Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,661 members, 7,809,501 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:37 AM

Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary (44506 Views)

65-Year-Old Woman, Enakimio, Graduates From Covenant University With Masters / Pastor Adeyemi's Daughter Graduates With Masters Degree In Law In US / Onoriode Aziza Has 3 First Class In Law From OAU, Law School & Cambridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by InvertedHammer: 4:49pm On Jul 15, 2017
No harm. She should keep looking. But it seems that she has a sense of entitlement. She should know that lawyers or masters degree from UK are a dime a dozen. The essence of traveling abroad should be to stay ahead of the game. My advice for her would be to start a law firm (even if it is a quasi one in a home office) and providence may smile her way.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by Ejomax77(m): 4:50pm On Jul 15, 2017
Nah wah o...
Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by nkemjacob2(m): 4:54pm On Jul 15, 2017
Lol. What is the different between a graduate who studies din Nigeria wen he is paid 15k and dis oyibo lawyers. Mtcheeew.
Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by KingGBsky(m): 4:57pm On Jul 15, 2017
MrBrownJay1:
ARRANT NONSENSE!!!
Each and every employer has the RIGHt to decide what they will offer their employees... And if that UK Master holder doesn't like it then she should go apply for ANOTHER JOB.

The reality is that A) There are many people in Nigeria who will accept this job, B) there are many Locally graduated lawyers who will PERFECTLY do the job required and C) just because someone has a UK master does NOT mean they would do a better job or should receive a better salary.

The top graduated lawyer of any 9ja establishment would be way better than some 50/50 UK master holder

You get sense at all?
In this present state of the economy?
Do you have any idea what happens in this nation?
Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by KingGBsky(m): 4:59pm On Jul 15, 2017
This country weak me. Infact let's all go into farming
Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jul 15, 2017
So who forced her to go and study in the UK? Arrant nonsense
Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by Adeevah(m): 5:01pm On Jul 15, 2017
Why not employ her yourself then?

Let her start from somewhere and stop the cry jor
Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by godquality: 5:01pm On Jul 15, 2017
bigtt76:
So because she schooled in UK she automatically should be given a blank check as salary? Haba she must earn am naaaa angry
But 35k? Guy check am out na. Even if that person earning that amount is living in a house free and eating free. That money won't last a month.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by iRepNaija1: 5:03pm On Jul 15, 2017
bigtt76:
So because she schooled in UK she automatically should be given a blank check as salary? Haba she must earn am naaaa angry

No. We are told from a young age that education is the key to success, that if we study hard enough, we will reap the rewards. This OP's sister schooled for eight years so she could be paid a certain amount of money. If she's does all this schooling just to earn 35k, then what's the point? Why would any young person stay in Nigeria for a low-paying job when other countries are offering better? We need to keep our young and intelligent people in the country because these old men leaders ain't doing ish to make things better. No one is talking about a blank check either but 35k is unacceptable, especially with how weak the naira is.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by vislabraye(m): 5:05pm On Jul 15, 2017
martyns303:

Because you expected to leave the UK soon as u r done with ur studies, unlike the US and Canada.

Nigerians need to understand that tartiary is not the only way of education or how to get employed. I know of someone taking home N1.2m per month salary without ever seen the corridor of a university. And may I add he's barely 27.

What sort of job/hustle does he do ?
Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by chaiks: 5:10pm On Jul 15, 2017
this is bad.what I'll the person do with with 30k?its not a crime to get foreign education,UK of all places.I fault the idea of coming back to Nigeria immediately. let her quickly initiate a PhD to immigrant friendly countries like Australia, new Zealand, Sweden,Canada,Norway,etc.at least the money you I'll be paid in d course of part time job or PhD stipend if you get scholarship I'll quadruple that useless 30k.just find a way to leave immediately for further studies.you can as well do certification program in needed courses in those countries and then get your permanent residency.it I'll pan out well .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by bigtt76(f): 5:11pm On Jul 15, 2017
I'm not saying 35k is good enough but the OP thinks, yes because she schooled in the UK, she automatically deserved to be paid exorbitantly! What of those that schooled in Naija and earning less nko? Dem nor deserve more? The should stop playing that foreign degree card. Let her stay in the UK and practice so she earn what she's worth.

godquality:
But 35k? Guy check am out na. Even if that person earning that amount is living in a house free and eating free. That money won't last a month.
Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by Priest69(m): 5:16pm On Jul 15, 2017
MrBrownJay1:
ARRANT NONSENSE!!!
Each and every employer has the RIGHt to decide what they will offer their employees... And if that UK Master holder doesn't like it then she should go apply for ANOTHER JOB.

The reality is that A) There are many people in Nigeria who will accept this job, B) there are many Locally graduated lawyers who will PERFECTLY do the job required and C) just because someone has a UK master does NOT mean they would do a better job or should receive a better salary.

The top graduated lawyer of any 9ja establishment would be way better than some 50/50 UK master holder
You've made your point, seriously, who can survive on 35k monthly? How can u compare out depleted university certificate with that of uk? Pls be honest in your views and opinios

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jul 15, 2017
bodejohn:
No one should despise the days of humble beginnigs...

I can remember how I started out as a teacher with 3k salary after graduation in year 2000. With God...Hardwork, luck and Perseverance...I pay more than that 35k in a month as tax only...

