Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,180 members, 7,829,235 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional - Religion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional (250750 Views)

REACHOUT NIGERIA 2014-with Rhapsody Of Realities / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional, January. 2014 / Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional And More Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (106) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 12:07am On Nov 18, 2011
His Great Love For Humanity – Friday November 18, 2011 – Pastor Anita

God loved the people of this world so much that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who has faith in him will have eternal life…(John 3:16 CEV).

The scripture above is perhaps the most popular verse in the Bible, but many haven’t understood the power of it. It reveals God’s great love for humanity. He loved the world of human beings so much, as sinful and wicked as they were, that He gave His only Son, Jesus to die in their place.

Doesn’t it amaze you that even when Adam sinned back in the Garden of Eden, it was God who came looking for him (Genesis 3)? Adam was hiding from God, because he had sinned, yet God still covered his unclothedness with animal skin, showing that He loved him. The Bible says “Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins” (1 John 4:10).

So clearly, God demonstrated His great and boundless love for us, while we were yet in sin. Perhaps you’re not born again and you’re wondering, “Can God possibly love someone like me?” Emphatically yes! No matter what kind of life you may have lived, you can take advantage of His great love today.

Then for you that are born again, now that you know how much God loved the world of sinners, think about how much more He loves you! The Bible says, “…if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life (Romans 5:10). If He loved the world of sinners, He certainly loves you even more. Galatians 6:10 enjoins us to do good unto all men, especially to them of the household of faith. This shows the Lord especially regards His children highly.

Take advantagIe of His great love today. Refuse to settle for poverty, sickness and failure, for God has given you all things that pertain to life and godliness (2 Peter 1:3). He did all this because of His great love for you. Have faith and confidence in His love today.

Prayer
Dear Father, I thank you for lavishing your love on me. I am so glad that you sent Jesus to die for me, and I am even more glad to be your offspring today. Help me, I pray, to comprehend the length, breadth and height of your love, which surpasses knowledge, in Jesus’ Name. Amen

Further Study
Romans 5:8
But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

1 John 3:1 (NIV)
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Daily Scripture Reading                    
1 Year Bible            James 1
Reading plan           Jeremiah 38-40
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 4:47pm On Nov 21, 2011
A New Order For The New Creation – Monday November 21, 2011 – Pastor Anita
By Diane Maartens and Emmanuel Chukwuemeka in Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional · Edit Doc
And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you. Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full (John 16:23-24).
Notice in the scripture above. That Jesus didn’t say “ask in faith and ye shall receive,” rather, He said “ask, and ye shall receive.” He was teaching the disciples something very important here. Hitherto, He had taught them about asking with faith, saying: “…If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you” (Matthew 17:20). But in our opening verse, He introduces them to something new: asking in His Name.
Prior to this time, Jesus taught them about prayer and faith but didn’t associate it with using His Name. That’s why He said “Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name.” He was rounding off His ministry, and a new day was coming. This was going to be a new order.
“Does this then do away with faith?” you might want to ask. No! It just lets us know what manner of men we are as new creations. We’re men and women of faith; we were saved – born again – by grace through faith (Ephesians 2:cool. We’re creatures of faith; God has dealt to every one of us the required measure of faith (Romans 12:3). Now, we don’t need to be told to have faith, for we were born with faith in our spirits. Faith is our lifestyle: “Now the just shall live by faith…” (Hebrews 10:38).
That’s why we can use the Name of Jesus as an instrument at any time and expect results. Jesus said “ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.” This means you can ask for just about anything, and He will personally see to it that it happens. Is there anything troubling you? Is there anything distracting your work? Don’t carry it over to the coming year! Demand a change now, in the Name of Jesus to blaze through every banner and knock down every opposing wall.
Prayer
Dear Father, thank you for giving me the authority to use the Name of Jesus, the Name which is above every other name. As I boldly use this Name today, demons tremble and situations bow before me. Hallelujah!
Further Study
Philippians 2:9-11
Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
Mark 16:17-18
And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible James 4:13-5:1-20
Reading plan Jeremiah 48-49
2 Year Bible John 13:21-30
Reading Plan 1 Chronicles 21
Rhapsody of Realities Pastor Anita Oyakhilome
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 7:12am On Nov 23, 2011
Learn From The Word; Not Your Experiences – Wednesday November 23, 2011 – Pastor Chris

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works. (2 Timothy 3:16-17).

Some people say “experience is the best teacher,” while some others say that “life itself is the best teacher”; these are not true. It may be possible for you to learn a few things from your experiences in life, but the best teacher in life is God’s Word; the instruction manual for living. The Bible says “Every Scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching…” (2 Timothy 3:16 WNT).

There’s no better way to be a success in life than to follow the Word of God and do what it says. There are folks who only learn through terrible experiences the things they could have learnt if they had only followed the Word of God. Such people experience crisis in their businesses, marriages and other areas of life. But you don’t need to learn that way. You don’t have to lose all your investments to learn how to handle your finances properly. Neither do you need to have experienced a rocky marriage before you learn how to love your spouse.

Learning God’s Word and putting it to work will save you from regrettable experiences. David said, “Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path” (Psalm 119:105). The Message Translation puts it this way: “By your words I can see where I’m going; they throw a beam of light on my dark path.” That means the Word of God illuminates the paths of your life; it gives you direction and the ‘know-how’ to succeed in life.

You don’t have to live by “trial and error”; stick with the Word, and everything about your life will work out beautifully well. Yielding to the Word of God and living by it will make you a wonder to others. They’d begin to ask how come life is so easy for you! The answer is simple: The Word of God has become the pilot of your life.

Confession
Dear Lord, your Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path! It is the compass by which I navigate through life, driving me in the path of righteousness, success and prosperity. My heart will forever trust in your Word to do what it says, for not only is your Word my best teacher, it also pilots me to the highest heights of success.

Further Study
Psalm 119:9
Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word.

Psalm 19:7-8
The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple. The statutes of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes.

Daily Scripture Reading                    
1 Year Bible            1 Peter 1:22-2:1-25
Reading plan           Jeremiah 52          

2 Year Bible            John 14:1-9                      
Reading Plan           1 Chronicles 23                       

Rhapsody of Realities Pastor Chris Oyakhilome
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 5:52pm On Nov 25, 2011
Holiness Versus Righteousness – Friday November 25, 2011 – Pastor Chris
By Diane Maartens in Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional · Edit Doc
But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: (1 Corinthians 1:30).

Some believers have confused holiness for righteousness, assuming that there’s no difference between both. Though often used by many interchangeably, holiness is not the same as righteousness and the difference between the two needs to be clear.

Holiness is a place in God; a condition. When God sanctifies something, whether it’s a place, a person or a thing, it becomes holy. That person or thing becomes separated from all others unto God. It includes two aspects. Firstly, the Lord separates you or sets you apart; and then secondly, He separates you to Himself. It is one thing to separate anything or anybody from other things, but that doesn’t mean you’ve separated that thing to yourself. But in this connection, God separates you from others to Himself; for His sacred use, thus you’re holy!

As God’s children, we’ve been sanctified by the Spirit unto God. So we’re called holy. That’s our condition. Also, when God’s presence comes upon someone or when God’s presence comes on a place, like it did on Mount Sinai in the Old Testament (Exodus 24:16) it becomes holy. The temple in the Old Testament also was called holy because the presence of God was there, and God had separated that place for Himself.

Righteousness, on the other hand, is a nature. It’s the nature of God that describes His rightness; His ability to do, and be right. He is never wrong. He’s always right. Whatever He does is right. When He imparts this ability to be right and do right into your life, you automatically become righteous. This also gives you right-sanding, which means you can stand in His presence without a sense of condemnation, inferiority or guilt.

Righteousness is you nature now; it’s the character of your spirit. You’re not only the righteousness of God in Christ, as the scripture says in 2 Corinthians 5:21, rather, you’re both righteous and holy (1 Corinthians 3:17). In Hebrews 3:1, we’re called holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling. You share the same life and nature with the Lord; His nature of righteousness and holiness have been imparted to your spirit; you’re one with Him now: “For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren” (Hebrew 2:11).

Confession
I am the temple of God and God’s Spirit lives in me, therefore, I am holy, as He is holy. By virtue of Christ’s death, burial and resurrection, I’ve been declared righteous, justified and sanctified unto God, therefore, I live and walk daily in the nature of God that has been imparted into my spirit. Praise the Lord!

