Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,673 members, 7,813,243 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:21 AM

APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness - Celebrities (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness (96343 Views)

May D: While Living With P'square, I Slept On TV Carton In Their Boys Quarters / Bbnaija: Efe Visits P'square Banana Island Mansion (Photos) / Aliko Dangote Visits P'square In Their New Home (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by Nosikebit(m): 6:42am On Jul 18, 2017
The almighty u.s.a has not stopped its people producing in china .. e come be nigeria wey our president na king of foreign ... Apc is something else

2 Likes

Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by frubben(m): 6:45am On Jul 18, 2017
kettykin:

Point of correction hypcritical and satanic APC , it was the PDP government that was responsible for the regeneration of the Music industry with the Government policy that mandated the playing of 95 percent of Nigerian songs every day.

What P square wants to know is how would the hypocrits who still purchase foreign made vehicles , buy foreign made shoes , go to foreign hospitals for checkup and treatments now decide to ban foreign music production.

Please discerning Nigerians, APC government does not mean well for Nigeria, they have not grown Nigerian rice industry neither have they encouraged Nollywood , all they want is to kill our indigenous musicians career , through scorched earth policies and highly jaundiced ethnic manipulations
bro forget, let's start from some where, I support APC, let's put party aside.
Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by jacyhelen(f): 6:48am On Jul 18, 2017
Danzakidakura:
stupid APC bunch of liars ,buhari will die isha allahu.

lol
Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by frubben(m): 6:52am On Jul 18, 2017
Nikbaebrown:
Was Peter Okoye Actually Thinking That FG Is One Of The Many Improvisal Strategies Staged By The Okoye Family In Bids To Ganer Huge Attention,followership And Relevance Whenever They Are About To Release A New Single?? Peter Should Ask Idris What Damage Obassanjo Exposed His Career To When He Over-stepped His Bounds. Or What Trauma And Disgrace Tuface Idibia Went Through When He Goofed And Was Eventually Humbled? Abi You Think Say Na Clear Eye Everybody Take Resort Strictly To Incessant "Baby This, Baby That" On Every Single Produced In Nigeria?? Peter Please Just Enjoy Your Wealth In Peace Without Trying To Potray Saviour By Getting Into Messy Scandals And Denting Your Image In The Process. Because I'm Nt Even Sure The Cabals Knw What An Afro-pop/ Music Is Let Alone Pop. I Pray EFCC doesnt fall on you.
most of our artists did not go to school or went to school but lack brain. Make him ask why sulieman humble, he thinks it's just to come out and type shit, if aboki get him time, e go release album take apologise.

1 Like

Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by Nobody: 6:53am On Jul 18, 2017
PREBuhari2019:
I support APC. Ffuck Peter Okoye

AfoNj'ala Kitikpa lacha gi anya
Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by Collyno82(m): 6:53am On Jul 18, 2017
dumebiifeanyi:
The All Progressives Congress(APC) youth renaissance group has fired a stinker at Peter Okoye of P-square for insulting the Federal government of Nigeria.

In a statement signed by the group's national secretary, Mr Collins Edwin and made available to PoliticsNGR, the APC described Okoye as a 'son of darkness'.

The statement read in full;

We read the scurrilous remarks credited to Mr Peter Okoye of the Psquare group against the Federal Government's job-saving policy in the entertainment industry with great anger and vexation.

Least of all persons to make scathing remark against the government is the Psquare group which the local content policy of the Federal Government dusted-up from the valley of obscurity.

Where was Peter Okoye or Psquare brand in 1999 when foreign music dominated our airwaves? If not for the government policy which mandated all broadcast stations in Nigeria to pay attention to Nigerian music by playing 95 percent of Nigerian songs every day, would Peter Okoye or Psquare be known to anybody in Nigeria today? Or would they have competed with better American music which dominated our airwaves then?

