Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,399 members, 7,812,173 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:30 AM

Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional (249954 Views)

REACHOUT NIGERIA 2014-with Rhapsody Of Realities / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional, January. 2014 / Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional And More Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (106) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 7:28am On Jun 09, 2011
Able Ministers Of The Gospel! – Thursday June 9, 2011 – Pastor Anita

But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth (Acts 1:cool.

As Christians, not only have we been divinely mandated to preach the Gospel (Mark 16:15), we’ve been endued with power from on high to function effectively as fervent souls winners. We’ve been made able ministers of the Gospel.

The Apostle Paul being mindful of this said, “And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry” (1 Timothy 1:12). We’ve been divinely enabled to manifest the Kingdom-life and show forth the unsearchable riches, graces, excellence and manifold wisdom of Christ through the preaching of the Gospel. This charge is for every Christian, not for a select few!

You ought to be afire for the Lord, with your heart burning hot with the Good News. Never allow opportunities to preach the Gospel pass you by unutilized. Never be shy or intimidated to preach to anybody: “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind” (2 Timothy 1:7). There’s an anointing on you to preach the Gospel, and that anointing is activated the moment you open your mouth to witness to somebody about Christ.

You have the Holy Spirit, and He has already enabled you for the task, so all you need do is to go ahead, open your mouth and speak! You’ll be amazed at the gracious and powerful words of wisdom that’ll proceed out of your mouth. He said in Luke 21:15, “For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist.” No wonder He said in Psalm 81:10, “…open your mouth wide and I will fill it…” Which means once you’ve determined you’re going to communicate the Gospel to someone, the Lord will give you the words to speak; yours is to open your mouth and begin to speak.

Begin conscious of what the Lord Jesus said in Luke 24:49 “…behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.” This was fulfilled in your life when you were born again; you received the promise of the Father and became endued and enabled with power from on high to preach the Gospel.

Prayer

Dear Father, thank you for making me an able minister of the Gospel; your word of faith, salvation, deliverance and healing is in my heart today as a burning fire, shut up in my bones. And I declare it forth with power everywhere I go today, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study

2 Corinthians 5:18

And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

1 Corinthians 4:1-2

Let a man so account of us, as of the ministers of Christ, and stewards of the mysteries of God. Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful.

1 Peter 4:10

As every man hath received the gift, even so minister the same one to another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Bible Acts 1

Reading plan 2 Chronicles 1-4

2 Year Bible Mark 16:1-11

Reading Plan Deuteronomy 7

Rhapsody of Realities Pastor Anita Oyakhilome
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Tsammy: 10:25pm On Jun 09, 2011
You have the Holy Spirit, and He has already enabled you for the task, so all you need do is to go ahead, open your mouth and speak! You’ll be amazed at the gracious and powerful words of wisdom that’ll proceed out of your mouth. He said in Luke 21:15, “For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist.” No wonder He said in Psalm 81:10, “…open your mouth wide and I will fill it…” Which means once you’ve determined you’re going to communicate the Gospel to someone, the Lord will give you the words to speak; yours is to open your mouth and begin to speak.

Thank god for his spirit at work in our lives,
Thanks Mabel for a good job
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 11:10am On Jun 10, 2011
Don’t Break The Hedge! – Friday June 10, 2011 – Pastor Chris
He that diggeth a pit shall fall into it; and whoso breaketh an hedge, a serpent shall bite him (Ecclesiastes 10:cool.

Every child of God has a spiritual force-field around him; it’s a hedge of protection that repels the enemy. Did you ever read about Job in the Bible? Satan had tried unsuccessfully to attack the man, and so he asked God, “Hast not thou made an hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath on every side?” (Job 1:10).

Even satan acknowledged that there was a hedge of protection round about Job and everything he had, until Job unfortunately breached it through his wrong confessions as revealed in Job 3:23-26: “Why is light given to a man whose way is hid, and whom God hath hedged in? For my sighing cometh before I eat, and my roarings are poured out like the waters. For the thing which I greatly feared is come upon me, and that which I was afraid of is come unto me. I was not in safety, neither had I rest, neither was I quiet; yet trouble came.”

Here was a man who even satan acknowledged was hedged and divinely protected by God, yet he said “I was not in safety.” Little wonder he suffered terribly and lost everything he had to satan; He broke the hedge of protection placed around him by God through his negative confession. How important it is for us to keep speaking forth faith-filled words and not fear! Negative confessions breach the hedge of protection God has placed around you.

No child of God ought to experience sudden calamities or be overtaken by dire misfortunes; because there’s a hedge of protection around everyone one of us. No matter how the enemy tries to come at you, the Spirit of God will erect a repellent barrier against him: “…When the enemy shall come in, like a flood, the Spirit of the Lord will lift up a standard against him {and} put him to flight [for He will come like a rushing stream which the breath of the Lord drives]” (Isaiah 59:19 AMP). But guess what? He does it through you, for He functions and carries out His ministry in the earth through His kids.

So it’s your responsibility to fortify the hedge of protection placed around you by God and extend its perimeter. How? By talking right, and then also by praying in tongues! When you feel the pressures of life coming at you; maybe at your job, business, academics or in any area of your life, that’s not the time to cry, cower or talk fear! Instead, pray fervently in other tongues and talk your faith up until the power of God inundates your whole being and saturates the environment. As you do this often, the spiritual force-field around you gets wider and wider, repelling the enemy farther and farther.

Prayer

Dear Father, thank you for your hedge of protection around me. The perimeter of that hedge is activated to keep satan and the forces of darkness at bay, in the Name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study

Psalm 125:2-3

As the mountains are round about Jerusalem, so the LORD is round about his people from henceforth even for ever. For the rod of the wicked shall not rest upon the lot of the righteous; lest the righteous put forth their hands unto iniquity.
James 4:7

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Bible Acts 2:1-21

Reading plan 2 Chronicles 5-7

2 Year Bible Mark 16:12-20

Reading Plan Deuteronomy 8

Rhapsody of Realities Pastor Chris Oyakhilome
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 7:14pm On Jun 18, 2011
Make Melody Of The Word In Your Heart – Saturday June 18, 2011 – Pastor Anita
                                      And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess, but be filled with the Spirit (Ephesians 5:18).

Reading our opening scripture further into the nineteenth and twentieth verses tells us exactly how to be filled with the Spirit: “Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord; Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ” (Ephesians 5:19-20). These psalms, hymns and spiritual songs you’re required to speak in order to be filled with the Spirit must be based on God’s Word, for the Word and the Spirit are one: “, the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life” (John 6:63).

This lets us know that one of the ways to be filled with the Spirit is to sing or make melody of the Word in your heart to the Lord. That means wherever you are, you can muse over, ponder or mutter the Word to yourself until it forms a melody in your heart that burst forth into a joyful psalm or spiritual song.

You can be so full of the Word through meditation that you only sing the Word and make sweet melodies of the Word. It happens to me quite often. I’ve learnt to talk and sing the Word of God to myself. And when you fellowship with the Word in this manner God reveals divine secrets to you. Suddenly, you find that you’re awakened to new realities in the Word that transport you to a higher level in life.

Practise being filled with the Spirit through singing and making melody of the Word in your heart to the Lord. When you fellowship with the Lord through the Word in this manner, His thoughts are unveiled to you; you become more receptive to the move of the Spirit. So I urge you today to let those springs and rivers of living water (John 7:38); the rich deposit of the Word in your heart, continuously flow out of you, in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs unto the Lord!

Confession

The power of the Spirit overwhelms me today as the Word of God comes forth through me in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs unto the Lord. The Word gains root in my heart and gains the dominion over my thoughts and actions today, as I make joyful melodies of the Word in my heart unto my Lord. Amen.