Further Study
Ephesians 4:23-24
And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.
Daily Scripture Reading                       
1 Year Bible            1 Peter 4
Reading plan            Lamentations 3-5 

2 Year Bible            John 14:22-31                  
Reading Plan           1 Chronicles 25
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 9:00am On Nov 26, 2011
Death Has Been Defeated – Saturday November 26, 2011 – Pastor Chris
By Diane Maartens and Peace Ty Omisakin in Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional · Edit Doc
For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet. The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death (1 Corinthians 15:25-26).

Until Jesus came, Satan had the keys of death. The Bible lets us now that men and women were, all their lifetime, subject to bondage because of the fear of death. But Jesus put an end to that through His victory over death and the grave and liberated all men from the fear of death: “Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage” (Hebrews 2:14-15).

As a result of Adam’s disobedience, the Bible says death came upon all men (Romans 5:12). When Adam committed high treason back in the Garden of Eden by obeying Satan, death began to work in every man. The devil gained liberty to afflict men with sickness, disease and destruction.

But blessed be God! When Jesus died on the cross, He went right into hell, the devil’s territory and took back from him the keys of death and hell: “I am he that liveth, and was dead; and behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and death” (Revelation 1:18). He overcame death when He triumphantly rose from the dead and ushered man into a new life. Today, anyone who is born again need not fear death, for death has been defeated by Jesus; it is the last enemy that will be destroyed, as read in our opening verse, but is already defeated.

Today, Satan can no longer take anybody’s life at will because he doesn’t have the power of death anymore. He can only make empty threats, and try to deceive men or make them destroy themselves. Jesus spoiled Satan by obtaining the keys of death and hell, and gave you authority to keep Satan, sin and death under your dominion.

Confession
Death and everything associated with darkness have no place in and around me for I am a life-giving spirit. I reign in life with Christ and have the power to keep satan, sin and death under my feet! O, what joy to know that I’ve passed from death unto life, and have been translated unto the glorious liberty of the sons of God!

Further Study
2 Timothy 1:8-10
Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God; Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began, But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

1 Corinthians 15:55-57
O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Daily Scripture Reading                       
1 Year Bible            1 Peter 5
Reading plan            Ezekiel 1-2          

2 Year Bible            John 15:1-10        
Reading Plan           1 Chronicles 26
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 12:16pm On Dec 07, 2011
Discipled To Disciple Others – Wednesday December 7, 2011 – Pastor Chris
By Diane Maartens in Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional · Edit Doc
You have often heard me teach. Now I want you to tell these same things to followers who can be trusted to tell others (2 Timothy 2:2 CEV).

The glorious Gospel of the blessed God has been committed to our trust (1 Timothy 1:11). This is a trust you must not betray! The same things you’ve heard and learned about the Gospel must be shared with others. When God saves you, He makes you His partner in saving others, and also gives you the responsibility to disciple them and make them soul winners too.

You’re responsible both for leading people to Christ, and also for ensuring they’re grounded in the Church as soul winners. This makes you a “VIP” – a very important personality with God – because you care about what He cares about the most – soul winning. Growing up as a young Christian, there were those God placed on my path to help build my faith, and teach me to pray. Today, after many years, I’ve helped many others build their faith, discover and live in their inheritance in Christ; and I’m still at it.

That’s the principle; you’re saved to save others. You’re built to build others. Don’t get comfortable just being on the receiving end. As believers, the ministry of reconciliation is our collective, as well as our individual responsibility: “To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation” (2 Corinthians 5:19).

Imagine how many more people we could all reach together with the Gospel if we all took up the responsibility of soul winning to our best and fullest potentials! Take discipleship seriously. You have to strengthen other saints to do the work of the ministry. Don’t be the one always needing strengthening. Help build the faith of others to become more effective in doing God’s work.

If you aren’t responsible yet for the spiritual development of other believers, ensure you begin; participate in soul winning activities organized in your local assembly. If you’re already involved in building and helping to train others, keep at it. Reach out to more people, so that at the end of the day, you’ll be able to confidently say to the Master: “Lord, for all that I received, here’s what I did with it.” And then He’ll say: ‘Well done, thou good and faithful servant!”

Prayer
Dear Father, thank you for saving me, and making me your partner in saving others as well. Not only am I a labourer in the field, I’m also effective in building others to be labourers and soul winners so that we can reap a plenteous harvest for the Master, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
1 Corinthians 12:25-27
That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another. And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it. Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.
Daily Scripture Reading                       
1 Year Bible             Jude
Reading plan            Ezekiel 27-28      

2 Year Bible            John 18:19-27
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 7:01am On Dec 08, 2011
The Power Is In You! – Thursday December 8, 2011 – Pastor Chris

And it came to pass on a certain day, as he was teaching, that there were Pharisees and doctors of the law sitting by, which were come out of every town of Galilee, and Judaea, and Jerusalem: and the power of the Lord was present to heal them. (Luke 5:17).

As revealed in our opening verse above, the Lord Jesus was teaching on a certain day and the power of the Lord was present to heal. The healing power blanketed the atmosphere over the people. This refers to the presence of the Holy Spirit; the anointing and power of God to heal the sick.

It’s important however to note that just because the power was present to heal didn’t mean everybody present there that day got healed. Rather, it was those who acted their faith that received healing. The story of the man that was taken with palsy in verses 18-21 of the same chapter gives credence to this fact. It says, “And when they could not find by what way they might bring him in because of the multitude, they went upon the housetop, and let him down through the tiling with his couch into the midst before Jesus. And when he saw their faith, he said unto him, Man, thy sins are forgiven thee” (Luke 5:19-20). Note that the Master responded when He “saw their faith.”

Also, the woman with the issue of blood took advantage of the presence of this same tangible healing power at work in the Lord Jesus (Mark 5:28). She released her faith and took a hold of her healing by touching the hem of Jesus’ garment. The Lord approved of her action and commended her faith thus: “And he said unto her, Daughter thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace, and be whole of thy plague” (Mark 5:34).

As a child of God, you carry the presence of the Holy Spirit; the power of God in and around you (John 14:17). So, to confront your challenges and bring about the desired change, act your faith today. Stir up that power by speaking in other tongues, and effect the changes you desire.

Prayer
Dear heavenly Father, thank you for your Word assures me of divine health and a glorious life of victory in Christ Jesus. Virtue flows through every fibre of my being today, as I release my faith to the presence of the Spirit, in Jesus’ Name Amen.

Further Study
Romans 8:11
But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

Mark 6:56
And whithersoever he entered, into villages, or cities, or country, they laid the sick in the streets, and besought him that they might touch if it were but the border of his garment: and as many as touched him were made whole.

Daily Scripture Reading         
1 Year Bible             Revelation 1
Reading plan            Ezekiel 29-30

2 Year Bible            John 18:28-40
Reading Plan           2 Chronicles 17-18        

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 1:49pm On Dec 10, 2011
A Burning And A Shining Light! – Saturday December 10, 2011 – Pastor Chris

That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world (Philippians 2:15).

In John 5:35, the Lord Jesus points out something beautiful in the character of John the Baptist: “He was a burning and a shining light: and ye were willing for a season to rejoice in his light.” What a description; coming from the lips of the Master Himself!

Not every light is a burning and a shining light. Some are cool and dull, but Jesus gave witness that John was a burning and a shining light. And because John was a burning and a shining light, other people rejoiced in his light, so they could see with it. Do you know you can have the Lord describe you this way, within the context of your service to Him? Sure! Make up your mind to be not just a light, for you’re already the light of the world. Rather, be a burning and a shining light.

The way to burn and shine is by being effective in the things the Lord has called you to do. The Bible says “Not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord” (Romans 12:11). To be a burning and a shining light means you’re fervent, agile and enthusiastic about spiritual things. From sun up to sun down, the Gospel is paramount on your mind. It’s impossible for you to keep quiet; all you think and talk about is world evangelism. It brings to mind the words of the Prophet Jeremiah: “But his word was in mine heart as a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I was weary with forbearing, and I could not stay” (Jeremiah 20:9).

When you’re a burning and a shining light, every encounter with you by those who don’t know Christ is an unforgettable moment with divinity. You’re afire with the Gospel twenty-four hours a day; you’re perpetually high on the Holy Ghost. This is how God expects you to live, as one who’s fervent in soul-winning and prayer for lost souls!

