Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,455 members, 7,823,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:06 PM

Are Igbos Really 'Special Brothers' With The Delta Ethnicities? If So, How? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are Igbos Really 'Special Brothers' With The Delta Ethnicities? If So, How? (8729 Views)

Court Declares Prince Ned Nwoko Winner Of The Delta North PDP Primary Election / Rumble In The Delta? I Didn’t Nominate Peter Obi, Says Wike / Do Igbos Really Come From Nigeria ? This Old Map Says Otherwise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Igbos Really 'Special Brothers' With The Delta Ethnicities? If So, How? by Markfemi2: 2:06am On Jul 13, 2017
cumbak60:

Treachery is encoded in your dna, so its not new. You and likes, I mean your tribe, don't fail to disappoint. Treachery is cultural where you're coming from.

Treachery is when ojuku told France to pay funds of niger delta oil to enugu

S where will the capital of Biafra be with ND?

9 Likes

Re: Are Igbos Really 'Special Brothers' With The Delta Ethnicities? If So, How? by cumbak60: 2:12am On Jul 13, 2017
Markfemi2:

Finally. You've revealed your intention. Uninvited tombo fly. Troll.

12 Likes

Re: Are Igbos Really 'Special Brothers' With The Delta Ethnicities? If So, How? by cumbak60: 2:13am On Jul 13, 2017
Markfemi2:

Yoruba man, you are correct. You know more than us. Happy now undecided

3 Likes

Re: Are Igbos Really 'Special Brothers' With The Delta Ethnicities? If So, How? by Markfemi2: 2:20am On Jul 13, 2017
Ethnic map of Nigeria for the uneducated

1 Like

Re: Are Igbos Really 'Special Brothers' With The Delta Ethnicities? If So, How? by naijaking1: 3:40am On Jul 13, 2017
Rossikki:
I keep hearing Biafra proponents of Igbo extraction claiming to be ''specially related'' to the Niger Delta people.

I then began to conduct research into the alleged genetic or filial 'brotherhood' between both regions.

So far, I've been unable to come up with any special features that make Igbos 'closer' to Efiks, Ogonis, and Ijaws, than to say, Binis or Yorubas. In fact, during the course of my research, I found numerous examples of linguistic similarities between Igbo and Yoruba, over and above any other ethnic groups in Nigeria. Igbos marry far more Yorubas than they marry south-southerners.

So please, on what basis do Igbos claim to be ''special brothers'' with the south-south?

To the point that they are almost forcing them to join their new country?

Insisting that they must join.

It's a real mystery to me, this love and comradeship Igbos have for the south-southerners, to the exclusion of every other ethnic group in the country.

A real case of Love Nwantiti.

Please, can somebody explain the mystery to me?

This write up has drawn me back into writing for N/L after vowing not to do so again, because a rather respectable academic and historical buff has drunk too much of this tribal cool aid, and appears intoxicated with prejudice rather than facts.
1. As a historian, Rossikki, you're in the best position to know that the so called SS is contraption started less than 40 years ago, before than, they were Igbos, Ijaws, Efiks, Ogonis inhabiting the area. In fact, before PH became a full division and province of the eastern region, it was ruled under and from Owerri division, a fact you know too well.
2. In what anthropological book did you read that people who have lived side by side with each other for ages are less related than another group separated by great distances. Modern marriages augmented by motor vehicular and airplane travels doesn't replace historical people traversing rivers, mountains, or other separating features to consummate marriages and relationships.
3. Igbo bu Igbo doesn't beg to be related to anybody, including some back stabbing, lazy, and jealous neighbors, in fact Igbo lives are better without those parasites.
4. Even if you come down from your academic pedestal into our tribal mud bath, you should at least say the facts.

13 Likes

Re: Are Igbos Really 'Special Brothers' With The Delta Ethnicities? If So, How? by greenmonk: 5:30am On Jul 13, 2017
cumbak60:

South South is not an ethnic group. The group you listed is far from been related to Igbos in any way, and Igbos have never claimed them, except you are trying to be mischievous. These are the few groups that are related to the Igbos, Ikwerre, Etche, Anioma, Asa/Ndoki etc. Google is your friend cool. However, Igbos are not after any oil, as some part of S'East are endowed with oil already. Besides, oil is soon going to run out of value... Igbos are only interested in their Igboid brothers down S'South should the country split.
So the yoruba blood in benin republic should return to nigeria. Who tested the blood in niger delta to confirm they are igboid?
When did you consult the SS to agitate for one country with u or you want them to exchange one form of slavery for another more oppressive and humiliating?
Or your culture is to carry a lady from the highway because you want to marry her? In my own culture we call such an action abduction and that goes to show the level of respect you have for the SS and the difference between the SS and SE.

