Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,751 members, 7,813,470 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:41 PM

APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness - Celebrities (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness (96348 Views)

May D: While Living With P'square, I Slept On TV Carton In Their Boys Quarters / Bbnaija: Efe Visits P'square Banana Island Mansion (Photos) / Aliko Dangote Visits P'square In Their New Home (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by azimibraun: 5:58am On Jul 18, 2017
Danzakidakura:
stupid APC bunch of liars ,buhari will die isha allahu.
guy, listen to me. Forget anger, forget foolishness, forget Nairaland. Just go down on your knees and beg God for forgiveness. I see evil coming your way and going to be very devastating. You wish somebody death by the grace of God? I don't think you are a Muslim. And muslims who use Insha allah to wish people death don't live longer than those people. I beg you, pray to God and buy Akara or just any food or give little money to poor people. It will make God give you a second chance.
Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by Princedapace(m): 6:00am On Jul 18, 2017
jt2010:

this country will continue to be lacking if people can not reason to navigate Government policy to their advantage.

Everybody want gold but not ready to go through fire to bring out the shine in gold.

The govt needs to fix stuff first before a private individual will invest in it.. Bro, if u are giving opportunity to invest somewhere with stable electricity and water, won't u gladly invest there? Private individuals are here to make money and govt is here to serve the people. We are paying these leaders bro. My tax is been deducted from my salary every month to pay these leaders too.. I pay tax from goods I buy to services I get, all because of this country and I'm sure u are doing same. This means the govt needs to serve us. They should ban their serving officials first from seeking medical abroad, education , tourism, use of cars etc... When they do this, they will save our foreign reserve and create more jobs for the economy.. They can fix electricity, water supply, increase security etc.. This will prompt private individuals to invest in the economy. Bro business doesn't av sentiment. U can't expect me to kill my self for the country when the leaders who are been paid to serve the country are not ready to do same. No, that is not possible because the country is not paying me. These leaders are well paid and are well pain too in pension scheme.
Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by Princedapace(m): 6:04am On Jul 18, 2017
Brugo:
They have a point. These local content policies actually helped Nigerian artistes back in the day. Then popular stations were all about foreign music.

There are nice locations in Nigeria for music videos. Patronise them.

There are nice hospitals, universities, tourist centres in nigeria, serving leaders should patrionize them.. Serving leaders are paid to serve the country, artists are not paid, they earn the money.. U can't decide for them what to do in order to make profit.
Govt officials are paid from tax payers money to serve.. They should patronize our hospitals, schools, shops, cars, clothes etc. They are paid for godsake.. When are we citizens going to av sense.. These leaders are paid to serve.. Habaaa

4 Likes

Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by Nosikebit(m): 6:04am On Jul 18, 2017
jt2010:

so your advise is to wait to fix the country. Then we can use the same logic of yours for them to wait for the country to be fix before they sell their foreign shot videos after all we are a country and not a colonial.
sometimes its good to question urself b4 delivering any statement ... What's more important to nigerians now? If you are being asked what needs urgent fixing right now in nigeria what would ur answer be? Is it davido or psquare dat goes to south africa to shoot videos for their music or nigerian hospitals where people die daily
because of lack of facilities or an economy where a 1st class graduate is begging for a 30k per month job... Companies are folding up everyday, crime rate is increasing, our young girls hv legalized runs as a honest job .. its bad news everywhere.. the masses dont care where videos are shot even the entertainers are not asking for your help . Listen to the cry of the masses they are the ones asking for help

1 Like

Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by Eluwilussit(m): 6:05am On Jul 18, 2017
jt2010:

I don seem to understand the logic behind your statement about America stop Canada timber from coming into America and how that play to stopping exporting Nigeria music by introduction of more local content.

For the record, America did not stop Canada timber but restrict and introduce board tax on it. Again, the local content policy is restriction and not band, to increase more local content in the music video.

Again, your definition of an American in America content can put you in front of judge for felony.