As a burning and a shining light, you seek to touch everyone with the power of God. When there’s a need in the ministry, you’re there to give of your time, efforts and resources. This is how to burn and shine for the Lord. Before long, others will come and rejoice in your light; they’ll hear your inspiring testimonies and be stirred to pray and make impact just like you.

Confession
Dear Father, thank you for the ministry of your Word in my life. The Word is like a burning fire shut up in my bones. I can’t hold it back; I’ll promote and publish it everywhere with fervency until it engulfs my world. I’m a burning and a shining light and many are coming to bask in the brightness of my light, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Matthew 5:14
Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

Isaiah 60:1
Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen upon thee.

Daily Scripture Reading                       
1 Year Bible             Revelation 2:18-3:1-6
Reading plan            Ezekiel 33-34
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 11:15am On Dec 12, 2011
Passion For The “Christless!” – Monday December 12, 2011 – Pastor Anita

The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance (2 Peter 3:9).

In writing to the Christians in Ephesus, the Apostle Paul, in Ephesians 2:12 took time to describe the gloomy picture, and abysmal hopelessness of their previous state without Christ: “That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:” This is the condition of the christless-man – he’s excluded and disconnected from the covenants of promise; totally alienated from the life of God.

This description of the christless presented to us in the Word is one that should provoke you to prayer and stir your spirit to preach the Gospel. As I thought about the extent of darkness, despair and hopelessness of the unregenerate man, I made the commitment to tell the whole world about Jesus, and I have been at. Every now and then I’m stirred with deep passion to intercede for the lost souls in the world. Nothing matters more to me than to see those for whom Jesus died brought into their inheritance in Him. And I’m so thankful to the Lord for many around the world who have been touched and saved by the vast opportunities given to us to preach the gospel, and minister healing to the nations of the world.

This is all there is to live for; being passionate about the message of the Gospel that has been committed to our trust (1 Timothy 1:11). Decide today to be a faithful steward of this glorious Gospel: “Let a man so account of us, as of the ministers of Christ, and stewards of the mysteries of God. Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful” (1 Corinthians 4:1-2).

Respond today to the impressions of the Holy Spirit in your heart to cause a change by interceding for the light of the glorious Gospel of Christ to shine in the hearts of the unconverted around you. Remember, the Lord is unwilling that any should perish, but that all men should come to repentance (2 Peter 3:9). Stir up your passion today.

Prayer
Dear Father, I rejoice in you for the opportunity to intercede for the christless around the world and have them touched by your Spirit and transformed into the image of Christ. I thank you for the light of the glorious Gospel which is shining brightly in the hearts of men, destroying the shackles of darkness. My passion for lost souls is stirred today with renewed commitment, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Matthew 28:19-20
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Daily Scripture Reading                       
1 Year Bible             Revelation 4
Reading plan            Ezekiel 37-38      

2 Year Bible            John 19:38-42                  
Reading Plan           2 Chronicles 25                

Like · Follow Post · Report · 4 hours ago
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 8:23am On Dec 13, 2011
Stir Up Yourself – Tuesday December 13, 2011 – Pastor Chris
But you, beloved, build yourselves up [founded] on your most holy faith [make progress, rise like an edifice higher and higher], praying in the Holy Spirit (Jude 1:20 AMP).

You may have wondered how come there’re some Christians who are often intimidated or overwhelmed by the circumstances of life. They easily become afraid when challenged by unpleasant situations, thereby making themselves vulnerable to the fierce attacks of the enemy. The reason for this is not that such believers don’t have faith, for every Christian has been given the measure of faith (Romans 12:3). But the real problem is that many who find themselves in such situations have allowed the power of the Holy Spirit lie dormant in them.

2 Corinthians 4:7 says, “But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.” So there’s no question as to whether or not the power of God is in you, for it is! But you must stir up that power within you continually, otherwise it will be inactive. You’re to make that inherent ability and divine energy in your spirit available for use anytime you want. That power is stirred as you meditate and talk the Word, and, as you pray fervidly in tongues.

God expects us to function in the earth with His power. He wants you to learn and know how to activate His power in you as much as He wants you to learn about faith and how faith works. When you study 2 Timothy 1:5-6, you’ll discover something striking. Right after the Apostle Paul commended Timothy, his grandmother Lois, and his mother Eunice for their unfeigned faith, he charged Timothy to stir up the power of God in him. There, Paul was talking about the power of the Holy Sprit that Timothy received when he (Paul) laid hands on him (Read 2 Timothy 1:5-6).

This means it’s possible for someone to have faith yet have the Holy Spirit’s power remain latent in his spirit. Most of the attacks the devil launches against people are either against the body or the soul. So that power shouldn’t only remain in your spirit. You have to stir it up until it inundates your soul and permeates your physical body. That way, you’re able to ward off whatever attack satan launches against you.

When you’re stirred, the anointing will surge through every fibre of your being; from your spirit, to your soul, and your body. There’ll be an influx of the power of the Holy Spirit into your mind, will, emotions, and it will move through your whole body, causing you to be immune to the vices of the enemy.

Prayer
Dear Father, I thank you for the Holy Spirit who resides in me, filling me with miracle-working power. My spirit is inundated with the anointing, such that it permeates my soul and moves upon my physical body, thereby making me invulnerable everyday to the assaults of the devil, and victorious everyday in Jesus’ Name Amen.

Further Study
Ephesians 5:18-19
And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit; Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;

1 Corinthians 14:4
He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself; but he that prophesieth edifieth the church.

Daily Scripture Reading                       
1 Year Bible             Revelation 5
Reading plan            Ezekiel 39-40
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 9:40am On Dec 14, 2011
Faith By The Spirit – Wednesday December 14, 2011 – Pastor Chris

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life (John 6:63).

The Lord Jesus, teaching His disciples about faith said “Have the faith of God” (Mark 11:22). He wanted the disciples to have the same kind of faith that God applies. Genesis 1 gives an insight into the operation of this kind of faith. There, we see God apply this supernatural faith in recreating and restoring order to the earth after it became a dark chaotic mass. In the midst of the darkness and chaos God said: “Let there be light,” and light became! (Genesis 1:3). He recreated the earth and restored order, beauty and form to it by releasing words of faith.

But strikingly, the latter part of Genesis 1:2 highlights the role of the Holy Spirit in the entire process: “…The Spirit of God was moving (hovering, brooding) over the face of the waters (Genesis 1:2 AMP). The Holy Spirit brooded over the earth that had been in shambles, incubating upon it, in anticipation of the creative word of faith from God. Hence, when God spoke, whatever He said came to be! For your confessions of faith to be effective and produce undeniable results, you have to operate through the Spirit.

In Luke 24:49, Jesus had to request the disciples to wait in the city of Jerusalem until they were endued with power from on high. On the day of Pentecost, when the Holy Spirit came upon them, they received supernatural enablement to preach and teach the Word of God. As a result, their faith proclamations were anointed by the Spirit. From then on their words were impregnated with power, which resulted in salvation, healing and deliverance in the lives of those who heard them.

Be filled with the Spirit, and bring the ministry of the Holy Spirit to bear on any situation. When you introduce His operation into your faith by meditation, and prayer (Jude 1:20), you concentrate His influence on such situation and set the power of God into motion to cause your faith-filled words to produce the desired results.

Confession
Dear Father, I thank you for the ability to cause changes in the circumstances of my life by speaking forth your words by the Spirit. I declare positive and tremendous changes in my finances, health, family and work, because the Holy Spirit anoints my faith proclamations, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Hebrews 11:3
Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

1 Corinthians 2:4-5 AMP
And my language and my message were not set forth in persuasive (enticing and plausible) words of wisdom, but they were in demonstration of the [Holy] Spirit and power [a proof by the Spirit and power of God, operating on me and stirring in the minds of my hearers the most holy emotions and thus persuading them], So that your faith might not rest in the wisdom of men (human philosophy), but in the power of God.

Daily Scripture Reading                       
1 Year Bible             Revelation 6
Reading plan            Ezekiel 41-42
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 8:54am On Dec 15, 2011
He Came That You Might Have Life! – Thursday December 15, 2011 – Pastor Chris
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly (John 10:10).

Jesus came so you might have life. There are different kinds of life on planet earth. There’s the animal life, the plant life, the human life, aquatic life etc. When a man is born into this world, he’s born with human life. The human life is however not sufficient because man is a spirit-being and needs the supernatural life to function in his full potentials. That’s the reason Jesus came; to give us another kind of life – eternal life – the God-life.

