Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:42 AM

Nigerians And Our Weird Food Combinations - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Nigerians And Our Weird Food Combinations (45006 Views)

What Are Your Worst Food Combinations? / Nigerian Food Combinations That You Haven't Tried / Do You Have Any Weird Food Combination? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians And Our Weird Food Combinations by ibkayee(f): 8:50pm On Jul 18, 2017
Afam4eva:

Lol. Dey there make pant dey wear you. People drink garri with salt now and i grew up doing it. Though i've not done it for more than 10 years now.
This is the first I'm hearing of the combination, you people are just out there committing atrocities like this? Smh
Re: Nigerians And Our Weird Food Combinations by Luisema4luv(m): 8:50pm On Jul 18, 2017
Drinking garri wit indomie, can't 4get ay so soon

1 Like

Re: Nigerians And Our Weird Food Combinations by hisMrs(f): 8:50pm On Jul 18, 2017
Bread and custard dey make sense o, especially when u con put d pap and slice bread for toasting machine, CHINEKE!!!!!!!! Odi kwa delicious
Re: Nigerians And Our Weird Food Combinations by Afam4eva(m): 8:51pm On Jul 18, 2017
debbycreamy:
I saw men in Bayelsa eating yam and rice with stew on it,
No biggie really. Though i do this only when i have left over rice and yam. I just mix them together and eat.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians And Our Weird Food Combinations by ALAYORMII: 8:51pm On Jul 18, 2017
Afam4eva:

You're Yoruba right?

What has being Yoruba got to do with this??

Beans and bread is a Nigerian food and it's eaten by everyone

Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa, Urhobo, Ibibio, etc

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians And Our Weird Food Combinations by YINKS89(m): 8:51pm On Jul 18, 2017
eba and egg stew.... tried dat f a frnd in skul... kant 4gt dat.
Re: Nigerians And Our Weird Food Combinations by Michelle55: 8:51pm On Jul 18, 2017
indomie and bread=good combo fried plantains and pap=excellent combo moimoi and pap=sweet combo coconut and bread=yummy combo rice and banana=mindblowing combo any other combination na wash!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians And Our Weird Food Combinations by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jul 18, 2017
Afam4eva:
Bread and Beans is so weird. It's just that it has become popular with Yoruba people and has been sorta normalized.
You're missing. Bread and beans is delicious especially soft bread and hot beans to keep you warm this cold weather

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians And Our Weird Food Combinations by CarterKim(m): 8:51pm On Jul 18, 2017
davillian:

I've not tried it but some friends are advising me to give it a try.
U don't wanna try that. I bet u
Re: Nigerians And Our Weird Food Combinations by Stevengerd(m): 8:52pm On Jul 18, 2017
Eba And Fried Egg (inform of egusi)
Re: Nigerians And Our Weird Food Combinations by TPound(m): 8:52pm On Jul 18, 2017
BABANGBALI:
I doesn't joke with bread and suya and coke. Omo it is good for the prick,when you take them your babe will surely say thank you sir and beg for more

Chai... baba don F up! when carbohydrate, protein and junk food turn aphrodisiac? take more cod liver oil. its good for the brain.

Re: Nigerians And Our Weird Food Combinations by hisMrs(f): 8:52pm On Jul 18, 2017
chyckxx:
Semo pap, wtf is that?
my dear u are missing. When there is enough milk, u will love it
Re: Nigerians And Our Weird Food Combinations by TPound(m): 8:52pm On Jul 18, 2017
BABANGBALI:
I doesn't joke with bread and suya and coke. Omo it is good for the prick,when you take them your babe will surely say thank you sir and beg for more

Chai... baba don F up! when carbohydrate, protein and junk food turn aphrodisiac? take more fruits and vegetables. its good for the brain.

Re: Nigerians And Our Weird Food Combinations by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jul 18, 2017
marksleek25:
i don try that eba with beans sha,tasted good to me. But your vegetable soup and bread ah mba!
Try it, you would love it because it's delicious
Re: Nigerians And Our Weird Food Combinations by sheettle(m): 8:52pm On Jul 18, 2017
Ezionye:
Don't see anything weird bout bread and custard. The custard is just replacing the tea or coffee.

