Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,864 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

Akunyili Rebuffs Pdp, Says "i Cannot Withdraw My Memo" - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akunyili Rebuffs Pdp, Says "i Cannot Withdraw My Memo" (2403 Views)

Yahaya Bello ‘on Excursion’ In Kogi Government House, PDP Says / Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says / Obasanjo Will Not Be Missed In PDP, Says Anenih (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akunyili Rebuffs Pdp, Says "i Cannot Withdraw My Memo" by adigun101: 1:20pm On Feb 05, 2010
I am just so surprised. shocked

So many people actually have a problem with Dora asking UMYD to hand over to his vice.

And her calling for her head.

I dint know there were so many supporters of the status quo on NL. shocked
Re: Akunyili Rebuffs Pdp, Says "i Cannot Withdraw My Memo" by Nobody: 1:34pm On Feb 05, 2010
It tells you the mindset of Nigerians

They think advisers and ministers are there to applaud everything the Government does and not offer quality advice

This is why I say a Government is the reflection of its people. Our Government is useless because we are a useless people in a useless country.
Re: Akunyili Rebuffs Pdp, Says "i Cannot Withdraw My Memo" by beneli(m): 2:14pm On Feb 05, 2010
mikeansy:

Our Government is useless because we are a useless people in a useless country.

The above, i am not proud to say, pretty much sums up everything!
Re: Akunyili Rebuffs Pdp, Says "i Cannot Withdraw My Memo" by SEFAGO(m): 2:50pm On Feb 05, 2010
RichyBlacK:

I don't see much hope for Nigeria. cry

1. Nigeria has a problem.
2. Northern politicians do not want Jonathan (a southerner) to become acting president because it will "eat into their time" as president, based on the mumurish "rotational presidency" nonsense.
3. An Igbo daughter submits a memo that upholds the Nigerian constitution and calls on the dysfunctional FEC to act and make Goodluck Jonathan "Acting President"
4. Yoruba ethnic bigots like tpia and SEFAGO want her to resign!

This drama is the main reason I see no hope for Nigeria. When an Igbo woman proffers a solution, the very loud Yoruba tribalists will want to shut her down. Tomorrow, a Yoruba man will offer a solution to another problem, . . . you know the rest of the story.

Nigeria is a joke!

Do you know what an ethnic bigot is? Just because I dont like dora akunyili does not mean i am an ethnic bigot. You are for seeing things that way because you and ur crazy people would defend anything that is wrong based on ethnic lines. Dora na ole ol pata. But that is not why I am calling her to resign. I ask for her resignation to prove her integrity, the fact that she presided in a government, a government she was aware of is rigged and illegitimate, shows what type of ethics she has. Everything is seen through your ethnic lenses, forgetting that is not so for most of us.

Its just like a nazi official later denouncing the holocause after being in that government. It would seem hilarious because it is likely he participated in the atrocities of that government. All this na show show.
Re: Akunyili Rebuffs Pdp, Says "i Cannot Withdraw My Memo" by Nobody: 4:01pm On Feb 05, 2010
ignore richyblack- he's silly.

@ topic

like I said before, does her job description say her duties as an information minister are dependent only on the physical presence of the president? He must be around to babysit her before she can do her job?

Had this happened in a developed country, she'd be out in a jiffy, since quite obviously she's tired of the whole thing and prefers to listen to those who want to ruin her.

@ the ones bringing her tribe into this- SHUT UP YOU BUSH FOOLS
Re: Akunyili Rebuffs Pdp, Says "i Cannot Withdraw My Memo" by princekevo(m): 7:43pm On Feb 05, 2010
It seems poverty, tribalism , crime and corruption has really eaten deep into many Nigerians, as such they have lost their sense of reasoning. We still got a long way to go by the way many Nigerians youths reason. A minister spoke out against corruption that is going on within the government and calling them to order, am surprised some folks here are asking for her resignation, instead of calling for more ministers to emulate this bold step. I read one article that said there were other FEC members who have the same view as hers, but lack the courage and boldness to come out as she did. If her boldness would encourage others to come out, then there become a division in the house, and when there is division in the house, there is hope for the masses.

