Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,472 members, 7,823,097 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional - Religion (67) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional (250550 Views)

REACHOUT NIGERIA 2014-with Rhapsody Of Realities / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional, January. 2014 / Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional And More Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (106) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by thomwell: 3:50pm On Oct 12, 2017
Gombs:

Moral Excellence - .Thursday, October 12th .

Pastor Chris

And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue… (2 Peter 1:5).

“Virtue,” in our opening verse, means principle, moral goodness or excellence. God wants you to add that to your faith. You already have faith: “…according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith” (Romans 12:3). But as important as faith is, there’re certain things the Lord requires you to add to your faith if you’re to have a life of persistent productivity and ever-increasing glory. One of it is moral excellence.

God wants you to run your life by some godly standards and principles, and you’re to employ diligence in doing this: “…giving ALL DILIGENCE , add to your faith virtue.” This isn’t something you should be casual about; you’re to painstakingly and conscientiously see to it that your life is marked by some high moral standards; standards and principles from God’s Word.

For example, the Bible tells us that Jesus went to the house of God, the synagogue, as His custom was (Luke 4:16). Is that your standard? Do you have it as a custom, a principle, to go to church when it’s time for church? Or do you only go when it’s convenient? Some people only go to church when they feel like it; they have no standards. They lack moral excellence.

However, for Jesus, it was customary for Him to go to the synagogue. You ought to have that kind of discipline in your life: when it’s time to go to church, you go, because that’s the right thing to do, irrespective of other considerations that may arise.

In addition, have definite prayer and Word-study programmes and schedules. Don’t pray or study the Bible accidentally or casually, only when you feel like it. Let these be activities that are hallowed parts of your day and routine. Inculcate the discipline; it’s an indispensable ingredient for a highly effective, successful, and persistently productive life.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for showing me the importance of lavishly supplying moral goodness or excellence to my faith. The Spirit of excellence at work in me brings discipline and stability into my life, causing me to be diligent, ever fruitful and productive, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study :

Ephesians 5:8
For ye were sometimes darkness, but now [are ye] light in the Lord: walk as children of light:
:9 (For the fruit of the Spirit [is] in all goodness and righteousness and truthwink
:10 Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord. 11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove [them].

2 Peter 1:5 AMPC
For this very reason, adding your diligence [to the divine promises], employ every effort in exercising your faith to develop virtue (excellence, resolution, Christian energy), and in [exercising] virtue [develop] knowledge (intelligence),

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:1 Thessalonians 1-2:16, Isaiah 54-56

2-Year Bible Reading Plan:John 5:19-27, 1 Kings 19

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fdccisland%2Fvideos%2F1441186065930161%2F&show_text=0&width=560" width="560" height="315" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:54am On Oct 13, 2017
Forever Victorious In Him - Friday, October 13th .

Pastor Chris

Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place (2 Corinthians 2:14).

Psalm 91:3-7 is so comforting. It reveals God’s commitment to protect and take care of you—even in the midst of all the troubles and crises in the world! It says, “Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence. He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler. Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day; Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday. A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.”

Do you see why you should never faint or be dismayed by the happenings around you? Trust the Lord and His Word. You’re divinely protected from the wickedness and devilry in today’s world: whether at night, or in the day, the Lord protects and takes care of you. You’re in safety. Your faith response, therefore, should be, “Christ is in me, with me, and for me; therefore, I’m forever victorious!”

He said in Isaiah 43:2, “When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.” The environment in which you live is such that nothing can harm or destroy you. That environment is Christ.

To be in Christ is to be in God’s secret place of rest and protection. Psalm 91:1-2 says, “He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.” Christ is your refuge! In Him, you have nothing to fear, because you’re in safety and in prosperity. The world may be plagued with inflation and economic meltdowns, but your blessings and prosperity in Christ are guaranteed.

Confession...
I dwell in Christ, where I’m protected and live triumphantly every day. He’s my Refuge and my Fortress, in whom I confidently trust! I have no fears, because in Him I live, and move and have my being. He’s my strength and strong tower, and in Him I’m rooted and grounded, flourishing in every area of my life. Glory to God!