After the government have used its policy to brush them up from nothing to something; instead of giving opportunity to other people, they are taking Nigerian jobs to foreign countries through the shooting of music videos abroad.

Now that government have intervened to raise great and better entertainers again, Peter Okoye has the gut to insult the entire Federal Government by calling our great leaders 'Ndi Ala' which means mad and stupid people. How dare you say that Psquare?

We, therefore, urge the security agencies in the country to arrest Mr Peter Okoye for disrespecting our government and bringing it to a disrepute. If you cannot produce in Nigeria and hire Nigerians, then leave the industry.We must export Nigerian culture to the outside world through our music and videos.

http://politicsngr.com/2017/07/17/son-darkness-apc-blasts-peter-okoye-insulting-fg/
Rubbish. until they stop importing NYSC kits from China, that will even provide more jobs
Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by Nobody: 6:53am On Jul 18, 2017
The fact is that 99.9% of those defending psquare
(1) don't understand what the "foreign music production" is all about
(2) don't know what exactly the ban is all about
(3) don't understand the implication of the ban on our economy
(3) don't know how needless it is to produce most of your music videos abroad, as an indeginous artiste. Nollywood can say better on that.
(4) they don't understand the implication of calling a sitting administration "ndi ala", all because of such a flimsy reason.
Under normal sense, why would you sing a club song as 'limpopo' and take the video to spain to shoot? Its all because of the shoot it abroad craze. Btw, by saying the things the past administrations did wrong does not condemn the good they did! Obasanjo is still being praised til today for the coming of the telecoms. Why must you comment on a thread that you obviously don't even understand, and be so judgemental? People dey oo
Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by ahmedbanj(m): 6:53am On Jul 18, 2017
I have neva seen any past presidency as clueless as dis APC govt,dey are just bunch of morons who have no first-hand knowledge in anything thats gonna aid economy development!
foolish selfish leaders...
Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by Pylony(m): 6:54am On Jul 18, 2017
I believe in Nigeria and Nigerians as an entity, but not our useless clip of Politicians who are always united when it come to the sharing of National cake in "Ghana most go bags," yet they'll preach over the patronage of Domestic contents by all from ear to ear but are the same people to break it.

They still sponsor their children to go to the best schools abroad while the ones you and i attend are more or less a shithole, when they and their family members are ill they fly them abroad for treatment, while the local hospitals are without all the necessary consumerables no wonder we have a president going to give his life in the hands of foreigners in the name of getting the best medical treatment when we have some of the best qualified Doctors in the world.

A country with More than 50years of oil exploration but nothing to show for it in the fibers of the Nation and its people apart from poverty and grief. They are now our colonial masters who exploit the weak for their greedy gains. Look around you, all the chaos in this country has the hands of the rich and mighty in blood and not a commoner who can't feed 3times a day, or go buy an Ak47 to kill. We always thought that those thousands of cows the Fulani go about with to belong to them most of the time, but its a fact, i tell you most belong to our greedy politicians, so the arm them with assault rifles to kill with impunity.

And when they are done looting the nation dry, the go to places like Dubai to buy the most expensive buildings, are these people calling them selves politicians not jackass hypocrates to have now thought of focusing their attention on the Entertainment industry, where were they when our abled youths through sweat and hard work strive to make it what is is today? And if they so preach about Change, it should start wit them, we all know they do worst damage to the Nation than any one of us?

Show me a Politician that has nothing to do with foreign contents in Nigeria then Peter is wrong to have cooked that insult at them.
Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by Nosikebit(m): 6:55am On Jul 18, 2017
jt2010:

How does the said growth in the industry reflect on our GDP. what about the billions of naira BOI advance to the industry.

The policy to my best view is aimed towards tapping the industry to boost Nigeria economy in terms of attract more tourist to Nigeria, employ the unemployed, improve man power and technical know how within the industry.