We should be happy that among all those criminals called FEC, we have a repented soul who is single handily fighting for the right thing to be done. I think we should throw our support behind her and not a time to question her past credibility. B4 she made such a bold step she is already prepared for the worst, she has become a thorn in their flesh, an enemy within. Resignation is not the best choice at the moment, becoz the only way she can fight is from within and not resigning and start making noise from outside jst like most us here on NL and out there.
Re: Akunyili Rebuffs Pdp, Says "i Cannot Withdraw My Memo" by Jaylon(m): 8:09pm On Feb 05, 2010
RichyBlacK:

I don't see much hope for Nigeria. cry

1. Nigeria has a problem.
2. Northern politicians do not want Jonathan (a southerner) to become acting president because it will "eat into their time" as president, based on the mumurish "rotational presidency" nonsense.
3. An Igbo daughter submits a memo that upholds the Nigerian constitution and calls on the dysfunctional FEC to act and make Goodluck Jonathan "Acting President"
4. Yoruba ethnic bigots like tpia and SEFAGO want her to resign!

This drama is the main reason I see no hope for Nigeria. When an Igbo woman proffers a solution, the very loud Yoruba tribalists will want to shut her down. Tomorrow, a Yoruba man will offer a solution to another problem, . . . you know the rest of the story.

Nigeria is a joke!

I think you are being really harsh ! Just because tpia and SEFAGO have different views on Akunyili’s action doesn’t warrant you calling them Yoruba ethnic bigots. You are way out of line.

It can very difficult atimes serving under a President in a democratic setting. There are lots of policies/actions that are going to be undertaken by the govt that a minister (for instance) would not agree with, but you as a minister cannot go out in public to criticize the policy. You either have to stand by the President or resign.

The problem with Akunyili is that she is serving in Yar’adua’s govt, so she cannot ask him to step down. She can offer advise in this regard, but writing a memo and asking him to step down while still serving under the President is wrong in my opinion. She has breached protocol.
Re: Akunyili Rebuffs Pdp, Says "i Cannot Withdraw My Memo" by Nobody: 8:12pm On Feb 05, 2010
richyblack is an idiot and is best ignored.

he also has the usual habit of attacking others for what he himself is guilty of, in order to divert attention from his uselessness. Smear tactics.

mekushit aka aloy emeka does the same thing.
Re: Akunyili Rebuffs Pdp, Says "i Cannot Withdraw My Memo" by ikeyman00(m): 8:36pm On Feb 05, 2010
see  mentality ^^^ shocked shocked
Re: Akunyili Rebuffs Pdp, Says "i Cannot Withdraw My Memo" by princekevo(m): 7:58am On Feb 06, 2010
Jaylon:

It can very difficult atimes serving under a President in a democratic setting. There are lots of policies/actions that are going to be undertaken by the govt that a minister (for instance) would not agree with, but you as a minister cannot go out in public to criticize the policy. You either have to stand by the President or resign.

My guy, this is not all abt Yaradu's policy, is abt a serious breach in the Constitution of the Federal of Nigeria, Is about asking your boss to do the right for himself, the people of Nigeria and for the sake of his health. Nigerian Constitution is not one of the Yaraduas policies, as such i don't see anything wrong in her calling her boss to order in respecting the Constitution that brought all of them together under one government. Only a fool will capside with a ship, while he/she had the opportunity to warn the captain of an unforeseen danger.

If yaradua is sensible enough, this Lady is the only minister who have his government at heart. She called him to obey the Constitution and temporarily handover power to Jonathan in his absence, with that he can clear himself from any impeachment threat from the legislator and still retain his mandate at the president. Here are some group of people advicing him not to obey the Constitution for their own selfish reasons, thereby exposing him to the threat of impeachment. Politice anyway in the world is a funny game, that you cant tell whom your genuine supporter is. Some might be supporting to pull you up why some might support you to pull your government down. It take a wise man to differentiate the 2. You and i knows that at this moment of power vaccum Nigeria is unpredictable. Anything can happen any day, the woman just gave yaradua the wise decision to make for his own good and the nation.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Countdown To Independence Celebration Begins ! / Breaking News: Facebook To Shut Down In March, Yuwie Takes Over And Pays You / Breaking News: Bomb Blast In Jaji

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.