Further Study

Psalm 95:1-2

O come, let us sing unto the LORD: let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation. Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise unto him with psalms.

Daily Scripture Reading        

1 Year Bible            Acts 7:54-8:8

Reading plan           2 Chronicles 31-32

2 Year Bible             Luke 2:8-20

Reading Plan            Deuteronomy 16
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by xheggs(m): 12:41am On Jun 19, 2011
What Have You Been Believing GOD For? Good Awaits You Today. Great excerpt from Pastor Adeboye's Open Heavens Devotional.
http://www.theopenheavens.com/devotional/sunday-19-june-2011-good-awaits-you-today/

Enjoy!
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 10:14am On Jun 21, 2011
Have Value For Spiritual Things – Tuesday June 21, 2011 – Pastor Anita
For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit (Romans 8:5).

In Genesis 25:29-34, when Esau was asked for his birthright, his reply showed that he didn’t place any value on sacred things. Genesis 25:32 (AMP) says “Esau said, See here, I am at the point of death; what good can this birthright do me?” Esau knew that the birthright had blessings, but it didn’t mean anything to him. So he sold his birthright to Jacob for a morsel of food and didn’t consider the spiritual implication of that act and it cost him the inheritance, which his younger brother got in his place.

Hebrews 12:17 says “For ye know how afterward, when he would have inherited the blessing, he was rejected: for he found no place of repentance, though he sought it carefully with tears.” Esau was sense-ruled. The Bible refers to him as profane (Hebrews 12:16). He allowed the desire, need and the pleasures of his flesh to govern him. He treated sacred things irreverently or with disregard. Esau didn’t esteem the blessings and that forever caused him his right as firstborn.

Not to esteem spiritual things is what the Apostle Paul describes as being carnally minded. It is to set your mind on the natural things of life; on the things you can perceive with your senses that gives immediate gratification. The Bible says, “For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace” (Romans 8:6). This isn’t referring to physical death but spiritual death, which is separation from the life of God. When your actions are carnal, you cannot please God (Romans 8:cool. Carnality is the road to destruction, because the carnal mind is enmity against God.

So, refuse to condescend to the low level of being led by your senses; rather, let God’s Word be your motivation because you’re no longer ruled by the flesh but by the Spirit (Romans 8:9). Be about the spiritual like Jacob. He was after the blessing, which is spiritual.

Confession

I’m spiritually minded. I don’t base my opinions, judgments and responses on what my physical senses tell me. Rather, I live according to the information passed to my spirit from the Word of God, in the Name of Jesus.

Further Study

Romans 8:1

There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Romans 9:8

That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Bible Acts 9:32-43

Reading plan Ezra 1-3

2 Year Bible Luke 2:41-52

Reading Plan Deuteronomy 19

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 12:27pm On Jun 22, 2011
Called To Bless! – Wednesday June 22, 2011 – Pastor Chris

And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed (Galatians 3:cool.

One of the everyday conveniences that has a great impact on our lives was invented in 1879 by Thomas Alva Edison. Many others who previously tried gave up because of the seeming difficulty involved. However, Edison persisted, He had a strong resolve to be a blessing to the world. Today, after he is long gone, not only is he remembered as an astute scientist whose immense contributions have ushered many more inventions, he is also renowned for giving the world one of its finest and most important inventions – the incandescent light bulb!

Imagine what the world would have been like without light. This is what the Bible refers to as witty inventions (Proverbs 8:12) Many today have done much more. You can also be that one man that’ll cause a major change in today’s world. You’ve been blessed to be a blessing. When the Lord told Abraham, “…in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed” (Genesis 12:3), he wasn’t just referring to Abraham alone, but his seed – Christ. As a new creation in Christ Jesus (2 Corinthians 5:17) you’re the seed of Abraham (Galatians 3:29).

Therefore, it’s your responsibility to be a blessing to your world. You’re that agent of change that your community, your state, nation and the world as whole is looking for. You’ve been imbued with the divine wisdom to chart a new course and bless your world. In Proverbs 25:2, the Bible says, “It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter.” Through the Spirit, you can search out hidden treasures to bless your world.

No matter the field you’re in, you have the wisdom to provide solution to problems and answers to questions. Colossians 2:2-3 tells us that the treasures of wisdom and knowledge are hid in Christ. This same Christ has been made unto you wisdom (1 Corinthians 1:30). The wisdom of God in you has separated you from mediocrity to excellence; you have in you the grace to change and bless your world.

Prayer

Dear Father, I thank you for anointing my mind with divine wisdom to affect the lives of people all over the world. I am the seed of Abraham. My thoughts are anointed, and I implement those ideas by the ability of God’s Spirit at work in me, in Jesus’ mighty Name. Amen.

Further Study

Proverbs 4:7

Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.

Proverbs 25:2

It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter.

Ephesians 1:17

That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Bible Acts 10:1-23

Reading plan Ezra 4-6

2 Year Bible Luke 3:1-11

Reading Plan Deuteronomy 20

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 11:50am On Jun 25, 2011
Three Creative Principles Of The Human Spirit – Saturday June 25, 2011 – Pastor Chris

And now abideth faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love (1 Corinthians 13:13).

Faith, hope and love are the three creative principles of the human spirit. They are also abiding principles, as indicated in our opening verse. This means that when all else fails, these three principles will remain; they’ll never pass away.

Animals don’t have and can’t exhibit these principles, for they are qualities of the human spirit. They are factors that help us understand and appreciate the yearnings of the human nature. They help explain why we are the way we are, and why we do things the way we do. When you get to understand faith, hope and love, you’ll understand yourself much better and also understand things about God that you never knew.

Like all laws, these three principles of faith, hope and love don’t function on their own; they must be applied or acted upon. Faith, hope and love are in your spirit, but that doesn’t mean they are going to work on their own. You’re the one to make a choice to act your faith, to always be hopeful towards God, and to walk in love.

With your faith, you can do anything: “…verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you” (Matthew 17:20). Then, Romans 5:5 tells us “And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.” That’s means hope never disappoints.

The reason hope doesn’t disappoint is that the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Spirit (Romans 5:5). Love in your heart gives life to your faith, for the Bible says faith works by love (Galatians 5:6). When you activate these three principles in your life, you’ll be extraordinarily productive.

Prayer

Dear Father, I thank you for granting me understanding of faith, hope and love; I function today with these higher principles of the Kingdom, and declare that they’re producing positive supernatural results as I put them to work in my life, Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study

1 Thessalonians 5:8

But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.

1 Thessalonians 1:3

Remembering without ceasing your work of faith, and labour of love, and patience of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ, in the sight of God and our Father;

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Bible Acts 11:19-30

Reading plan Nehemiah 1-3

2 Year Bible Luke 4:1-13

Reading Plan Deuteronomy 23

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 7:59am On Jun 26, 2011
Unconditional Blessings – Sunday June 26, 2011 – Pastor Chris

Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life (Romans 5:18).

Under the Old Testament, God’s blessings for the children of Israel were preconditioned on their obedience to the Law. They had to obey the Law to enjoy the benefits of the first covenant. For example, in Exodus 19:5-6, God had desired that the children of Israel walk as kings and priests before Him, but their obedience was a prerequisite for the blessings to take effect in their lives: “Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine: And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation.”

However, they broke His laws and couldn’t enjoy the blessings. But this isn’t the case with us today in the New Testament. Colossians 1:12 says “Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light.” We’ve been made partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the Kingdom of light. We’re sharers and participators in the blessings and benefits of the Kingdom-life reserved for all God’s children. This happened when you were born again; you were born with an inheritance. You don’t have to try to “obey” the law for God to bless you; you were born blessed (Ephesians 1:3).

