Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,550 members, 7,843,714 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

Agitation For Restructuring And Federalism (the Nigerian Youths) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Agitation For Restructuring And Federalism (the Nigerian Youths) (1183 Views)

Yoruba Must Fight For Restructuring, Not 2023 Presidency By Olu Fasan / It's Time For Restructuring, Yoruba Nation To Adopt Paradigm Shift - Gani Adams / What Are The Advantages Of Restructuring And Meaning In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Agitation For Restructuring And Federalism (the Nigerian Youths) by Zenanted(m): 7:56am On Jul 17, 2017
After going through this thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/3910949/10-positive-things-quickly-happen/

I and skylane came to a conclusion that we the youths have all it takes to change this country because no matter what happens today, we'll still outlive the present position holding politicians from the Presidency , Nass to councilors. Etc
Therefore we shouldn't let them destroy the little future this country has, moreover are we not the ones to live the future when they are all gone?
We call on Nairalanders to support, suggest next line of action so we can plan together to build this country via this thread.

Throw in your suggestions

@skylane
@lalasticlala
Don't know if this the right forum but i just have to post it anyway.
Re: Agitation For Restructuring And Federalism (the Nigerian Youths) by Myself2(m): 7:59am On Jul 17, 2017
Booked
LOL .As commendable as your move is,I doubt if most members of nairaland will have anything constructive to suggest.
Over 70% of them don't even understand how politics works,how a nation is built,the few that understand are too blinded and blighted by ethnic and religious jingoism to give any meaningful suggestions
It's not hopeless though,so I'm following

1 Like

Re: Agitation For Restructuring And Federalism (the Nigerian Youths) by Nobody: 8:19am On Jul 17, 2017
make I enter class sit down for front seat.............. smiley
lets roll.
Re: Agitation For Restructuring And Federalism (the Nigerian Youths) by Zenanted(m): 9:13am On Jul 17, 2017
Myself2:
Booked
LOL .As commendable as your move is,I doubt if most members of nairaland will have anything constructive to suggest.
Over 70% of them don't even understand how politics works,how a nation is built,the few that understand are too blinded and blighted by ethnic and religious jingoism to give any meaningful suggestions
We just need the few to achieve our purpose, people like you and I can do it.... so i don't mind waiting because we ain't in a hurry
Re: Agitation For Restructuring And Federalism (the Nigerian Youths) by skylane: 10:13pm On Jul 17, 2017
Myself2:
Booked
yes u are some how right but no one is un-teachable,thank God the human mind is malleable
Re: Agitation For Restructuring And Federalism (the Nigerian Youths) by skylane: 10:22pm On Jul 17, 2017
My fellow nairalanders,this is our Country,this is our land,this is our home,its high time we step out and say the truth,its high time we stop suffering and smiling(I wonder how we tend to be happy with such phrase)its high time we go for a Revolution of a new Nigeria,A greater Nigeria,a United Nigeria,where tribalism has no place amongst,wher everyone would have a say,and opinion heard,where there would be a thin line between the rich and the poor,but equal and fair treatment,its high time we stand up and demand this Nigeria,many countries did it,USA,Ghana,Egypt etc, we were the Giants of africa,but now I do not see that,let us stand up for that,now I see that if we do,let us channel our plight to the Government of this nation,we need to start with a true Federalism system,even if it doesn't work atleast we have tried sometin,let's comeout and make this Nation great again,let's demand the 1963 constitution be re-enacted once again.I look forward for bright minds draw up bright ideas from this thread

1 Like

Re: Agitation For Restructuring And Federalism (the Nigerian Youths) by Dedetwo(m): 10:40pm On Jul 17, 2017
skylane:
My fellow nairalanders,this is our Country,this is our land,this is our home,its high time we step out and say the truth,its high time we stop suffering and smiling(I wonder how we tend to be happy with such phrase)its high time we go for a Revolution of a new Nigeria,A greater Nigeria,a United Nigeria,where tribalism has no place amongst,wher everyone would have a say,and opinion heard,where there would be a thin line between the rich and the poor,but equal and fair treatment,its high time we stand up and demand this Nigeria,many countries did it,USA,Ghana,Egypt etc, we were the Giants of africa,but now I do not see that,let us stand up for that,now I see that if we do,let us channel our plight to the Government of this nation,we need to start with a true Federalism system,even if it doesn't work atleast we have tried sometin,let's comeout and make this Nation great again,let's demand the 1963 constitution be re-enacted once again.I look forward for bright minds draw up bright ideas from this thread

