Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,845 members, 7,813,856 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:56 PM

APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness - Celebrities (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness (96358 Views)

May D: While Living With P'square, I Slept On TV Carton In Their Boys Quarters / Bbnaija: Efe Visits P'square Banana Island Mansion (Photos) / Aliko Dangote Visits P'square In Their New Home (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by CharlotteFlair: 3:19am On Jul 18, 2017
jt2010:
The set of kids running around Nairaland nowadays lack simple and deep reasoning. First the article talk about local content as part of FG policy.

The same set of kids take pride in Aba made and Nnewi made even when some of those products are merely assembled and label in Aba but now choose to stupid snd selective in reasoning about the call for local content in the production of music video.

How many musical video's has south African shots in Nigeria. Every government policy comes with its gains' and it's pains'.

The same local content introduces in the oil and gas industrial allow so many of your brothers and sisters working in shell, total etc to keep such jobs at the expense of the exptrate's.

Just like Trump said, America first, so for me I support Nigeria first.
Start by asking yourself, is there an enabling environment for these artists to shoot all their videos in Nigeria?

Then ask yourself again what moral right the government has to tell anybody not to carry out their businesses abroad or wherever when they (govt) themselves are the number one culprit?

Narrowing it down to APC, didn't buhari go abroad to treat an ordinary ear infection after making big statements about how his government was going to discourage medical tourism? Didn't they import grass from Brazil? What about the lavish lifestyle of your leaders? All their children school abroad. Their big expensive cars! Expensive holidays abroad! Their weddings in Dubai!

What am I even saying...the chief culprit after budgeting billions for aso rock hospital has since spent 66days in a London hospice while Airforce1 costs Nigeria $6000 everyday waiting for a president that has joined his ancestors. Smh!

1 Like

Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by jt2010: 3:24am On Jul 18, 2017
Eluwilussit:

Do you know anything about free market? If they care about local industries that much, what is bubu doing in UK? Why do they all run to overseas for vacation? Why do their wards all school abroad?

I don't know how old you are, but when Buhari came on board the first time, all his policies killed most industries in the South. He is doing the same, while trying to hoodwinke the gullible masses.

Forget about who will benefit from the policy on a short term basis, on the long run, this policy will kill the industry. International collaboration in the entertainment industry is key to its success and survival. Sharing of ideas and upgrades will do more good than bad.

Our entertainment industry gains more through exposure to the global best practices. Let the proponents use made in Nigeria products first before they tell others how and where to spend their money.

Trust the North at your peril. Some of us see the end of the game before they push the first pawn. You spent billions on Aso clinic but run to UK for checkups, while our presidential jet is accruing unnecessary cost daily, only to turn around to tell others how to live their lives. Nonsense. angry

Let us stop talking in general terms. Mention one country that practice free market economy even the usa. did you bother to understand what trade deals between country means.

Trump won because of protective trades policy called America first which mean you have to use/employed American or America products first over any other nations.

Before kenny/D1 comes into the naija music industry, did you hear anything called naija hip hop. Na Fela, Fuji musician and the likes of Olive De koko grin etc be the known naija artists.

Shooting their music videos to international standard with local scenes will promote tourist. what exposure does shooting the videos in SA play in their collaboration with international artists.

How many of the international artists understand some of the naija words in their soge lyrics.

my point is am not for band but I totally support at least 65% local content in their music videos.

so instead of them to complain, the artist should be creative to promote that.
Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by jt2010: 3:30am On Jul 18, 2017
CharlotteFlair:
Start by asking yourself, is there an enabling environment for these artists to shoot all their videos in Nigeria?

Then ask yourself again what moral right the government has to tell anybody not to carry out their businesses abroad or wherever when they (govt) themselves are the number one culprit?

Narrowing it down to APC, didn't buhari go abroad to treat an ordinary ear infection after making big statements about how his government was going to discourage medical tourism? Didn't they import grass from Brazil? What about the lavish lifestyle of your leaders? All their children school abroad. Their big expensive cars! Expensive holidays abroad! Their weddings in Dubai!