Also, you’re the fruit of Christ’s obedience: “Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life. For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous” (Romans 5:18-19). Can you now see why you don’t have to try to obey God first for Him to bless you? Someone obeyed God on your behalf, and His Name is Jesus. Through His obedience, God’s gift, His blessing of righteousness, was bequeathed to you.

Nowhere in the New Testament are we told to “obey” God or “obey” the Law. Rather, we are called His obedient children: “As obedient children, not fashioned yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance” (1 Peter 1:14). We’re described in scriptures as having obeyed God’s Word of truth from the heart (Romans 6:17). So our blessings and inheritance in Christ aren’t preconditioned on obedience; rather, they are our birthright!

Prayer

I thank you dear heavenly Father, for qualifying me to be a partaker of the inheritance of the saints in light. I reach forth today and take a hold of all that’s mine in Christ, and enjoy the benefits and privileges reserved for all who are in Christ Jesus. Amen.

Further Study

Ephesians 1:3

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

1 Peter 3:9

Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing.

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Bible Acts 12

Reading plan Nehemiah 4-6

2 Year Bible Luke 4:14-32

Reading Plan Deuteronomy 24

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 9:13am On Jun 29, 2011
Dominate Your World – Wednesday June 29, 2011 – Pastor Chris

And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen. (Revelation 1:6).

In Revelation 5:10, the Bible says God has made us “…kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.” This is powerful! To understand what God had in mind when He made us kings, let’s observe something striking about the first man, Adam. On the day God created him, God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. And God blessed them, and God said unto them, be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it…” (Genesis 1:26-28).

The Bible says God made Adam in His own image and likeness – to look and function like Him. Have you ever wondered how God functions? Who exactly is He? He is the great God of glory; the King of kings. By His words, He created the entire universe. And in Genesis 1:26-28, we read that He made the first man Adam, to be a king just like Himself, to reign and subdue everything in the earth.

Ecclesiastes 8:4 says “Where the word of a king is, there is power: and who may say unto him, What doest thou?” Now you can understand better what our opening verse means when it says God has made us kings. We’ve been given great authority to dominate our world. We can subdue systems, ideas, laws, and traditions that are contrary to the Gospel and establish God’s will in the earth.

As kings, we can decree a thing and have it established unto us. That’s the way we rule and reign with Him in the earth today. The Bible says “…they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ” (Romans 5:17).

Confession

I reign and rule in life as a king, and I have received abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness. Therefore I know that the words I speak are potent because where the word of a king is, there’s power!

Further Study

Job 22:28

Thou shalt also decree a thing, and it shall be established unto thee: and the light shall shine upon thy ways.

Revelation 5:10

And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Bible Acts 14

Reading plan Nehemiah 11-13

2 Year Bible Luke 5:11-26

Reading Plan Deuteronomy 27

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Zikkyy(m): 1:11pm On Jun 29, 2011
mabell:

Unconditional Blessings – Sunday June 26, 2011 – Pastor Chris

Unconditional blessings cheesy hmmmm, this is interesting smiley

mabell:

We’re sharers and participators in the blessings and benefits of the Kingdom-life reserved for all God’s children. This happened when you were born again; you were born with an inheritance. You don’t have to try to “obey” the law for God to bless you; you were born blessed (Ephesians 1:3).

Members are born blessed abi smiley no need to obey the law for God to bless you abi smiley so what all this talk about tithe and sowing seed left, right and center
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 11:00am On Jun 30, 2011
You Can Laugh Your Way Through Life! – Thursday June 30, 2011- Pastor Anita

Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place (2 Corinthians 2:14).

There’re people who don’t know what is to be happy; they haven’t known true joy or genuine laughter for long time. But that’s not the life Jesus brought. Life for the Christian ought to be exciting, vibrant, fulfilling and full of laughter. That’s why Jesus came; to save us, help us, prosper us, and give us a great, joyous and prosperous life; and He finished His job successfully. He was a success at what He came to do, and you’re the fruit of His success.

Now, since He came because of you, you’re the trophy of His victory, you ought not to go through life suffering, struggling and toiling. If we are still suffering with sin and disease, sickness and poverty then it means His sacrifice for us on the cross was in vain. But thanks be unto God; it wasn’t in vain! His death, burial and resurrection ushered us into a life of permanent victory and unending glory; a life of indescribable joy (1 Peter 1:cool.

The Bible speaks of the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow (1 Peter 1:11). So you ought to rejoice and laugh your way through life every day, knowing that you’ve been called into the glory-life. It’s a transcendent life of victory where you win all the time! You might say, “No Pastor, this hasn’t been my experience; it’s like this Christian life is full of ups and downs; it’s a journey through the rough and rugged road.”

No it’s not. It doesn’t matter how “rough and rugged” a road might be, if you ply it with the “right vehicle,” you’ll have a smooth ride. Applying the accurate knowledge of God’s Word to the circumstances of your life is what you need. Yes, you may face tests, trials and persecutions; the Bible promises us that. But yet it also says, “My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations” (James 1:2). This just lets you know it’s a life of victory all the way; you’re to laugh your way through life, irrespective of the adversities that may come your way. Romans 8:37 says, “Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.”

Confession

The joy of the Lord is in my heart and in mouth today, and I prevail in all my endeavours, knowing that the power of God in my spirit gives me the boldness to surmount any adversity! I thank you, righteous Father, for giving me a beautiful life; a life of victory all the way!

Further Study

Psalm 2:1-4

Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing? The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, saying, Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us. He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the LORD shall have them in derision.

Proverbs 17:22

A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones.

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Bible Acts 15:1-21

Reading plan Ester 1-4

2 Year Bible Luke 5:27-39

Reading Plan Deuteronomy 28

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 1:42pm On Jul 01, 2011
Put Away Childish Things – Friday July 1, 2011 – Pastor Chris

When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. (1 Corinthians 13:11).

From our opening verse above the Apostle Paul explains the order of the communication of the babe in Christ. First he “spoke,” ahead of understanding and thinking. The spiritually mature would rather think before speaking.

As long as a believer remains at the babyhood level of communication, where his words are at variance with the realities of the new creation, he will not experience the best of his inheritance in Christ. The Bible says in Galatians 4:1, “Now I say, That the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing from a servant, though he be lord of all,” King Solomon alludes to this in Ecclesiastes 10:5-7; he calls it an error that proceeds from the ruler “There is an evil which I have seen under the sun, as an error which proceedeth from the ruler: Folly is set in great dignity, and the rich sit in low place. I have seen servants upon horses, and princes walking as servants upon the earth.” How true!

As one who is born again you’re Abraham’s seed; therefore all of God’s blessings belong to you: “And if ye be Christ’s then are ye Abraham’s seed and heirs according to the promise” (Galatians 3:29). But your words must align with the Word of God. The Word of God is the wisdom of God; it’s the language of the spiritually mature: “Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect…” (1 Corinthians 2:6)

For example, when a Christian says “O Lord, heal me; I just caught the flu and I am so sick”; you can immediately locate him as a babe in the things of the Spirit. The spiritually mature would rather speak the wisdom of God. Rather than talk sickness, he’d speak health and life, He’d say “The same Spirit that raised up Jesus from the dead dwells in me therefore I cannot be sick, I’m vitalized by the power of God – spirit, soul and body!” Can you see the difference?