It is not a crime to start small but it is to remain small...
wow,thank God for u,pls send me a recharge card of 1k ,i want to subscribe for mtn data,to enable me search job online,God bless u as u do so,08064357013
Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by YelloweWest: 5:22pm On Jul 15, 2017
DALE917:
Lol
Thank God for my course
The starting salary is 110k
Pls which course is that?
Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by JoNach: 5:26pm On Jul 15, 2017
MrBrownJay1:
ARRANT NONSENSE!!!

Sorry o,U sound a bit jealous and obviously u did not school abroad , why d rage? Imagine shes your daughter after paying so much for her in school, what will you advice her? Pls reply

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by sekem: 5:29pm On Jul 15, 2017
bigtt76:

Yes Naa

Is that not what her certificate is supposed to do?

Most especially, a UK branded certificate cool shocked shocked

I'm sure the said lady is now beginning to understand that certificate, whether local or international, without the right skills is as good as worthless

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by JoNach: 5:32pm On Jul 15, 2017
funlord:

A bottle of black label, 1 vodka, a few cokes and a few plates of chicken wings at a standard club on a friday night na him be person salary for 30 days of hard labour?

Naija I hail! undecided

Standard club keh?? Bottle of blacky na 35k already naa , ask quilox, DNA, sip, escape, 57 etc if that's d stndard u mean

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by elda2303(m): 5:32pm On Jul 15, 2017
idu1:
OK you are nursing student. No one ll pay you 110k.

Fresh graduate of general nursing salary is 50-70k in private hospitals.

cheesy cheesy ... lol!!! dat na lagos & abj price oo
Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jul 15, 2017
Nikbaebrown:
Since She Studied In The UK, Then What Stops Her From Getting A Job There

sexy u...u look gud on that hijab
Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jul 15, 2017
martyns303:

Because you expected to leave the UK soon as u r done with ur studies, unlike the US and Canada.

Nigerians need to understand that tartiary is not the only way of education or how to get employed. I know of someone taking home N1.2m per month salary without ever seen the corridor of a university. And may I add he's barely 27.

wat type of business does he do
Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by idu1(m): 5:37pm On Jul 15, 2017
elda2303:

cheesy cheesy ... lol!!! dat na lagos & abj price oo
grin

Thank God you have idea.

Do you know how much port harcourt pays?
Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:40pm On Jul 15, 2017
JoNach:

Sorry o,U sound a bit jealous and obviously u did not school abroad , why d rage? Imagine shes your daughter after paying so much for her in school, what will you advice her? Pls reply

Sorry to disappoint you, i wasnt born nor schooled in África... And if this was my daughter I would ask her to apply to BETTER JOBS... And if all lawyer position offer these low pay then I would ask her to decide what se wanna do (take one of these job for experience OR stay jobless)

Priest69:

You've made your point, seriously, who can survive on 35k monthly? How can u compare out depleted university certificate with that of uk? Pls be honest in your views and opinios

Why don't YOU be honest with your own opinion and views, and tell us all... If you had a business and was looking to hire a lawyer, and (let's assume) 100 competent lawyers applied for the position at 35k. Would you therefore pay a UK master holder +100K for that same position?!?!

Let us all stop the nypocrisy!
Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jul 15, 2017
adenuga360:
I understand your pain but that is the situation we have found ourselves. All we can do is to pray for a better Nigeria.

Whether you are local or foreign trained, it really doesn't matter if you don't have the right keys/connections to open the right doors.

Gone are the days UK investment(schooling) gives automatic edge in the market. Now you have to deserve it by proving your worth or perhaps you back your investment with the rightful connection for a good job.

The good thing still remain the fact that some organizations just have that flair for foreign degrees. The GEs, Consulting firms and Oil coys. So keep beaming your light to where your skills and qualifications will be appreciated.

Typical Nigerian mentality,
Always praying and hoping without action.
This thing called religion has made lots of Africans mentally lazy to come up with optimal solutions.

Prayers won't fix bad roads
It won't build schools nor hospitals
It won't fight or stop corrupt politicians from stealing
Action + prayers will

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by bolinjkezzy(m): 5:44pm On Jul 15, 2017
DALE917:
Lol Thank God for my course The starting salary is 110k
Medicine I guess...
Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by sukkot: 5:47pm On Jul 15, 2017
ivolt:
Stay at home or start your own business,
your degree is just another paper.
grin
Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by Acecube(m): 5:47pm On Jul 15, 2017
martyns303:

is he an entrepreneur?
Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:49pm On Jul 15, 2017
KingGBsky:

You get sense at all?
In this present state of the economy?
Do you have any idea what happens in this nation?

Isn't it in that same "present economy" that you expect an employer to pay X amount that they may NOT have?! The economy ALSO affect businesses, but most importantly, because of that same economy, many competent graduates would take up that job and use that as experience or springboard to get a better job.
Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by bolinjkezzy(m): 5:51pm On Jul 15, 2017
THEPOTTER:
you people should fear God. . after dollars abroad 35k ?
Who send her go abroad for masters...
Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jul 15, 2017
All I see in most of the comments here is jealousy or rather hating and it is no surprise that majority of them are the ladies.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by elda2303(m): 5:53pm On Jul 15, 2017
idu1:
grin

Thank God you have idea.

Do you know how much port harcourt pays?

If u get an offer close 2 50k grab it ie probably in bigger establishments, others dat amount fit get other personal work join.
Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by elda2303(m): 5:53pm On Jul 15, 2017
bolinjkezzy:

Who send her go abroad for masters...

ROTFL..!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

KWARA STATE UNIVERSITY 2014/2015 Post Utme Thread / University Of Maiduguri Student Removes Shoes To Enter Lecturer's Office / A Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In UMYU, Katsina (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.