Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,840 members, 7,820,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:25 AM

Akunyili Rebuffs Pdp, Says "i Cannot Withdraw My Memo" - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akunyili Rebuffs Pdp, Says "i Cannot Withdraw My Memo" (2404 Views)

Yahaya Bello ‘on Excursion’ In Kogi Government House, PDP Says / Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says / Obasanjo Will Not Be Missed In PDP, Says Anenih (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akunyili Rebuffs Pdp, Says "i Cannot Withdraw My Memo" by Beaf: 6:43am On Feb 05, 2010
Dora has put her safety on the line and proven her love for this country. Thank God that there are still a few people with integrity left in this fu'cking country.

It is best that she doesn't resign as well, for two reasons:

[list]
[li]To continue re-presenting the memo to the FEC[/li]
[li]To show the FEC what it is to be held to ransome by an unsackable person (Yar Adua only, can sack her  grin). They can'y even lobby Goodluck to do that, cos he ain't got the power[/li]
[/list]

Dora is a true heroine.
Re: Akunyili Rebuffs Pdp, Says "i Cannot Withdraw My Memo" by SEFAGO(m): 6:49am On Feb 05, 2010
Dora is a true heroine.

lipsrsealed, she can present the memo every single day. Nothing go change. The powers that be decide our president not paper. Na her time she dey waste and she knows it very well. Nigeria has to be cleaned inside out, everyone is bloody corrupt
Re: Akunyili Rebuffs Pdp, Says "i Cannot Withdraw My Memo" by Beaf: 7:02am On Feb 05, 2010
SEFAGO:

lipsrsealed, she can present the memo every single day. Nothing go change. The powers that be decide our president not paper. Na her time she dey waste and she knows it very well. Nigeria has to be cleaned inside out, everyone is bloody corrupt

No man! A small axe will always bring down the mighty iroko, its only a matter of time; drip by drip.
The country will take a turn for the better after the exit of those smelly cabal people.
Re: Akunyili Rebuffs Pdp, Says "i Cannot Withdraw My Memo" by Jaybee2412(m): 7:09am On Feb 05, 2010
She stands out and holds her head high!

Re: Akunyili Rebuffs Pdp, Says "i Cannot Withdraw My Memo" by edoyad(m): 7:56am On Feb 05, 2010
When people are so used to things being wrong, doing the right thing becomes offensive to them.
For all of you saying she should resign There's no question about you being right. But i tell you what she has done is ten times worse than a resignation, she has officially smeared herself in a colour that the Nigerian political system will never again accept. Instead of resigning she should use her last days bringing down as many heads as possible.
Re: Akunyili Rebuffs Pdp, Says "i Cannot Withdraw My Memo" by Justcash(m): 8:02am On Feb 05, 2010
The views of Aloy-emeka and Sefago are very disheartening. I am ashamed of both of them, especially Aloy-emeka.

The fact remains that Dora has not done anything wrong. If associating with politicians is a crime, then Fashola is a big criminal! Sefago will jump at every opportunity to surpport Fashola, when infact he is dancing to the tune of Tinubu and other AC crooks.

Dora has not done anything wrong. Point out what she has done wrong, let me tell you how wrong you are.

She is standing for the truth. The president needs to resign. If they don't like her, they should sack her!

@SEFAGO: Why do you want her to resign? Is resigning going to make her heard? Is it going to force the FEC to tell Nigerians the truth? Why the heck do you think that her Memo is useless? Do you know that She is the minister of Information? When a minister of Information demands for the president to resign can't you see the effect and type of publicity it generates? Wake up, reason With your head. You are one of the reasons why Nigeria needs to disintegrate fast! Your reasoning is really biased and backwards.

@Aloy-Emeka- I doubt If you are a true Igbo son. Your reasoning is clearly tainted with some ethnic bias and unreasonable judgement. I am saying this after observing many of your comments  in Nairaland.  You are a model for those that are confused about their ethnic backgrounds, that is If you aint trying to be an imposter. Good job anyway, you are succeeding in your ploy to decieve people.
Re: Akunyili Rebuffs Pdp, Says "i Cannot Withdraw My Memo" by SEFAGO(m): 8:07am On Feb 05, 2010

The fact remains that Dora has not done anything wrong. If associating with politicians is a crime, the Fashola is a big criminal! Sefago will jump at every opportunity to surpport Fashola, when infact he is dancing to the tune of Tinubu and other AC crooks.

