Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,668 members, 7,858,467 topics. Date: Wednesday, 12 June 2024 at 02:42 PM

Count Oke-ogun Out Of Oduduwa Republic Or Regional Government! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Count Oke-ogun Out Of Oduduwa Republic Or Regional Government! (6506 Views)

Why We Must All Come Together To Push For Regional Government / Do Yoruba Want Oduaaa Republic Or Restructure ? / Regional Government Is Not For Lazy Bone Of Today's People. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Count Oke-ogun Out Of Oduduwa Republic Or Regional Government! by Nobody: 10:24am On Jul 16, 2017
moninuola65:

Hahahahhahah. True!
there won't be biafra!

Don't worry. The news of Biafra's restoration will get to you through your community's radio.

2 Likes

Re: Count Oke-ogun Out Of Oduduwa Republic Or Regional Government! by Nobody: 10:25am On Jul 16, 2017
MayorofLagos:

Oke Ogun will not have a referendum voice for exclusion in Oduduwa. The divisions is along ethnic and cultural line. Oke Ogun is culturally and ethnically Yoruba so you are in, whether you like it or not.

Umuigbo you can see these people's hypocrisy. We didn't force people in SS. We asked for a referendum. But see how this one threw someone's opinion aside. Offspring of the fallen.

4 Likes

Re: Count Oke-ogun Out Of Oduduwa Republic Or Regional Government! by moninuola65: 10:26am On Jul 16, 2017
igbozionism:

I don't have the conical shape of Yoruba Muslims neither do I gulp ewedu nor munch amala.
I am oke Ogun Christian grin
pele o!
omo ajokuta ma mumi!
Re: Count Oke-ogun Out Of Oduduwa Republic Or Regional Government! by moninuola65: 10:29am On Jul 16, 2017
iSlayer2:

Don't worry. The news of Biafra's restoration will get to you through your community's radio.
Scottish have been waiting since 1600AD!
continue in your delusional!
Re: Count Oke-ogun Out Of Oduduwa Republic Or Regional Government! by moninuola65: 10:38am On Jul 16, 2017
iSlayer2:

Umuigbo you can see these people's hypocrisy. We didn't force people in SS. We asked for a referendum. But see how this one threw someone's opinion aside. Offspring of the fallen.
but you were the feather of the same bird.
anything republic inside Nigeria Republic is madness of you political jobbers, greedy politicians and irrelevant politicians in Nigeria today who believe in your interest and your own interest only,
when you were in favour thing is ok!
but when you were unfavourable end to Nigeria!
ain't you wicked?
Re: Count Oke-ogun Out Of Oduduwa Republic Or Regional Government! by moninuola65: 10:40am On Jul 16, 2017
PenisCaP:

U have a very dirty mind...
undecided
or to say!
am a witty!
Re: Count Oke-ogun Out Of Oduduwa Republic Or Regional Government! by Deedeedee3: 10:43am On Jul 16, 2017
bolajesu:
with all sincerity we yorubas need prayers ooo...look at the madness a fellow yoruba is displaying on the internet...I will be happy for this country to disintegrate and your people go and join the Arewa republic just ask the okun people what they are suffering in kogi state...secondly dont you know that a regional government has the power to create more states...and your oke-ogun state can become a reality? I live with a pure saki indigene as my flat mate and everyday we pray for ODUDUWA republic...also i live in kano...yet we feel like second class citizens amidst those fanatics...I just pray the curse of afonja will not happen to you with the way you are going with all sincerity...you are a disgrace to the yoruba race!
These are the kind of fools we have to endure i tell you.
It is really a shame!

2 Likes

Re: Count Oke-ogun Out Of Oduduwa Republic Or Regional Government! by moninuola65: 10:46am On Jul 16, 2017
Deedeedee3:

These are the kind of fools we have to endure i tell you.
It is really a shame!
you endure a fool
ain't you fool your self?