The babe in Christ seeks to be healed; but the spiritually mature knows he cannot be sick, because he is the righteousness of God in Christ and therefore speaks accordingly. James 3:2 AMP says “For we all often stumble and fall and offend in many things. And if anyone does not offend in speech [never says the wrong things], he is a fully developed character and a perfect man, able to control his whole body and to curb his entire nature.” Spiritual maturity is measured by your words. Therefore it’s important that you grow in the Word unto maturity, and learn to communicate rightly.

Prayer

Father, I thank you for your Word that inspires faith in me thereby causing my spiritual understanding to be sharpened, and my communication perfect. Thank you for granting me knowledge of all that belongs to me in Christ Jesus, which things also I speak, in Jesus’ Name Amen

Hebrews 5:13-14

For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe. But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

1 Corinthians 2:13

Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

Romans 8:19-22

For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God. For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope, Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Bible Acts 15:22-35

Reading plan Ester 5-7

2 Year Bible Luke 6:1-11

Reading Plan Deuteronomy 29

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 9:06am On Jul 03, 2011
Exercise Authority Over Your Body – Sunday July 3, 2011 – Pastor Anita

Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you (Luke 10:19).

As a child of God your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost (1 Corinthians 6:19). Which means your body is not yours; it’s owned by God, but you’re the custodian or caretaker of your body, where the Spirit of God dwells. You’re to keep watch over your body and keep it in health. You’re the one to decide what to allow or disallow from your physical body. This is the reason you must learn to exercise authority over your body by rejecting sickness, disease and infirmity.

Sometimes we find believers who ignorantly make the wrong confessions over their bodies; like the one who says, “O, I have this growth on my shoulder” or “I always wake up with headaches.” When folks talk this way, they’re actually nursing and pampering sickness over their bodies without realizing it.

Rather than nurse and pamper sickness in your body with such negative confessions, you ought to exercise your God-given authority and say “In the Name of Jesus, I refuse to accommodate headaches.” Say, “I cut out this growth from my body in Jesus’ Name.” In our opening scripture Jesus said, “Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.” This should let you know that you’re not ordinary; refuse to be infected by any sickness, disease or infirmity.

When sickness tries to fasten itself to your body, reject it. You have the right to tell your body how it should feel. Don’t accommodate sickness in your body; cut it out with the Word of God. Tell your body what to do and it will do it. Don’t say, “I’ve got sugar diabetes;” rather take charge of your blood-sugar; use your tongue to control every situation. Say, “In the Name of Jesus, I refuse diabetes any place in my body”; and your words will come to pass. That’s what Jesus said to us in Mark 11:23; He said you shall have what you say.

In the same way, you can rise above any form of addiction by refusing to be dominated by anything. If you’ve been struggling with any addiction, declare with boldness “I’m not going to let anything dominate me!” Keep your body in subjection to the Word of God, and refuse to give satan any foothold in your physical body.

Confession

My body is the temple of the Holy Ghost; every fiber of my being – from the crown of my head to the soles of my feet – is vitalized by the Spirit of God. The life of God in me destroys sickness, disease and infirmity; therefore I’m “uninfectable.” Hallelujah.

Further Study

Matthew 10:5-8

These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand. Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Bible Acts 16:16-40

Reading plan Job 1-2

2 Year Bible Luke 6:20-30

Reading Plan Deuteronomy 31

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 8:57am On Jul 04, 2011
Inherent Power – Monday July 4, 2011 – Pastor Chris

But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you… (Acts 1:cool.

As a new creation in Christ Jesus, you’re powered from within. Inherent in you is the dynamic ability to cause changes. This power became resident in you upon receiving the Holy Spirit, not needing to be replenished by any outside force. We see this in the life of Jesus. Throughout His earthly ministry, He never once prayed to the Father for more power. He was powered from within by the Holy Spirit.

It’s the same with us today. All of God’s power became domiciled in your spirit when you received the Holy Spirit. You don’t need to pray to God for more power, or for Him to send His power down. He already did by sending the Holy Spirit on the day of Pentecost, and the opening scripture confirms that you received this power into you when you received the Holy Spirit.

In John 5:26 (AMP), Jesus said, “For even as the Father has life in Himself and is self-existent, so He has given to the Son to have life in Himself and be self-existent.” In the same way, if you’re born again and have received the Holy Spirit, the life in you is the same life God has. The power you wield doesn’t come from above anymore; it’s independently resident in you.

You can put this power to work anywhere, anytime, because it’s independent of any other power; it doesn’t need help from God, man or angels. With this consciousness, you can change anything and bring forth – prosperity, health, solutions and new ideas – as you activate that power within you. 2 Corinthians 4:7 says “…we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.” There’s power in you to do the impossible. Blessed be God!

Confession

I have within me the inherent dynamic ability to cause changes. I take full advantage of my divine abilities in Christ and effect changes in and around me today. I am full of God’s might, and function by His power and glory today, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study

Acts 10:38

How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

Mark 16:17

And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Bible Acts 17:1-15

Reading plan Job 3-5

2 Year Bible Luke 6:31-38

Reading Plan Deuteronomy 32

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 4:17pm On Jul 05, 2011
A Good Confession – Tuesday July 5, 2011 – Pastor Chris

Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus … (Hebrews 3:1).

In 1 Timothy 6:13, Paul admonishing young Timothy said “I give thee charge in the sight of God, who quickeneth all things, and before Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed a good confession…” The same Greek word “homologia” which actually means “confession” is translated “profession” in our opening scripture. It doesn’t mean to admit and declare your sins; rather, it means speaking the same thing in agreement with God. So a good confession is that statement that lines up with what God has already said in His Word; you agree with, and declare what the Word says about you or your situation – in spite of pressure or opposition.

John gives us a detailed account of the dialogue that ensued between Jesus and Pilate. Though the Master was betrayed, mocked, abused and wrongly accused, He remained undaunted on the witness stand. Under the severest pressure before Pilate the Governor who threatened Him saying “…knowest thou not that I have power to crucify thee, and have power to release thee?” (John 19:10), Jesus fearlessly kept His composure and maintained a good confession. I’m often thrilled at His response to the Governor’s interrogation. Very calmly, yet emphatically, He confessed, “I am a King” and also added, “My kingdom is not of this world” (John 18:36-37).

The Master’s testimony before Pilate was one of the Word. He spoke the same thing in consent with the Word in spite of the pressure. That’s what a good confession is; declaring the truth of God’s Word about you; giving a powerful witness to the reality of the Word in your life! In Revelation 1:5, the Bible says "And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth…” He gave a powerful witness to the reality of the Word in His life. He spearheaded this great and beautiful life of good confessions. No wonder Christianity is often referred to as “The Great Confession.”

In the face of staggering oppositions, refuse to flinch or cower. Maintain your faith-filled confession by declaring who you are according to the Word. It may be some trouble with your health, finances, or at your job; refuse to talk fear or unbelief. Very firmly, faithfully, and courageously speak the Word of God concerning such situations, and you’ll definitely come out victorious.

Prayer

Lord Jesus, the Apostle and High Priest of my confession, I give glory to your Name. Just as you maintained the beautiful confession before Pilate, I declare that I have the victory in this world. I refuse to be moved by the light afflictions that I see, for I know they are subject to change. Hallelujah!

Further Study

Romans 4:20

He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God;

Hebrews 4:14-15

Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Bible Acts 17:16-34

Reading plan Job 6-8

2 Year Bible Luke 6:39-49

Reading Plan Deuteronomy 33

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 5:28pm On Jul 14, 2011
God Always Sends A Man – Thursday July 14, 2011 – Pastor Chris

There was a man sent from God, whose name was John (John 1:6).