Fashola like all Nigerian politicians is a thief, just a more subtle thief. He does the smart thing and actually do some stuff while in office. What you expect me to defend him because I am yoruba? You must be kidding, they are all thieves. And that ponmo-lipped speaker who faked his educational degrees. That is the oba of stealing. Fashola is a distinct case since he has been producing results which could cloud my dislike for him. I know Nigeria is corrupt and no hands are clean but sometimes corruption and results should be balanced. Immediately he stops producing result na abuse i will heap on him too.

All of them ole jati jati
Re: Akunyili Rebuffs Pdp, Says "i Cannot Withdraw My Memo" by Justcash(m): 8:18am On Feb 05, 2010
SEFAGO:

Fashola like all Nigerian politicians is a thief, just a more subtle thief. He does the smart thing and actually do some stuff while in office. What you expect me to defend him because I am yoruba? You must be kidding, they are all thieves. And than ponmo-lipped speaker who faked his educational degrees. That is the oba of stealing. Fashola is a distinct case since he has been producing results which could cloud my dislike for him. I know Nigeria is corrupt and no hands are clean but sometimes corruption and results should be balanced. Immediately he stops producing result na abuse i will heap on him too.
All of them ole jati jati
This is the first time that I am hearing you say anything bad about Fashola.  However, I like and surpport Fashola. I only used that statement as an illustration to expose the fact that no matter how good an individual is, he/she will be smelt as a bad egg If he/she is working under a political system that is under the control of very currupt political god-fathers.
Dora is trying her best to play her role. The fact that She spoke up means that she is infact not in surpport of the status quo.
Re: Akunyili Rebuffs Pdp, Says "i Cannot Withdraw My Memo" by sd6: 8:19am On Feb 05, 2010
Some nairalanders are foolish! Just weeks ago, everyone was dora how she's dissapointed us; how she and aondaaka have manipulated the nation. Then suddenly for whatever reason, she says something that only takes courage to do and the same foo.lish nairalanders are asking if thats her job to do such. I have a hunch that some nigerians dont knw their left or right. Pathetic numbskulls! Corruption apologists!
Re: Akunyili Rebuffs Pdp, Says "i Cannot Withdraw My Memo" by adigun101: 8:20am On Feb 05, 2010
Some of you are just so traumatised in your country that you think nothing good can come out of Nigeria.

The constitution says that the FEC presently is the only body with the powers (60%) to force the president to hand over power.

When I heard that I gave up hope of anything happening.

Now this woman has spoken up and commenced the motion and you want her to resign instead !

This I suppose will apply to every member of the FEC which the same opinion as she does.

Leaving the FEC with pro-yara'dua ministers.

Its begs the question, whose side are you on ?

Do some of you reason at all?

Doesn't make sense
Re: Akunyili Rebuffs Pdp, Says "i Cannot Withdraw My Memo" by SEFAGO(m): 8:22am On Feb 05, 2010
Justcash:

This is the first time that I am hearing you say anything bad about Fashola.  However, I like and surpport Fashola. I only used that statement as an illustration, to expose the fact that no matter how good an individual is, he/she will be smelt as a bad egg If he/she is working a political system that is under the control of very currupt political god-fathers.
Dora is trying her best to play her role. The fact that She spoke up means that she is infact not in surpport of the status quo.

Well the problem with Fashola is that no matter what he does, he reports to the people who funded his campaign and placed him there. Nigerian politics is one of godfatherism- the only difference is he is balancing both. Corruption is a problem everywhere, but political systems have to produce results.

Akunyili dey chop and thats the simple fact. The memo does not change anything. grin Chop chop government
Re: Akunyili Rebuffs Pdp, Says "i Cannot Withdraw My Memo" by sd6: 8:24am On Feb 05, 2010
@Adigun
u dey see me see trouble? No mind them jare. Them no dey reason.
Re: Akunyili Rebuffs Pdp, Says "i Cannot Withdraw My Memo" by adigun101: 8:29am On Feb 05, 2010
SEFAGO:

Then the likes of Wole Soyinka, Femi Falana and everyone who has spoken out should shut-up because they can't and haven't changed anything. undecided

Are you saying that the people should keep quiet because they do not have enough powers to effect change.

What is your point ?