When you’re born again, you become a partaker of this new and glorious life. This is the very life of God. It is the very essence of divinity. This is the life Jesus has given us in abundance. He said in John 5:26 “…as the Father has life in Himself, even so has He given to the Son to have life in Himself.” Then in 1 John 5:11, the Apostle John lets us know that anyone who has received Jesus as Lord has this life. When you’re born again you have the same life that Jesus has in its fullness. This life is sickness-proof, disease-proof, poverty-proof and failure-proof. It’s a life of glory, victory, success and excellence.

Religion would have us believe we can only receive this life when we get to heaven, but that’s not true. The Bible makes it clear that you received this life the moment you received Jesus as Lord of your life (John 1:12-13). Man in all his natural intelligence, goodness and kindness is nothing before the Lord, until he receives this glorious life in Him.

You can become a partaker of this glorious, supernatural life right now by asking Jesus to be the Lord of your life. When you receive this life, it doesn’t matter for how long you may have suffered with ulcer, cancer, paralysis, HIV or diabetes; you will be healed! Every wound in your body that has defied medications will close up! Nothing of the devil can stay in you once you embrace the transcendent life that’s in Christ Jesus.

Confession
I have the life and nature of God in me; therefore I’m an overcomer and more than a conqueror. I live a triumphant and victorious life today, far above the devil and the negative systems of this world! Praise God!

Further Study
John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Daily Scripture Reading                       
1 Year Bible             Revelation 7
Reading plan            Ezekiel 43-44      

2 Year Bible            John 20:19-31                  
Reading Plan           2 Chronicles 29
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 8:20am On Dec 16, 2011

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly (John 10:10).

Jesus came so you might have life. There are different kinds of life on planet earth. There’s the animal life, the plant life, the human life, aquatic life etc. When a man is born into this world, he’s born with human life. The human life is however not sufficient because man is a spirit-being and needs the supernatural life to function in his full potentials. That’s the reason Jesus came; to give us another kind of life – eternal life – the God-life.

When you’re born again, you become a partaker of this new and glorious life. This is the very life of God. It is the very essence of divinity. This is the life Jesus has given us in abundance. He said in John 5:26 “…as the Father has life in Himself, even so has He given to the Son to have life in Himself.” Then in 1 John 5:11, the Apostle John lets us know that anyone who has received Jesus as Lord has this life. When you’re born again you have the same life that Jesus has in its fullness. This life is sickness-proof, disease-proof, poverty-proof and failure-proof. It’s a life of glory, victory, success and excellence.

Religion would have us believe we can only receive this life when we get to heaven, but that’s not true. The Bible makes it clear that you received this life the moment you received Jesus as Lord of your life (John 1:12-13). Man in all his natural intelligence, goodness and kindness is nothing before the Lord, until he receives this glorious life in Him.

You can become a partaker of this glorious, supernatural life right now by asking Jesus to be the Lord of your life. When you receive this life, it doesn’t matter for how long you may have suffered with ulcer, cancer, paralysis, HIV or diabetes; you will be healed! Every wound in your body that has defied medications will close up! Nothing of the devil can stay in you once you embrace the transcendent life that’s in Christ Jesus.

Confession
I have the life and nature of God in me; therefore I’m an overcomer and more than a conqueror. I live a triumphant and victorious life today, far above the devil and the negative systems of this world! Praise God!

Further Study
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Daily Scripture Reading                       

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Nobody: 8:26am On Dec 16, 2011
mabell:

Confession

Further Study

Daily Scripture Reading                       

this is misleading and is the reason so many fall. Because they have been taught that being born again = a life of money, no sickness, no accidents irrespective of their past actions. The thief  on the cross got this life as well but he still died in disgrace on a cross. Paul had this life and yet suffered times of lack, was beaten so many times, jailed and eventually killed. Stephen was stoned for this very life . . .

It is the reason why so many turn around and blame God anytime their lives dont go according to the rosy picture their false teachers paint for them. God promised us eternal life, He didnt promise us an earthly life free of pain. Actually this is the earthly life Christ prophesied His people were likely going to have - Matthew 24:9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake. How does this equate to a life that is "full of victory and excellence" outwardly?

Where is the room for trials in this rosy picture of the christian life?
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Nobody: 8:37am On Dec 16, 2011
mabell:

This is heresy and found no where in the bible.

2 Cor 12:7 And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure. 8 For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.
9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

1. Paul was not just "born again" but the apostle through which we have the new testament epistles today.
2. Paul was buffeted by the very devil on permission by God as a means of keeping Paul humble and mindful of His source - Christ
3. Paul prayed and prayed to get the thorn removed . . .
4. God's answer? My grace is sufficient for thee!
5. Paul's response? Even when times are hard, even when God sometimes allows temporary pain, i glory in it as a constant reminder of God's grace and power over my life.

How is it that people are so easily led astray by wolves in the pulpit? Because they do not retain the words of Christ in them.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 8:56am On Dec 16, 2011
Salvation Is For ALL Men – Friday December 16, 2011 – Pastor Chris

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved (Romans 10:9).

Some people believe salvation is only for certain people; that God already numbered those that’ll be saved, and those reserved for eternal damnation; but that’s not true. You might then ask, “So what did Jesus mean when He said, “No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him…” (John 6:44). Doesn’t that mean the Father appoints some people to salvation, and separates some others unto destruction?” No. Salvation is for all men. God’s desire is for ALL men to be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth.

In John 3:16, the Bible didn’t say, “For God so loved some men…” rather it says “For God so loved the world…” the world of men, ALL men, including women, boys and girls. The Father’s love is for the whole world; the world of sinners. So when Jesus said “No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him… (John 6:44), the right question to ask is, “How does God draw men unto Himself?”

The answer is in the forty-fifth verse of the same John 6 that says, “It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.” God draws men to Himself through His Word; through His message as encapsulated in the Gospel. When the Gospel is preached, those who hear, believe it, and endorse it by confessing the Lordship of Jesus Christ over their lives are drawn. So the choice as to who receives salvation rests with every individual.

In Paul’s letter to Timothy, he said “…God our Saviour; Who will have all men to be saved, and come unto the knowledge of the truth” (1 Timothy 2:3-4). This is the very reason we herald the message of the Gospel. As you plan your vacations and visitations this Christmas time, have the Gospel in mind. Make it a memorable Christmas for those around you who are yet to receive salvation, letting them know it’s God’s desire for them to receive the best gift of all, this Christmas – eternal life.

The Bible says “How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?” (Romans 10:14). You’re that preacher to those in your world; to bring them the glorious news of Christ’s salvation.

Prayer
Thank you dear heavenly Father for the immense love you clearly demonstrated in sending Jesus to be the propitiation for my sins, thus making me a participator in the divine experience. I’m most grateful for this glorious privilege, in Jesus Name. Amen

Further Study
Romans 5:8
But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Romans 1:16
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Daily Scripture Reading         
1 Year Bible             Revelation 8
Reading plan            Ezekiel 45-46

2 Year Bible            John 21:1-12          
Reading Plan           2 Chronicles 30
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 8:31am On Dec 18, 2011
Jesus Came To Make Us Sons Of God – Sunday December 18, 2011 – Pastor Chris
Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not (1 John 3:1).

Jesus didn’t come to initiate or head a nice religion; rather, He came to give us life and to make us sons of God. Hebrew 2:10 says “For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons to glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.” His mission was to make us like Himself; to bring us into the same glory that He has. No wonder the Bible says as He is, so are we in this world (1 John 4:17).

John 12:24 says, “Verily, verily, I say unto you, except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.” God planted Him as seed because He wanted many sons brought unto glory, Just as Jesus is the glory of God.

Jesus came to represent man to God, such that the judgment God placed on Him on account of man’s sin sufficed for the salvation of all men (Isaiah 53:4-5). He was man’s substitute. That’s the reason when He suffered and died on the cross, we suffered and died with Him. When He was buried, we were buried with Him. When God raised Him back to life, we were raised up together with Him. When He ascended into the presence of God, we were brought into the presence of God, where we are now; living and reigning with Him.