When people pray for a revival in a city or for the salvation of souls, God doesn’t come down from heaven Himself to make it happen; He sends a man. Whenever He wants to do something for a nation or a people He sends them a man. To bring the children of Israel out of bondage in Egypt, He didn’t send an army; He sent Moses. To save the world, He didn’t send an angel, He sent Jesus in the form of a man.

When the Lord wanted to bring joy to the city of Samaria, He sent Philip: “Then Philip went down to the city of Samaria, and preached Christ unto them. And the people with one accord gave heed unto those things which Philip spake, hearing and seeing the miracles which he did. For unclean spirits, crying with loud voice, came out of many that were possessed with them: and many taken with palsies, and that were lame, were healed. And there was great joy in that city” (Acts 8:5-cool. Always, He sends men when He wants to do something for men.

Each time God sends a man, He gives him the necessary credentials required to fulfil his assignment. One time, John the Baptist sent two of his disciples to ask Jesus if He was the Messiah sent by God. Jesus replied them saying, “…Go your way, and tell what things ye have seen and heard; how that the blind see, the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead raised, to the poor the gospel is preached” (Luke 7:22). These are the required credentials of a man sent from God.

When you come into Christ, God sends you a man of God – one He has anointed to nurture you through His Word and provide you with pastoral guidance. Such a man is anointed to bring you God’s message that’ll guard your life against all odds. 2 Chronicles 20:20 says, “…Believe in the LORD your God, so shall ye be established; believe his prophets, so shall ye prosper.” It’s important to believe the Word of God from your anointed man of God, because it will keep you from making unnecessary errors. Even if you were in trouble already, the counsel of God from the man sent to you from God will get you out of that situation and establish you on the right path.

In Mark 16:15, the Lord Jesus said “…Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.” This means you also have been sent with an anointing to bless your world, and you have the necessary credentials required to fulfil your calling: “And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover” (Mark 16:17-18).

Prayer

Dear Father, thank you for sending me an anointed man of God with words to guide and keep me in the way of your Word. Thank you also for sending me to my world with the Gospel of power. I fulfil my ministry today by your Spirit, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study

Acts 8:5-8

Then Philip went down to the city of Samaria, and preached Christ unto them. And the people with one accord gave heed unto those things which Philip spake, hearing and seeing the miracles which he did. For unclean spirits, crying with loud voice, came out of many that were possessed with them: and many taken with palsies, and that were lame, were healed. And there was great joy in that city.

Acts 11:11-14

And, behold, immediately there were three men already come unto the house where I was, sent from Caesarea unto me. And the Spirit bade me go with them, nothing doubting. Moreover these six brethren accompanied me, and we entered into the man's house: And he shewed us how he had seen an angel in his house, which stood and said unto him, Send men to Joppa, and call for Simon, whose surname is Peter; Who shall tell thee words, whereby thou and all thy house shall be saved.

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Bible Acts 22:22-23:1-11

Reading plan Job 36-39

2 Year Bible Luke 8:40-56

Reading Plan Joshua 10

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 5:30pm On Jul 16, 2011
Have Respect For The Anointing – Saturday July 16, 2011 – Pastor Chris

And he said unto his men, the LORD forbid that I should do this thing unto my master, the LORD’S anointed. to stretch forth mine hand against him, seeing he is anointed of the LORD (1 Samuel 24:6).

David was a man who understood the anointing and had respect for the Lord’s anointed. The Bible tells us how one day, Saul, with a band of three thousand chosen men sought for David, to kill him. But it was David who eventually had the opportunity to have killed Saul. He refrained.

Though David went only as far as cutting off Saul’s skirt while the latter slept, the Bible says “it came to pass afterward, that David’s heart smote him, because he had cut off Saul’s skirt. And he said unto his men, The Lord forbid that I should do this thing unto my master, the Lord’s anointed, to stretch forth mine hand against him, seeing he is the anointed of the Lord. So David stayed his servants with these words, and suffered them not to rise against Saul…” (1 Samuel 24:5-7). David recognized the anointing of God upon the life of Saul and had respect unto it.

Similarly, David’s unequivocal respect for the anointing was further demonstrated when he ordered the death of the Amalekite who confessed to have killed Saul. He said to the man: “…Thy blood be upon thy head; for thy mouth hath testified against thee, saying, “I have slain the LORD’S anointed” (2 Samuel 1:16). David thus proved himself worthy of the anointing. God later testified of him saying, “I have found David my servant; with my holy oil have I anointed him: (Psalm 89:20).

Understand that what you respect, you attract. If you want to walk in the anointing of God’s Spirit, you must have respect for the anointing. Honour and respect God’s anointed servants. Under no circumstance should you speak evil of them, seeing that they’re anointed of the Lord. God said in Psalm 105:15, “…touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm.” In Romans 14:4 He says “Who art thou that judgest another man’s servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand”

Prayer

Dear Lord, I’m so glad you made me fit to be a partaker of the inheritance of the saints in the Kingdom of light. I thank you for the anointing of your Spirit and manifestation of your grace in my life. My heart is bowed to you in adoration, my blessed Lord and Saviour! I worship you today and always, in Jesus’ Name Amen.

Further Study

1 Chronicles 16:22

Saying, Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm.

2 Samuel 1:14-16

And David said unto him, How wast thou not afraid to stretch forth thine hand to destroy the LORD's anointed? And David called one of the young men, and said, Go near, and fall upon him. And he smote him that he died. And David said unto him, Thy blood be upon thy head; for thy mouth hath testified against thee, saying, I have slain the LORD's anointed.

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Bible Acts 24

Reading plan Psalm 1-6

2 Year Bible Luke 9:10-17

Reading Plan Joshua 12

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 11:25am On Jul 22, 2011
The Anointing Brings Productivity – Friday July 22, 2011 – Pastor Chris

And it shall come to pass in that day, that his burden shall be taken away from off thy shoulder, and his yoke from off thy neck, and the yoke shall be destroyed because of the anointing (Isaiah 10:27).

1 Samuel 22:2 tells us of the different people that gathered themselves unto David: “…every one that was in distress, and every one that was in debt, and every one that was discontented, gathered themselves unto him; and he became a captain over them: and there were with him about four hundred men.”

This was a rendezvous of broken people with difficulties in various areas of their lives. They were behind in their finances, dissatisfied, unhappy, uncomfortable and discontented. These were the men that came to David, to be trained and mentored by him. But before then, David had been anointed by the prophet of God, Samuel (1 Samuel 16:12-13). So these men gathered unto David, because they understood that the anointing David had received was what they needed to come out of their difficult situation.

When you read further into the twenty-third chapter, several years later, their hitherto disgruntled state had changed. They were now called David’s mighty men (2 Samuel 23:cool. When it was time to give for the building of the temple, these men who were once in debt had become so prosperous that they gave so much for the construction of the Temple (1 Chronicles 29:6-7).

It reminds me of when we first started out in the ministry. Those who came to us – those we ministered to and won to Christ – were those who some other Christians thought were carnal, broken, dejected or too lost to be transformed. But we had the anointing that made the difference. Today, their stories have changed, and the same people are the ones doing great and mighty things for the Lord all around the world.

In Isaiah 32:15, the Bible says “Until the spirit be poured upon us from on high, and the wilderness be a fruitful field, and the fruitful field be counted for a forest.” The Holy Spirit brings the anointing into your life and makes you productive. He turns your wilderness into a fruitful field; He causes water to spring up from your desert. With the Holy Spirit, your experience will be that of productivity, growth, increase, expansion and progress in every area of your life, and a bursting forth on every side. Also, the anointing imparts authority to your words and brings grace into your life, causing you to walk in divine favour. Things just fall into place for you; failure, poverty and defeat become separated from your life.