9 Likes

Re: Are Igbos Really 'Special Brothers' With The Delta Ethnicities? If So, How? by chimeee: 6:11am On Jul 13, 2017
Ever8054:
the Igbo's forced relationship with south south is born out of crude oil....if the crude oil dries in south south, and crude oil is found in Maiduguri, the Igbo's will claim they and northerners are one...and again you will agree with me that Igbo's has this dominant and oppress,and that is not happening with the hausa / Yoruba not giving them such space,so they are looking for a country were they will be majority to dominate and oppress,.. there Yoruba speaking people in Benin republic, but the Yorubas are not forcing them to form a country with them..there also Hausa speaking people in Ghana but I have not seen or read where the housas claiming "one blood with".. honestly those people wahala tire me...
some element are funny, history has shown that igbos have not for one day depend on the oil to earn a living and yet they are doing wonderfully well, how many igbo own oil well in niger Delta and see how far they have gone In wealth creation, it's some element that create some negative ideas in the mind of niger deltan, that igbo has ulterior motives where as this elements are the one already collaborating with their masters to milk ss dry and destroy the fertility of their land at the process, average igbo man is not afraid of restructuring even if each region have to control their resources 100% since it will enable the ss to build the sea port and international air port will be build in our region that is what we need mostly, when ss say they want to control their resources 100% u are one of those that will cry about it yet u are accusing igbo of only wanting the oil in ss, it's ironical. igbo always have the spirit of competition, they only want to compete globally in all aspects of life with best of countries in the whole world, the only need a country that will enable them do that.

7 Likes

Re: Are Igbos Really 'Special Brothers' With The Delta Ethnicities? If So, How? by attackgat: 6:31am On Jul 13, 2017
Markfemi2:

Old eastern region is a British creation and expired 2014

So did Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Are Igbos Really 'Special Brothers' With The Delta Ethnicities? If So, How? by Markfemi2: 6:31am On Jul 13, 2017
attackgat:

So did Nigeria

Exactly so everyone will decide where they want to go

2 Likes

Re: Are Igbos Really 'Special Brothers' With The Delta Ethnicities? If So, How? by attackgat: 6:34am On Jul 13, 2017
Markfemi2:

Exactly so everyone will decide where they want to go

Thats why the Biafran agitators are all calling for referendum

5 Likes

Re: Are Igbos Really 'Special Brothers' With The Delta Ethnicities? If So, How? by Markfemi2: 6:34am On Jul 13, 2017
chimeee:
some element are funny, history has shown that igbos have not for one day depend on the oil to earn a living and yet they are doing wonderfully well, how many igbo own oil well in niger Delta and see how far they have gone In wealth creation, it's some element that create some negative ideas in the mind of niger deltan, that igbo has ulterior motives where as this elements are the one already collaborating with their masters to milk ss dry and destroy the fertility of their land at the process, average igbo man is not afraid of restructuring even if each region have to control their resources 100% since it will enable the ss to build the sea port and international air port will be build in our region that is what we need mostly, when ss say they want to control their resources 100% u are one of those that will cry about it yet u are accusing igbo of only wanting the oil in ss, it's ironical. igbo always have the spirit of competition, they only want to compete globally in all aspects of life with best of countries in the whole world, the only need a country that will enable them do that.

Uncle
There's a full functioning airport in Enugu and rivers but igbos won't use
There's sea port in rivers but you won't use

Anytime igbo is losing in competition that's when they start to cry baby and blame others or say field is not levelled lol

Did your ebonyi governor not just say no restructuring and secession
http://dailypost.ng/2017/06/29/ebonyi-biafra-restructuring-governor-umahi/

Igbo do long transport business and no one is bothered
But so far you lose you start to cry

5 Likes

Re: Are Igbos Really 'Special Brothers' With The Delta Ethnicities? If So, How? by Markfemi2: 6:37am On Jul 13, 2017
attackgat:

Thats why the Biafran agitators are all calling for referendum

5 Se states can request for one excluding onitsha as it Benin

4 Likes

Re: Are Igbos Really 'Special Brothers' With The Delta Ethnicities? If So, How? by Nobody: 6:46am On Jul 13, 2017
Igbo amaka smiley

8 Likes

Re: Are Igbos Really 'Special Brothers' With The Delta Ethnicities? If So, How? by Nobody: 6:47am On Jul 13, 2017
Markfemi2:

We also need to include Lagos as it is Igbo

6 Likes

Re: Are Igbos Really 'Special Brothers' With The Delta Ethnicities? If So, How? by tifany89(m): 6:58am On Jul 13, 2017
Nwadiuto247:

Infact Igbos are the reason why Ogoni people are killing themselves like chicken everyday.
Igbos are the reason why Omoku people are beheading themselves everyday.
Igbos are the reason why cultists are beheading themselves almost everyday now in some communities in Rivers state.
Igbos are the reason why Amechi and Wike are fighting themselves dirty everyday. (two Ikwerre brothers)
Igbos are the reason why APC and PDP in Rivers state have refused to move on two years after the election. They keep fighting each other endlessly even when other states have moved on.