His death, burial and resurrection were a means to an end; it was to unveil the emergence of the new creation. We are that new creation, which the Bible describes as the glory that should follow the sufferings of Christ (1 Peter 1:11). We’ve been born sons of God: “But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name” (John 1:12). He has thus identified with us as His brethren, having brought us into union and oneness of spirit with Himself: “For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren” (Hebrews 2:11).

Prayer
Dear Father, I’m so grateful for the privilege of being a partaker of your great wisdom; I thank you for the unquantifiable love you bestowed on me, that I should be called a child of God. My life is continuously and constantly improved because of this consciousness of my divine nature, root and inheritance, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Romans 8:14
For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Romans 8:19
For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

Daily Scripture Reading                       
1 Year Bible             Revelation 10
Reading plan            Daniel 1-2

2 Year Bible             Acts 1:1-11                     
Reading Plan            2 Chronicles 32               

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 11:28am On Dec 19, 2011
Present Your Case Legally! – Monday December 19, 2011 – Pastor Chris

Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool (Isaiah 1:18).

When you need to pray about certain things that are not within your immediate control or personal territory, you’ll have to pray an argumentative prayer. It’s the kind of prayer where you present your case legally before God. We see this happen with Elijah as he prayed earnestly for it to rain after a three and half year drought. Elijah didn’t have absolute legal jurisdiction over the rain, so he had to pray argumentatively and plead his case with God.

When you study the account in 1 Kings 18:42-43, you’ll observe that after Elijah declared to King Ahab that it was going to rain, he went into intense, heartfelt, intercession, pleading his case with God: “So Ahab went up to eat and to drink. And Elijah went up to the top of Carmel; and he cast himself down upon the earth, and put his face between his knees, And said to his servant, Go up now, look toward the sea. And he went up, and looked, and said, There is nothing. And he said, Go again seven times.”

Elijah had to pray argumentatively and continued in that manner because he realized God is the one solely responsible for rain. There’re those who think its satan that brings rain, but that’s not true. There’s nowhere in the Scriptures where it’s recorded that satan was responsible for rain. Rain, according to the Scriptures is a blessing from God to the world. In Leviticus 26:3-4, God told the children of Israel: “If ye walk in my statutes, and keep my commandments, and do them; Then I will give you rain in due season…” Also Matthew 5:45, Jesus said, “…your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.”

If satan were to be the one responsible for rain, Elijah would have prayed differently; he would simply have commanded the rains to fall! Rather, he prayed argumentatively, bringing forth his strong reasons before the Lord. This is how you pray when you desire a change concerning any situation that’s outside your personal territory; you present your prayer with a legal twist! You bring God’s Word back to Him, in an earnest, heartfelt and continued manner until you prevail.

Perhaps you’ve been praying for the salvation of a loved one; this is the way! Present your strong reasons before the Lord. Bring His Word to Him as evidence and basis for which you’re demanding a miracle for that loved one. Continue in prayer until there’s a change.

Prayer
Dear heavenly Father, thank you for the power of earnest prayer, and the joy to know that I can plead my case with you, and prevail against unfavourable circumstances. I apply the revelations that I’ve learnt in your Word today to bring about tremendous changes in my life, and that of my loved ones, in Jesus; Name Amen.

Further Study
Isaiah 43:26
Put me in remembrance: let us plead together: declare thou, that thou mayest be justified.

Acts 12:5
Peter therefore was kept in prison: but prayer was made without ceasing of the church unto God for him.

James 5:16-18
Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. Elias was a man subject to like passions as we are, and he prayed earnestly that it might not rain: and it rained not on the earth by the space of three years and six months. And he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth brought forth her fruit.

Daily Scripture Reading                       
1 Year Bible             Revelation 11
Reading plan            Daniel 3-4

2 Year Bible             Acts 1:12-26                   
Reading Plan            2 Chronicles 33               

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 10:58am On Dec 20, 2011
Your Authority In Christ – Tuesday December 20, 2011 – Pastor Anita

…according to the working of his mighty power, Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places, Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named… (Ephesians 1:19-21).

You’re seated together with Christ, far above all principality, power, might, dominion and every name that is named. It’s a position of authority; a seat of power where every demon and power of darkness, both in this world and that which is to come is subject to you. This revelation has to become a reality in your spirit.

Our opening scripture says Jesus is seated at the right hand of God, meaning the right hand of power, for God gave Him authority over all creation. At the mount of transfiguration, God spoke out of heaven and said: “This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him” (Matthew 17:5). Here, God wasn’t just talking to Jesus’ disciples who were present with Him at the mountain, He was commanding the whole of creation – all of nature – animate and inanimate to be subject to Jesus.

Now in Ephesians 2:5-6, the Apostle Paul makes this remarkable statement about us, the new creations in Christ: “Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are savedwink And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus.” In the realm of the spirit, you’ve been highly elevated to sit at the seat of Jesus; you rank with Him. Glory to God! You occupy the same position of authority as Jesus, with the power of attorney to act in His stead. All the powers of darkness respond to, and recognize your authority in Christ, including the circumstances of life, such as poverty, failure, sickness, disease and death.

You’re not ordinary. You operate from a higher realm where God is at the back of whatever you say: “Where the word of a king is, there is power…” (Ecclesiastes 8:4). All authority has been vested in you to alter the circumstances of your life to be in sync with God’s perfect will. You can speak words of power to break the influence of satan over men’s lives and cause the light of glorious Gospel to shine in their hearts.

Prayer
Gracious Father, thank you for the privilege of being seated with you in the realms of power and glory, far above all principality, power, might and every domain of darkness! I reign with you today over the circumstances of life and over every negative force of nature, declaring that your perfect and eternal will is fulfilled in my life – in my job, family, finances and in the lives of those around me, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Luke 10:19 AMP
Behold! I have given you authority and power to trample upon serpents and scorpions, and [physical and mental strength and ability] over all the power that the enemy [possesses]; and nothing shall in any way harm you.

Daily Scripture Reading                       
1 Year Bible             Revelation 12
Reading plan            Daniel 5-6

2 Year Bible             Acts 2:1-13                     
Reading Plan            2 Chronicles 34               

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 9:25am On Dec 21, 2011
Faith Undefiled – Wednesday December 21, 2011 – Pastor Chris

For [if we are] in Chris Jesus, neither circumcision nor uncircumcision counts for anything, but only faith activated and energized and expressed and working through love, (Galatians 5:6 AMP).

Faith works by love (Galatians 5:6). When a Christian allows strife and bitterness in his heart, his faith may move mountains, but will not glorify God because he’s not walking in love. According to James 3:16, bitterness and strife foster confusion, unrest, disharmony, rebellion and all sorts of evil and vile practices, which, of course, hinder the true ministry of the Holy Spirit.

In Mark 11, we read how Jesus spoke to a fig tree and the tree withered from its roots. Peter pointed out the effect of the Master’s words on the tree as they passed by the next day, and the Master’s used the opportunity to teach His disciples about faith. He made them know they could do the same thing He did to the fig tree, and even command mountains to move by exercising the least amount of faith: “And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God. For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith” (Mark 11:22-23).

However, right from the twenty-forth into the twenty-fifth verse of the same Mark eleven, Jesus pointed out a vital element needed for faith to work, the love-element: “…And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses” (Mark 11:25). The Master emphasized the need to walk in love by being quick to forgive those who might have offended you, in order for your faith and your prayers to be effective.

Romans 10:17 says “So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.” Faith to change your world comes to you in the Word of God. But bitterness, malice, strife and anger could choke the Word that ought to bolster your faith, thereby defiling and making it ineffective. So it’s in your interest not to habour bitterness, and also to be quick to forgive those who may have offended you. Refuse to have ought against anyone. That way, your faith will be undefiled: “Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled” (Hebrews 12:15).

Prayer
Dear Father, I manifest your love in every situation today, for nothing else counts in the Kingdom but faith activated, energized, expressed and working through love. I’m motivated and driven by your love today, and always, in all that I do, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Mark 11:24-25
Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them. And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.

Romans 5:5
And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

Daily Scripture Reading                       
1 Year Bible             Revelation 13:1-10
Reading plan            Daniel 7-8

2 Year Bible             Acts 2:14-24                   
Reading Plan            2 Chronicles 35               

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 3:49pm On Dec 23, 2011
Give The Lord An Unforgettable Christmas! – Friday December 23, 2011 – Pastor Anita

This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief (1 Timothy 1:15).