What am I even saying...the chief culprit after budgeting billions for aso rock hospital has since spent 66days in a London hospice while Airforce1 costs Nigeria $6000 everyday waiting for a president that has joined his ancestors. Smh!

First, governance is not by moral but formulating policies to grow the economy. please ask some other countries why they restrict the kind of music, news and even internet usage.

What did you understand by enabling environment, this kind of reasoning is why some people will import substandard products and still right about it.
Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by olayiwola4u(m): 3:30am On Jul 18, 2017
PREBuhari2019:
I support APC. Ffuck Peter Okoye

PREBuhari, I support APC, too.
Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by CharlotteFlair: 3:40am On Jul 18, 2017
jt2010:

First, governance is not by moral but formulating policies to grow the economy. please ask some other countries why they restrict the kind of music, news and even internet usage.

What did you understand by enabling environment, this kind of reasoning is why some people will import substandard products and still right about it.

By enabling environment I mean the infrastructure needed to pull these videos off. Do we have the power supply, the locations, the equipment and adequate man power with the technical know how. I'm surprised these didn't strike you. Even in nollywood, their greatest challenge is locations.

Govt not run on morals? Morals is not same as religious. Are you saying the " change begins with me" was all just noise and no substance? If you are leader, you must lead by example or you give way.

What you call substandard goods are appreciated because they are all we got as the government doesn't invest in it's own entrepreneurs except they be those who can give them huge kick backs and sponsor coups and elections for them.
Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by teozey111(m): 3:42am On Jul 18, 2017
adem30:

You are a fool. where was it written in the write up that APC brought the Policy? is APC the Federal Government Nigeria ever have?
you are more foolish than a goat can ever be

1 Like

Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by eph12(m): 3:48am On Jul 18, 2017
jt2010:

Let us stop talking in general terms. Mention one country that practice free market economy even the usa. did you bother to understand what trade deals between country means.

Trump won because of protective trades policy called America first which mean you have to use/employed American or America products first over any other nations.

Before kenny/D1 comes into the naija music industry, did you hear anything called naija hip hop. Na Fela, Fuji musician and the likes of Olive De koko grin etc be the known naija artists.

Shooting their music videos to international standard with local scenes will promote tourist. what exposure does shooting the videos in SA play in their collaboration with international artists.

How many of the international artists understand some of the naija words in their soge lyrics.

my point is am not for band but I totally support at least 65% local content in their music videos.

Do you know why they shoot videos outside the country?

Why is the entertainment industry the focus now? You know the saying that charity begins at home. If only this FG has developed our hospitals and prevent Nigerians from spending millions of dollars outside this country will Peter have any point? Is Buhari in a Nigerian hospital? Did he create any job by being treated by Nigerians?
Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by Lakesandspring: 3:59am On Jul 18, 2017
Dedetwo:

APC and the cesspit called Nigeria are dumbass basement fools. Besides the entertainment sector where the artist's talent is paramount, where else have the idiotic APC and foolish government of Nigeria improved the outlook of the society?

All I can say is you are senseless and you should go to school to be educated because it's only illiterates that can't see good in this govt's policy.

1 Like

Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by Eluwilussit(m): 4:03am On Jul 18, 2017
jt2010:

So it is in the entertainment industry that they want to start their patriotism? Which of the people in government vacation in Nigeria? Who among them drive locally made vehicles? How many of them use locally made products of any kind? Where are all their children? Who do they marry? They secure their future and turn around to tell others how to live their lives.

Talking about American job for Americans, u missed the point. Trump is saying that the jobs in America belongs to Americans. He is not in any way asking Americans not to invest in anywhere but America. He does not have that right. Nobody does in a democratic setting.

SA has better infrastructure and a far more developed tourist industry than naija. Shooting a movie there is sure more appealing than in naija. At least you are sure there will not be power outage. Our politicians don't have the moral ground to dictate to private citizens on how to spend their money.

Americans are the biggest tourists. Nobody tells them how to live their lives. Quit supporting a useless government. I can bet u that u don't even live in naija sef, so u may not understand completely how angry people are.
Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by jt2010: 4:05am On Jul 18, 2017
CharlotteFlair:
By enabling environment I mean the infrastructure needed to pull these videos off. Do we have the power supply, the locations, the equipment and adequate man power with the technical know how. I'm surprised these didn't strike you. Even in nollywood, their greatest challenge is locations.

