Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,149 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

When does Minding "One's Business" Becomes A Sin? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When does Minding "One's Business" Becomes A Sin? (653 Views)

Man Seen Aggressively Minding His Business As Two Ladies Beat Each Other To Pulp / Why Do Most Women Run Away From Me Not Minding My Handsomeness & Wealth? / When Does A Disvirgined Gal Start To Enjoy Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When does Minding "One's Business" Becomes A Sin? by greencard: 12:57pm On Jul 19, 2017
Emm actually I've thought over this for a while now and I couldn't help but speak up

I cant stomach some unappealing, unbecoming, unnecessary and unimaginable actions that most people engage in ..but in our society nowadays when u tend to speak against such obnoxious actions you will start hearing thing like

*waiting concern u"
"mind your business"
" is it your money"
" manage your own wahala first" etc

And the trend continues
Especially in situations like
1-family feud of others
2-bad attitude of so called celebrities
3-indecent dresses and immorality
4-abusive relationship
5- homosexuality
6-questionable characters of certain leader e.g traditional, religious and political leaders
To mention just a few

But should we now keep "minding our business" and watch our society turn to a lawless SinCity all in the name of minding one's business?

Your thoughts?

3 Likes

Re: When does Minding "One's Business" Becomes A Sin? by VargasVee(m): 1:02pm On Jul 19, 2017
Life is easier if we all mind our own business.

Humans derive satisfaction in pointing out another's mistakes.

Nobody is perfect.

1 Like

Re: When does Minding "One's Business" Becomes A Sin? by ekensi01: 1:03pm On Jul 19, 2017
Bro. Just grow above that as i did.

Everybody is given choice to make in life. Even if you ar given advice by people you still have to choose what to do.

I don't ask people to decide for me.

Minding your business is said by those who don't want growth and don't love their neighbour.
Re: When does Minding "One's Business" Becomes A Sin? by ekensi01: 1:04pm On Jul 19, 2017
VargasVee:
Life is easier if we all mind our own business.

Humans derive satisfaction in pointing out another's mistakes. Nobody is perfect.
Do you use to follow Jesus?
Re: When does Minding "One's Business" Becomes A Sin? by VargasVee(m): 1:05pm On Jul 19, 2017
ekensi01:
Do you use to follow Jesus?

Sure
Re: When does Minding "One's Business" Becomes A Sin? by ekensi01: 1:17pm On Jul 19, 2017
VargasVee:

Sure
Go and read your bible well.

Jesus didnt mind his business, if he did tell me where.
Re: When does Minding "One's Business" Becomes A Sin? by VargasVee(m): 1:21pm On Jul 19, 2017
ekensi01:

He also talked about not being judgemental.

My point is, there's one too many hypocrites in the world judging people whilst they're doing far worse.
Re: When does Minding "One's Business" Becomes A Sin? by greencard: 9:16pm On Jul 22, 2017
VargasVee:

He also talked about not being judgemental.

My point is, there's one too many hypocrites in the world judging people whilst they're doing far worse.
I understand this school of thought

But does is now mean that we mustn't condemn what is wrong and keep tolerating evil?

Don't u know evil deeds is contagious ?

1 Like

Re: When does Minding "One's Business" Becomes A Sin? by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jul 22, 2017
greencard:
I understand this school of thought

But does is now mean that we mustn't condemn what is wrong and keep tolerating evil?

Don't u know evil deeds is contagious ?

Trust me, you'll live better if you just mind what concerns you.
Re: When does Minding "One's Business" Becomes A Sin? by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jul 22, 2017
My grand dad died at age 101. He lived that long cuz he was always minding his own business

ekensi01:

John 21:20-22 - "Peter turned and saw the disciple whom Jesus loved following them, the one who had been reclining at table close to him and had said, “Lord, who is it that is going to betray you?” When Peter saw him, he said to Jesus, “Lord, what about this man?” Jesus said to him, “If it is my will that he remain until I come, what is that to you? You follow me!”

1 Thessalonians 4:11 - "And to aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you"

Proverbs 26:17 - "Whoever meddles in a quarrel not his own is like one who takes a passing dog by the ears"
Re: When does Minding "One's Business" Becomes A Sin? by greencard: 2:14am On Jul 25, 2017
@jacksparr0w1207

So can you say something if the entity involved was family ?

Will u rather allow the society get more crazier if all u could av done to salvage a part of it was some interjection?

PS: Regarding the bible passages...don't be quick to forget the parable of the " GOOD SAMARITAN"

(1) (Reply)

*types Of Wives & Husbands* Where Do You Fit In ? / What Pride Can Do To Your Relationship. / Update: Video of Nigerian lady who kisses her italian man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.