Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary (44517 Views)

65-Year-Old Woman, Enakimio, Graduates From Covenant University With Masters / Pastor Adeyemi's Daughter Graduates With Masters Degree In Law In US / Onoriode Aziza Has 3 First Class In Law From OAU, Law School & Cambridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jul 15, 2017
idu1:
which is it?

Nursing??
I laff in spanish.
How much do you think all these private hospitals in naija pay?
Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jul 15, 2017
DALE917:
Lol
Thank God for my course
The starting salary is 110k

Lol
Maybe that was the orientation you wer given before geting the admission.
The real world has no chills.
Ask private hospitals around hw much they pay nurses
Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by Akinwale14(m): 3:49pm On Jul 15, 2017
Even if u school in heaven and u no get mouth and collection,, no job for u,na naija we dey,becos she school for Uk mean nothing,, make she go find job for UK nah
Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by lincs25(m): 3:50pm On Jul 15, 2017
DALE917:
Lol
Thank God for my course
No course in Nigeria that has a fixed starting salary, it is negotiable. If you were lucky they start you with 110k don't feel as if your course has a fixed starting amount.
Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by Mofpearl: 3:50pm On Jul 15, 2017
idu1:
OK you are nursing student. No one ll pay you 110k.

Fresh graduate of general nursing salary is 50-70k in private hospitals.

For real?
Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by Chykes403: 3:51pm On Jul 15, 2017
Nikbaebrown:
Since She Studied In The UK, Then What Stops Her From Getting A Job There

I wonder o
Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by Stallione(m): 3:52pm On Jul 15, 2017
DALE917:
Lol Thank God for my course The starting salary is 110k
U work as a federal nurse right?
Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by morisnewrain(m): 3:52pm On Jul 15, 2017
feranmi400:
Twitter user @OgbeniDipo disclosed this on his handle as he expressed his anger at the poor salary being offered to some Nigerian graduates by some employees.

Source: http://www.flexygist.net/2017/07/14/nigerian-lady-with-masters-in-law-from-a-uk-university-offered-n35k-as-salary/

cc; lalasticlala
That is common salary to many trainees. If you work with a law firm, accounting firm that has not been in the same category with Akintola Deliote, KPMG and the rest, you would be offered highest, 50k. If you will believe, the famous Femi Falana chamber pays 45/50k to new lawyers in his chamber. Many accounting firms would say you are a trainee, you needs to build career first before you make money.
Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by OshoOO(m): 3:53pm On Jul 15, 2017
Unfortunately legal practice particularly in Nigeria of today don't celebrate certificate or institution attended. What determines your pay is what you can offer.

Of what benefit is your Masters Degree in Maritime law from UK, if you can't draft a good pleading or conduct a trial in a maritime case.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by Chykes403: 3:53pm On Jul 15, 2017
Akinwale14:
Even if u school in heaven and u no get mouth and collection,, no job for u,na naija we dey,becos she school for Uk mean nothing,, make she go find job for UK nah

Oga it is CONNECTION, not collection grin grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by MadCow1: 3:55pm On Jul 15, 2017
After my Salary finished 2 days after pay day, I made up my mind to never work again. grin

Gone are the days when Salary jobs could help a person build a good life. Masters Degree is all over the streets now my dear. Even PhD sef don dey plenty.

The number of Companies that pay well are not many. After the Oil Companies and Banks, maybe Telecoms but that's it. The rest all operate a salary scale ranging from 20k - 250K.. Even at 250K, that wanna money?

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by gamechanger1: 3:56pm On Jul 15, 2017
funlord:

A bottle of black label, 1 vodka, a few cokes and a few plates of chicken wings at a standard club on a friday night na him be person salary for 30 days of hard labour?

