Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,026 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:54 PM

Akunyili Rebuffs Pdp, Says "i Cannot Withdraw My Memo" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akunyili Rebuffs Pdp, Says "i Cannot Withdraw My Memo" (2396 Views)

Yahaya Bello ‘on Excursion’ In Kogi Government House, PDP Says / Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says / Obasanjo Will Not Be Missed In PDP, Says Anenih (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akunyili Rebuffs Pdp, Says "i Cannot Withdraw My Memo" by bobosunny: 3:13am On Feb 05, 2010
Information and Communication Minister, Mrs. Dora Akunyili, has rejected moves made by the embattled Peoples Democratic Party, PDP that she withdraw a memorandum issued at the last Federal Executive Council, FEC meeting asking President Umaru Musa Ya’r Adua to hand over on health ground.

At the regular weekly meeting of the Executive Council of the Federation, Mrs Akunyili stunned her colleagues by presenting the memo in which she challenged them to tell Nigerians the truth about the president's health and stop deceiving the people.

Akunyili, as requested by members of the FEC has now sent the memo to the cabinet office from where it would be distributed to all the FEC members, pointblanknews.com have learnt.

Pointblanknews.com was informed by a source that soon after the memo was first issued at the FEC meeting; the PDP leadership became very agitated and swiftly sent it emissaries to the Minister for what a source described as a “very serious talk.”

The source added that one of the party leadership who spoke to Akunyili was very shocked to hear the Minister who was hitherto defending the FEC on its decision to back Yar’Adua now singing a different song.

“The man was very shocked when madam told him boldly that she cannot withdraw the memo and till now, they are still trying to convince her.

According to the source, “madam told them that the memo was not about her but about the future of Nigeria and that besides, she cannot withdraw it because her name was at stake.”

http://pointblanknews.com/os2832.html
Re: Akunyili Rebuffs Pdp, Says "i Cannot Withdraw My Memo" by aloyemeka2: 3:14am On Feb 05, 2010
Assassination dey smell.
Re: Akunyili Rebuffs Pdp, Says "i Cannot Withdraw My Memo" by Nobody: 3:17am On Feb 05, 2010
media like making up stories
Re: Akunyili Rebuffs Pdp, Says "i Cannot Withdraw My Memo" by Nobody: 3:17am On Feb 05, 2010
what am I missing here- she's the Information minister, right?

so is all this part of her job description?
Re: Akunyili Rebuffs Pdp, Says "i Cannot Withdraw My Memo" by aloyemeka2: 3:22am On Feb 05, 2010
Attacking the executive is not part of her portfolio. For what its worth, she should be the person peddling propaganda on how lively Yaradua is. She is not doing what she is paid to do.
Re: Akunyili Rebuffs Pdp, Says "i Cannot Withdraw My Memo" by Nobody: 3:25am On Feb 05, 2010
tpia.:

what am I missing here- she's the Information minister, right?

so is all this part of her job description?

Nope like the President she swore an oath to defend the constitution and have chosen to help the President defend the constitution the way she sees it fit.
Re: Akunyili Rebuffs Pdp, Says "i Cannot Withdraw My Memo" by SEFAGO(m): 3:29am On Feb 05, 2010
If she is trying to make a statement she should resign and stop getting the great benefits of political office. All this one na show
Re: Akunyili Rebuffs Pdp, Says "i Cannot Withdraw My Memo" by aloyemeka2: 3:30am On Feb 05, 2010
SEFAGO:

If she is trying to make a statement she should resign and stop getting the great benefits of political office. All this one na show

Why should she resign? Should all the senators who wants yaradua out resign too?
Re: Akunyili Rebuffs Pdp, Says "i Cannot Withdraw My Memo" by SEFAGO(m): 3:32am On Feb 05, 2010
that would create chaos. Moreover the senators are elected while she is appointed. Two different positions.
Re: Akunyili Rebuffs Pdp, Says "i Cannot Withdraw My Memo" by mbulela: 3:35am On Feb 05, 2010
aloy-emeka:

Why should she resign? Should all the senators who wants yaradua out resign too?
aloy,how can you of all people ask such a question?
the two positions are as different as night and day.
who elected Dora?
Re: Akunyili Rebuffs Pdp, Says "i Cannot Withdraw My Memo" by Nobody: 3:36am On Feb 05, 2010
SEFAGO:

that would create chaos. Moreover the senators are elected while she is appointed. Two different positions.

I think you should resign from commenting from Nigerian issues since the country does not mean much to you.

Your problem is the mode of protest of 1 out of over 30 ministers not how the rest is keeping quiet and letting Nigeria slide into a pariah state.

Sometimes it hard to understand the priorities of Nigerians. Obviously you have not told us and I hope you will tell us what drives your choice of position on this issue.
Re: Akunyili Rebuffs Pdp, Says "i Cannot Withdraw My Memo" by aloyemeka2: 3:37am On Feb 05, 2010
mbulela:

aloy,how can you of all people ask such a question?
the two positions are as different as night and day.
who elected Dora?