I don't really get what you are trying to say. You seem to be everywhere with your argument. Please, do tell, is there any bigger melting pot than America? What do you understand by American dream? How does anything i say amount to felony?

So you think that it is only in Nigeria that our entertainment products are consumed? Look, anything that will sell our products is a great idea.

It was u who brought in America, Canada and timber. I only tried to point out that one is import while the other is export. We increase our market by expanding our areas of operations. It is okay to shoot videos anywhere in the world.

It helps in creativity and adds some new dimensions to our talents and industry. Our government has failed succesively since independence. Therefore, it behooves them to allow market forces determine what happens in that sector.

A government that doesn't know its left from right cant decide how people spend their cash. Everything Trump is doing, is within his portfolio and it is not about where Americans go but more of who and what is coming into America.

5 Likes

Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by Nosikebit(m): 6:07am On Jul 18, 2017
Eluwilussit:

I don't really get what you are trying to say. You seem to be everywhere with your argument. Please, do tell, is there any bigger melting pot than America? What do you understand by American dream? How does anything i say amount to felony?

So you think that it is only in Nigeria that our entertainment products are consumed? Look, anything that will sell our products is a great idea.

It was u who brought in America, Canada and timber. I only tried to point out that one is import while the other is export. We increase our market by expanding our areas of operations. It is okay to shoot videos anywhere in the world.

It helps in creativity and adds some new dimensions to our talents and industry. Our government has failed succesively since independence. Therefore, it behooves them to allow market forces determine what happens in that sector.

A government that doesn't know its left from right cant decide how people spend their cash. Everything Trump is doing, is within his portfolio and it is not about where Americans go but more of who and what is coming into America.
this one is very sensible, ur comment is very refreshing

1 Like

Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by EDDGgold: 6:08am On Jul 18, 2017
dumebiifeanyi:
The All Progressives Congress(APC) youth renaissance group has fired a stinker at Peter Okoye of P-square for insulting the Federal government of Nigeria.

In a statement signed by the group's national secretary, Mr Collins Edwin and made available to PoliticsNGR, the APC described Okoye as a 'son of darkness'.

The statement read in full;

We read the scurrilous remarks credited to Mr Peter Okoye of the Psquare group against the Federal Government's job-saving policy in the entertainment industry with great anger and vexation.

Least of all persons to make scathing remark against the government is the Psquare group which the local content policy of the Federal Government dusted-up from the valley of obscurity.

Where was Peter Okoye or Psquare brand in 1999 when foreign music dominated our airwaves? If not for the government policy which mandated all broadcast stations in Nigeria to pay attention to Nigerian music by playing 95 percent of Nigerian songs every day, would Peter Okoye or Psquare be known to anybody in Nigeria today? Or would they have competed with better American music which dominated our airwaves then?

After the government have used its policy to brush them up from nothing to something; instead of giving opportunity to other people, they are taking Nigerian jobs to foreign countries through the shooting of music videos abroad.

Now that government have intervened to raise great and better entertainers again, Peter Okoye has the gut to insult the entire Federal Government by calling our great leaders 'Ndi Ala' which means mad and stupid people. How dare you say that Psquare?

We, therefore, urge the security agencies in the country to arrest Mr Peter Okoye for disrespecting our government and bringing it to a disrepute. If you cannot produce in Nigeria and hire Nigerians, then leave the industry.We must export Nigerian culture to the outside world through our music and videos.

http://politicsngr.com/2017/07/17/son-darkness-apc-blasts-peter-okoye-insulting-fg/
this Apc led govt is becoming a monster everyday. How can a well sophisticated party release unethical statement to the public.it seem there is no freedom of speech anymore? May God help us

2 Likes

Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by UbChapter(m): 6:10am On Jul 18, 2017
This is absurd! APC government is indeed smelling according to FFK. Do they even realize the power that lies on this entertainers? If these people team up against them, APC/Buhari will be more useless than they are today. What kind of stinking Government is this? In Wike's face...