If Igbos are interested in oil as these mischievous people are saying it -why will Igbos buy 70 percent of landed properties in northern states to build houses and offices? Do those northern states have oil?? I really pity these agents of hate because they are the ones losing while we keep moving ahead. Igbos have houses and businesses in some parts of yorubaland that do not have oil yet people here shamelessly want to propagate lies that we are after oil. Which oil? What a shame to those liars.
There is brain in your skull. Thumbs up man

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Igbos Really 'Special Brothers' With The Delta Ethnicities? If So, How? by Markfemi2: 6:58am On Jul 13, 2017
quid:

We also need to include Lagos as it is Igbo

Come and take it lol
Re: Are Igbos Really 'Special Brothers' With The Delta Ethnicities? If So, How? by Nobody: 7:00am On Jul 13, 2017
Markfemi2:

Come and take it lol
After you take Onitsha

5 Likes

Re: Are Igbos Really 'Special Brothers' With The Delta Ethnicities? If So, How? by Nobody: 7:01am On Jul 13, 2017
Ever8054:
why do u people hate it when someone tells you the truth about your struggle?..

Which truth? The guy just told you that they(Igbo) want to compete with Germans and Japanese who are top economies but without oil and you are busy talking about oil. We know the people who contend for every barrel of oil in Nigeria and they are not Igbos. Why do you bring your perceived susceptibility as facts? And I am sure you are not from South south, so why do you cry more than the perceived bereaved? Why are you showing them so much sympathy about their oil and seaport. Why do you so much care for their oil if not the fear that you won't be able to survive if they go their ways with the Igbos. So my friend, Igbos are not your problem and don't pity the south south as though you care, cos we know you don't!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Igbos Really 'Special Brothers' With The Delta Ethnicities? If So, How? by Markfemi2: 7:04am On Jul 13, 2017
quid:

After you take Onitsha

Yoruba has no interest in that dirty stinky city that has been declared the dirtiest place in the world which describes the Igbo race in summary
Dirty disgusting noisy tribe

https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2017/feb/13/polluted-onitsha-nigeria-perpetual-dust-city-world-worst-air

Re: Are Igbos Really 'Special Brothers' With The Delta Ethnicities? If So, How? by Nobody: 7:07am On Jul 13, 2017
Markfemi2:

Yoruba has no interest in that dirty stinky city that has been declared the dirtiest place in the world which describes the Igbo race in summary
Dirty disgusting noisy tribe

https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2017/feb/13/polluted-onitsha-nigeria-perpetual-dust-city-world-worst-air
~yawns~
Then face your region and stop masturbating over everything Igbo

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are Igbos Really 'Special Brothers' With The Delta Ethnicities? If So, How? by attackgat: 7:09am On Jul 13, 2017
Markfemi2:

Why should Biafra be 5 states? dont you realise that the last Biafra was the entire Eastern Region? Do you know that the final president of Biafra was phlip Effiong, an Annang man?

Biafra has nothing to do with states, it has everything to do with tribes

4 Likes

Re: Are Igbos Really 'Special Brothers' With The Delta Ethnicities? If So, How? by Nobody: 7:10am On Jul 13, 2017
Markfemi2:
Igbo will do anything for niger delta to join then
Even if delta citizens shit on their face
Slap then 1m times
Because they need sea and oil they will come back
They are your dogs niger delta
Use them anyhow
Why not face your tormentors who have made you what you are today. Igbos are not your problem. The South south never told you they need an advocate

2 Likes

Re: Are Igbos Really 'Special Brothers' With The Delta Ethnicities? If So, How? by perez100: 7:11am On Jul 13, 2017
There are many ethnic groups in South-south of which you see Igbo there. So, which tribe own South-south? Igbo may even be the majority in South-south. Now, what's your argument?
Re: Are Igbos Really 'Special Brothers' With The Delta Ethnicities? If So, How? by Markfemi2: 7:21am On Jul 13, 2017
Shayetet13:

Why not face your tormentors who have made you what you are today. Igbos are not your problem. The South south never told you they need an advocate

SW not your problem
Did we do Ibadan declaration? No
Did we say no to south east commission No

1 Like

Re: Are Igbos Really 'Special Brothers' With The Delta Ethnicities? If So, How? by Philistine(m): 7:44am On Jul 13, 2017
Amarabae:
What a question. Mr man, south south is multiethnical, many ethnic groups are in it.
I am an Asa indigene in present day Oyigbo lga of Rivers state and yes we are Igbos.
Why is the truth a taboo in Nigeria?
Shouting u are from ASA community in Rivers state is becoming boring, you have said it so many times in this forum, I am beginning to doubt the truth in it.

