Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,597 members, 7,809,167 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:29 AM

Nigerians And Our Weird Food Combinations - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Nigerians And Our Weird Food Combinations (44990 Views)

What Are Your Worst Food Combinations? / Nigerian Food Combinations That You Haven't Tried / Do You Have Any Weird Food Combination? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians And Our Weird Food Combinations by Urbanoversabi(m): 6:18pm On Jul 18, 2017
I know as Nigerians, we have foods that are divinely combined, that its so so odd trying another food as a combination to its partner.

But moreso, there are still foods that are permitted to have other combinations or can be combined with other foods. Example of such is; Bread

In the ghetto where most of us came from, its usually combined with Ewagoyin (beans) or say, Bread and Tea, or Bread and butter/mayonnaise, bread and groundnut and so on… I think I’ve proven my point…

However, there are some combos that make you raise your eyebrows or clean your ears or your eyes when you see people eating them. You want to know those weird combos?

Bread and Suya: Who on earth does that for Christ’s sake? I mean, how do you eat that? to think some people find this as a heavenly delicacy.

Bread and Custard: This one I’m guilty of. and no be say na me just start to dey chop am on my own o. Na my babe teach me. How weird? that’s what I used to think. I even teased her countless times when eating her best combo as eating bricklayers food. Don’t judge me, its just how it seemed, until she made me try it out and BWOY!!! the shii is gooooooooooooooood!!!!

Semo Pap: I got to know of this combo this year, as a matter of fact, last month when my roommate and I were dead hungry late at night when we couldn’t go out to buy anything. My guy just brought it up, and after convincing me of its sweetness after mixing sugar and milk, na im we drink Semo ogi. To be sincere, it tasted nice and all that, but abeg!!! My mates dey chop lassangna, White Rice and mixed grill, am here drinking Semo ogi. And for the record, I visited the toilet to pee every 1hr30mins that night. All thanks to Semo pap.

And the last one I found at the time of compiling this list… I kent take this anymore…

I don’t think the owner of the account up there is a Nigerian, it just can not be. Twitter is home to savages, I must confess.

What's your precious combo? #strangebutsweet

Source: http://www.urbanoversabi.com/nigerians-weird-food-combinations/

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Nigerians And Our Weird Food Combinations by simplyhonest(m): 6:31pm On Jul 18, 2017
bread and coconut...

91 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians And Our Weird Food Combinations by rusher14: 6:35pm On Jul 18, 2017
Nothing wrong with bread and suya.

McDonald's and the likes sell billions of bread and minced meat they call burger.

263 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nigerians And Our Weird Food Combinations by Kingstone32(m): 6:43pm On Jul 18, 2017
Bread and white rice and stew. That combination is the bomb! Greatest auchi

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians And Our Weird Food Combinations by chyckxx(m): 6:44pm On Jul 18, 2017
Semo pap, wtf is that?

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians And Our Weird Food Combinations by Divay22(f): 8:34pm On Jul 18, 2017
Bread and Ogbonu soup angry angry angry angry
Forgot to get garri when coming back from school, and i used the last energy i had to get home...
Tried it out of fun though cheesy cheesy cheesy
My neighbor then taught me custard and groundnut....
One of this days I'll add suya and bread to my collection....

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians And Our Weird Food Combinations by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jul 18, 2017
Indomie and bread.

Indomie and pap

Hot doughnut or puffpuff with suya pepper.

63 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians And Our Weird Food Combinations by Narldon: 8:35pm On Jul 18, 2017
Bread and Beans..

28 Likes

Re: Nigerians And Our Weird Food Combinations by ALAYORMII: 8:35pm On Jul 18, 2017
Indomie and bread

Can anyone beat this combo

Rice, beans, yam, spaghetti, salad.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians And Our Weird Food Combinations by Afam4eva(m): 8:35pm On Jul 18, 2017
Bread and Beans is so weird. It's just that it has become popular with Yoruba people and has been sorta normalized.