Who elected the PDP senators? YOU?
Re: Akunyili Rebuffs Pdp, Says "i Cannot Withdraw My Memo" by SEFAGO(m): 3:39am On Feb 05, 2010
mikeansy:

I think you should resign from commenting from Nigerian issues since the country does not mean much to you.

Your problem is the mode of protest of 1 out of over 30 ministers not how the rest is keeping quiet and letting Nigeria slide into a pariah state.

Sometimes it hard to understand the priorities of Nigerians. Obviously you have not told us and I hope you will tell us what drives your choice of position on this issue.

Well because dora akunyili is trying to portray herself as a model of morality when she is not. Everyone knows all our senators are crooks, and I am sure the senators proudly display their crookedness. However, I dislike madam panadol's holier than thou actions.
Re: Akunyili Rebuffs Pdp, Says "i Cannot Withdraw My Memo" by Nobody: 3:40am On Feb 05, 2010
mikeansy:

Nope like the President she swore an oath to defend the constitution and have chosen to help the President defend the constitution the way she sees it fit.

no constitution depends on how one person sees fit.

She's free to resign if she doesnt agree with whatever is going on.
Re: Akunyili Rebuffs Pdp, Says "i Cannot Withdraw My Memo" by Nobody: 3:42am On Feb 05, 2010
SEFAGO:

Well because dora akunyili is trying to portray herself as a model of morality when she is not. Everyone knows all our senators are crooks, and I am sure the senators proudly display their crookedness. However, I dislike madam panadol's holier than thou actions.

I don't know that there is a line on her memo which says that. She infact described herself as a 100% loyalist of Yar'adua.

She is simply calling her boss which she remains loyal to, to do the right thing. That does not call for resignation.
Re: Akunyili Rebuffs Pdp, Says "i Cannot Withdraw My Memo" by Nobody: 3:44am On Feb 05, 2010
tpia.:

no constitution depends on how one person sees fit.

She's free to resign if she doesnt agree with whatever is going on.

What she sees fit is how to help her boss. Not how she sees the constitution. The constitution is standard and written in clear english.
Re: Akunyili Rebuffs Pdp, Says "i Cannot Withdraw My Memo" by SEFAGO(m): 3:45am On Feb 05, 2010
So is a memo going to change anything? Action speaks louder than words and written crap. If you have any integrity why serv in a compromised government?
Re: Akunyili Rebuffs Pdp, Says "i Cannot Withdraw My Memo" by mbulela: 3:46am On Feb 05, 2010
aloy-emeka:

Who elected the PDP senators? YOU?

you are more intelligent than that.
you know what i mean.

we can as well claim that the country has been without a president for the past 3 years as no one elected Yar Adua
Re: Akunyili Rebuffs Pdp, Says "i Cannot Withdraw My Memo" by Nobody: 3:48am On Feb 05, 2010
SEFAGO:

So is a memo going to change anything? Action speaks louder than words and written crap. If you have any integrity why serv in a compromised government?

She has not called the Government compromised, she is only asking her boss to do the right thing.
Re: Akunyili Rebuffs Pdp, Says "i Cannot Withdraw My Memo" by SEFAGO(m): 3:52am On Feb 05, 2010
I said the integrity of government has been compromised
Re: Akunyili Rebuffs Pdp, Says "i Cannot Withdraw My Memo" by Nobody: 3:54am On Feb 05, 2010
SEFAGO:

I said the integrity of government has been compromised

You are the one saying that! Dora has not said that. So can you advice us on why Dora (singly) should resign based on your views?
Re: Akunyili Rebuffs Pdp, Says "i Cannot Withdraw My Memo" by SEFAGO(m): 3:59am On Feb 05, 2010
mikeansy:

You are the one saying that! Dora has not said that. So can you advice us on why Dora (singly) should resign based on your views?

LOL, I am saying the obvious- Dora already knows that she is serving in a corrupt government so why is she complaining? She knows her memo will come to nothing and she is just using it to generate publicity, please tell me why she did that memo? Why didnt she join the protesters

Man all of you are funny, the corrupt b.i.tch is taking y'all for a ride
Re: Akunyili Rebuffs Pdp, Says "i Cannot Withdraw My Memo" by Jaylon(m): 4:02am On Feb 05, 2010
SEFAGO:

bravo ! I couldn't agree with you more.

How can you ask the man to step down and continue to serve in his government ?

her decision to write this memo was not well thought out at all.
Re: Akunyili Rebuffs Pdp, Says "i Cannot Withdraw My Memo" by Nobody: 4:04am On Feb 05, 2010
SEFAGO:

LOL, I am saying the obvious- Dora already knows that she is serving in a corrupt government so why is she complaining? She knows her memo will come to nothing and she is just using it to generate publicity, please tell me why she did that memo? Why didnt she join the protesters

Congratulations for calling someone's wife and mother a b.i.t.c.h. most folks I know who have a mother and have respect for them wont do that.