Nigeria is has a market for their music, so let us tap the advance when we still do it's call opportunity cost.
in what manner will the policy help it .. by restricting its creativity Come on think ... That industry is already employing a lot of youths. The make up artistes are nigerians, the directors are nigerians, the models 80 percent are nigerians, the the producers are nigerians ... That industry has done its bit ... Even if clearence peters is going to heaven to shoot a video its still employed nigerians that makes up his crew so whats ur point . Ask yourself why mtv always host mama awards in south africa . Thats because they have event centres that match international standards. And out artistes go there to recieve awards yearly which means at least once a year entertainers from all over the globe visits south africa and spend their money in south africa which is good for the economy. WHY HAVEN'T THIS GOVT THOUGHT OF BUILDING AN EVENT CENTRE THAT WOULD BEAT THAT OF SOUTH AFRICANS SO THAT WE COULD HAVE A CHANCE TO ATTRACT THESE ENTERTAINMENT GIANTS TO GRCE OUR COUNTRY THEREBY HELPING OUR COUNTRY'S ECONOMY THROUGH TOURISM ... RESTRICTING MOVEMENT IS STUPID .. INVESTMENT IS KEY TO MAKE ANY INDUSTRY THRIVE
Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by muffyt05: 6:57am On Jul 18, 2017
Now I believe the future of Nigeria is doomed if the youths cannot see the economic benefit of what the government is trying to do but only to attach political/personal sentiments to issues like this.
Chiefly among what the benefits will be include
1. Conservation of foreign exchange
2. Employment generation
3. Improved infrastructures
4. Improved standard of living
5. Improved FDI as multinational entertainment firms will be attracted to Nigeria.
6. Can go on and on stating the economic benefits
Someone should tell thebP-square how badly they goofed cos an Obasanjo would make their successful career a history in less than 2 years just same way he took care of Idris Abdulkareem's
Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by pweetiedee(m): 6:57am On Jul 18, 2017
Jflex07:
go and give your boyfriend a Mouth Gig and gerrarahia

How does that relate with this?

you don't have to tell me that before I do.

its obvious those r d kind of songs you love...aburo lil kesh anti Olamide.

smh!
Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by pweetiedee(m): 6:58am On Jul 18, 2017
Jflex07:
go and give your boyfriend a Mouth Gig and gerrarahia

How does that relate with this?

you don't have to tell me that before I do.

its obvious those r kind of songs you love...aburo lil kesh ati Olamide.

smh!
Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by jt2010: 6:59am On Jul 18, 2017
Nosikebit:
in what manner will the policy help it .. by restricting its creativity Come on think ... That industry is already employing a lot of youths. The make up artistes are nigerians, the directors are nigerians, the models 80 percent are nigerians, the the producers are nigerians ... That industry has done its bit ... Even if clearence peters is going to heaven to shoot a video its still employed nigerians that makes up his crew so whats ur point . Ask yourself why mtv always host mama awards in south africa . Thats because they have event centres that match international standards. And out artistes go there to recieve awards yearly which means at least once a year entertainers from all over the globe visits south africa and spend their money in south africa which is good for the economy. WHY HAVEN'T THIS GOVT THOUGHT OF BUILDING AN EVENT CENTRE THAT WOULD BEAT THAT OF SOUTH AFRICANS SO THAT WE COULD HAVE A CHANCE TO ATTRACT THESE ENTERTAINMENT GIANTS TO GRCE OUR COUNTRY THEREBY HELPING OUR COUNTRY'S ECONOMY THROUGH TOURISM ... RESTRICTING MOVEMENT IS STUPID .. INVESTMENT IS KEY TO MAKE ANY INDUSTRY THRIVE

who is the songs and video for? let us start from there.