Govt not run on morals? Morals is not same as religious. Are you saying the " change begins with me" was all just noise and no substance? If you are leader, you must lead by example or you give way.

What you call substandard goods are appreciated because they are all we got as the government doesn't invest in it's own entrepreneurs except they be those who can give them huge kick backs and sponsor coups and elections for them.

You choose to think Nigeria have shortage of infrastructure like locations to shot music videos by linking it to home videos but u fail to understand that so many music videos are shots in a single studio abroad by just changing the art works and background.

Nigeria do not have adequate manpower or technical know how to shot music videos U Living in the Nigeira of the 79s. I will advise that u should not just watch the musical video's, check the direct and product by after the video to see so many Nigerian's that can match world class music video directors.

Ok, power issue, why we all note this concern but it is not a full proof to productions, compare so many manufacturing companies in Nigeria running on Generator to just a music video that can be completed within 60 hours.

on the issue of substandard goods are appreciated by you, I will choose to say little because you understand of government duties seem vague. The same policy you are here speaking against is gear to boosting
entrepreneurs by providing them opportunities to proof themselves but I guess your undertanding of government investing in entrepreneurs is given them loan.

1 Like

Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by Nobody: 4:08am On Jul 18, 2017
Have anyone not noticed that the directors of these music videos are Nigerians?

Patrick Ellis, Clarence Peters , Mr Moe , Unlimited LA and so many others...APC as usual will continue to take the glory of "previous" administrations a good example will be the railways.

APC has no plan...APC is a scam...APC is a kiosk trying to be a mall without any plan...APC is the end of Nigeria.

And the lady below has summarised a good tactics they are going to use.

1 Like

Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by Saintmary(f): 4:13am On Jul 18, 2017
Oh, my people, hunger is a strategic tool that will be used in 2019 elections. Immunize yourselves from hunger. A hungry man can not reason well.
Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by jt2010: 4:14am On Jul 18, 2017
eph12:

Do you know why they shoot videos outside the country?

Why is the entertainment industry the focus now? You know the saying that charity begins at home. If only this FG has developed our hospitals and prevent Nigerians from spending millions of dollars outside this country will Peter have any point? Is Buhari in a Nigerian hospital? Did he create any job by being treated by Nigerians?

Nigeria is not a piece of cloth where you throw away to get new one to start completely. You priorities your policies to be able to achieve maximum effects.

Am not the government spokesman but I support the Nigeria project and any policy to boost Nigeria contents which will generate employment for the unemployed and create more opportunities for our entrepreneurs.

1 Like

Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by CharlotteFlair: 4:24am On Jul 18, 2017
jt2010:

You choose to think Nigeria have shortage of infrastructure like locations to shot music videos by linking it to home videos but u fail to understand that so many music videos are shots in a single studio abroad by just changing the art works and background.

Nigeria do not have adequate manpower or technical know how to shot music videos U Living in the Nigeira of the 79s. I will advise that u should not just watch the musical video's, check the direct and product by after the video to see so many Nigerian's that can match world class music video directors.

Ok, power issue, why we all note this concern but it is not a full proof to productions, compare so many manufacturing companies in Nigeria running on Generator to just a music video that can be completed within 60 hours.

on the issue of substandard goods are appreciated by you, I will choose to say little because you understand of government duties seem vague. The same policy you are here speaking against is gear to boosting
entrepreneurs by providing them opportunities to proof themselves but I guess your undertanding of government investing in entrepreneurs is given them loan.
Oga let's wait and see, the proposed policy won't even see the light of the day. Lair Mohammed has his own methods of staying relevant.
Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by Nobody: 4:25am On Jul 18, 2017
jt2010:

Nigeria is not a piece of cloth where you throw away to get new one to start completely. You priorities your policies to be able to achieve maximum effects.

Am not the government spokesman but I support the Nigeria project and any policy to boost Nigeria contents which will generate employment for the unemployed and create more opportunities for our entrepreneurs.