1 Like

Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by jt2010: 6:11am On Jul 18, 2017
Eluwilussit:

I will stop to reply you because u cannot seem to hold intellectual discussion. You talk about market forces but left trade balance out. you refer to green card and legal resident as American.

You state Trump is advocating protective trade and it is within his portfolio but Nigeria government cannot advocate a framework policy to boost local content.

Please am done with you on this subject.
Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by Nobody: 6:11am On Jul 18, 2017
kettykin:

Point of correction hypcritical and satanic APC , it was the PDP government that was responsible for the regeneration of the Music industry with the Government policy that mandated the playing of 95 percent of Nigerian songs every day.

What P square wants to know is how would the hypocrits who still purchase foreign made vehicles , buy foreign made shoes , go to foreign hospitals for checkup and treatments now decide to ban foreign music production.

Please discerning Nigerians, APC government does not mean well for Nigeria, they have not grown Nigerian rice industry neither have they encouraged Nollywood , all they want is to kill our indigenous musicians career , through scorched earth policies and highly jaundiced ethnic manipulations
Just shut up and read the article again, then read that sloppy post emanating from your inept mind.
Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by lexy2014: 6:13am On Jul 18, 2017
Nikbaebrown:

Nt Exactly My Point. There Are Better Ways Of Resolving Such Issues Without Throwing Tantrums At or Desparaging And Ridiculing Anybodies Reputation. The Path Peter Threaded Shows Hez Courageous, But If He'z Nt Prepared To Dance To The Tune Of The Music, Then Hez A Coward. You Cant Verbally Abuse Someone And Expect Them To Rule In Your Favour. Supposingly Such Policy Is Enacted And Executed, What Choice Has He Gat Other Than Relocating To An Already Made Country Like Hez Obliged To? I Like The Average Nigerian Bkuz We Are Good In Declaring Our Total Support For Celebs On Social Media Without Wanting To Champion The Cause Ourselves. When I Knw At The Latter End Peter Would Plead With Dangote To Interceede On His Behalf Inorder To Save His Silly Ass From Being Spanked? Its So Unfortunate We Are In A Messed Up System.
what are those better ways?

1 Like

Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by jt2010: 6:13am On Jul 18, 2017
Nosikebit:
sometimes its good to question urself b4 delivering any statement ... What's more important to nigerians now? If you are being asked what needs urgent fixing right now in nigeria what would ur answer be? Is it davido or psquare dat goes to south africa to shoot videos for their music or nigerian hospitals where people die daily
because of lack of facilities or an economy where a 1st class graduate is begging for a 30k per month job... Companies are folding up everyday, crime rate is increasing, our young girls hv legalized runs as a honest job .. its bad news everywhere.. the masses dont care where videos are shot even the entertainers are not asking for your help . Listen to the cry of the masses they are the ones asking for help

What is your point. South Africa and America are crime free olosho no dey America or people are not living below the poverty line in america?

No perfect country any where but the key is continuous improvement
Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by Nobody: 6:17am On Jul 18, 2017
CharlotteFlair:
I am telling you...imagine their so called youth wings talking like shekau and the vegetable in London? Freedom of speech is dead in this country.

Lol...
Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by UbChapter(m): 6:18am On Jul 18, 2017
adem30:

You are a fool. where was it written in the write up that APC brought the Policy? is APC the Federal Government Nigeria ever have?

I see confusion in you. Perhaps as confused as APC led federal government. In that same 1999, where was APC to help promote the industry that today wants to regulate same? If PDP didn't take that drastic move by ensuring Nigerian music is promoted, would the same APC led federal government have the interest they have in the industry today? Why is APC led Federal government so hypocritical?