1 Like

Re: Count Oke-ogun Out Of Oduduwa Republic Or Regional Government! by OAUTemitayo: 10:48am On Jul 16, 2017
Deedeedee3:
These are the kind of fools we have to endure i tell you. It is really a shame!
He is irrelevant in the scheme of things.
Re: Count Oke-ogun Out Of Oduduwa Republic Or Regional Government! by louqas: 10:49am On Jul 16, 2017
moninuola65:
OKE OGUN IS BIGGER THAN MANY STATES IN NIGERIA. AND IT'S AMONG THE FIRST ASKING FOR STATE BUT TILL TODAY NOTHING, ALSO IT'S NEVER PRODUCED A GOVERNOR IN OYO STATE, IT'S HAD BEEN MARGINALIZED BY IBADAN OGBOMOSO AND IJESA SINCE INDEPENDENT, DO YOU EXPECT OKE OGUN TO CONTINUE BLINDLY SERVING THE GREEDY REGIONAL ELITES. WHEN NIGERIA IS RESTRUCTURED INTO REGIONS? OR BALKANIZED IN TO NEW STATES AS MANY WISH? MEANS REGIONAL MARGINALIZATION IS ETERNITY , WHAT SILLY, COUNT OKE OGUN OUT OF THE STUPID IDEA OF OODUDUWA REPUBLIC OR REGIONAL GOVERNMENT.

Whoever told you Democracy is the best form of government. This is democracy , a game of numbers. What is the population of Oke Ogun? 2/3rd of Oyo state voting population is in ibadan. That is not to say oke ogun don't have the right to produce governor but in this system majority have the way while minority their say.
Two states readily come to mind with similar situation as yours, they are Kogi and benue states. In Kogi state the igalas are the majority and have been marginalizing other tribes so also is benue where the tivs use their numerical strength to dominate the state........ bottom line is you can complain from now till eternity and nothing will change
your separating oke ogun from oduduwa will only increase suffering of your people .

1 Like

Re: Count Oke-ogun Out Of Oduduwa Republic Or Regional Government! by Deedeedee3: 10:59am On Jul 16, 2017
louqas:

Whoever told you Democracy is the best form of government. This is democracy , a game of numbers. What is the population of Oke Ogun? 2/3rd of Oyo state voting population is in ibadan. That is not to say oke ogun don't have the right to produce governor but in this system majority have the way while minority their say.
Two states readily come to mind with similar situation as yours, they are Kogi and benue states. In Kogi state the igalas are the majority and have been marginalizing other tribes so also is benue where the tivs use their numerical strength to dominate the state........ bottom line is you can complain from now till eternity and nothing will change
your separating oke ogun from oduduwa will only increase suffering of your people .
The eddiot is one of those Yorubas that shout "One Nigeria". He did not open this thread to cry marginalization

3 Likes

Re: Count Oke-ogun Out Of Oduduwa Republic Or Regional Government! by cumbak60: 11:15am On Jul 16, 2017
MayorofLagos:

Oke Ogun will not have a referendum voice for exclusion in Oduduwa. The divisions is along ethnic and cultural line. Oke Ogun is culturally and ethnically Yoruba so you are in, whether you like it or not.
You are not different from IPOB. By fire by force. smiley

1 Like

Re: Count Oke-ogun Out Of Oduduwa Republic Or Regional Government! by slendxy: 11:57am On Jul 16, 2017
This whole thread is funny.
Re: Count Oke-ogun Out Of Oduduwa Republic Or Regional Government! by bolajesu: 12:20pm On Jul 16, 2017
@moninuola I WOULD have ignored your nonsensical comments but it is very important to put ignoramuses like you to their right place.Im a medical professional who decided to resign his job in lagos to develop a diagnostic centre in kano...secondly barrister adebayo shittu is from oke ogun oyo stae who contested for governorship in oyo state in 2003,2007 and 2011 but lost all ocassions.on those ocassions how many oke ogun people voted for him?on those ocassions how many times did you vote for him?
Also do you know that adebayo shittu is tagged as a religious fanatic in oyo state?automatically his candidacy is a failure. Also historically what position has oke ogun held in yoruba land? you are crying of marginalization yet the only ministerial slot for oyo state was zoned to your region?I think you are not informed...we saying we want the yoruba race to be free from dis monster called one Nigeria you are saying oke-ogun? when dibu ojerinde was the Jamb registrar for many years do you know how prominent yorubas supported him when other regions wanted his removal? or his dibu ojerinde not oke ogun again? we are calling for the unity of the yoruba race you are typing this madness?People like you are irrelevant and you know that. All the presidents fron the south west are from ogun state yet nobody from oyo,ekiti,ondo or lagos even kwara wrote any nonsense article...we yorubas are one and people like you will soon be forgotten in history...