Further Study :

Colossians 1:27
To whom God would make known what [is] the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

1 John 4:4
Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

1 Corinthians 15:57
But thanks [be] to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:1 Thessalonians 2:17-3:1-13, Isaiah 57-58

2-Year Bible Reading Plan:John 5:28-32, 1 Kings 20
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 10:35am On Oct 14, 2017
SENSE KNOWLEDGE FAITH AND SPIRITUAL KNOWLEDGE FAITH - Saturday, October 14th

Pastor Chris

For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation (Romans 10:10).

There’s a difference between sense knowledge faith and spiritual knowledge faith. Sense knowledge faith is the faith that you’ve acquired through the senses; it’s the mother of modern inventions. Most of the institutions that we have today are the products of sense knowledge faith. In fact, you spent all your years in school building your faith on sense knowledge.

Sense knowledge faith is based on our observations, on what we can relate with using our senses of smell, sight, feeling, taste, and hearing. That’s why you hear people say, “If I can see it, I will believe it. If I don’t see it, I will never believe.” It’s because they’ve built their faith with their senses over the years. But that kind of faith is dependent on your physical body; your body houses your senses.

You’re however, not a body; you’re a spirit being. So, your senses can’t contact God. You don’t believe with your mind; you reason with your mind. Our opening verse says with the heart man believes, not with the mind. The heart is your spirit.

Being born again, God doesn’t expect you to run your life with sense knowledge faith. 2 Corinthians 5:7 says, “For we walk by faith, not by sight.” Sight means sensory perception! Romans 8:13 tells us, “For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.” The flesh refers to the senses; but you’re to live by faith in God’s Word.

God’s faith, spiritual faith, comes from hearing the Word of God. Romans 10:17 says, “So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.” When God’s Word comes to you, faith comes with it. The Word imparts faith to your spirit. That’s how come, for example, you’re able to believe that Jesus is the Son of God, without resorting to any scientific proof. You neither had to “feel” that He is, nor experience a visitation from an angel in the night, to know. The Word says He is, you heard it, and that spiritual knowledge imparted the faith to your spirit to receive it. Praise God!

Prayer...
Thank you Father for the wisdom and revelation I receive from your Word. My faith is active and it prevails, because it’s based on spiritual knowledge. I’m making progress and flourishing on every side as I grow in grace and in the knowledge of your Word, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Furrther Study:
John 20:29
Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed [are] they that have not seen, and [yet] have believed.

Romans 8:1
[There is] therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. ||

Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. ||

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Thessalonians 4:1-18, Isaiah 59-60

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 5:33-47, 1 Kings 21
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 9:36am On Oct 15, 2017
The New Birth : A Must For Every Man -Sunday , October 15th 2017.

Pastor Chris

Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again (John 3:7).

Romans 3:23 says, “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.”All men sinned in Adam and came legally under Satan’s dominion. How did this happen? Romans 6:16 says, “Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?” Adam obeyed Satan and became his servant; he submitted his authority to Satan. That’s the authority Satan uses today to oppress and keep man in bondage.

To be free from Satan’s dominion, man has to be born again, and become a new creature.
This new creation is made possible by the resurrection of Jesus Christ. The Bible calls Him the first begotten of the dead (Revelation 1:5). He’s the first to rise from spiritual death, and all those who are born again have also come out of spiritual death.

This is why we preach the Gospel, so that men may know they don’t have to be in bondage to Satan anymore. They're don’t have to be cut off or alienated from the life of God. Consider the description of those who aren’t born again in Ephesians 2:12: they’re “...aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world.”

How could anyone live without God? How could anyone live in such utter darkness and blindness? Nothing could be more deplorable and hopelessly terrible! It’s the reason Jesus said, “Marvel not that I said…Ye must be born again” (John 3:7). When you’re born again, you’re at once transferred from the domain of darkness into the kingdom of God’s dear Son.
You’re immediately separated from death unto life, and you’ll never perish (John 3:16).

Failure, sickness, defeat, poverty and everything that’s of darkness aren’t a part of your life now that you’re born again. There fore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new” (2 Corinthians 5:17).