Are you saying creative in d song is done from abroad because I still cannot get why this restriction of creative's seem to be coming from?
Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by pweetiedee(m): 7:00am On Jul 18, 2017
muffyt05:
Now I believe the future of Nigeria is doomed if the youths cannot see the economic benefit of what the government is trying to do but only to attach political/personal sentiments to issues like this.
Chiefly among what the benefits will be include
1. Conservation of foreign exchange
2. Employment generation
3. Improved infrastructures
4. Improved standard of living
5. Improved FDI as multinational entertainment firms will be attracted to Nigeria.
6. Can go on and on stating the economic benefits
Someone should tell thebP-square how badly they goofed cos an Obasanjo would make their successful career a history in less than 2 years just same way he took care of Idris Abdulkareem's

Tell this to Jflex07 and those liking and sharing his yeye post.
Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by pweetiedee(m): 7:02am On Jul 18, 2017
Danzakidakura:
stupid APC bunch of liars ,buhari will die isha allahu.

that's someone's husband and father o, you hear. What ever you wish others will come to you.
Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by Collyno82(m): 7:04am On Jul 18, 2017
hardywaltz:
Peter was very foolish for making that statement.
fg is even more foolish for trying to dust up DAT myopic policy

2 Likes

Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by Nosikebit(m): 7:06am On Jul 18, 2017
jt2010:

who is the songs and video for? let us start from there.
dont contradict yourself... In a business if your customers dont like your products you cant continue production of that product. so in the same vein if nigerians never liked the foreign shot videos or films these entertainers would have stopped doing so a long time ago. But the fact that foreign production increases these days it speaks volume of what the consumer wants. Which at the end of the day are nigerians . Come to think of it we have many videos shot in nigeria. Its just a matter of choice and the concept of ur video

1 Like

Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by mikejj(m): 7:06am On Jul 18, 2017
i just dey observe apc una neva reduce bag of rice money na,video una won ban for oyibo land.abeg mk i c front jawe,una want mk nepa cary light in d process of shooting video.

2 Likes

Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by immazion972: 7:07am On Jul 18, 2017
PREBuhari2019:
because he is a biafian
Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by ikgabriel(m): 7:09am On Jul 18, 2017
U need sense sha, oh sori I jus saw ur username. Ode
PREBuhari2019:
Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by Collyno82(m): 7:10am On Jul 18, 2017
QuitNotice:
The fact is that 99.9% of those defending psquare
(1) don't understand what the "foreign music production" is all about
(2) don't know what exactly the ban is all about
(3) don't understand the implication of the ban on our economy
(3) don't know how needless it is to produce most of your music videos abroad, as an indeginous artiste. Nollywood can say better on that.
(4) they don't understand the implication of calling a sitting administration "ndi ala", all because of such a flimsy reason.
Under normal sense, why would you sing a club song as 'limpopo' and take the video to spain to shoot? Its all because of the shoot it abroad craze. Btw, by saying the things the past administrations did wrong does not condemn the good they did! Obasanjo is still being praised til today for the coming of the telecoms. Why must you comment on a thread that you obviously don't even understand, and be so judgemental? People dey oo
but I understood wat it means to import fuel (PMS)by the same fg who crave to provide jobs
Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by seguno2: 7:12am On Jul 18, 2017
Stupid, senseless jobless youths.
Have they arrested Buhari for going abroad for treatment after banning government officials from doing the same
The same Buhari who budgeted more money for the Aso Rock clinic than the Teaching hospitals combined?
Buhari and APC are a terrible curse on our land.
They must be swept away to cleanse our country.

1 Like

Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by Nosikebit(m): 7:12am On Jul 18, 2017
Mr JT2010 tell the apc govt to build powerful event centres that can host the biggest award shows in the world so that giants such as MTV, CHANNEL O, BET who knows maybe grammys grin could be tempted to grace our country and help our already dead tourism sector .. thats the way a 21st century govt thinks and not by restricting people. Is this 1960?
Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by jt2010: 7:13am On Jul 18, 2017
Nosikebit:
dont contradict yourself... In a business if your customers dont like your products you cant continue production of that product. so in the same vein if nigerians never liked the foreign shot videos or films these entertainers would have stopped doing so a long time ago. But the fact that foreign production increases these days it speaks volume of what the consumer wants. Which at the end of the day is nigerians . Come to think of it we have many videos shot in nigeria. Its just a matter of choice and the concept of ur video

my previous post address the issue of government using this policy to macro manage the contents distributed to the Nigeria viewers and like noted, the policy take about growth of the local content in music videos and restriction not bad.