1 Like

Re: Are Igbos Really 'Special Brothers' With The Delta Ethnicities? If So, How? by Nobody: 7:49am On Jul 13, 2017
Philistine:

Shouting u are from ASA community in Rivers state is becoming boring, you have said it so many times in this forum, I am beginning to doubt the truth in it.
Stop doubting and support Biafra

10 Likes

Re: Are Igbos Really 'Special Brothers' With The Delta Ethnicities? If So, How? by Sapiosexuality(m): 8:29am On Jul 13, 2017
Research indeed! I thought this dude was a Patriot but gradually he's showing his hands. The same dude who argued that in 2050, Nigeria could be the world power. Lolol.

2 Likes

Re: Are Igbos Really 'Special Brothers' With The Delta Ethnicities? If So, How? by chimeee: 8:34am On Jul 13, 2017
Markfemi2:

Uncle
There's a full functioning airport in Enugu and rivers but igbos won't use
There's sea port in rivers but you won't use

Anytime igbo is losing in competition that's when they start to cry baby and blame others or say field is not levelled lol

Did your ebonyi governor not just say no restructuring and secession
http://dailypost.ng/2017/06/29/ebonyi-biafra-restructuring-governor-umahi/

Igbo do long transport business and no one is bothered
But so far you lose you start to cry
thank God u said he is governor, those set of criminals are not needed in this new revolution movement, we are not known for backwardness ,is it a taboo for each state to have air port and even rail road connecting every state, is only a fool that do the samething all the time and expect different result.
Re: Are Igbos Really 'Special Brothers' With The Delta Ethnicities? If So, How? by Abagworo(m): 8:37am On Jul 13, 2017
I won't write about other South-south States but Rivers State that I know very well. If a paternity DNA test is conducted in Rivers State one will trace at least 50% Igbo in all ethnic groups apart from Ogoni. A maternity test will yield at least 70% apart from Ogoni. So in a nutshell apart from Ogoni, all other ethnic groups in Rivers State are related to Igbo by blood be it Kalabari, Okrika, Ekpeye, Ikwerre, Etche, Abua, Odual, Andoni, Degema, Ogba, Ndoni, Engenni, Ibani, Eleme etc.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Igbos Really 'Special Brothers' With The Delta Ethnicities? If So, How? by Amarabae(f): 8:38am On Jul 13, 2017
Philistine:

, I am beginning to doubt the truth in it.
its none of your business.
I will continue to shout it, it is paining you, so be it.
Face your ile-ife.
The divide and conquer you people planted in Igbo land must be destroyed..
My Asa people in Oyigbo lga remain proudly Igbo.
Same with Ndoki people.
#PEPPER_THEM

11 Likes

Re: Are Igbos Really 'Special Brothers' With The Delta Ethnicities? If So, How? by hammerF: 8:41am On Jul 13, 2017
Rossikki:
I keep hearing Biafra proponents of Igbo extraction claiming to be ''specially related'' to the Niger Delta people.

I then began to conduct research into the alleged genetic or filial 'brotherhood' between both regions.

So far, I've been unable to come up with any special features that make Igbos 'closer' to Efiks, Ogonis, and Ijaws, than to say, Binis or Yorubas. In fact, during the course of my research, I found numerous examples of linguistic similarities between Igbo and Yoruba, over and above any other ethnic groups in Nigeria. Igbos marry far more Yorubas than they marry south-southerners.

So please, on what basis do Igbos claim to be ''special brothers'' with the south-south?

To the point that they are almost forcing them to join their new country?

Insisting that they must join.

It's a real mystery to me, this love and comradeship Igbos have for the south-southerners, to the exclusion of every other ethnic group in the country.

A real case of Love Nwantiti.

Please, can somebody explain the mystery to me?

Point of correction, Yoruba men marry Igbo women, due to the accident of Lagos.

Technically, Igbo women belong to the SS/SE men.

I hope, i clarified that for u. Thankz!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Igbos Really 'Special Brothers' With The Delta Ethnicities? If So, How? by hammerF: 8:44am On Jul 13, 2017
Rossikki:Wen did Yorube men even start this their Igbo marriage?

Majority started with rape during the Biafra War in the late 1960s.

Marriage with Yoruba is a 1990s/2000s things.

Meanwhile the SS/SE have centuries of inter-marriages dating back a thousand years.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

This Is How A Leader Speaks With Pride About His Nation At The UN / Boko Haram Not Totally Defeated – Femi Adesina / Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.