All these condescending approaches of restructure are in themselves deceitful. If we have to start this crap called restructure, the so-called federal government of Nigeria must build Lagos and Abuja in the defunct Eastern and Midwestern regions respectively. Every military academy or entity in the defunct Northern region of Nigeria must be duplicated in the defunct Eastern, Midwestern and Western regions respectively. The maniacal indigenization program must be revisited. All stones must be turned from 1966 to present day in Nigeria. If these cannot be met, I say disintegration is sure answer to our problems.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Agitation For Restructuring And Federalism (the Nigerian Youths) by ONYEUTALI: 10:49pm On Jul 17, 2017
HTW

1 Like

Re: Agitation For Restructuring And Federalism (the Nigerian Youths) by Blue3k(m): 10:57pm On Jul 17, 2017
Love having excuse to plug my threads. Good luck getting policy suggestions. A lot haven't fleshed out the idea yet. The process will take time.

Decentralized police

Independent Candiatates

Individal land and minerals rights

Local government fiscal autonomy
Re: Agitation For Restructuring And Federalism (the Nigerian Youths) by skylane: 11:50pm On Jul 17, 2017
Dedetwo:

All these condescending approaches of restructure are in themselves deceitful. If we have to start this crap called restructure, the so-called federal government of Nigeria must build Lagos and Abuja in the defunct Eastern and Midwestern regions respectively. Every military academy or entity in the defunct Northern region of Nigeria must be duplicated in the defunct Eastern, Midwestern and Western regions respectively. The maniacal indigenization program must be revisited. All stones must be turned from 1966 to present day in Nigeria. If these cannot be met, I say disintegration is sure answer to our problems.
my brother,u are right but atleast the constitution has to be rewritten for all what you said to be accomplished,so let's 4get abt the produce now let's face the reactants now please,and drop the mindset of disintegration its not healthy to this move
Re: Agitation For Restructuring And Federalism (the Nigerian Youths) by skylane: 11:56pm On Jul 17, 2017
ONYEUTALI:
I admire people who have faith, people who hope and dream big. But I despise people who daydream like you.
Forget about Nigeria if you're not planning to Restructure/Balkanise her.

Then there's this facts.

Nairaland Nigerian users don't make up to 5% of the Nigerian population. So who are you against the remaining 95%? Secondly, check out Nairaland Nigerian users' opinion on all young aspirants of the 2019 Presidential election. There was a thread of a Northerner(based overseas) who showed his desire to contest in the 2019 Elections. I saw how Nigerian youths on Nairaland condemned him outrightly.
Here on Nairaland, there's a user with the Username; 'BornToRule' who uses this Forum to campaign for the 2019 Elections. Read his threads and see how your fellow Nigerian Youths discredits him.

Y'all aren't yet in need of good leadership. You're gon' wait till Jesus return to have good Leaders.
I don't really get your point but the little I understand,this is what I have to say"as little as an ember of fire,it can cause forest wildfires that travels thousands of miles ravaging anythin in its path,so do not underestimate it"
Re: Agitation For Restructuring And Federalism (the Nigerian Youths) by Jetleeee: 11:59pm On Jul 17, 2017
It appears these clowns at the top don't want to restructure at once. .What I've noticed is that they are trying to do it in bits, and selectively.

They aren't interested in negotiating the ones that will affect their pockets, what they're more concerned about are the not extremely important ones like state policing and other blah blah.

Thieves

3 Likes

Re: Agitation For Restructuring And Federalism (the Nigerian Youths) by Blue3k(m): 12:11am On Jul 18, 2017
Jetleeee:
It appears these clowns at the top don't want to restructure at once. .What I've noticed is that they are trying to do it in bits, and selectively.

They aren't interested in negotiating the ones that will affect their pockets, what they're more concerned about are the not extremely important ones like state policing and other blah blah.

Thieves

Lol state policing is important dude. It fits with theme of devolution of powers and giving individuals more rights. If you don't know it's what your own SW politicians called for other day. They didn't advocate big change to allocation system yet.

I would mention allocation system but don't have a concrete policy. I would just say end it but that not much of a policy. I could just say go back to system of first republic where federal government takes their cut, state that produced take theirs.

Ps: Isn't Governor Ambode still asking for special status for Lagos?

1 Like

Re: Agitation For Restructuring And Federalism (the Nigerian Youths) by Jetleeee: 12:25am On Jul 18, 2017
Blue3k:

Lol state policing is important dude. It fits with theme of devolution of powers and giving individuals more rights. If you don't know it's what your own SW politicians called for other day. They didn't advocate big change to allocation system yet.

I would mention allocation system but don't have a concrete policy. I would just say end it but that not much of a policy. I could just say go back to system of first republic where federal government takes their cut, state that produced take theirs.