What other Nigerian content do you want?

Music Producer, Nigerian.

Music Director, Nigerian.

Videographers, editors and sound mixers Nigerians...

Ogbeni to sell international they are shooting their videos internationally; production and post-production is done in Nigeria, so what other Nigerian content do you want?

2 Likes

Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by jt2010: 4:26am On Jul 18, 2017
Eluwilussit:

Talking about American job for Americans, u missed the point. Trump is saying that the jobs in America belongs to Americans. He is not in any way asking Americans not to invest in anywhere but America. He does not have that right. Nobody does in a democratic setting.

SA has better infrastructure and a far more developed tourist industry than naija. Shooting a movie there is sure more appealing than in naija. At least you are sure there will not be power outage. Our politicians don't have the moral ground to dictate to private citizens on how to spend their money.

Please provide one dirext statement from Trump that America jobs is for American. Americans are not the only people living in America. did you understand the meaning of the border tax, restriction on foreign steels or timber from canada.

Government policy my friend is not dictate but macro framework to manage the economy.

This issue has nothing to do with government represtatives moral right but instead government formulating a sound policy to boost local and encourage more productions of music videos with high level of our local conent.
Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by jdrumx14(m): 4:26am On Jul 18, 2017
Apc youth una sure say una normal with the rubbish u are saying if u want them to shoot vids here bring our president let's treat him hear.
Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by jt2010: 4:30am On Jul 18, 2017
CharlotteFlair:
Oga let's wait and see, the proposed policy won't even see the light of the day. Lair Mohammed has his own methods of staying relevant.

my point is not about if the policy see the light of the day but some Nigeria deliberately refusing to see the opportunities that comes from the policy.
Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by jt2010: 4:32am On Jul 18, 2017
BroZuma:

What other Nigerian content do you want?

Music Producer, Nigerian.

Music Director, Nigerian.

Videographers, editors and sound mixers Nigerians.

Ogbeni to sell international they are shooting their videos internationally production and post-production is done in Nigeria, so what other Nigerian content do you want?

Mr. oga, who are the people buying international vs Nigeria home and abroad buying?
Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by Nobody: 4:33am On Jul 18, 2017
jt2010:

Mr. oga, who are the people buying international vs Nigeria home and abroad buying?

How do you think they get to go on tour to such countries as Sweden, Japan, US, Ukraine, Finland without producing videos to meet acceptable selling standards?

How many Nigerians use Spotify, Apple Music, Pandora, Tindal etc how many Nigerians care if you make Billboard top 10?

Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by eph12(m): 4:38am On Jul 18, 2017
jt2010:

Is this a clear case of do as I say don't do as I do?

Or are there different policies for government and different for citizens?
Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by Edum13656: 4:38am On Jul 18, 2017
arrested for what? I support Peter, Oya come and arrest me. na because Awusa ppl no de sing song...
Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by eph12(m): 4:40am On Jul 18, 2017
jt2010:

my point is not about if the policy see the light of the day but some Nigeria deliberately refusing to see the opportunities that comes from the policy.
No you're missing it. What some Nigerians are against is putting the cart before the horse which our government is doing.
Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by jt2010: 4:45am On Jul 18, 2017
BroZuma:

How do you think they get to go on tour to such countries as Sweden, Japan, US, Ukraine, Finland without producing videos to meet acceptable selling standards?

How many Nigerians use Spotify, Apple Music, Pandora, Tindal etc how many Nigerians care if you make Billboard top 10?

Check any of the naija artists tour in the so called countries to determine who attend such tours.

You are making it sound like the policy is to make them do less international standard videos which is far from my viewpoint of the policy.

Though, I see your point from your statement about what level of more local contents needed but I disagree with you on throwing away the baby with the birth water.

1 Like

Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by jt2010: 4:46am On Jul 18, 2017
eph12:

No you're missing it. What some Nigerians are against is putting the cart before the horse which our government is doing.

What did you mean by putting the cart before the horse?
Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by Eluwilussit(m): 4:48am On Jul 18, 2017
jt2010:

Please provide one dirext statement from Trump that America jobs is for American. Americans are not the only people living in America. did you understand the meaning of the border tax, restriction on foreign steels or timber from canada.