2 Likes

Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by felix281(m): 6:18am On Jul 18, 2017
[quote author=adem30 post=58561000]to say the fact Peter okoye is very stupid to make that statement. He think its only his talent that brought him to where he is now? Useless boy. who your money help? when they get to the top they never want another person to rise through them[/quot

People dey for this life ooo,
why all this rubbish?
they put petrol for your garri?..
Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by ariwokoigbore(m): 6:19am On Jul 18, 2017
i am nt happy wit d way d country is moving
Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by proffc: 6:19am On Jul 18, 2017
adem30:

You are a fool. where was it written in the write up that APC brought the Policy? is APC the Federal Government Nigeria ever have?

Thank you. You have just put it succinctly!
Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by Nosikebit(m): 6:19am On Jul 18, 2017
jt2010:

I will stop to reply you because u cannot seem to hold intellectual discussion. You talk about market forces but left trade balance out. you refer to green card and legal resident as American.

You state Trump is advocating protective trade and it is within his portfolio but Nigeria government cannot advocate a framework policy to boost local content.

Please am done with you on this subject.
the entertainment industry is the only industry thats still growing rapidly despite the the economic downtown and non government interference so why do the govt think its wise to start placing some sort of embargo on the only industry selling nigeria positively in the international market ... We have a lot of more serious issues on ground .. let them focus on the more important ones , the entertainers never asked for this, so why bother themselves .. its better they channel that goodwill to more pressing issues . Thats what we yearn
Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by Nosikebit(m): 6:20am On Jul 18, 2017
Common sense fall on this govt

1 Like

Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by Nosikebit(m): 6:23am On Jul 18, 2017
jt2010:

What is your point. South Africa and America are crime free olosho no dey America or people are not living below the poverty line in america?

No perfect country any where but the key is continuous improvement then why not focus on what needs improvement ...
then why not focus on what needs improvement ... The entertainment industry is still booming . It doesnt need govt interference
Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by Dieumerci1: 6:25am On Jul 18, 2017
PREBuhari2019:
I support APC. Ffuck Peter Okoye
. You support APC on this but have you asked yourself why the APC and Nigerian president is being treated abroad while they should have created wealth also for local medical practitioners? #Leadbyexample

1 Like

Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by TheBawse(m): 6:28am On Jul 18, 2017
Will u keep quiet lipsrsealed. Are we in north Korea? Whats government's business where movie and video's are shot? Are there no more pressing issues to tackle. As i have come to realize, apc both senior and Junior are just a bunch of clowns who have no business governing.

1 Like

Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by jt2010: 6:32am On Jul 18, 2017
Nosikebit:
the entertainment industry is the only industry thats still growing rapidly despite the the economic downtown and non government interference so why do the govt think its wise to start placing some sort of embargo on the only industry selling nigeria positively in the international market ... We have a lot of more serious issues on ground .. let them focus on the more important ones , the entertainers never asked for this, so why bother themselves .. its better they channel that goodwill to more pressing issues . Thats what we yearn

How does the said growth in the industry reflect on our GDP. what about the billions of naira BOI advance to the industry.

The policy to my best view is aimed towards tapping the industry to boost Nigeria economy in terms of attract more tourist to Nigeria, employ the unemployed, improve man power and technical know how within the industry.

Nigeria is has a market for their music, so let us tap the advance when we still do it's call opportunity cost.
Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by chukuli(m): 6:33am On Jul 18, 2017
adem30:

u are an older fool
Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by Ahmeduana(m): 6:34am On Jul 18, 2017
PREBuhari2019:
I support APC. Ffuck Peter Okoye
LIKEWISE ME, ON THIS I SUPPORT THE GOVERMENT 1,000%, IS NIGERIA AND NIGERIANS THAT MADE P SQUARE AND THE REST OF THEM, WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO GIVE BACK TO THE SOCIETY THAT MAKE THEM, WHEN ARE THEY ALSO GOING TO CREATES MILLIONAIRES? NIGERIA HAVE BEAUTIFUL AND OUTSTANDING PLACES FROM NORTH TO SOUTH WHERE THEY CAN SHOT THERE VIDEOS, AND AS PER BEAUTIFUL BIRDS NIGERIA HAS NEVER BEEN IN SHORT SUPPLY, SO WHY SHOULD THEY GO AND MANUFACTURE THERE PRODUCT OUTSIDE THE COUNTRY AND COME BACK AND SELL THEM TO US? WHILE THEY CAN DO THAT HERE NIGERIA, is how the south africans, the kenyans and other countries comes to nigeria to manufacture there products and take them back home to sell?
Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by eph12(m): 6:35am On Jul 18, 2017
jt2010:

