairman by lonecatt(m): 12:29pm On Jul 12, 2017
if thats what you call them,that is your opinion. i voted APC during the elections but the way they are turning Nigeria to a one party system is not good for democracy,if PDP can provide a rich and viable opposition i think APC will sit up and stop feeling like they are the only one in Nigeria political space.
Re: Sheriff Loses As Supreme Court Affirms Ahmed Makarfi As Authentic PDP Chairman by michaelobembe(m): 12:30pm On Jul 12, 2017
Mendelssohn:

He gets impeached na, since it was Alimodu Sheriff that secured his victory.

Oniranu Oshisko!!!
Re: Sheriff Loses As Supreme Court Affirms Ahmed Makarfi As Authentic PDP Chairman by sunsewa16: 12:33pm On Jul 12, 2017
my best news so far today,at last our great party shall bounce back to life,congratulations to myself, fayose, wike,Ben Obi, ffk,Akpabio,Enweremadu,bode George etc and shame to the fool's that use the crises issues to decamp to Apc and may God forgive sheriff and his gangs that intended destroying PDP.

2 Likes

Re: Sheriff Loses As Supreme Court Affirms Ahmed Makarfi As Authentic PDP Chairman by Justiceleague1: 12:35pm On Jul 12, 2017
Cone heads right now..
And that bitter mental from benue....

1 Like

Re: Sheriff Loses As Supreme Court Affirms Ahmed Makarfi As Authentic PDP Chairman by baby8ace(m): 12:36pm On Jul 12, 2017
Hmmmmm, every1 here is shouting victory,I wonder wat could come out from sm1 fayose and wike is supporting, quote me today dat I said dis,i am not a politician and am not a supporter of any party.
Re: Sheriff Loses As Supreme Court Affirms Ahmed Makarfi As Authentic PDP Chairman by soso22(m): 12:42pm On Jul 12, 2017
Victory at last!!! POWER TO THE PEOPLE.
Re: Sheriff Loses As Supreme Court Affirms Ahmed Makarfi As Authentic PDP Chairman by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jul 12, 2017
Mendelssohn:

He has been sworn in today, he got his CoR from INEC yesterday
Re: Sheriff Loses As Supreme Court Affirms Ahmed Makarfi As Authentic PDP Chairman by psalmsjob: 1:02pm On Jul 12, 2017
gurunlocker:
Bad news for zombies....
How are we going to have just one party in the country trying to shut other parties? Trying to kill opposition...

Chief zombie sarrki, Ngeneukwenu and co right now

It's an aberration for anyone to think that there can be a one party government in Nigeria where we the people are the government particular more so now than ever before.

PDP.igsgrin and APC are to almost all extent the same but in all honesty APC is a lesser political and economical evil compared to PDD.igs.grin The problem with APC government today is the PDP controlled Senate, if not the two Chambers, playing the role of opposition in the name of separation of powers but we all know it's mainly corruption fighting back and nothing more.

#FoodForThought: I would've still voted for Buhari if he contested under PDP against APC if GEJ was their candidate.

PDP/GEJ&CorruptionGo...JZgrin

#ForTheRecord

1 Like

Re: Sheriff Loses As Supreme Court Affirms Ahmed Makarfi As Authentic PDP Chairman by gurunlocker: 1:04pm On Jul 12, 2017
psalmsjob:

It's an aberration for anyone to think that there can be a one party government in Nigeria where we the people are the government particular more so now than ever before.

PDP.igsgrin and APC are to almost all extent the same but in all honesty APC is a lesser political and economical evil compared to PDD.igs.grin The problem with APC government today is the PDP controlled Senate, if not the two Chambers, playing the role of opposition in the name of separation of powers but we all know it's mainly corruption fighting back and nothing more.

#FoodForThought: I would've still voted for Buhari if he contested under PDP against APC if GEJ was their candidate.

PDP/GEJ&CorruptionGo...JZgrin

#ForTheRecord

Very obvious you are an upcoming zombie, no need wasting my precious time with you.

1 Like

Re: Sheriff Loses As Supreme Court Affirms Ahmed Makarfi As Authentic PDP Chairman by GENTLETEE(m): 1:39pm On Jul 12, 2017
Thank God! Shame to all Enemies of PDP! Now we can move forward take regain lost grounds!