Are you sure you posses enough intelligence to comment on this issue?
Re: Akunyili Rebuffs Pdp, Says "i Cannot Withdraw My Memo" by SEFAGO(m): 8:34am On Feb 05, 2010
Are you sure you posses enough intelligentce to comment on this issue?

No I dont apparently
Re: Akunyili Rebuffs Pdp, Says "i Cannot Withdraw My Memo" by Justcash(m): 8:36am On Feb 05, 2010
SEFAGO:

Well the problem with Fashola is that no matter what he does, he reports to the people who funded his campaign and placed him there. Nigerian politics is one of godfatherism- the only difference is he is balancing both. Corruption is a problem everywhere, but political systems have to produce results.
Akunyili dey chop and thats the simple fact. The memo does not change anything. grin Chop chop government

Na who dey government wey no dey chop?
I presume by "Chop" you mean bogus salaries and benefits.
Tell me anybody in government, not only in Nigeria, that doesn't make good money?

If SEFAGO becomes a minister tomorrow, he will still CHOP! Na lie?
Re: Akunyili Rebuffs Pdp, Says "i Cannot Withdraw My Memo" by adigun101: 8:37am On Feb 05, 2010
SEFAGO:

No I dont apparently
Now you've resorted to correcting typos  undecided

Complete waste of time.
Re: Akunyili Rebuffs Pdp, Says "i Cannot Withdraw My Memo" by SEFAGO(m): 8:44am On Feb 05, 2010
If SEFAGO becomes a minister tomorrow, he will still CHOP! Na lie?

No, I wont. Money comes, money goes to me, I think my integrity is more important.
Re: Akunyili Rebuffs Pdp, Says "i Cannot Withdraw My Memo" by nethacker(m): 8:45am On Feb 05, 2010
**Singing ASA*** there is fire on the mountain, n nobody seems to be on the run grin grin
Re: Akunyili Rebuffs Pdp, Says "i Cannot Withdraw My Memo" by ikeyman00(m): 8:48am On Feb 05, 2010
@@@@@@

hahhhh it amasing how some oduduwa got serious issues with Dora!!! shocked well i can say since the criminalities once again had its ugly head in Ekiti state; even tpia tribalistic self couldnt hide it niether

we cant be fooled by some feign anexities tend be to portray by some crook individual

if anyone got issues i think it should be a once again yoruba man obasanjo who sold us to Yaradua lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

now we seen to have a lifeline; guess who is stampeding ??oga Bankole just like his ancestors

why havent Fashola resign since he is operating under the corruption spell

some of you fools could claim to lose respect on what not; hahhhaa i say u are a tribalistic funny baffoon fish lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Akunyili Rebuffs Pdp, Says "i Cannot Withdraw My Memo" by nethacker(m): 8:55am On Feb 05, 2010
ikeyman00:

@@@@@@

hahhhh it amasing how some oduduwa got serious issues with Dora!!! shocked well i can say since the criminalities once again had its ugly head in Ekiti state; even tpia tribalistic self couldnt hide it niether

we cant be fooled by some feign anexities tend be to portray by some crook individual

if anyone got issues i think it should be a once again yoruba man obasanjo who sold us to Yaradua lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

now we seen to have a lifeline; guess who is stampeding ??oga Bankole just like his ancestors

some of you fools could claim to loss respect on what not; hahhhaa i say u are a tribalistic funny baffoon fish lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
u only went to university oh sorry evening school to cram and pass.the above shows dat u lack morals. GOAT angry can't u pple stop being tribalistic here for heaven's sake angry
Re: Akunyili Rebuffs Pdp, Says "i Cannot Withdraw My Memo" by oge4real(f): 8:58am On Feb 05, 2010
All of you calling for the resignation of Madam Akunyili need to be given an overdose of expired tranqulizers.
Wetin dey do some Nigerians sef?
Re: Akunyili Rebuffs Pdp, Says "i Cannot Withdraw My Memo" by sharpman1(m): 8:59am On Feb 05, 2010
I commend Dora for what she has done.

The truth is that we need her to remain in the FEC so that other dissenting voices would be able to speak up.

I think that Obasanjo's comment on Yaradua seems to have emboldened some people.

