Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,241 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:43 AM

What Helped You Get That Job. - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Helped You Get That Job. (11243 Views)

How Has Nairaland Helped You To Get A Job? / Sample Cover Letter That Should Land You That Job / Dear Jobseekers, What's Your Pain And How Can You Be Helped? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Helped You Get That Job. by Vecharry(m): 7:29am On Jul 17, 2017
faith in mark 11:22 - 24, Jesus said u can have what u say. This thing works, worked for me cos I didn't think I did well in interview but I just stayed consistent in that spoken word

5 Likes

Re: What Helped You Get That Job. by psalmbell: 7:34am On Jul 17, 2017
Every where I had ever worked, was all work of the living God. When you are divinely favoured hardly will any office reject you. I was never invited for an aptitude test in a bank, I was encouraged by friends to go write and I was shortlisted for the job after the interview, I have the Holy Spirit helping me out, a boss was trying to prove bossy in the bank then, I resigned but I told God if it was still my job they should call me back which they did, it wasn't me at all, it wasn't my charisma, sole confidence in God, I finally resigned from the bank years back and relocated to another part of the country, just forwarded my credentials to one of the Nigerian universities, miracle happened again, I received a call to come and pick up my letter of appointment without an interview and no god father, so it wasn't me again but the finger of most High God.,, if you put your confidence in yourself, remember how many times you have failed yourself. ..wish you all the best.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Helped You Get That Job. by Nightingale99(m): 7:39am On Jul 17, 2017
-Persistence.
-Favour from God.
Re: What Helped You Get That Job. by UbChapter(m): 7:41am On Jul 17, 2017
SafetyFirst:
A cold email, and it turned out they needed somebody with HSE level 3 certification which I have. The interview was done online, and my appointment letter mailed to me.

Pls how much is the cost for the HSE course now? I mean the lowest level. I am thinking of doing one before my service.
Re: What Helped You Get That Job. by Alexbrain(m): 7:45am On Jul 17, 2017
Discovering your talents and building up your skills with be a very productive way to tackle unemployment and become an entrepreneur.
Check out this free online book that will help you with that
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/657738
http://okadabooks.com/book/about/talent__the_bomb/12751#
Re: What Helped You Get That Job. by Adamawaswt(m): 7:47am On Jul 17, 2017
I prayed to GOD.. ......when GOD gv command pple that u never see obey ......the person that stand for me.. ..first saw on the day of interview
Re: What Helped You Get That Job. by Nobody: 7:48am On Jul 17, 2017
I got my first job through connection, I found out the coy doesn't post vacancy advert
Re: What Helped You Get That Job. by alex81(m): 7:49am On Jul 17, 2017
twas just God.

Didn't know anybody, passed d aptitude test and the interview. Now here we are.

2 Likes

Re: What Helped You Get That Job. by Vecharry(m): 7:52am On Jul 17, 2017
bjhaid:
I got my first job through connection, I found out the coy doesn't post vacancy advert

thank you for your honesty

1 Like

Re: What Helped You Get That Job. by adewumiopeyemi(m): 7:54am On Jul 17, 2017
Edit dah ur numbe because of scam
JaneyBlingx:
I haven't gotten a job yet but I know I'll get one through Nairaland. I just finished from uni and I need a job before I go for service. I'm interested in any decent job that pays 30k and above in Warri. My prospective employer can reach me on 08137507951 thanks
Re: What Helped You Get That Job. by Damoxy(m): 7:55am On Jul 17, 2017
Am still a Student
Re: What Helped You Get That Job. by Nobody: 7:59am On Jul 17, 2017
UbChapter:

Pls how much is the cost for the HSE course now? I mean the lowest level. I am thinking of doing one before my service.

There are always discounted prices for corpers, your service year would be a good time to do one, but you can still do one if you're opportune, they're not that expensive, Google novelle center.

1 Like

Re: What Helped You Get That Job. by Cent91: 7:59am On Jul 17, 2017
kwaso2:
I got my first job by volunteering to work for free for an international NGO. It looks stupid but I was keen to be used by the big boys in d office......but it payed off big time

boss. good morning. please how did you go about the volunteering.
Thank you .
Re: What Helped You Get That Job. by MistaBabz: 8:01am On Jul 17, 2017
It's just God cause I can't tell how it happened I knew nobody there after the aptitude test other candidates were laid off. They invited 5 of us that passed the aptitude test for interview & eventually God did it and they called me to resume immediately
Re: What Helped You Get That Job. by judecares1(m): 8:01am On Jul 17, 2017
Good morning all,who have idea of how much these oil companies pay graduate trainee as finance officer? Pls quote me
Re: What Helped You Get That Job. by VoltageDivida(m): 8:02am On Jul 17, 2017
Am a graduate of electrical and electronics engineering waiting for service. Please if you know any company or anyone that would take me as an intern/apprentice in port-harcout, Calabar or kaduna help connect me with dem.
I don't mind if am only given stipend.
Am wasting at home right now. Thanks
Re: What Helped You Get That Job. by Jybz: 8:03am On Jul 17, 2017
Confidence
Re: What Helped You Get That Job. by Nobody: 8:06am On Jul 17, 2017
My first and current job I got through God's grace and my little effort, a firm made announcement in church about some positions on a certain Sunday after mass, I knew the pay would be poor, but I reluctantly applied, wrote some exam, interview and the interviewers were impressed, the pay is poor like I had envisaged but it's been a good year of experience, I plan to move on soon too.
Re: What Helped You Get That Job. by dotun365: 8:22am On Jul 17, 2017
God's favour helped me get my job. I had always had an interest in where I work currently then I wrote my final year project on it. I did some deeper research before attending the interview. Then the interview came and the heads of the interview panels were old students of my secondary school. It was like magic lool. I knew for a fact God wanted me there grin