What's the best gift you can give to the Lord this Christmas season? Is it the hymns we sing, the nice Christmas decorations, shimmering lights and fireworks? All these are nice, but they really won’t impress Him because He lives in a place where the beauty and glory beats anything man has ever seen or can imagine. The streets in heaven are paved with gold, and the light in which He dwells is such that no man can approach unto (1 Timothy 6:16). So, all the “twinkling Christmas lights” and the “red-gold-and-green” decorations won’t really impress Him.

What will impress the Lord at Christmas is your gift of love to Him, expressed in leading a sinner to receive salvation. No one is applauded or honoured in heaven for putting up the finest Christmas decorations, or for organizing the loudest ChrisBvtmas party. What gets heaven’s attention is that person you touch with the love of Christ and lead to salvation. That’s what brings joy to the Father’s heart and causes all of heaven to exuberantly rejoice: “…joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance” (Luke 15:7).

This lets you know what your priority should be at this time of the year, and always! You should keep causing joy in heaven by leading men and women to salvation. It’s the greatest gift you can give to the Lord. Jesus was born to raise sons of God; and that’s what the Husbandman is waiting for. He’s looking out for the precious fruit of the earth (James 5:7). As you lead a sinner to Christ, you’re reaping His harvest; the souls of men.

Perhaps you won a sinner to Christ last Christmas and as a result there was joy in heaven, but now you ought to give the Lord another gift, so there’ll be greater joy. The greatest gift of all that you can give to Him is what we read in Luke 15:7: “I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.” Lead a sinner to Christ this season, and you’d have made it a memorable Christmas for the Lord.

Prayer
Dear Father, I adore and glorify you for your Word that has come to minister to me. I go forth to my world, reaching out to every one in my sphere of contact, and winning souls as I celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ. Thank you Lord, for my strength is renewed as an eagle’s and I’m ready to get you the greatest gift of all in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
1 Corinthians 9:16
For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Revelation 15
Reading plan Daniel 11-12

2 Year Bible Acts 2:37-47
Reading Plan Ezra 1

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 7:47pm On Dec 26, 2011
God’s Number One Passion – Monday December 26, 2011 – Pastor Anita

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life (John 3:16).

God’s number one passion is soul winning. This is the reason He sent His Son, Jesus Christ, into the world, not to reach out to the plants, mountains and animals, which are important, but to the world of humans. His great concern for humans is understandable; He made man in His own image and likeness which accounts for His burning desire to have men receive eternal life.

His overwhelming passion to reconcile men to Himself is highlighted in the assignment He gave to Jesus. He gave Jesus the most important job in the world – preaching the Gospel and bringing eternal life to men. Jesus buttressed this when He declared in John 10:10, “…I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.”

The Lord Jesus Christ has in turn passes on the Father’s passion unto the Church. He said in Mark 16:15, “…Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.” As a Christian, above everything else, you must take the responsibility of taking the Gospel to the ends of the earth seriously. Always remember this and do your utmost to fulfill the Father’s passion.

Prayer
Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for entrusting me with the divine responsibility of reaching my world with the message of eternal life. Thank you for the great privilege and honour to be able to share this divine truth of the Gospel. As I do this today, men and women are delivered from the bondage of darkness into the glorious liberty of the sons of God, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
2 Corinthians 5:18
And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

2 Corinthians 3:6
Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Revelation 18
Reading plan Zechariah 4-6

2 Year Bible Acts 4:1-12
Reading Plan Ezra 5

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 1:13pm On Dec 27, 2011
What Can You See? – Tuesday December 27, 2011 – Pastor Chris

And the LORD said unto Abram, after that Lot was separated from him, Lift up now thine eyes, and look from the place where thou art northward, and southward, and eastward, and westward: For all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed forever (Genesis 13:14-15).

When the Lord told Abraham to lift up his eyes and look, in the scripture above, He wasn’t referring to the man’s physical eyes, but to the eyes of his spirit. God told him all the land he could “see” was his; it was now up to Abraham to decide how far he wanted to see. Being a man of faith, he looked from his spirit and saw the whole world. The Bible says “For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith” (Romans 4:13). Abraham became the heir of the whole world by faith.

Now, that’s not the end of the story. The Bible says “So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham” (Galatians 3:9). You’re as much the heir of the world as Abraham: “And if ye be Christ’s then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise” (Galatians 3:29). No wonder the Bible declares that God has given you everything you require for life and godliness (2 Peter 1:3). However, it’s that which you’ve taken possession of by faith, that which your spirit has embraced, that you can enjoy. So it’s up to you! As far as your eyes can see, that’s what the Lord has given to you for an inheritance.

The question then is, “What do you see?” Concerning the coming year, for example, what do you see? Can you see yourself making progress? Can you see yourself walking in health, prosperity, joy and peace? You’ve got to see it, for that’s the key. See yourself walking in the wonderful blessings of God in the coming year.

As you fast and pray about the coming year, see yourself making unprecedented progress in every area of your life. See God taking you from glory to glory. Perhaps you’ve been praying and asking the Lord for a child, see that child with your spirit first. Whatever you’ve taken possession of from within, will certainly manifest in the physical.

Start practising how to see from your spirit, for your spirit is where the light of God is. God doesn’t function in the realm of the mind or senses. If you’re going to enjoy all the wonderful benefits of salvation God has in store for you, then you’ve got to see with the eyes of faith and speak forth what you see.

Confession
I declare that I’m living in divine health, absolute prosperity, unending success, abundant joy and indescribable peace today. As I look into the coming year with my eyes of faith, I see myself walking in the glory of God and experiencing unprecedented progress and success, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Genesis 15:5
And he brought him forth abroad, and said, Look now toward heaven, and tell the stars, if thou be able to number them: and he said unto him, So shall thy seed be.

2 Corinthians 5:7
(For we walk by faith, not by sightsmiley

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Revelation 19:1-10
Reading plan Zechariah 7-8

2 Year Bible Acts 4:13-22
Reading Plan Ezra 6

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 9:17am On Dec 28, 2011
Christianity – A Confession – Wednesday December 28, 2011 – Pastor Chris

…for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. So that we may boldly say… (Hebrews 13:5-6).

Some of the remarkable achievements in our Ministry that we see today are the results of the confessions we made many years ago, and we’re still talking. We’re still creating new realities for today and the future with the Word of faith in our mouths. This is because we’ve come to understand Christianity as “the great confession.” No one can live a successful Christian life by being a “quiet believer.” By that, I mean believing, but not talking. You must translate your believing into faith by “talking” what you believe.

Some even feel they can pray, sing or carry out spiritual activities by just thinking in their minds. No. The Christian life is lived by words; it’s for talkers. Now, this has nothing to do with being talkative or loquacious, I’m referring to talking the Word. It’s not enough to believe. Neither is it scriptural to pray in your mind. You must speak, and speak the right words. Jesus said in Matthew 12:37, “For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.”

In Mark 11:23, He again placed premium on words when He said “For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.” The Scripture’s insistence on declaration, confession, announcement or talking what you believe is further amplified for us in Romans 10:9: “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.”

Your confessions create realities. When Jesus taught His disciples on faith, as we read in Mark 11:23 above, He laid much emphasis on “saying,” indicating the vital role of “speaking” in our lives as Christians. To live an effective Christian life, you have to put the Word of God on your lips; it’s God’s recipe for success as revealed in Joshua 1:8: “This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth, but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.”

Every day, speak words that are consistent with God’s divine provisions, plans and purpose for your life. You can talk your way out of any predicament, and talk yourself to the top! The power is in your mouth (Proverbs 18:21).

Confession
The Word of God is in my heart and in my mouth today, burning on my lips, and prevailing as I speak it forth. My life is a testimony of your grace, love and mercy because your good and eternal Word is fulfilled in me always and forever, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Joshua 1:8
This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

Mark 11:23
For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Revelation 19:11-21
Reading plan Zechariah 9-11

2 Year Bible Acts 4:23-37
Reading Plan Ezra 7

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 9:44am On Dec 29, 2011
Jesus: The Revelation Of God’s Love – Thursday December 29, 2011 – Pastor Anita

For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ (John 1:17).

The children of Israel were only acquainted with the acts of God and hence only knew Him as a God of judgment. They weren’t acquainted with Him as a loving heavenly Father, whose nature is love. They perceived Him as a terror-judge who at the slightest provocation pours out His wrath without mercy. But God is not that way. He is love. Jesus said anyone who had seen Him, had seen the Father (John 14:9). He came to reveal the Father to us, and Jesus was the embodiment and expression of love when He walked the earth.