3 Likes

Re: Count Oke-ogun Out Of Oduduwa Republic Or Regional Government! by moninuola65: 1:19pm On Jul 16, 2017
louqas:

pls stop!
do you know what's play on in oyo state, Ibadan is the first populous follow by oke-ogun with 12/11 local governments each, then there is oyo and ogbomosho,
in any gubernatorial election:
Ibadan always have 2, 3, or 4 candidates!
Ogbomosho have 1
Oyo
Oke-ogun
Oyo always allied with Ibadan to manipulate the voting capacity of oke-ogun with the aide of oke-ogun politicians. that's the catch!
Ibadan is shared between 3, 4 candidate, ogbomosho always support her candidate,
oke-ogun is favourite but Oyo join either ogbomosho or Ibadan! game close!
that's how it plays always!
Oke-ogun have majority when Ibadan is shared among the candidates, its always the greedy calculation of oyo state politicians that marginalized Oke-ogun!
For Oke-ogun to continue following this regional leadership? forget about that, never!
Re: Count Oke-ogun Out Of Oduduwa Republic Or Regional Government! by excanny: 1:23pm On Jul 16, 2017
moninuola65:

take your non-sense out of here ok
Igbo would be chase out of oke-ogun if igbo is no longer Nigerian!

Which part of Oke-Ogun is experiencing this influx of Ibos?

Was in Ilero/Okeho/Iseyin axis around 2010-12. You will have it easier finding a Fulani than Ibo. Even the spare part trade(an Ibo reserve) was done by Oke-Ogun natives. A sign of a lack of Ibo presence.

1 Like

Re: Count Oke-ogun Out Of Oduduwa Republic Or Regional Government! by moninuola65: 1:27pm On Jul 16, 2017
Deedeedee3:

The eddiot is one of those Yorubas that shout "One Nigeria". He did not open this thread to cry marginalization
non-sense
since you, politicians quotas is not met we should follow follow you
pack joo!
Re: Count Oke-ogun Out Of Oduduwa Republic Or Regional Government! by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jul 16, 2017
moninuola65:
Scottish have been waiting since 1600AD! continue in your delusional!

And have voted to stay, twice. Dimwit.
Re: Count Oke-ogun Out Of Oduduwa Republic Or Regional Government! by moninuola65: 1:46pm On Jul 16, 2017
bolajesu:
@moninuola I WOULD have ignored your nonsensical comments but it is very important to put ignoramuses like you to their right place.Im a medical professional who decided to resign his job in lagos to develop a diagnostic centre in kano...secondly barrister adebayo shittu is from oke ogun oyo stae who contested for governorship in oyo state in 2003,2007 and 2011 but lost all ocassions.on those ocassions how many oke ogun people voted for him?on those ocassions how many times did you vote for him?
Also do you know that adebayo shittu is tagged as a religious fanatic in oyo state?automatically his candidacy is a failure. Also historically what position has oke ogun held in yoruba land? you are crying of marginalization yet the only ministerial slot for oyo state was zoned to your region?I think you are not informed...we saying we want the yoruba race to be free from dis monster called one Nigeria you are saying oke-ogun? when dibu ojerinde was the Jamb registrar for many years do you know how prominent yorubas supported him when other regions wanted his removal? or his dibu ojerinde not oke ogun again? we are calling for the unity of the yoruba race you are typing this madness?People like you are irrelevant and you know that. All the presidents fron the south west are from ogun state yet nobody from oyo,ekiti,ondo or lagos even kwara wrote any nonsense article...we yorubas are one and people like you will soon be forgotten in history...
aa tori ejo awijare kito o tan lenu!
ok lets say shittu didn't won in oke-ogun as you claimed!
why Ajumobi rejected his nomination as minister?
why is it that only ogun state indigene is always favour in the federal decision making?
Re: Count Oke-ogun Out Of Oduduwa Republic Or Regional Government! by moninuola65: 1:48pm On Jul 16, 2017
excanny:

Which part of Oke-Ogun is experiencing this influx of Ibos?