1 Like

Re: What Helped You Get That Job. by qreem231(m): 8:28am On Jul 17, 2017
Currently working with the company I did my industrial training (IT) with. During IT, I showed desire to learn, showed I could work under pressure and some other qualities. I kept in touch with my supervisors after I returned to school for my final year. After I graduated, I was able to work my service year there and I got employed a month after my pop.

1 Like

Re: What Helped You Get That Job. by kenneth56: 8:29am On Jul 17, 2017
GogetterMD:
Determination

Hell yeah! I knew I had no option during the job interview, i wasn't gonna settle for less!

But what got me to the interview room? Composure! This ensured I didn't fret during the phone interview and answered the questions asked briefly and aptly.

What got me that far? Uniqueness! My CV is always the pick of the lot, always stands out in a stack of resumes. And yeah, it's self edited!

can we chat up pls.my CV haven't gotten me any where
Re: What Helped You Get That Job. by orizon(m): 8:29am On Jul 17, 2017
I just finished uni waitin for service Ave been working in a private hospital with out payment in the lab,tired though cus I have run out of cash for TP,I'm in jos anybody with any job offer,hotels, teaching,can also work in any lab,lols even a sales boy don't mind till wen I'm mobilised
Re: What Helped You Get That Job. by emsco(m): 8:30am On Jul 17, 2017
JaneyBlingx:
I haven't gotten a job yet but I know I'll get one through Nairaland. I just finished from uni and I need a job before I go for service. I'm interested in any decent job that pays 30k and above in Warri. My prospective employer should pls pm me
can you work in lagos

3 Likes

Re: What Helped You Get That Job. by JaneyBlingx(f): 8:36am On Jul 17, 2017
emsco:
can you work in lagos

I'm based in Warri.. Thanks anyways.
Re: What Helped You Get That Job. by mikkypel(m): 8:39am On Jul 17, 2017
FG notified us about Npower, the pay was 23k initially, many overlooked it, many underestimated it, i said to myself half bread is better than none.. I applied for health, wrote the online test and i was selected, did physical verification and was selected and posted

Well, the boy is still receiving the 30k steadily till next year december cuz FG said its a two year thing, my prayer is i land another job before expiration of Npower

Currently furthering for my Bsc after I finished Hnd in 2013 in one college of health laikadat

And no stopping

1 Like

Re: What Helped You Get That Job. by Cent91: 8:43am On Jul 17, 2017
emsco:
can you work in lagos
boss. yes o . I can work in Lagos. I'm based in Lagos and I'm done with Nysc. Thank you
Re: What Helped You Get That Job. by Cent91: 8:52am On Jul 17, 2017
Hello Nairaland. Please I have great interest in the NGOs. How do I apply as a volunteer. Thank you.
Re: What Helped You Get That Job. by ukeme200(m): 8:56am On Jul 17, 2017
GogetterMD:
Determination

Hell yeah! I knew I had no option during the job interview, i wasn't gonna settle for less!

But what got me to the interview room? Composure! This ensured I didn't fret during the phone interview and answered the questions asked briefly and aptly.

What got me that far? Uniqueness! My CV is always the pick of the lot, always stands out in a stack of resumes. And yeah, it's self edited!
boss please, I need a copy of your CV. Kindly do a brother this favour. Thanks .my email is akpanukeme200@yahoo.com
Re: What Helped You Get That Job. by breakeven: 8:57am On Jul 17, 2017
God did it for me. Yes God is still in the business of favo7ring his children.
Re: What Helped You Get That Job. by registration(m): 9:12am On Jul 17, 2017
Shout-out to Debbie and Eremy on the Jobs/vacancy segment, the duo have been doing wonderfully well. And are still doing well.

I actually got my present Job from one of Eremy post.

Thanks Mr. Eremy... God will continue to perfect everything concerning you.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Helped You Get That Job. by ehix89(m): 9:13am On Jul 17, 2017
GogetterMD:
Determination

Bros please can you help out with a sample of your CV, kindly put a smile on the face of a brother still on the streetgrin......ehik4all@gmail.com
Re: What Helped You Get That Job. by Nobody: 9:22am On Jul 17, 2017
Shout-out to Debbie and Eremy on the Jobs/vacancy segment, the duo have been doing wonderfully well. And are still doing well.

I actually got my present Job from one of Eremy post.

Thanks Mr. Eremy... God will continue to perfect everything concerning you.

Eremy is a real MVP.

You can imagine my disappointment when I realized she's a guy. I'm still gonna try my luck though shocked undecided cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

(help About Shell Appointment Letter) / Which One Is Good? Daily Pay Or Monthly Pay? / This Is The Latest Ponzi Scheme Going On Right Now, Please Beware

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.