All of this are not casting stone, the artists should engage the government to work out balance policy than for one to just drop away the idea under no basic alternative.
Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by Jflex07(m): 7:15am On Jul 18, 2017
pweetiedee:

Tell this to Jflex07 and those liking and sharing his yeye post.
you are hypocrite.Do you know how much would also have been saved if the government make our hospitals function? develop our universities to world standard,create good tourism development. Do you know the job opportunities it would have also created? Advice this clueless government first and then I can take you seriouslying

1 Like

Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by Collins4u1(m): 7:16am On Jul 18, 2017
adem30:
to say the fact Peter okoye is very stupid to make that statement. He think its only his talent that brought him to where he is now? Useless boy. who your money help? when they get to the top they never want another person to rise through them

shutup cunt, that medical bills wasting at UK, how about spending it here in the Zoo?
Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by holysainbj(m): 7:17am On Jul 18, 2017
It beats my imagination to know that some people are supporting the FG on this
Is this how loopsided our reasoning have become? Is this how decayed our minds have turned within 2yrs of APC rule? Is this sentimental we have become?

A president, I mean president of the country is outside the shores of the country for medical care and is banning people from also taking their own problems outside
Like isn't this supposed to be a joke?
Are we really going to be at loggerheads even when we know the truth but for allegiance sake, tribal sake, religious sake turn a blind eye
May God help us all, we'll survive against all odds

1 Like

Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by ikgabriel(m): 7:17am On Jul 18, 2017
My person, see Me see naija govt. Well I don't know who's more active in removing fools. Seun or lala, cos d comments u get from some pipu makes u wonder aw were dey born. Peter was only sighting wat u jus said oooo. Our president has been in d UK hospital for over one month now paying heavily, does dat mean we don't have health facilities here? Aw many places can we say is very good for music production? I don't even want to start saying more, cos dis govt never excites Me for once.
kettykin:

Point of correction hypcritical and satanic APC , it was the PDP government that was responsible for the regeneration of the Music industry with the Government policy that mandated the playing of 95 percent of Nigerian songs every day.

What P square wants to know is how would the hypocrits who still purchase foreign made vehicles , buy foreign made shoes , go to foreign hospitals for checkup and treatments now decide to ban foreign music production.

Please discerning Nigerians, APC government does not mean well for Nigeria, they have not grown Nigerian rice industry neither have they encouraged Nollywood , all they want is to kill our indigenous musicians career , through scorched earth policies and highly jaundiced ethnic manipulations

1 Like

Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by jt2010: 7:18am On Jul 18, 2017
Nosikebit:
Mr JT2010 tell the apc govt to build powerful event centres that can host the biggest award shows in the world so that giants such as MTV, CHANNEL O, BET who knows maybe grammys grin could be tempted to grace our country and help our already dead tourism sector .. thats the way a 21st century govt thinks and not by restricting people. Is this 1960?

Contents drive the entertainment industry. is mtv or channel o a physical structure, all of this are contents

1 Like

Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by emecheboy2(m): 7:19am On Jul 18, 2017
adem30:

You are a fool. where was it written in the write up that APC brought the Policy? is APC the Federal Government Nigeria ever have?

Must you insult someone. Why don't you just make your point and leave the rest for everyone to understand what you are talking about.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply)

Actor Mufutau Sanni, Ajigijaga Is Dead / Obi Cubana Mother's Burial: List Of Donations So Far / Meet Rolanda Rochelle, Liz Benson Lookalike (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.