Naija I hail! undecided
Guy you dey enter town Wella, we suppose do one one one of these days
Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by CosmeticChemist(m): 3:58pm On Jul 15, 2017
DALE917:
what course is that ?..
Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by Akinwale14(m): 3:59pm On Jul 15, 2017
Chykes403:

Oga it is CONNECTION, not collection grin grin cheesy
thanks for d correction
Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by 234GT(m): 4:00pm On Jul 15, 2017
Let her get the job and move on when something better comes up. She won't be tied there.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by kwaso2: 4:00pm On Jul 15, 2017
DALE917:
Lol
Thank God for my course
Are u sure? As a Nurse, wish for a Govt job or u might be searching for that 35k sef
Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by micflo28(m): 4:02pm On Jul 15, 2017
tosyne2much:
This salary weak me oooo

This is the salary they offer you when your village people get your phone number cheesy
. lol .. grin cheesy rather when they have your employers number tongue
Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by ShakurM(m): 4:02pm On Jul 15, 2017
queenfav:
Lol.. I feel for those paying for LL. M abroad. Law firms don't give a damn about that, totally useless in legal practice! What they care about is how strong your trial advocacy and drafting skills are. If you like get Havard LL. M, the average law firm's Principal won't be rolling out a red carpet for you.Even if i feel like doing masters, it won't be in law. Market when no get gain, dem no dey invest put na? In my opinion, legal career in Nigeria takes a lot of blood, sweat and years of being the underdog. I don't have that patience, that was why i started a business. I am just counting down to the end of this year when i would dump my wig and gown, then face my business. Like falz said "no regrets, na this one pay pass!" My mum would only cry and cry, that i want to be selling hair full time.. I will point her in the direction of celebs who never saw a court room and are doing very well. The passion to practice law started dying when i was job hunting.. Asked myself, how can i give 7 years of my life to something and i can't be sure of a decent paycheck of at least 100k?Ejoor, i like the baby girl lifestyle, i cannot come and go and die of poverty onto lawyer work !
Omo to gbon
Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jul 15, 2017
bigtt76:
So because she schooled in UK she automatically should be given a blank check as salary? Haba she must earn am naaaa angry
Nop just to let u know dat schooling in UK does not guarantee u good job
Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by salveoP(m): 4:05pm On Jul 15, 2017
DALE917:
lol... Medically related?
Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by Jabioro: 4:06pm On Jul 15, 2017
She study her master degree in London that doesn't make her better than having your home master degree.. is it because she obtained her cerbu offshore therefore she is new to our terrains..

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by tosyne2much(m): 4:06pm On Jul 15, 2017
micflo28:
. lol .. grin cheesy rather when they have your employers number tongue
You sef don get am baba cheesy
Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by georgeify(m): 4:10pm On Jul 15, 2017
MrBrownJay1:
ARRANT NONSENSE!!!
Each and every employer has the RIGHt to decide what they will offer their employees... And if that UK Master holder doesn't like it then she should go apply for ANOTHER JOB.

The reality is that A) There are many people in Nigeria who will accept this job, B) there are many Locally graduated lawyers who will PERFECTLY do the job required and C) just because someone has a UK master does NOT mean they would do a better job or should receive a better salary.

The top graduated lawyer of any 9ja establishment would be way better than some 50/50 UK master holder

You are an idiot
Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jul 15, 2017
martyns303:

Because you expected to leave the UK soon as u r done with ur studies, unlike the US and Canada.

Nigerians need to understand that tartiary is not the only way of education or how to get employed. I know of someone taking home N1.2m per month salary without ever seen the corridor of a university.
Blood of nebucadineze

Are u 4real?
Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by phineas: 4:14pm On Jul 15, 2017
They forget to add in addition to the 25 thousand monthly.most Legal firms pay large bonuses 2-4 times a year in millions to their staff.Some even buy properties for staff. (Cars and houses) as bonuses.Law in Nigeria is not for the salary,but experience ,bonuses and money from private practice

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by Komeandbegoin: 4:14pm On Jul 15, 2017
bigtt76:
So because she schooled in UK she automatically should be given a blank check as salary? Haba she must earn am naaaa angry
sounds degrading
Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by Boscolo: 4:26pm On Jul 15, 2017
MrBrownJay1:
ARRANT NONSENSE!!!
Each and every employer has the RIGHt to decide what they will offer their employees... And if that UK Master holder doesn't like it then she should go apply for ANOTHER JOB.