Was in Ilero/Okeho/Iseyin axis around 2010-12. You will have it easier finding a Fulani than Ibo. Even the spare part trade(an Ibo reserve) was done by Oke-Ogun natives. A sign of a lack of Ibo presence.
are we in 2010-12 now?
Re: Count Oke-ogun Out Of Oduduwa Republic Or Regional Government! by moninuola65: 1:49pm On Jul 16, 2017
iSlayer2:

And have voted to stay, twice. Dimwit.
and what about Catalonia since 1800AD!
Re: Count Oke-ogun Out Of Oduduwa Republic Or Regional Government! by moninuola65: 1:53pm On Jul 16, 2017
slendxy:
This whole thread is funny.
yah funny!
funny to believe the marginalization playing there!
Re: Count Oke-ogun Out Of Oduduwa Republic Or Regional Government! by excanny: 1:54pm On Jul 16, 2017
moninuola65:

are we in 2010-12 now?

Please which towns? Cos I am doubt Im wondering what could cause this sudden Ibo overflow in 5 years time. Will to confirm when next I am in Ilero.

1 Like

Re: Count Oke-ogun Out Of Oduduwa Republic Or Regional Government! by moninuola65: 1:57pm On Jul 16, 2017
excanny:

Please which towns? Cos I am doubt Im wondering what could cause this sudden Ibo overflow in 5 years time. Will to confirm when next I am in Ilero.
have you been to saki, kisi...
Re: Count Oke-ogun Out Of Oduduwa Republic Or Regional Government! by excanny: 2:25pm On Jul 16, 2017
moninuola65:

have you been to saki, kisi...

Ok. Noted. Will confirm this. Tho I believe Ibadan holds the second largest Ibo population in SW after Lagos and naturally I would have thought that an influx of Ibo would follow Iseyin, then Okeho before remote parts like Saki and Kishi.
Re: Count Oke-ogun Out Of Oduduwa Republic Or Regional Government! by Fx55(m): 5:29pm On Jul 16, 2017
MayorofLagos:
Have you brought your unity begging to the South-Waste? We Oke Ogun are not interested in any Oduduwa Republic. Please remove us from that useless Oduduwa map.

Land grabbers!
Re: Count Oke-ogun Out Of Oduduwa Republic Or Regional Government! by louqas: 6:42pm On Jul 16, 2017
I understand you are a one Nigeria proponent so I will
not try to analyze the politics of Oyo state for you
However I can deduce from your conclusions that you are hoping the reports of 2014 national conference will be implemented and Oke Ogun state will be created so as to be free of ibadan monopoly Oyo state governorship . In that case I can only wish you good luck .

moninuola65:

pls stop!
do you know what's play on in oyo state, Ibadan is the first populous follow by oke-ogun with 12/11 local governments each, then there is oyo and ogbomosho,
in any gubernatorial election:
Ibadan always have 2, 3, or 4 candidates!
Ogbomosho have 1
Oyo
Oke-ogun
Oyo always allied with Ibadan to manipulate the voting capacity of oke-ogun with the aide of oke-ogun politicians. that's the catch!
Ibadan is shared between 3, 4 candidate, ogbomosho always support her candidate,
oke-ogun is favourite but Oyo join either ogbomosho or Ibadan! game close!
that's how it plays always!
Oke-ogun have majority when Ibadan is shared among the candidates, its always the greedy calculation of oyo state politicians that marginalized Oke-ogun!
For Oke-ogun to continue following this regional leadership? forget about that, never!
Re: Count Oke-ogun Out Of Oduduwa Republic Or Regional Government! by moninuola65: 8:27pm On Jul 18, 2017
louqas:
I understand you are a one Nigeria proponent so I will
not try to analyze the politics of Oyo state for you
However I can deduce from your conclusions that you are hoping the reports of 2014 national conference will be implemented and Oke Ogun state will be created so as to be free of ibadan monopoly Oyo state governorship . In that case I can only wish you good luck .

confab?
NO!
can confab solve Nigeria problems? or compounded it.
Oke ogun have no interest on any form of regional government setup that will be the continuation of the regional marginalization on our people.
Do you know the so call Yoruba groups Afenifere and co were leading by the people of the same area of Yoruba land, and never consider or meeting in oke-ogun for once?
Re: Count Oke-ogun Out Of Oduduwa Republic Or Regional Government! by 9jakool: 5:57am On Jul 19, 2017
@moninuola65
I totally understand your grievances, but here is the deal: this scenario is found in many of the states in Nigeria most notably Kaduna, Kogi, Benue, Borno, etc. If a regional Yoruba region arose from a restructured Nigeria, won't you think the voice of Onko people would be louder in a Yoruba space where Yoruba maters and grievances are discussed and expressed.