Government policy my friend is not dictate but macro framework to manage the economy.

This issue has nothing to do with government represtatives moral right but instead government formulating a sound policy to boost local and encourage more productions of music videos with high level of our local conent.

Did u read ur post? America stopping canadian timber from coming in, is an attempt to stop importation. Nigerian government is trying to stop those in entertainment industry from exporting their talents beyond Nigeria. They are opposite actions.

If you are a holder of the American Green Card or citizen, you are an American. It doesn't matter where you come from. Trump might not be altruistic in this regard, but at the end of the day, he is talking more about exporting America to the rest of the world, isntead of importing the whole world into America.

Our artists are very popular among Africans due to the fact that they export their trade to other African countries. Besides, how many of our artists can afford shooting movies abroad on regular basis? Government is simply becoming meddlesome.

Let them face their work first. Afterall this government has not shown any interest in the entertainment industry and in the masses.

1 Like

Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by Adedaniel211(m): 4:53am On Jul 18, 2017
PREBuhari2019:
I support APC. Ffuck Peter Okoye
Ffuck u too.
Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by eph12(m): 4:55am On Jul 18, 2017
jt2010:

What did you mean by putting the cart before the horse?
Government should do what is right first. They should stop buying or spending our money outside the country as simple as that. Did their kids not all school abroad? Why don't you ask them to send their kids to one of the hundreds of universities we have in this country? They should do the right thing if they want to be taken seriously.
Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by Nobody: 4:57am On Jul 18, 2017
jt2010:

Check any of the naija artists tour in the so called countries to determine who attend such tours.

You are making it sound like the policy is to make them do less international standard videos which is far from my viewpoint of the policy.

Though, I see your point from your statement about what level of more local contents needed but I disagree with you on throwing away the baby with the birth water.

And what baby will that be? The New Policy or the makers of the policy who do not understand the basics of making policies...
Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by mauricepricey: 4:59am On Jul 18, 2017
That's one funny thing over here in our country.... OK, Peter Okoye pointed out other sectors we should improve our so called local content on like the health sector, fashion and design and education sector which is worst than the music sector, instead of them to tackle the issue, they are tackling personality[b]That's one funny thing over here in our country.... OK, Peter Okoye pointed out other sectors we should improve our so called local content on like the health sector, fashion and design and education sector which is worst than the music sector, instead of them to tackle the issue, they are tackling personality...when will Nigeria ever leave sentiments apart in our mode of reasoning?[/b]That's one funny thing over here in our country.... OK, Peter Okoye pointed out other sectors we should improve our so called local content on like the health sector, fashion and design and education sector which is worst than the music sector, instead of them to tackle the issue, they are tackling personality
Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by nonye487(f): 5:02am On Jul 18, 2017
What is the source of this news? We should be able to verify the accuracy before criticizing any party.
Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by jt2010: 5:03am On Jul 18, 2017
Eluwilussit:

Did u read ur post? America stopping canadian timber from coming in, is an attempt to stop importation. Nigerian government is trying to stop those in entertainment industry from exporting their talents beyond Nigeria. They are opposite actions.

If you are a holder of the American Green Card or citizen, you are an American. It doesn't matter where you come from. Trump might not be altruistic in this regard, but at the end of the day, he is talking more about exporting America to the rest of the world, isntead of importing the whole world into America.

Let them face their work first. Afterall this government has not shown any interest in the entertainment industry and in the masses.

I don seem to understand the logic behind your statement about America stop Canada timber from coming into America and how that play to stopping exporting Nigeria music by introduction of more local content.

For the record, America did not stop Canada timber but restrict and introduce board tax on it. Again, the local content policy is restriction and not band, to increase more local content in the music video.

Again, your definition of an American in America content can put you in front of judge for felony.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Meet Rolanda Rochelle, Liz Benson Lookalike (Photos) / Boston Roland: "I Had Sex With Mercy Aigbe Severally, I Have Pictures" / Wizkid Wore N2.3M Jacket To His Starboy Fest In London (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.