Ps: Isn't Governor Ambode still asking for special status for Lagos?

Breh! State policing is important, but it's not the most important issue. We can do without it!! No be state police we go take pay salary. There are other things that have direct impact on the people like letting states generate their own electricity without relying on the national grid. States keeping significant % of their revenue.

There are states currently protecting their citizens without state police. Early this year or was it last year, Lagos state created her own vigilante force. Kano state has been protecting her citizens with Hisbah police for eons

Again, I'm not against it and I agree it's important but it's not what will significantly take Nigeria to where we want her to be

4 Likes

Re: Agitation For Restructuring And Federalism (the Nigerian Youths) by Blue3k(m): 12:32am On Jul 18, 2017
Jetleeee:

Breh! State policing is important, but it's not the most important issue. We can do without it!! No be state police we go take pay salary. There are other things that have direct impact on the people like letting states generate their own electricity without relying on the national grid. States keeping significant % of their revenue.

Agreed. The National grid issue doesn't need a constitutional change though. They could do that tomorrow if NASS pleased. The revenue yeah yet another amendment to crazy constitution.
Re: Agitation For Restructuring And Federalism (the Nigerian Youths) by Kagawa10: 12:58am On Jul 18, 2017
Dedetwo:

Dreamer. Which federal govt build Lagos? You mean the same Mushin, Ikeja, Epe, Ikorodu etc that were all under western regional govt? Lol. Cocoa developed Lagos, not your phantom imaginative lies.

Go and create your own Lagos in your wasteland, don't expect anyone to do that for you parasites!

1 Like

Re: Agitation For Restructuring And Federalism (the Nigerian Youths) by Blue3k(m): 1:03am On Jul 18, 2017
Things from 2014 confab regarding Concurrent powers:

● Water for domestic, commercial, industrial, irrigation, power and other uses should be placed on the concurrent list;

● Registration of Births and Deaths” to be moved from the Exclusive Legislative List to the Concurrent Legislative list.

● The Integrated National Database should be included in the Concurrent Legislative list.

● Fingerprints, identification and criminal records. Conference decided that items 28 and 23 be merged and amended to read: ‘Evidence, fingerprints, identification and criminal records’ and moved to the Concurrent Legislative List.

● State Governments shall have jurisdiction over the pension matters of their own employees/retirees (This should be moved to the Concurrent Legislative list).

● Public holiday:

Conference decided that it should be moved from the Exclusive Legislative List to the Concurrent Legislative list. This, in the view of Conference, will give states the latitude to declare holidays reflective of the values of its own people.

● Railways:

Conference decided that this item be moved to the Concurrent Legislative List. This in the view of the committee would give the States with high population cities the power to provide light railways for its people;

● e. Control of the prices of goods and commodities designated by the National Assembly as essential goods or commodities; should be moved to the Concurrent Legislative List.

● f. Registration of business names should be moved to the Concurrent List.

● (a)the generation, transmission and distribution of electricity to areas not covered by a national grid system within that State should be retained in the Concurrent Legislative List but to be amended to read: “The generation, transmission and distribution of electricity within that State”

● List the sector (Railway, Port, Land, Water, Sea and Air) under the Concurrent Legislative List, which will spell out the areas of legislative competence of both the Federal and State Governments.

● Census, including the establishment and maintenance of machinery for continuous and universal registration of births and deaths throughout Nigeria should be moved from the Exclusive Legislative List to the Concurrent Legislative List

●Copyright should be moved from the Exclusive Legislative List to the Concurrent Legislative List.

● Solid mineral and Mines should be included in the Concurrent legislative list

● Tribunals of enquiry should be an item under the Concurrent legislative list.

Ps: I'll take advice find stuff regarding power and state revenue.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Agitation For Restructuring And Federalism (the Nigerian Youths) by omohayek: 7:18am On Jul 18, 2017
Jetleeee:

Thieves

I don't see how localized policing can be considered less than "extremely important", as without a sense of security you are never going to have the kind of prosperity that requires law and order, e.g. people pouring billions of dollars into semiconductor investments, millions of foreign tourists, etc. Yes, there are other important things, but no amount of free electricity will turn Mogadishu or Mosul into Singapore.

2 Likes

Re: Agitation For Restructuring And Federalism (the Nigerian Youths) by brainbox80: 8:03am On Jul 18, 2017
OP, thank u for opening this thread. The truth is dat we know our selfish past and present leaders will not want such plan succeed. Remember these are the people the nation take there word seriously. So if Nigeria must move forward a "violent and drastic revolution" that may lead to the death of our current leaders or send then to indefinite exile is required. It is only on such premise dat we can take back our nation and set it on the part towards greatness. Count me in if u are ready for this
Re: Agitation For Restructuring And Federalism (the Nigerian Youths) by Blue3k(m): 6:05am On Jul 19, 2017
Lol where the youth with their brilliant plans?