All I see you doing is dumping every of Nigeria issues to defend your point of view instead of saying what d impact of the policy will be either positively or negatively.
Did anyone raised any point about this having a negative or positive impact? Is there an argument on this? Because from where I am standing I didn't see anybody state otherwise.
Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by Nosikebit(m): 6:36am On Jul 18, 2017
Princedapace:

There are nice hospitals, universities, tourist centres in nigeria, serving leaders should patrionize them.. Serving leaders are paid to serve the country, artists are not paid, they earn the money.. U can't decide for them what to do in order to make profit.
Govt officials are paid from tax payers money to serve.. They should patronize our hospitals, schools, shops, cars, clothes etc. They are paid for godsake.. When are we citizens going to av sense.. These leaders are paid to serve.. Habaaa
at least you and a few of us still hv sense ... This zombie virus has infected a lot of nigerians
Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by LasGidiOwner: 6:36am On Jul 18, 2017
kettykin:
A foolish Government that imported foreign Grass wants to ban foreign Music Production . This country is really worse than a Zoo, Nigeria is a Glorified Zoo. Tufiakwa !!!!.

APC is cursed. I tell you
Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by eph12(m): 6:37am On Jul 18, 2017
Ahmeduana:

LIKEWISE ME, ON THIS I SUPPORT THE GOVERMENT 1,000%, IS NIGERIA AND NIGERIANS THAT MADE P SQUARE AND THE REST OF THEM, WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO GIVE BACK TO THE SOCIETY THAT MAKE THEM, WHEN ARE THEY ALSO GOING TO CREATES MILLIONAIRES? NIGERIA HAVE BEAUTIFUL AND OUTSTANDING PLACES FROM NORTH TO SOUTH WHERE THEY CAN SHOT THERE VIDEOS, AND AS PER BEAUTIFUL BIRDS NIGERIA HAS NEVER BEEN IN SHORT SUPPLY, SO WHY SHOULD THEY GO AND MANUFACTURE THERE PRODUCT OUTSIDE THE COUNTRY AND COME BACK AND SELL THEM TO US? WHILE THEY CAN DO THAT HERE NIGERIA, is how the south africans, the kenyans and other countries comes to nigeria to manufacture there products and take them back home to sell?
If you look at the argument or discussion, what people are saying is the government should practice what they preach.
Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by Ericjohnsonjnr(m): 6:38am On Jul 18, 2017
Lia Mohammed is a big fool...I hate this man

2 Likes

Re: APC Replies P'square On Ban On Video Shooting Abroad: You Are A Son Of Darkness by jacyhelen(f): 6:39am On Jul 18, 2017
kettykin:

Point of correction hypcritical and satanic APC , it was the PDP government that was responsible for the regeneration of the Music industry with the Government policy that mandated the playing of 95 percent of Nigerian songs every day.

What P square wants to know is how would the hypocrits who still purchase foreign made vehicles , buy foreign made shoes , go to foreign hospitals for checkup and treatments now decide to ban foreign music production.

Please discerning Nigerians, APC government does not mean well for Nigeria, they have not grown Nigerian rice industry neither have they encouraged Nollywood , all they want is to kill our indigenous musicians career , through scorched earth policies and highly jaundiced ethnic manipulations

well said..i think this summarises everything!!!?Apc is just a stanic party

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply)

Obi Cubana Mother's Burial: List Of Donations So Far / Meet Rolanda Rochelle, Liz Benson Lookalike (Photos) / Boston Roland: "I Had Sex With Mercy Aigbe Severally, I Have Pictures"

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.