In the Old Testament, God related with the children of Israel through laws and commandments. However, they couldn’t obey His statutes and had to face the resultant consequences. But thanks be unto God: In John 1:17, the Bible says “For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ” When Jesus came, as He walked the streets of Galilee, He touched everyone with God’s love. Even the worst offenders, including those who unjustly persecuted Him were not left out. He touched them all with God’s love.

Everything Jesus did when He walked the earth was love-inspired. He was love in action. The miracles He performed, the contents and style of His communication, and His actions were all an expression of His love. Even when He was angry, He expressed it in love. He was the revelation of God’s love. Make this your testimony too. Let those around you see Jesus in your eyes. Show them that unfeigned divine love no one can deny.

Make it the perfect yuletide for those God will bring your way this season, as they experience God’s love through you. 1 John 4:8 says “He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.” Let love be the flag flown high from the castle of your heart this Christmas. Talk love, and act love. Be known as a man or woman of love.

Prayer
Lord Jesus, thank you for showing to us the true nature of the Father, which is Love. Your love is expressed through me to the world today; in my style and mode of communication, and in my actions. I take advantage of the love of God that has been shed abroad in my heart by the Holy Spirit. Hallelujah!

Further Study
2 Corinthians 13:14
The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen.

1 Corinthians 13:8
Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Revelation 20
Reading plan Zechariah 12-14

2 Year Bible Acts 5:1-11
Reading Plan Ezra 8

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 7:34am On Dec 30, 2011
The Truth About Child-baptism! – Friday December 30, 2011 – Pastor Chris

Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it (Proverbs 22:6).

Many people have different thoughts about infant baptism. There’re those who argue it’s wrong to baptize a child because they say the child has to grow up first to the age when he or she can understand and believe the Gospel. This group insists that one must first believe to be baptized. Well. None of us was there when Jesus died, but we believed and got saved. We believed in the death, burial and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ in retrospect, looking back at the Cross.

In much the same way, if you baptize a child and the child grows up, and is taught the significance of baptism; he can believe it too. There’s nothing wrong with child-baptism. The Bible says 1 Corinthians 7:14: “For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.” What this means is that the children of the believer are sanctified; they belong to God. But there’s no way they’re going to know this unless they’re taught. So we need to show them from the Word of God that they’re sanctified unto God. That way, they’ll know and believe it.

That’s the reason the Bible says “Train up a child in the way that he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it” (Proverbs 22:6). You can go ahead and baptize your infant children and wards, and set them on course to be trained in the way of the Lord. Teach them to know from childhood that they belong to the Lord and have been sanctified unto Him, and that the training and teaching you given them from God’s Word will not depart from them.

Prayer
Dear Father, thank you for the blessing of your Word. I’m indeed loaded with benefits from your Word today, and my path is lighted by your Word to be guided aright and be imparted with wisdom; wisdom to know and do your perfect will at all times in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Mark 16:15-16
And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Revelation 21
Reading plan Malachi 1-2

2 Year Bible Acts 5:12-23
Reading Plan Ezra 9-10

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 1:24pm On Dec 31, 2011
Take Advantage Of Your Divine Arsenal – Saturday December 31, 2011 – Pastor Chris

When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell (Psalm 27:2).

There’s no doubt that these are the last days; the days of extreme wickedness. More than ever, the devil is bent on launching assaults – physical harms or even murder on people, especially God’s children. But he’s not a factor; he’s a defeated foe. It doesn’t matter what he and his demons concoct against you, you’re more than a conqueror. Isaiah 54:15-17 says “Behold, they shall surely gather together, but not by me: whosoever shall gather together against thee shall fall for thy sake. Behold, I have created the smith that bloweth the coals in the fire, and that bringeth forth an instrument for his work; and I have created the waster to destroy. No weapon formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord.” This just about says it all!

You’re not vulnerable or at the mercy of satan’s merciless onslaught. Not only are you impregnable to his attacks, you’re superior to him. Therefore, you have nothing to fear. Part of our divine armoury is the Name of Jesus, and speaking in tongues! When you’re confronted with danger or opposition, use the Name of Jesus! It doesn’t matter what the danger is, the Bible says “…Whosoever shall call upon the Name of Lord shall be saved” (Acts 2:21).

In the face of trouble, you can boldly declare like the Psalmist: “I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust” (Psalm 91:2). Realize that you’re not ordinary; therefore you’re not susceptible to satan’s attacks; it doesn’t matter in what form it comes, 2 Samuel 3:33-34 records David’s lamentations over Abner, one of David’s mighty men who was murdered: “And the king lamented over Abner, and said, Died Abner as a fool dieth? Thy hands were not bound, nor thy feet put into fetters: as a man falleth before wicked men, so fellest thou. And all the people wept again over him.” Here, David shows that anyone who’s in relationship with Jehovah shouldn’t die a fool’s death; for we’re not defenseless! We’re divinely protected from the evil and peril in this world. When trouble strikes, refuse to fear. Rather, use the Name of Jesus; talk in tongues fervently. When you call the Name of Jesus, the Lord responds to you with deliverance!

Confession
Lord Jesus, I thank you for peace, security, joy, comfort and protection we have in your Name. I abide daily under the shadow of your protective wings, shielded from harm, terror and all evil. I fear nothing and no one, because in you I live and move and have my being! Amen.

Further Study
Proverbs 18:10
The name of the LORD is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe.

Psalms 91:11
For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Revelation 22
Reading plan Malachi 3-4

2 Year Bible Acts 5:24-32
Reading Plan Nehemiah 1-2

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 2:15pm On Jan 04, 2012
Faith Undefiled – Wednesday December 21, 2011 – Pastor Chris
For [if we are] in Chris Jesus, neither circumcision nor uncircumcision counts for anything, but only faith activated and energized and expressed and working through love, (Galatians 5:6 AMP).

Faith works by love (Galatians 5:6). When a Christian allows strife and bitterness in his heart, his faith may move mountains, but will not glorify God because he’s not walking in love. According to James 3:16, bitterness and strife foster confusion, unrest, disharmony, rebellion and all sorts of evil and vile practices, which, of course, hinder the true ministry of the Holy Spirit.

In Mark 11, we read how Jesus spoke to a fig tree and the tree withered from its roots. Peter pointed out the effect of the Master’s words on the tree as they passed by the next day, and the Master’s used the opportunity to teach His disciples about faith. He made them know they could do the same thing He did to the fig tree, and even command mountains to move by exercising the least amount of faith: “And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God. For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith” (Mark 11:22-23).

However, right from the twenty-forth into the twenty-fifth verse of the same Mark eleven, Jesus pointed out a vital element needed for faith to work, the love-element: “…And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses” (Mark 11:25). The Master emphasized the need to walk in love by being quick to forgive those who might have offended you, in order for your faith and your prayers to be effective.

Romans 10:17 says “So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.” Faith to change your world comes to you in the Word of God. But bitterness, malice, strife and anger could choke the Word that ought to bolster your faith, thereby defiling and making it ineffective. So it’s in your interest not to habour bitterness, and also to be quick to forgive those who may have offended you. Refuse to have ought against anyone. That way, your faith will be undefiled: “Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled” (Hebrews 12:15).

Prayer
Dear Father, I manifest your love in every situation today, for nothing else counts in the Kingdom but faith activated, energized, expressed and working through love. I’m motivated and driven by your love today, and always, in all that I do, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Mark 11:24-25
Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them. And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.

Romans 5:5
And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

Daily Scripture Reading                       
1 Year Bible             Revelation 13:1-10
Reading plan            Daniel 7-8

2 Year Bible             Acts 2:14-24                   
Reading Plan            2 Chronicles 35               

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 9:15pm On Jan 05, 2012
Rule Over Your Spirit - Thursday January 5, 2012 – Pastor Chris

Like a city whose walls are broken down is a man who lacks self-control (Proverbs 25:28 NIV).

Someone once asked me "Pastor Chris, how do I get over my addictions? I have tried speaking to them but I am still tempted to do the same things. What should I do?" First, you’re not supposed to be speaking to your addictions, but to yourself. You can talk to your addictions all year long, but nothing will change. Secondly, you have to add some other qualities to your faith; such as temperance; this will help you gain the mastery over any addiction.