Prayer
The anointing I’ve received of the Lord abides in me forever, and that anointing teaches me all things and makes me fruitful and productive in every endeavour. I go forth today by the anointing to influence and impact my world for the Gospel, in Jesus Name. Amen.

1 John 2:27

But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Bible Acts 27:27-44

Reading plan Psalm 23-25

2 Year Bible Luke 10:10-24

Reading Plan Joshua 19

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 3:22pm On Jul 25, 2011
Turn Your Face Away From Men – Monday July 25, 2011 – Pastor Chris

Then he turned his face to the wall, and prayed unto the LORD, saying, I beseech thee, O LORD, remember, now how I have walked before thee in truth and with a perfect heart, and have done that which is good in thy sight. And Hezekiah wept sore (2 Kings 20:2-3).

Our opening scripture shows us what King Hezekiah did when he was in a fix; he had just received a death sentence from God through the Prophet Isaiah. But rather than giving up, he turned his face to the wall in prayer unto the Lord. In other words, he turned away from men and turned to God, and God heard him.

There’re times you may find yourself confronted with a difficult situation. For example, you were served eviction notice, and now you need a new accommodation urgently. Or maybe you’ve been out of a job and have been in desperate search for one to no avail. You’ve wailed, lamented, complained, and solicited help from everyone you knew; particularly those you thought could help, and yet nothing changed. It’s time you turned your face away from men! Stop talking to men about the situation. You already told “everybody” and they couldn’t do anything about it. So stop talking to them. Instead turn to the Lord in prayer.

God alone has the ability to supply all that you need according to His riches in glory (Philippians 4:19). 1 Peter 5:7 (AMP) says “Casting the whole of your care [all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, once and for all] on Him, for He cares for you affectionately {and} cares about you watchfully.” In Psalm 50:15, He said, “…call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.” The Lord is your “very present” help in times of need (Psalm 46:1); so if you find yourself in a dire situation, all you need do is call on Him. He’s ever willing and delighted to hear your voice and answer your prayers: “For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers…” (1 Peter 3:12).

The result of Hezekiah’s intense prayer was that not only did God reverse his death sentence; He added fifteen more years to his life (2 Kings 20:6). God is no respecter of persons. If He did it for Hezekiah, He’ll do it for you too, if only you’ll quit seeing men as your source of help and turn to Him in full assurance of faith. Say like the Psalmist “I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth…” (Psalm 121:1-2).

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I thank you for being my source and my very present help in times of need! I rejoice and take courage in your Word for you’re the lifter of my head and my sufficiency! Your presence in me and with me has brought immense peace, joy and assurance to my heart to boldly declare that all of my needs are met according to your riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

Further Study

James 5:16

Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

Isaiah 31:1

Woe to them that go down to Egypt for help; and stay on horses, and trust in chariots, because they are many; and in horsemen, because they are very strong; but they look not unto the Holy One of Israel, neither seek the LORD!

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Bible Romans 1:1-17

Reading plan Psalm 32-34

2 Year Bible Luke 11:1-13

Reading Plan Joshua 23

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 10:17am On Jul 26, 2011
Cheer Up; There’s Hope For You! – Tuesday July 26, 2011 – Pastor Chris

Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost (Romans 15:13).

Hope is the positive expectation of a desired end. It’s a virtue that gives you strength and a purpose. Only Jesus Christ can give you extraordinary hope. When you have that kind of hope, you’ll be propelled to look forward to tomorrow with excitement, because hope is for the future. It’s to expect with confidence; to cherish a desire with anticipation of a positive outcome.

We find an example of this from the story of the woman who had an issue of blood for twelve years. She had spent all her earnings on medical bills, but instead of getting better, she only got worse. She heard about Jesus, and on a certain day, came up behind Him in the crowd and touched His clothes, “For she said within herself, If I may but touch his garment, I shall be whole” (Matthew 9:21). As soon as she touched the hem of Jesus’ garment her bleeding ceased, and she immediately knew she was healed. She didn’t need anybody to confirm her healing; she just accepted it and that was it.

Though the woman had become desperate, having found herself in a hopeless situation for twelve long years, hope came to her when she heard the Master was healing people. Her hope translated to faith when she told herself “I’m going to touch His clothes and be healed!” Never think the situation you might be facing is too hopeless, for no problem is insurmountable.

There’s hope for you in Christ! It makes no difference the medical condition you’ve been diagnosed with or the state of your finances; cheer up, there’s hope for you. The Bible says Christ in you, the hope of glory (Colossians 1:27). Look forward to tomorrow with excitement; keep your hope alive. Nurture it to the point it can’t be denied. You too can be healed; you can achieve that desire in your heart. It’s not over yet; see the ray of light in the horizon, for there’s a miracle for you right now in that situation for which you require a change. Hallelujah!

Confession

Thanks be unto God who has given me freely all joy and peace in believing, that I may abound in hope through the power of the Holy Ghost! My life is from glory to glory because Christ in me is my assurance for the upward and forward life!

Psalms 38:18

For I will declare mine iniquity; I will be sorry for my sin.

Psalms 71:14

But I will hope continually, and will yet praise thee more and more.

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Bible Romans 1:18-32

Reading plan Psalm 35-37

2 Year Bible Luke 11:14-26

Reading Plan Joshua 24

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 4:22pm On Jul 28, 2011
Fellowship Of The God-kind – Thursday July 28, 2011 – Pastor Chris

That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ (1 John 1:3).

We’ve been brought into a oneness of spirit – an inseparable union with divinity. We’ve been called into fellowship – partnership and togetherness with Deity; it’s the fellowship of the God-kind.

To have real fellowship with God you’ve got to be in His class of being. This is the reason the Spirit of God, through the Apostle Paul prayed that the believer might be filled with all the fullness of God; it’s because of the need for the fellowship of the God kind. He brought us into fellowship with Himself and with His Son Jesus. Little wonder the prayer of the Spirit through the Apostle Paul in 2 Corinthians 13:14: “The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen.” The communion of the Holy Ghost means walking with the Holy Ghost, it means fellowshipping with the Spirit.

2 Peter 1:4 says we’re partakers of the divine nature; it means were associates, comrades or fellows with Deity. There’s a oneness of spirit between us and our heavenly Father; a fellowship of the God kind! You partake of it not just because you’re born of God but because you’ve come to the level of maturity where you can relate with God in His own language. It’s not enough to be born of God; you can have a child – a son or a daughter – who is two years old. You can play with that child but you can’t have real fellowship with the child.

Real fellowship entails the rubbing of minds – sharing, talking at higher levels- where you can understand each other and exchange thoughts. This is the kind of fellowship God has called us into; it’s beyond making requests of Him in prayer. This kind of fellowship is not a one-way communication. Rather, it’s when God opens your mind to the realms of the spirit for you to understand things at His level. It’s when you see from the mountain top and communicate from the glory-realm.

Prayer

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for your grace, your love, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit! I’m exuberant today with praise and thanksgiving, knowing that I’ve been brought into an inseparable union and oneness of spirit with you! Thank you for making me a partaker of your divine nature.

Further Study

1 Corinthians 1:9

God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.

2 Corinthians 13:14

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen.

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Bible Romans 3

Reading plan Psalm 42-44

2 Year Bible Luke 11:37-44

Reading Plan Judges 2-3

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 6:13pm On Jul 30, 2011
A New Life Of Victory! – Saturday July 30, 2011 – Pastor Anita

Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life (Romans 6:4).