9 Likes

Re: Nigerians And Our Weird Food Combinations by kenny714433(m): 8:35pm On Jul 18, 2017
K
Re: Nigerians And Our Weird Food Combinations by lonelydora: 8:36pm On Jul 18, 2017
To be honest, I'm guilty of bread and custard, but there's always akara join to it.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians And Our Weird Food Combinations by amilak: 8:36pm On Jul 18, 2017
Fried egg and okra with half cup of garri. That's the best combo ever. I don't want to hear anything else

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians And Our Weird Food Combinations by officialteemi(m): 8:36pm On Jul 18, 2017
indomie with okro aoup...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians And Our Weird Food Combinations by holluwai(m): 8:36pm On Jul 18, 2017
Beans, fried egg and boiled yam

Bean,spaghetti with bread.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians And Our Weird Food Combinations by government77(f): 8:37pm On Jul 18, 2017
Rice and pap

1 Like

Re: Nigerians And Our Weird Food Combinations by Ehiscotch(m): 8:37pm On Jul 18, 2017
I'm sure I'm gonna throw up after reading some comments.
Bread & beans is a normal combination.
Growing up in Lagos I can eat anything that has pepper in it. grin
#Pepperdemgang

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians And Our Weird Food Combinations by oluwasegun007(m): 8:37pm On Jul 18, 2017
Eba and beans...
Rice and ogbonu with banana...
Beans and spaghetti...
D list is endless........ grin

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians And Our Weird Food Combinations by ibkayee(f): 8:37pm On Jul 18, 2017
Milk and garri. Tufia

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians And Our Weird Food Combinations by mmsen: 8:37pm On Jul 18, 2017
Bread and suya isn't weird. I've never done it myself but most meals consist of meat and a starch/carbohydrate.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians And Our Weird Food Combinations by ibkayee(f): 8:37pm On Jul 18, 2017
Re: Nigerians And Our Weird Food Combinations by Afam4eva(m): 8:37pm On Jul 18, 2017
kennygee:
Indomie and bread.

Indomie and pap
Some people actually cut the bread down the middle and pour the indomie inside. Yuck!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians And Our Weird Food Combinations by gentlechyke(m): 8:37pm On Jul 18, 2017
Na so one enugu corper eat okpa and bread. Ayaf see something

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians And Our Weird Food Combinations by FunkyAlhaji2015: 8:38pm On Jul 18, 2017
Amala with fry eggs my favourite

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians And Our Weird Food Combinations by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jul 18, 2017
Coconut with garri... Coconut and Bread...

24 Likes

Re: Nigerians And Our Weird Food Combinations by tekslee: 8:38pm On Jul 18, 2017
just finished indomie,plantain and roasted chicken, ,,,,,,,very cool

8 Likes

Re: Nigerians And Our Weird Food Combinations by ALAYORMII: 8:38pm On Jul 18, 2017
Afam4eva:
Bread and Beans is so weird. It's just that it has become popular with Yoruba people and has been sorta normalized.

You need to examine ur head if bread and beans is weird to you

And what's has Yoruba got to do with ur point??

Is the combo a tribe food or Nigerian food

63 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians And Our Weird Food Combinations by safiaapussy: 8:38pm On Jul 18, 2017
if those are weird this is what (Oha soup) from a region with heads shaped as this plate grin grin

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians And Our Weird Food Combinations by Captain1Nigeria(m): 8:38pm On Jul 18, 2017
We beta pass oyinbo 100 times

1 Like

Re: Nigerians And Our Weird Food Combinations by Afam4eva(m): 8:38pm On Jul 18, 2017
ibkayee:
Haba. I do this. I don't think it's that weird.
Re: Nigerians And Our Weird Food Combinations by VargasVee(m): 8:38pm On Jul 18, 2017
kennygee:
Indomie and bread.

Indomie and pap

Gee

Indomie and pap
Re: Nigerians And Our Weird Food Combinations by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:39pm On Jul 18, 2017
simplyhonest:
bread and coconut...
Very sweet! Especially if the bread is veeeery soft. Yummy

17 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan / See The Fish I Bought for ₦‎5,000 / What Diet To Be Followed To Gain Weight Quickly?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.