What anyone who’s struggling with addiction needs is to exercise rule over his spirit. You declare to yourself "I have self-control and I am going to put it to work; I have rule over my spirit." When you make such declarations, it will pilot you and help you bring your thoughts, will, emotions and physical senses into subjection to the Word of God. The word translated ‘rule’ in Hebrew is ‘matsar’ and is akin to the Greek word "Egkrateia" which means temperance or self-control. It’s restraint exercised over one’s own impulses, emotions or desires. It means to hold oneself in.

2 Peter 1:5-6 says "And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; And to knowledge temperance…." God wants you to have rule over your spirit, that’s why He put these beautiful qualities in your spirit to make you fruitful always.

The Apostle Paul in Galatians 5:22-23 lists temperance as a feature of your recreated human spirit: "But the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law." No Christian should say "Well, I can’t control my desires" or "I have no rule over my spirit." What you need do is to let your spirit gain the mastery. Through the agency of the Word of God and the influence of God’s Spirit, your spirit is regulated to gain the mastery over your mind, body and emotions.

Prayer
Dear Father, I declare that I am not under servitude to any attitude, habit, addiction or lifestyle that is inconsistent with your perfect will for me. I allow your Word to have full control over my spirit, soul and body; I have the ability to make the right judgments and choices in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
2 Peter 1:5-9
And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;
6And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
7And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.
8For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
9But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.

Proverbs 16:32
He that is slow to anger is better than the mighty; and he that ruleth his spirit than he that taketh a city.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Reading Plan : Matthew 5:1-20; Genesis 12-14
2 Year Reading Plan : Matthew 3:1-9; Genesis 5
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 11:38am On Jan 06, 2012
God Wants You To Bless Your World – Friday January 6, 2012 – Pastor Anita

Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth (Ephesians 4:28).

God wants you to bless your world! That’s the reason He wants you to work with your hands, not because you’ll go hungry if you don’t. Jesus said: “Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?” (Matthew 6:26). If the birds and beasts don’t work and yet never go hungry, because God takes care of them, how much more will He take care of you, His peculiar treasure! God can take care of you. He however wants you to work so you can contribute to the development of your world.

As a child of God, you should never be idle. Even if you don’t have a job yet, find something you’re good at; something that’s good for God and good for people, and start doing it. Don’t let this month go by without you doing something. Find a need, and reach out to meet it. It doesn’t matter how menial you might think your present job or assignment is, do it with dignity and excellence. Don’t be ashamed of what you do, and never look down on yourself. Remember, you’re a child of God, and through you, the blessing comes on whatever you’re involved in.

The Bible tells us that through a slave named Joseph, the blessing came on Potiphar’s house (Genesis 39:5). No matter what you do, let it be done excellently and for the betterment of your world. Become committed to making the world around you a better place. Let those around you feel your impact; let them be happy that God brought you their way. Your job is your door to the world; your opportunity to express yourself and the perfections God has deposited within you.

Psalms 139:14 says you’re “…fearfully and wonderfully made…” That means you’re one of a kind; a creation of complexity and wonder, not easily explained; that’s what you are. There’s so much within you that the world can benefit from. That’s why you have to make up your mind to be the best of you; for God wants to bless the world through you.

Prayer
Dear Father, I recognize my vocation and skills as avenues you’ve created for me to bless my world. Thank you for increased grace and ability to positively impact my world as I live gloriously for you, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Genesis 12:2
And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:

1 Thessalonians 4:11-12
And that ye study to be quiet, and to do your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you; That ye may walk honestly toward them that are without, and that ye may have lack of nothing.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Matthew 5:21-48
Reading plan Genesis 15-17

2 Year Bible Matthew 3:10-17
Reading Plan Genesis 6

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 3:16pm On Jan 07, 2012
Give Big – Saturday January 7, 2012 – Pastor Chris

But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully (2 Corinthians 9:6).

Givers are very special to the Lord, and they rule the world. You can never be less than what you give, for the more you give, the more you receive. The Lord Jesus alluded to this when He said in Luke 6:38 “Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom…”

Our opening scripture says “…He which soweth sparingly shall also reap sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall also reap bountifully.” This is a spiritual principle that is always sure to produce results: “Let each one [give] as he has made up his own mind and purposed in his heart, not reluctantly or sorrowfully or under compulsion, for God loves (He takes pleasure in, prizes above other things, and is unwilling to abandon or to do without) a cheerful (joyous, "prompt to do it"wink giver [whose heart is in his giving]…” (2 Corinthians 9:7 AMP).

Take the experience of Solomon for an example. The Bible records in 1 Kings 3:4 that he offered a thousand burnt offerings to God, and this moved the Lord to visit him that same night: “…the LORD appeared to Solomon in a dream by night: and God said, Ask what I shall give thee” (1 Kings 3:5). He got a blank cheque from the Lord for his big giving. This clearly shows that no matter how big we give, we can never out-give God.

Make up your mind this year to give bigger than you’ve ever done. Your giving begins with giving to God that which belongs to Him. That means your firstfruit offerings, tithes, and special seeds. When you do this, He’ll surely multiply your seeds sown and increase your capacity to give, and you’ll have more and more.

Prayer
Dear Father, I thank you for showing me the way to financial abundance, and for the grace you’ve given me to out-give my past this year, more than ever before. I declare that I’m blessed in my giving as I receive a multiplied harvest of every seed sown, and increase in the fruits of my righteousness, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Proverbs 3:9-10
Honour the LORD with thy substance, and with the firstfruits of all thine increase: So shall thy barns be filled with plenty, and thy presses shall burst out with new wine.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Matthew 6:1-18
Reading plan Genesis 18-19

2 Year Bible Matthew 4:1-11
Reading Plan Genesis 7

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 8:13am On Jan 08, 2012
Be Abreast With His Present Truths – Sunday January 8, 2012 – Pastor Chris

Wherefore I will not be negligent to put you always in remembrance of these things, though ye know them, and be established in the present truth (2 Peter 1:12).

As a minister of reconciliation, you’re God’s instrument for building not only your life but the lives of others also. So it’s important to always be attuned to Him in fellowship to have the latest information so you can build exactly what He wants, and live a life that’s well pleasing to Him.

The experience of Moses is a good example to learn from. God revealed Himself to Moses as Jehovah and said, “I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name Jehovah was I not known to them.” He was telling Moses, “Your fathers didn’t know me with the name of Jehovah, so I’m giving you a new revelation of who I am.” So Moses at that moment had the latest information from “headquarters.”

But things have changed since Moses, and that’s why, today, we don’t pray to the Father with the name Jehovah, we pray to the Father in the Name of Jesus. Jehovah means Lord, but we don’t use it to cast out devils; we use the Name of Jesus instead. That’s the present truth in which God expects us to function; He wants you to be established in this present truth.

Also, in Exodus 3:6. God spoke to Moses from heaven, saying “…I am the God of thy father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.” But many years later, in Acts 9:5, a voice speaks to the Apostle Paul from heaven and when he (Paul) asked “Who art thou Lord?” The voice didn’t say, “I am the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.” The answer this time was “I am Jesus…” So, now, the Father reveals Himself through His Son, Jesus (Hebrews 1:1). He is still the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, but the present truth is that the fulness of the Godhead, bodily dwells in Jesus. No wonder Jesus said, “…he that hath seen me, hath seen the Father” (John 14:9).

It’s expedient for you to be abreast with the present truths from God’s Word. For this to happen, you’d have to study the scriptures to learn the progression of revelation, and be attuned to the Lord all the time in fellowship. Fellowship with Him through prayer, and the study of the Word, and fellowship with other believers as well! This is important for your spiritual growth and edification.

Prayer
Dear Heavenly Father, how I love your Word; it’s life to my spirit and light to my path. The entrance of your Word has illuminated my path to know and walk in your perfect will. As I fellowship with you today through prayer and study of your Word, I receive divine insight and guidance for my progress and prosperity in the mighty Name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study
2 Timothy 2:15
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Hosea 6:3
Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the LORD: his going forth is prepared as the morning; and he shall come unto us as the rain, as the latter and former rain unto the earth.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Matthew 6:19-7:1-6
Reading plan Genesis 20-22

2 Year Bible Matthew 4:12-25
Reading Plan Genesis 8

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (106) (Reply)

Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar / A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) / Marine Spirits...what Are They?how To Identify Them And Defeat Them.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 244
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.