The kind of combo that irks me is som1 ordering both egusi and okro soup and mixing together. Yuck
Bro, EGUSI and OKRO soup? That is the real definition of good life! Try it.
Re: Nigerians And Our Weird Food Combinations by charlsecy(m): 8:53pm On Jul 18, 2017
Urbanoversabi:
I know as Nigerians, we have foods that are divinely combined, that its so so odd trying another food as a combination to its partner.
You cannot be dogmatic in matters of taste. Nothing is weird if it is healthy and pleases your taste.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians And Our Weird Food Combinations by Eastatlantaniqqa(m): 8:53pm On Jul 18, 2017
amilak:
Fried egg and okra with half cup of garri. That's the best combo ever. I don't want to hear anything else
L.M.A.O
Re: Nigerians And Our Weird Food Combinations by opey112(m): 8:53pm On Jul 18, 2017
Bread and pear,

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians And Our Weird Food Combinations by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jul 18, 2017
holluwai:
Beans, fried egg and boiled yam

Bean,spaghetti with bread.
Wow delicious. Can you try dog meat peppers with yam?
Re: Nigerians And Our Weird Food Combinations by Ezionye(f): 8:54pm On Jul 18, 2017
sheettle:

Sis, thanks but no thanks
Re: Nigerians And Our Weird Food Combinations by Afam4eva(m): 8:54pm On Jul 18, 2017
asuustrike2009:

You're missing. Bread and beans is delicious especially soft bread and hot beans to keep you warm this cold weather
You know, i always give things a benefit of the doubt. So, it's not like i haven't tried bread and beans. I', also not disputing the fact that it's not delicious. I just don't like the combo. It's kinda like hardware on hardware (homosexuality). Beans and Bread are too serious to go together.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians And Our Weird Food Combinations by hisMrs(f): 8:54pm On Jul 18, 2017
Divay22:
Bread and Ogbonu soup angry angry angry angry
Forgot to get garri when coming back from school, and i used the last energy i had to get home...
Tried it out of fun though cheesy cheesy cheesy
My neighbor then taught me custard and groundnut....
One of this days I'll add suya and bread to my collection....
bread and ogbono? My God!!!! Custard and groundnut dey make sense o. Try Milo with atagungun. Make sense

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians And Our Weird Food Combinations by Babarjide19(m): 8:54pm On Jul 18, 2017
spag with beans
Re: Nigerians And Our Weird Food Combinations by opey112(m): 8:54pm On Jul 18, 2017
sheettle:
Vegetable and ogbono is the real deal.
Re: Nigerians And Our Weird Food Combinations by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jul 18, 2017
government77:
Rice and pap
Not bad but pap looks like water to me because I will urine it soonest
Re: Nigerians And Our Weird Food Combinations by hisMrs(f): 8:55pm On Jul 18, 2017
ALAYORMII:
Indomie and bread

Can anyone beat this combo

Rice, beans, yam, spaghetti, salad.
Let me just b going

1 Like

Re: Nigerians And Our Weird Food Combinations by surveyProf(m): 8:55pm On Jul 18, 2017
debbycreamy:
I saw men in Bayelsa eating yam and rice with stew on it,

Nd some were swallowing garri with boiled plantain on d other hand

Wat kinda weird carbohydrates combination is that

at benin I saw bole /roasted plantain/ and groundnut

D tin weak me
That is balanced diet, eBay, soup and boiled black plantain, also starch and bangalore soup, and boiled black plantain to match.
Re: Nigerians And Our Weird Food Combinations by Iamthoney(m): 8:55pm On Jul 18, 2017
Afam4eva:
Bread and Beans is so weird. It's just that it has become popular with Yoruba people and has been sorta normalized.
Guy you dey miss I swear down...knack correct ewa agoyin(mashed beans) with better soft white agege bread and your life will never remain the same
Re: Nigerians And Our Weird Food Combinations by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jul 18, 2017
Didnt see my combo...pounded yam and eba ibo (mixed together) with egusi and ogbono

1 Like

Re: Nigerians And Our Weird Food Combinations by eyeon(m): 8:56pm On Jul 18, 2017
Afam4eva:

Some people actually cut the bread down the middle and pour the indomie inside. Yuck!
I kinda slice the bread into two, and use the noodles just like people will use the butter.
It's fantastic!
Re: Nigerians And Our Weird Food Combinations by YelloweWest: 8:56pm On Jul 18, 2017
marksleek25:
what's weird about bole and groundnut?
I find bole n groundnut weird too.

Maybe cos I'm from PH. We eat bole with roasted fresh fish and palm oil chili sauce.. Yum!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians And Our Weird Food Combinations by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jul 18, 2017
Afam4eva:
wetin u sabi.
bread and beans is weird? weird to wild ni

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan / See The Fish I Bought for ₦‎5,000 / What Diet To Be Followed To Gain Weight Quickly?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.