The Christian is not an ordinary person. The Bible says, “Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is new creation: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new” (2 Corinthians 5:17). This means old things, old limitations, old troubles, old pains, are passed away and all things have become new. A brand new life of victory is what you receive when you’re born again; not when you get to heaven, but right here on earth. In heaven, you don’t need any victory because there are no devils, demons or adverse circumstances to deal with. Here’s where you’ve got to face them, and you’ve already been assured of victory and endless possibilities.

Jesus said, “…all things are possible to him that believeth” (Mark 9:23). You’ve been given the right to live a good life and walk in supernatural prosperity and divine health. It’s also a life of soul-winning, for you’ve been called into the ministry of reconciliation: “And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation” (2 Corinthians 5:18). This means you must also openly testify of Jesus to those around you and serve Him with your life.

Make conscious efforts to find our from the Word of God today who you are, what rights or privileges belong to you, and what obligations are expected of you. This will help you discover more about the glorious life in Christ that you’ve received.

Prayer
Dear Father, I thank you for the new life I have received in Christ; it’s a life of glory and victory. As I continue to discover more about it from your Word, I am transfigured from glory to glory, in Jesus’ mighty Name. Amen.

Further Study

1 Peter 2:2

As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:

2 Timothy 3:14-15

But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them; And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Bible Romans 5:1-11

Reading plan Psalm 49-51

2 Year Bible Luke 12:1-12

Reading Plan Judges 5

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 6:02pm On Jul 31, 2011
Appreciate Others – Sunday July 31, 2011 – Pastor Chris

LORD, who may enter your Temple? Who may worship on Zion, your sacred hill? Those who obey God in everything and always do what is right, whose words are true and sincere, and who do not slander others. They do no wrong to their friends nor spread rumors about their neighbors (Psalms 15:1-3 GNB).

When you read or hear about people through the news media, it’s possible for you to have all kinds of ideas about them. But it’s important you don’t form opinions about others based on what you read or heard about them in the news.

In many societies today, it’s easy to find negative news published about the leaders because they’re always in the spotlight. But not everything written about them is true. I learnt a long time ago never to believe such stories but to act like Jesus: “…and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears” (Isaiah 11:3). You don’t have to be in the same place with some of these leaders or have a relationship with them before you appreciate them. Appreciate them for their work.

1 Thessalonians 5:12 (AMP) says, “Now also we beseech you, brethren, get to know those who labor among you [recognize them for what they are, acknowledge and appreciate and respect them all] – your leaders who are over you in the Lord and those who warn and kindly reprove and exhort you.” One of those things that have come to us – everyone of us – as a gift from God, is the ability to appreciate people; to like them, love them, and genuinely appreciate them.

Learn to see others through the eyes of love and cherish them more for who they are and the good things they do. Don’t believe all that others say about them. Have the necessary assumption that others are good and nice; start from there, and then let them be the ones to create their own images.

Prayer

Dear Father, thank you for showing me in your Word a more excellent way to live. I make a deliberate choice today to appreciate the good in others and never sander or believe the rumours others spread about them. Thank you for helping me achieve this in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study

Titus 3:1-2

Put them in mind to be subject to principalities and powers, to obey magistrates, to be ready to every good work, To speak evil of no man, to be no brawlers, but gentle, shewing all meekness unto all men.

Ephesians 4:31-32

Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice: And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Bible Romans 5:12-21

Reading plan Psalm 52-55

2 Year Bible Luke 12:13-21

Reading Plan Judges 6

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Micuilles: 10:40am On Aug 01, 2011
@ mabel

May God continually to bless you for this innovation. I was wondering how I'd get R.O.R. at this location since I could not get before leaving town, only for me to discover that Its pastred here daily. Thanks wink smiley wink
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by otoigiamu(m): 4:14pm On Aug 02, 2011
what happened here have they stopped posting
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 8:51pm On Aug 02, 2011
He Needs Your Permission – Tuesday August 2, 2011 – Pastor Chris

Verily I say unto you, whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven (Matthew 18:18).

Have you ever wondered why we still pray, even though the Bible says our Heavenly Father knows what things we have need of, before we ask Him? (Matthew 6:cool. Well, the answer is in the Word. First, you have to recognize that man is a free moral agent, with the rights and the power of choice. God never enforces His will, purpose or choice on anyone. That’s where prayer comes in. You’d have to dialogue or commune with Him in prayer concerning whatever it is you need of Him, even though He already knows what’s in your heart.

It brings to mind the famous words of the dear man of God who said “It appears God will do nothing, except someone asks Him.” How true. He needs you to cooperate with Him to bring His will and His good pleasure to pass in your life. The principle is that two can’t walk together except they agree (Amos 3:3). You agree with God when you speak the same things He has said concerning you in prayer. That way, you side up with Him to have His Word come to pass in your life.

For example, in Ezekiel 36, God made great promises to the children of Israel to bless them, prosper them, make them great, and do a whole lot of wonderful things for them (Read Ezekiel 36:26-36). But in verse 37, He said something rather remarkable concerning all the beautiful things He said He would do for them: “Thus saith the Lord GOD; I will yet for this be enquired of by the house of Israel, to do it for them.”

Think about this for a moment. Despite listing all the wonderful things He said He would do for them, He ended by saying they’d have to pray to Him for them to happen. What is God saying here? He’s letting you know that even though He wants to do great things in your life, you have to give Him the express invitation to do so.

Though God speaks prophetically in His Word of the great and glorious things He wants to do in your life, it’s your responsibility to ask for those things of Him. If there’re things in your life that you want changed, then go ahead and give the word! Until you do, nothing will change. God will only endorse for you the change that you’ve permitted.

Prayer

Dear Father, I take a stand against evil forces over my family, job and business. I declare that your mighty hand rests upon me, and upon my household and all that concerns me. I take advantage of your Word today, to deliver to me prosperity, success and victory, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study

Jeremiah 29:12

Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you.

Philippians 4:6

Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Bible Romans 6:15-7:1-6

Reading plan Psalm 60-63

2 Year Bible Luke 12:35-48

Reading Plan Judges 8

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 10:00pm On Aug 03, 2011
Refuse To Worry – Wednesday August 3, 2011 – Pastor Anita

Casting the whole of your care [all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns once and for all] on Him, for he cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully (1 Peter 5:7AMP).

There’re people who have a proclivity for worrying; for them, worrying is a lifestyle. They’re often burdened about their families, jobs, money, and generally overwhelmed by the cares of this life. This isn’t the way of life for the Christian. Our opening scripture reveals God’s thoughts concerning you. He wants you to cast the whole of your cares – all your anxieties, worries and concerns on him – once and for all.

You’re not to surfeit yourself with the cares of this world, but to leave them at the feet of the Master. Don’t cast your worries on Him in the morning and take them back in the afternoon, or start worrying again by night time. You can’t live your life that way. Someone once said, “I worry a little bit about my problems and let God worry about the rest.” No, don’t worry at all! Cast all your worries on him. Whatever it is that bothers you, lay it down before Him.

Psalms 25:8 says: “Good and upright is the LORD:” which is to say the Lord is good, and He is to be trusted. So trust in Him and depend on Him solely and wholeheartedly to help you and put you over every difficult situation. It’s His pleasure to do this, for He cares for you affectionately and watches over you lovingly. He’s always mindful of you, not to destroy you, but to help you be all that He created you to be. He didn’t create you to fail, but that your life will be to the praise and glory of His Name.

The Lord is passionate about your victory and success more than you could ever know, and He has put everything in place for you to live joyfully and experience His glory everyday of your life. Yours is to trust in Him with all your heart, and do what the Word says and He’ll perfect all that concerns you.