2014 confab power policy (mostly boring) :

● The Supergrid development be fast-tracked so power can be developed close to the fuel sources and generated power transmitted to other parts of the country or neighbouring countries at low loss levels. This should reduce incidences of gas pipeline vandalizations;

● Immediate steps should be taken to remove the current restriction on how much power a private entity can generate off – grid;

● (a)the generation, transmission and distribution of electricity to areas not covered by a national grid system within that State should be retained in the Concurrent Legislative List but to be amended to read: “The generation, transmission and distribution of electricity within that State”.
Re: Agitation For Restructuring And Federalism (the Nigerian Youths) by Nobody: 6:16am On Jul 19, 2017
Dedetwo:

is this ur own definition of restructuring?
Re: Agitation For Restructuring And Federalism (the Nigerian Youths) by attackgat: 6:36am On Jul 19, 2017
skylane:

Sorry but this is not our country, our land or our home. Nigeria is the creation of colonialists. You dont get a country by forcing people together. A country comes by the freewill of the indigenous people of the land and not by the freewill of Lord Lugard.

Im an Igbo man and Nigeria is not my country!
Re: Agitation For Restructuring And Federalism (the Nigerian Youths) by Almaheed: 6:36am On Jul 19, 2017
I believe restructuring means a lot of things to different people across boards, but the Paramount thing I would envisage is an halt to the Nigerian government and governance like a two weeks retreat where every Nigerian would come out and lay his or her own problems. the rot is systemic that is why we need a very strong agitation to make Nigeria great again
Re: Agitation For Restructuring And Federalism (the Nigerian Youths) by Zenanted(m): 7:30am On Jul 19, 2017
Almaheed:
I believe restructuring means a lot of things to different people across boards, but the Paramount thing I would envisage is an halt to the Nigerian government and governance like a two weeks retreat where every Nigerian would come out and lay his or her own problems. the rot is systemic that is why we need a very strong agitation to make Nigeria great again
That's the main purpose of the thread... How do we actualize that?
Re: Agitation For Restructuring And Federalism (the Nigerian Youths) by skylane: 6:02pm On Jul 19, 2017
attackgat:

Sorry but this is not our country, our land or our home. Nigeria is the creation of colonialists. You dont get a country by forcing people together. A country comes by the freewill of the indigenous people of the land and not by the freewill of Lord Lugard.

Im an Igbo man and Nigeria is not my country!
this is not a thread for biafra thanks
Re: Agitation For Restructuring And Federalism (the Nigerian Youths) by Cjrane2: 10:31pm On Jul 19, 2017
The only way to for those being cheated in Nigeria to get fairness is to stop the party.
The oil flow must stop until a new Nigeria is negotiated. It is imperative for all the agitating groups to pull forces together and ensure an end to oil output from their areas. Then you will see Nigeria suddenly become a great country flowing with justice and brotherhood.

1 Like

Re: Agitation For Restructuring And Federalism (the Nigerian Youths) by mikolo80: 10:33am On Jul 27, 2017
omohayek:

I don't see how localized policing can be considered less than "extremely important", as without a sense of security you are never going to have the kind of prosperity that requires law and order, e.g. people pouring billions of dollars into semiconductor investments, millions of foreign tourists, etc. Yes, there are other important things, but no amount of free electricity will turn Mogadishu or Mosul into Singapore.
not if Mogadishu offered employment to large numbers of militants who could secure themselves
Re: Agitation For Restructuring And Federalism (the Nigerian Youths) by attackgat: 11:13am On Jul 27, 2017
I congratulate you Nigerians on your endevour to restructure Nigeria. God willing, maybe 10,000 years from now, the core North who have vowed never to allow Nigeria to be restructured will finally agree with you all

In the meantime, we the Igbo nation, would like to exit this colonial mistake of 1914 called Nigeria, as a separate sovereign entity.
Re: Agitation For Restructuring And Federalism (the Nigerian Youths) by chiagozien(m): 11:30am On Jul 27, 2017
Re: Agitation For Restructuring And Federalism (the Nigerian Youths) by Zenanted(m): 11:50am On Jul 27, 2017
Protest has never helped matters in this country, so let's at a better solution

(1) (Reply)

Update: The Nigeria Army Have Moved In With Tanks & Weapons To Nnamdi Kanu House / Presidency: Jonathan Govt Officials, Maina Shared Loot / See Apga Urgent Letter To Inec In Full Details

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.