Imagine a scenario, where Nigeria splits and Yorubas have their own nation, do you think the nature the states are in a Nigeria at the moment will remain the same. In a Yoruba country, the states will be based on a historical subgroup/kingdom type of structure. Every if not most Yoruba groups will get their own state. Onko living in Oyo will have their own state with the administrative capital located in one of the important historic towns like Saki, Iseyin, Kisi, Igbeho, etc. In fact the entire state of Oyo can be broken down into Ibarapa, Oyo, Ibadan and Onko states to represent the way things were historically.

This form of marginalization is found throughout many states in Nigeria. Your grievances are a result of the current Nigerian political system and less of just a Yoruba issue.
Re: Count Oke-ogun Out Of Oduduwa Republic Or Regional Government! by moninuola65: 8:56am On Jul 19, 2017
9jakool:
@moninuola65
I totally understand your grievances, but here is the deal: this scenario is found in many of the states in Nigeria most notably Kaduna, Kogi, Benue, Borno, etc. If a regional Yoruba region arose from a restructured Nigeria, won't you think the voice of Onko people would be louder in a Yoruba space where Yoruba maters and grievances are discussed and expressed.

Imagine a scenario, where Nigeria splits and Yorubas have their own nation, do you think the nature the states are in a Nigeria at the moment will remain the same. In a Yoruba country, the states will be based on a historical subgroup/kingdom type of structure. Every if not most Yoruba groups will get their own state. Onko living in Oyo will have their own state with the administrative capital located in one of the important historic towns like Saki, Iseyin, Kisi, Igbeho, etc. In fact the entire state of Oyo can be broken down into Ibarapa, Oyo, Ibadan and Onko states to represent the way things were historically.

This form of marginalization is found throughout many states in Nigeria. Your grievances are a result of the current Nigerian political system and less of just a Yoruba issue.
The center is our lover, the federal govt. for the most of time come to our rescue but the regional marginalization persist.
All the capital projects either diverted to Big cities or stop, for our chairmen meet commissioner is a batte, talkless of seen governors.
they deliberate margialize oke-ogun to turn our generations into their eternal slaves!
Re: Count Oke-ogun Out Of Oduduwa Republic Or Regional Government! by moninuola65: 9:20am On Jul 19, 2017
Many schools in Oke-ogun were community schools, majority of those got to school end up in drop out and those that had school cert end up in Ibadan turn kabu drivers or boy boy, our girls, and the married one turn to slavery in Ibadan, and many at home farming to feed the nation.
Are we stupid continue given support to any nonsense regional government?
And nobody can force Oke-ogun into that, it will be bloody!
Re: Count Oke-ogun Out Of Oduduwa Republic Or Regional Government! by 9jakool: 3:18pm On Jul 19, 2017
moninuola65:

The center is our lover, the federal govt. for the most of time come to our rescue but the regional marginalization persist.
All the capital projects either diverted to Big cities or stop, for our chairmen meet commissioner is a batte, talkless of seen governors.
they deliberate margialize oke-ogun to turn our generations into their eternal slaves!
A large percentage of Nigeria's corruption are based on the federal gov as well from corruption in NNPC to corruption among ministers. Your grievances are misplaced. Do you know how long it took before the FG did anything about the Lagos-Ibadan expressway? Anyways, it seems like you like the status quo of Nigeria as it is currently (Big FG- small SG/regional) so there is no point in reaching out to you.
I'm done.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Akpabio Ordered To Vacate Seat For Oshiomole At Tinibu’s Colloquium / Sir Chikwe Udensi Tackles Ikpeazu Over Refusal To Arm Ebubeagu Security Outfit / Abiodun’s Aides Stay Silent As PDP Alleges ₦‎300Bn Loans Looted In 4 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.