Confession

Dear Father, thank you for the efficacy of your Word, and its ability to mould my character and cause me to live in ever-increasing glory, grace and victory! I rejoice greatly today because I know you love me dearly and rejoice over me with singing. Therefore, I go forth today without a care, trusting you absolutely to meet all my needs, and perfect all that concerns me, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study

Jeremiah 29:11

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

Psalm 115:12

The LORD hath been mindful of us: he will bless us; he will bless the house of Israel; he will bless the house of Aaron.

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Bible Romans 7:7-25

Reading plan Psalm 64-67

2 Year Bible Luke 12:49-59

Reading Plan Judges 9

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 10:08am On Aug 04, 2011
Challenges: Your Opportunities For Victories – Thursday August 4, 2011 - Pastor Chris

While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal (2 Corinthians 4:18).

1 Samuel 17 tells the story of the confrontation between David and Goliath. Before David arrived at the battlefront, the Israelites, for forty days, were continually harassed and taunted by Goliath. Indeed, Goliath, from the natural standpoint appeared invincible, not just because of his immense stature and intimidating amour, but his belligerence! He defied the armies of the God of Israel, and challenged them to a fight.

When David heard that whoever defeated the giant would be rewarded – he and his household exempted from tax forever – amongst other benefits, he rose up to the challenge. Rather than be intimidated by Goliath’s immensity, he saw it as his opportunity for a good aim with his sling. With one smooth stone, he fell the great Goliath of Gath whom he decapitated with his own sword, winning the battle for the whole nation of Israel.

While King Saul and the entire army of Israel were terrified at Goliath’s size, perceiving him to be an insurmountable obstacle, young David saw an opportunity for victory. When his brothers tried to shut him up and talk him out of it, he said to them, “Is there not a cause?” (1 Samuel 17:29). He saw an opportunity to win for his countrymen and went for it. This is the kind of mentality we ought to have as Christians. Many today focus too much on the obstacles that circumstances and situations of life pose to them, and lose sight of the opportunities for victory in that situation.

In our opening scripture, the Greek word translated “look” means “to consider, mark, or take cognizance of.” The scripture therefore means not to give attention, consideration or take into cognizance of whatever challenges or obstacles you might face in your fight of faith. Rather, see every challenge as bread. See obstacles as stepping stones for your promotion, for nothing can successfully stand against you, because you’re more than a conqueror (Romans 8:37). Isaiah 54:17 says no weapon fashioned against you shall prosper. Therefore see all seeming impossible situations as opportunities for your testimony.

Confession

I refuse to be moved by any seemingly impossible situation or be distracted by the immensity of any challenging circumstances. Rather, my attention is fixed on God’s eternal Word and power of the Holy Spirit as I walk through life with confidence, gamboling over adversities as the victor that I am. Hallelujah.

Further Study

Romans 4:19-21

And being not weak in faith, he considered not his own body now dead, when he was about an hundred years old, neither yet the deadness of Sarah's womb: He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God; And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform.

Hebrews 12:2

Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Bible Romans 8:1-17

Reading plan Psalm 68-69

2 Year Bible Luke 13:1-9

Reading Plan Judges 10

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by winiamanda: 3:19pm On Aug 04, 2011
where are the challenges now!
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 10:23am On Aug 05, 2011
Power Through Your Hands – Friday August 5, 2011 – Pastor Chris

And it came to pass, when Moses held up his hand, that Israel prevailed: and when he let down his hand, Amalek prevailed (Exodus 17:11).

Our opening scripture refers to an account in the Bible where Moses told Joshua to take soldiers and go fight Amalek. Joshua did as Moses instructed, but as for Moses, he decided to go to the top of the hill, with Aaron and Hur whilst Joshua battled the Amalekites. As the battle progressed, Aaron and Hur made a remarkable observation.

Now, God hadn’t said to Moses to lift up his hands but Aaron and Hur discovered that every time Moses’ hands went up as they were on the mountain, Israel prevailed in battle against Amalek. But when His hands came down, Amalek prevailed. So it was about Moses’ hands. The victory-power for the children of Israel in that particular battle, as it were, was through the hands of Moses. In the twelfth verse, Aaron and Hur, upon noticing that Moses was getting weak, made him sit down while they both held his two hands up, one of them on either side until it was sun-down.

God’s people having the victory as long a Moses’ hands were lifted towards heaven reveals something quite significant about the lifting of our hands to the Lord. There’s a profuse effusion of divine power as we lift our hands in prayer and worship. No wonder the Apostle Paul said, “I would that men pray everywhere, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting” (1 Timothy 2:cool. So when you lift your hands up to the Lord and pray, you activate the heavenly powers and make them available in your behalf. And while your hands are still lifted high, you’ll begin to receive victory signals in your spirit.

Right away you may as well as well lift hands towards heaven and talk to the Lord in prayer. Worship Him from the depths of your heart, forgetting about yourself and whatever turbulent or challenging situation you might be in. Do this, knowing that your victory is inevitable as you worship and praise Him in the beauty of holiness, with your hands lifted high.

Confession

Dear Father, thank you for helping me through your Word and your Spirit to discover all you’ve deposited in me. I lift my hands to you right now in appreciation and acknowledgement of your wondrous love for me and great miracles in my life! I declare that the lifting of my hands would continually be to you as the evening sacrifice, as you lead me daily in triumphant processions, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study

Psalms 141:2

Let my prayer be set forth before thee as incense; and the lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice.

2 Corinthians 2:14

Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place.

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Bible Romans 8:18-39

Reading plan Psalm 70-73

2 Year Bible Luke 13:10-21

Reading Plan Judges 11

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 3:37pm On Aug 06, 2011
Don’t Look To Men; Look To God! – Saturday August 6, 2011 – Pastor Anita.

Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD. For he shall be like the heath in the desert, and shall not see when good cometh; but shall inhabit the parched places in the wilderness, in a salt land and not inhabited. Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is. For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit (Jeremiah 17:5-cool.

It’s common to come across people who see their job or business as their source of livelihood. There’re the ones who brag about earning their living from their hard work. Some others look up to their wealthy parents or friends for provisions. There’s nothing wrong with hard work or getting help from your parents or friends. What is wrong however is to focus on them as your source.

Our opening passage describes the unfortunate and hopeless state of the one who reposes confidence in his fellow man as his source. On the other hand, it salutes the blessedness of the one who trusts in the Lord, and whose hope the Lord is.

You have to understand that God is behind every supply or provision that comes your way. Philippians 4:19 says “But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.” Therefore as one who’s born again, look to the Lord and not to men for your needs. The Lord doesn’t want you trusting in the arm of flesh. He wants you to look to Him and His Word for your sustenance; depend on Him and live by faith in His Word.

The supply can come through any channel, for God is big and powerful enough to make something happen for you however He deems fit. But be smart and learn to give Him the glory, and never make the mistake of hanging your hopes on anyone but the Lord as your source.

Prayer

Dear Father, I thank you for teaching me to look to you and your eternal Word as my source, and not to men! Your Word is my life and I live by it today. Therefore, I’m like a tree planted by the stream daily bearing fruits of the new life in Christ; I’m moving from glory to glory, lacking nothing but having all my needs met according to your riches in glory, by Christ Jesus. Amen.

Further Study

Psalm 23:1

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.

Psalm 34:8-10

O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him. O fear the LORD, ye his saints: for there is no want to them that fear him. The young lions do lack, and suffer hunger: but they that seek the LORD shall not want any good thing.

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Bible Romans 9:1-29

Reading plan Psalm 74-77

2 Year Bible Luke 13:22-30

Reading Plan Judges 12

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (106) (Reply)

Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar / A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) / Marine Spirits...what Are They?how To Identify Them And Defeat Them.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 245
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.