The reality is that A) There are many people in Nigeria who will accept this job, B) there are many Locally graduated lawyers who will PERFECTLY do the job required and C) just because someone has a UK master does NOT mean they would do a better job or should receive a better salary.

The top graduated lawyer of any 9ja establishment would be way better than some 50/50 UK master holder

Is not like that bro, the truth is that most employers are using the unemployment situation in the country to 'milk' the youth. It's so painful that there is no labour law in Nigeria so any body can do whatever he or she wants because he/she is an employer. We should know that there are private employers in other countries but they abide with the laws of labour and won't pay 'shit' to pple, but in Nigeria anything goes, the worst part is that fellow Nigerians ll be the one saying that; he owns his job and he can do whatever he wants ...what!!!!

The day I know that Nigeria is 'sick' was when a friend with HND, BEng (UK), Msc (UK) , CCNA. applied for a lecturing job in a private Polytechnic he was offered N30k. So, my dear what ll you say about that ...

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by Emmyogbu: 4:27pm On Jul 15, 2017
DALE917:
Lol
Thank God for my course

pls what course is dat, tell me dat course n I will tell u dat u can work after studying dat same course n work as a volunteer with no pay
Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by toye440: 4:30pm On Jul 15, 2017
You no even thank God say she get, u think say education na investment today, go ask wizkid with im 44 C.Os and a blessed GP of 1.11 but still balling, thanks to what was locked up on his inside that manifested on time.
Abeg should ur sis no like d offer, I no mind get d employers address.
Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by Elnida: 4:31pm On Jul 15, 2017
DALE917:
Lol
Thank God for my course

really?
only when U are offered peanuts to sell drugs in one chemist, after graduating as a nurse,only then ur eye go clear.

comparing the pedigree of Law to nursing? no disrespect shaa.
all same good luck with ur 200L exams. cool
Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:44pm On Jul 15, 2017
Boscolo:

Is not like that bro, the truth is that most employers are using the unemployment situation in the country to 'milk' the youth. It's so painful that there is no labour law in Nigeria so any body can do whatever he or she wants because he/she is an employer. We should know that there are private employers in other countries but they abide with the laws of labour and won't pay 'shit' to pple, but in Nigeria anything goes, the worst part is that fellow Nigerians ll be the one saying that; he owns his job and he can do whatever he wants ...what!!!!

The day I know that Nigeria is 'sick' was when a friend with HND, BEng (UK), Msc (UK) , CCNA. applied for a lecturing job in a private Polytechnic he was offered N30k. So, my dear what ll you say about that ...

You are making it seem like someone is forcing you to apply for these BS low paying jobs?! AGAIN, the fact that some desperate educated people would accept these jobs is an indication that these employers are just adapting to the market. If there was a drought in educAted people then these same company would offer better salaries to attract people to fill their positions.

You are making it seem like this is only happening in Nigeria... Go to France and see how desperate Uni leavers with diplomas in hand are fighting to even get a supermarket job OR how employers can hire cheaper east European educated employees who would accept a lower salary.

BUT the lowest of the low are these JOB AUCTION, where an employer advertise a position in their company and each candidate should say how much they are willing to receive for that position. The qualified person with the lowest bid (aka most desperate) gets the job.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

New Theatre Arts Students Of UNICAL Had Their Induction (Photos) / University Of Maiduguri Student Removes Shoes To Enter Lecturer's Office / How I Survived Last Semester” – University Student Hides Soup Inside Toothpaste

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.