Since we are almost certain that Yaradua cannot make it . . . . . . . . . . it's time for Obasanjo's boys to take over. . . . . . .
Re: Akunyili Rebuffs Pdp, Says "i Cannot Withdraw My Memo" by SEFAGO(m): 9:02am On Feb 05, 2010

When Fashola submits a full report denouncing corruption in Nigeria, then I would aks him to resign because it would be hypocritical to denounce people you share values with
Re: Akunyili Rebuffs Pdp, Says "i Cannot Withdraw My Memo" by edoyad(m): 10:29am On Feb 05, 2010
sd-6:

Some nairalanders are foolish! Just weeks ago, everyone was dora how she's dissapointed us; how she and aondaaka have manipulated the nation. Then suddenly for whatever reason, she says something that only takes courage to do and the same foo.lish nairalanders are asking if thats her job to do such. I have a hunch that some nigerians dont knw their left or right. Pathetic numbskulls! Corruption apologists!

It takes a big man to remain on the path of humanity. It takes an even bigger man to admit failure and return to the path of humanity.

No one is saying she hasn't messed up, what we're saying is she is at least trying to seek redemption unlike her incorrigible peers.
Re: Akunyili Rebuffs Pdp, Says "i Cannot Withdraw My Memo" by Nobody: 11:35am On Feb 05, 2010
edoyad:

When people are so used to things being wrong, doing the right thing becomes offensive to them.
For all of you saying she should resign There's no question about you being right. But i tell you what she has done is ten times worse than a resignation, she has officially smeared herself in a colour that the Nigerian political system will never again accept. Instead of resigning she should use her last days bringing down as many heads as possible.
Re: Akunyili Rebuffs Pdp, Says "i Cannot Withdraw My Memo" by Caringpro(f): 12:00pm On Feb 05, 2010
For your dear life, Mrs. Akunyili just resign and take up a better life. You made mistake of joining this government initially but you can correct that by leaving alive before the idiots take your precious life!
Re: Akunyili Rebuffs Pdp, Says "i Cannot Withdraw My Memo" by Nobody: 12:18pm On Feb 05, 2010
Dora's prolonged silence was deafening , anyhow it's better late than never. Though I think now would be a good time to leave the stage when the 'ovation is loudest'
Re: Akunyili Rebuffs Pdp, Says "i Cannot Withdraw My Memo" by 9ijaprince(m): 12:57pm On Feb 05, 2010
If she is serious indeed let her resign. She cannot criticise from the inside.
Re: Akunyili Rebuffs Pdp, Says "i Cannot Withdraw My Memo" by RichyBlacK(m): 12:58pm On Feb 05, 2010
I don't see much hope for Nigeria. cry

1. Nigeria has a problem.
2. Northern politicians do not want Jonathan (a southerner) to become acting president because it will "eat into their time" as president, based on the mumurish "rotational presidency" nonsense.
3. An Igbo daughter submits a memo that upholds the Nigerian constitution and calls on the dysfunctional FEC to act and make Goodluck Jonathan "Acting President"
4. Yoruba ethnic bigots like tpia and SEFAGO want her to resign!

This drama is the main reason I see no hope for Nigeria. When an Igbo woman proffers a solution, the very loud Yoruba tribalists will want to shut her down. Tomorrow, a Yoruba man will offer a solution to another problem, . . . you know the rest of the story.

Nigeria is a joke!
Re: Akunyili Rebuffs Pdp, Says "i Cannot Withdraw My Memo" by tunnytox(m): 12:59pm On Feb 05, 2010
There are so many cowards on nl who hide behind their computers to write rubbish. Dora has shown that she is brave to even have the stomach to present that memo, there are probably many within the cabinet who felt the same but do not have the courage
Re: Akunyili Rebuffs Pdp, Says "i Cannot Withdraw My Memo" by RichyBlacK(m): 1:00pm On Feb 05, 2010
9ijaprince:

If she is serious indeed let her resign. She cannot criticise from the inside.

Why? Says who?

Criticism is not a precursor to resignation!
Re: Akunyili Rebuffs Pdp, Says "i Cannot Withdraw My Memo" by RichyBlacK(m): 1:00pm On Feb 05, 2010
tunnytox:

There are so many cowards on nl who hide behind their computers to write rubbish. Dora has shown that she is brave to even have the stomach to present that memo, there are probably many within the cabinet who felt the same but do not have the courage

Thank you!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ecowas Is Toothless / Sahara Reporters Rolling With Hot Chicks / Nigeria's Classiest First Lady.(pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.