Confession...
I believe that God raised up Jesus from the dead, and boldly affirm the Lordship of Jesus over my life. Therefore, I'm a partaker of the divine nature, and I live the life of glory, righteousness, success, health, prosperity and victory in Christ. Hallelujah

Hello Saints. Kindly Get your Free PDF copy of Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional, Teevo, Early Readers, and Kids Rhapsody, OCTOBER edition for free in ANY language of your choice and share the link with friends to bless someone. Just click this link http:///2tpbRxC

You Are God Best

Further Study :
John 3:3-7 Ephesians 2:19 Acts 4:12

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:1 Thessalonians 5:1-28Isaiah 61-63

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:John 6:1-14 1 Kings 22
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:43am On Oct 16, 2017
The New Creation Needs No Deliverance - Monday, October 16th .

Pastor Chris

Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son (Colossians 1:13).

Our opening verse is a present-truth. A verse like this makes one wonder at folks who though born again, are still seeking deliverance. The Word says God has delivered us from the power of darkness, and has transferred us into the Kingdom of His love-Son. He’s done it already. You don’t need any deliverance. Even the non-Christian has been delivered, because the death of Jesus Christ brought redemption, deliverance to all men, not just those who become Christians.

Understand who the Christian is: He’s a new creation, a brand new man; he was never set free from sin or from Satan, because he was never in servitude to sin or Satan. 2 Corinthians 5:17 says if any man is in Christ, he’s a new species of being that never existed. Everything about your life, right from the moment you received Christ, is brand new. You have a brand new life that’s not subject to the devil, sin and its consequences.

It just doesn’t add up to think God would give birth to a new creation that’s subject to Satan! James 1:18 says, “Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of first fruits of his creatures.” We’re literally born of God; we’re His legal and vital offspring, with power and authority to cast out devils. We’re one with God; we have His very life, and are in His class of being! This is who the Christian really is! He’s been raised together with, and made to sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus, far above all principalities and powers.

If at any time, Satan or any of his demons shows up around you, cast him out. You have the power and authority in the Name of Jesus to that effect. Irrespective of the experiences that you may have had, what you might be going through now or what you think, God’s Word remains true: you’re superior to Satan; keep him where he belongs—under your feet!

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for guiding me in continuous victory! I reign and rule over the elements of this world by walking in your Word, manifesting the power of the Spirit! I’m seated with Christ in the heavenly realms, far above all principalities and powers. Thank you for your glory in my life, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study :

John 8:36
If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

Luke 10:19
Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:2 Thessalonians 1:1-12, Isaiah 64-66

2-Year Bible Reading Plan:John 6:15-21, 2 Kings 1-2
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 9:44pm On Oct 17, 2017
The New Birth AND Eternal Life - Tuesday, October 17th

Pastor Chris

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life (John 3:16).

Our opening verse, though a very popular verse in the Bible, isn’t fully understood and appreciated by many. It says anybody who believes in Jesus should not perish, but have everlasting life. That’s a spiritual decree. If you believe in Jesus, you’re automatically severed or separated from those that should perish; you’re not numbered amongst them. In addition, you receive something: eternal life; the very life and nature of God.

2 Corinthians 5:17 says, “Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.” When you come to Christ, you receive salvation, and are baptized into Him. He becomes your abode, and in Him, you’re a new creature, a new species of being; old things have passed away, and all things have become new.

You’re not the same person you used to be; you’re a new man, a new being in Christ Jesus! Your human life was supplanted by eternal life, the life and nature of God. Your body now houses a new type of life; this life in you makes you indestructible and supernatural, being the very life of God. John underscores this fact when he says, “And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son” (1 John 5:11).

The new birth and eternal life are present-hour realities of the Gospel. If you’re born again, you have eternal life. It’s not a promise; you have it in you now. If you don’t know about it, you’ll never put it to work; you’ll be living the human life even though you have a divine life. Be conscious of the divine life in you, and enjoy its riches and benefits. 1 John 5:13 says, “These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life....”

Prayer...
Heavenly Father, I thank you for sending Jesus to die for me, that I may have eternal life! I declare that this life is working in every fibre of my being, repelling sickness, disease, infirmity, death, poverty and everything that’s inconsistent with the provisions of the Gospel, in the Name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study :
1 John 5:11-12
And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12 He that hath the Son hath life; [and] he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

1 Peter 1:23
Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Romans 6:4
Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:* 2 Thessalonians 2:1-17, Jeremiah 1-2

2-Year Bible Reading Plan:* John 6:22-29, 2 Kings 3
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:37am On Oct 18, 2017
The Ascension And His Promised Return - Wednesday, October 18th .