1 Like

Re: Sheriff Loses As Supreme Court Affirms Ahmed Makarfi As Authentic PDP Chairman by lexy2014: 1:42pm On Jul 12, 2017
PapaBrowne:
Thank heavens!

I am not a fan of PDP right now, but in a democracy you need strong parties. APCs intention was to use Sheriff to kill the PDP in other for it to run a one party state. That would have been the worst thing that would happen to the country given the terrible performance they've recorded.

Victory for democracy!
I agree with u on d supreme court verdict. Nigeria needs a strong PDP in d absence of a viable opposition. But don't 4get that sheriff was sitting down in his house minding his own business.it was fayose and wike who brought sheriff 2 PDP. It was when d agreement they had with him started 2 change that their quarrel started
Re: Sheriff Loses As Supreme Court Affirms Ahmed Makarfi As Authentic PDP Chairman by Duru009(m): 1:53pm On Jul 12, 2017
APC is finished!!

GEJ is coming back in 2019!
Re: Sheriff Loses As Supreme Court Affirms Ahmed Makarfi As Authentic PDP Chairman by ajepako(f): 2:55pm On Jul 12, 2017
kinibigdeal:
With all what am reading, Nigerians still love PDP inspite of all the liars and propaganda by the master himself Lie Mohammed

Nigerians fit the Yoruba proverb: A woman only knows a better husband when she has tried two...

PDP is not the best, but several billion times better than APC

Nigerians are now like: The thieving PDP devil we know is better then the 'saintly APC angel ' we don't know..

1 Like

Re: Sheriff Loses As Supreme Court Affirms Ahmed Makarfi As Authentic PDP Chairman by bashydemy(m): 3:33pm On Jul 12, 2017
What happen to APDA? waste of money..
Re: Sheriff Loses As Supreme Court Affirms Ahmed Makarfi As Authentic PDP Chairman by chigoziem10(f): 3:51pm On Jul 12, 2017
Best news ever!! Please where is #Yarimo??
Re: Sheriff Loses As Supreme Court Affirms Ahmed Makarfi As Authentic PDP Chairman by yarimo(m): 3:52pm On Jul 12, 2017
chigoziem10:
Best news ever!!
Please where is #Yarimo??
KUDOS to BUHARI administration for making nigerians to have hope in the judiciary grin

1 Like

Re: Sheriff Loses As Supreme Court Affirms Ahmed Makarfi As Authentic PDP Chairman by omoelerin1: 3:59pm On Jul 12, 2017
PapaBrowne:
Thank heavens!

I am not a fan of PDP right now, but in a democracy you need strong parties. APCs intention was to use Sheriff to kill the PDP in other for it to run a one party state. That would have been the worst thing that would happen to the country given the terrible performance they've recorded.

Victory for democracy!
APC wants to use sherif to kill PDP? why cant you reason with your brain? even if anybody tells you that, are you so gullible to believe such nonsensical?
Re: Sheriff Loses As Supreme Court Affirms Ahmed Makarfi As Authentic PDP Chairman by kinibigdeal(m): 4:16pm On Jul 12, 2017
ajepako:

Nigerians fit the Yoruba proverb: A woman only knows a better husband when she has tried two...

PDP is not the best, but several billion times better than APC

Nigerians are now like: The thieving PDP devil we know is better then the 'saintly APC angel ' we don't know..

You are very much spot on
Re: Sheriff Loses As Supreme Court Affirms Ahmed Makarfi As Authentic PDP Chairman by xtgozie(m): 4:18pm On Jul 12, 2017
gare:
who cares, you can shove your Biafra up your ass, go to other states you claim in the south south and same call, idiots, looking for a easy way out after failing in life.

Do you guys think you all will become millionaires over night?
We won't all be millionaires but I'm sure we won't be as poor as you will be

1 Like

Re: Sheriff Loses As Supreme Court Affirms Ahmed Makarfi As Authentic PDP Chairman by barcaboi(m): 4:34pm On Jul 12, 2017
PapaBrowne:
Thank heavens!

Victory for democracy!
who nominated Sheriff outta the blue; Fayose and Wike even when FFK protested...are they APC moles? they also sacked him and got Makarfi in.....it is a PDP thing not APC.....point fingers where u see fit not outta biase

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The 12 Senators That Endorsed Fuel Price Increase / Sunday Igboho Cancel Lagos Rally Earlier Scheduled To Hold On Saturday / How Supreme Court Ruling On Imo May Affect Ganduje

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.