Dora Akunyili is not interested in your personal opinion. She has done what she thinks is in the ineterest of Yar'adua and Nigeria as she put it. What you make of her actions is entirely up to you. But while you think she should resign, there are a million others who want her to stay and join in the effort to continue to ask the President to respect our constitution.
Re: Akunyili Rebuffs Pdp, Says "i Cannot Withdraw My Memo" by SEFAGO(m): 4:09am On Feb 05, 2010
mikeansy:

Congratulations for calling [b]someone's wife and mother a b.i.t.c.h. [/b]most folks I know who have a mother and have respect for them wont do that.

Dora Akunyili is not interested in your personal opinion. She has done what she thinks is in the ineterest of Yar'adua and Nigeria as she put it. What you make of her actions is entirely up to you. But while you think she should resign, there are a million others who want her to stay and join in the effort to continue to ask the President to respect our constitution.

IBB is a father and husband
Goebbels is a father and husband

Wetin concern me? When she don use your money send her children to expensive universities in America she was thinking like a mother and wife.

But we dont want mother and wives in political office- we want ethical leaders cheesy
Re: Akunyili Rebuffs Pdp, Says "i Cannot Withdraw My Memo" by mbulela: 4:12am On Feb 05, 2010
SEFAGO:

apart from me.
i will not suck up to all these propaganda.
Re: Akunyili Rebuffs Pdp, Says "i Cannot Withdraw My Memo" by bobosunny: 4:19am On Feb 05, 2010
SEFAGO:

Your mother is a Zap.i.n.g harlo.t. You probably are the product of an unwanted pregnancy. angry angry
Re: Akunyili Rebuffs Pdp, Says "i Cannot Withdraw My Memo" by SEFAGO(m): 4:23am On Feb 05, 2010
bobo_sunny:

Your mother is a Zap.i.n.g harlo.t. You probably are the product of an unwanted pregnancy. angry angry

Well if i was who cares? Doesnt change the truth that Akunyili is a corrupt thief and is using that memo to pool a wool on the eyes of Nigerians and claim some sort of integrity
Re: Akunyili Rebuffs Pdp, Says "i Cannot Withdraw My Memo" by mbulela: 4:25am On Feb 05, 2010
SEFAGO:

Well if i was who cares? Doesnt change the truth that Akunyili is a corrupt thief and is using that memo to pool a wool on the eyes of Nigerians and claim some sort of integrity

my point exactly.
Re: Akunyili Rebuffs Pdp, Says "i Cannot Withdraw My Memo" by Nobody: 5:07am On Feb 05, 2010
Sefago

When the Federal Government announced that President Yar'adua was fit to Govern, Dora Akunyili gave that press conference.

Please kindly direct me to where you came here and criticised her actions so that we can be convinced that your anger with her is justified and to show that you have been on the part of truth all this while.

I get the feeling that you are angry someone from within has called for Yar'adua's resignation and that you are simply promoting the plan by Aondoakaa to get Dora to resign.

Please kindly direct us to where you criticised her all this while for supporting the cabinet's position.
Re: Akunyili Rebuffs Pdp, Says "i Cannot Withdraw My Memo" by SEFAGO(m): 5:26am On Feb 05, 2010
^ U must be crazy, aondoakaa? i dont even know who that is? Man u guys have to get away from NL
Re: Akunyili Rebuffs Pdp, Says "i Cannot Withdraw My Memo" by mbulela: 6:34am On Feb 05, 2010
mikeansy:

Sefago

When the Federal Government announced that President Yar'adua was fit to Govern, Dora Akunyili gave that press conference.

Please kindly direct me to where you came here and criticised her actions so that we can be convinced that your anger with her is justified and to show that you have been on the part of truth all this while.

I get the feeling that you are angry someone from within has called for Yar'adua's resignation and that you are simply promoting the plan by Aondoakaa to get Dora to resign.

Please kindly direct us to where you criticised her all this while for supporting the cabinet's position.

silly assumption.the situation is so warped in the Nigerian political space that people can't even think straight.
every thing is spooky.
This memo issue is a simple plan to curry favour with a gullible public and it is working.
when you are working for a government like this and propped up by men and women like this, what do you expect?
Dora is either naive or delusional.What does she expect?
was she forced to be a part of this mess?
How can you see a government that comprises of characters like Ibori and Andookaa and expect anything good to come out of it?
This woman is not naive nor delusional, she is simply part of the hypocritical bunch that are holding this nation hostage.
just wake up one morning and start writing one silly memo.
i beg e, free me jo.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Die In 2011 / Prof. Okon Uya: Echoes Of "oron-phobia" / Akwa Ibom 'deportation Of Non Indigenes', Joe Igbokwe Lied, Says Akwa Ibom Govt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.