Pastor Chris

And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight (Acts 1:9).

The ascension of Jesus is one subject that the Church hasn’t emphasized enough around the world. We’ve talked a lot about His resurrection because it’s so important; in fact, the resurrection is the birth of Christianity. But His ascension is a most extraordinary thing that happened after His death. For the first time in human history, a man physically ascended into the presence of God, letting us know that there’s life beyond this earth realm.

He didn’t vanish or disappear. He levitated in his glorified physical body. Up until then, His maternal siblings didn’t quite believe in Him. They heard Him preach and saw the miracles He did, but one thing they couldn’t accept was the fact that He said, “I’m from above” (John 8:23). “How could that be, when He’s lived here with us, under the same roof, these many years?” they must have wondered.

But His ascension changed everything! It left no room for speculation as to His whereabouts. His disciples, His mother and siblings were all there and watched Him as He levitated and left this world. Before their very eyes, Jesus went beyond the clouds. It then dawned on them that the man they grew up with was truly the Son of God. Hallelujah!

Acts 1:10-11 says, “…while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.” Yes, indeed, one day very soon, the last Church service would have held, and all that we’re doing today in preaching the Gospel will all be over: (Read 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17).

This is the hope of every Christian: our life with the Lord in eternity. The Bible says, “…every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure” (1 John 3:3).

Prayer...
Precious Lord Jesus, you left us with a promise that you’ll come back to take us to be with you in eternity. What a day of joy and rejoicing that will be! Thank you for such blessed hope and consolation; I’m overwhelmed with joy as I contemplate the bliss that shall be mine when I shall see you face to face. Amen.

Further Study :

2 Timothy 4:8
Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

John 14:3
And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, [there] ye may be also.

Acts 1:10 AMPC
And while they were gazing intently into heaven as He went, behold, two men [dressed] in white robes suddenly stood beside them,
:11 Who said, Men of Galilee, why do you stand gazing into heaven? This same Jesus, Who was caught away and lifted up from among you into heaven, will return in [just] the same way in which you saw Him go into heaven.

Daily Scriptures Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:2 Thessalonians 3:1-18, Jeremiah 3-4

2-Year Bible Reading Plan:John 6:30-40, 2 Kings 4
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:09am On Oct 19, 2017
Righteousness : Divinity Manifested in Humanity - Thursday , October 19th 2017.

Pastor Chris

But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets (Romans 3:21).

Righteousness has been rightly described as right standing with God. But there’s another description; it’s the rightness of God at work in the human person—divinity manifested in humanity. Put more succinctly, righteousness is God’s life and love at work in you.

It’s a fact of the Gospel that the Father has given us His own righteousness; we can now stand in His presence without guilt, condemnation or inferiority. He’s given us His rightness, His ability to do right, so we can live in consonance with Him. We don’t have to struggle to please Him; it’s our life and nature now to live before Him in righteousness and true holiness (Ephesians 4:24).

Romans 5:1 says, “Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:”Now, we think, talk and act the same way. The Bible says, ”…they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ” (Romans 5:17). Our right standing with God gives us the ability to reign as kings in this present world. We reign over demons, over this world and its systems.

Besides, not only did God make us righteous, He did something else which is so powerful and mind-blowing. 2 Corinthians 5:21 says, “Forhehathmadehimtobe sinfor us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.”Jesus took our place of sin and made us His righteousness.
We’re thus the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus. Amazing!

This means we’re now the unveiling of the Father’s righteousness; the manifestation and outworking of His righteousness. When you step into a matter, you’re not there to decide who is wrong and who is right; rather, you bring forth the judgments of God. You’re His righteousness manifested, and the unveiling of His glory. Blessed be God!

Confession...
Praise God forevermore! I'm the unveiling of the Father’s righteousness, the manifestation and outworking of His righteousness. His wisdom and sound judgment are heard and seen in me ; I'm the affulgence of His glory. I reign and rule in life through His righteousness in my spirit , in Jesus ' Name. Amen .

Further Study :
1 Peter 2:9 AMPC
Romans 8:30 Romans 5:1 AMPC

1 Year Bible Reading Plan : 1 Timothy 1:1-20 Jeremiah 5-6

2 Year Bible Reading Plan :John 6:41-51 2 Kings 5
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:58am On Oct 20, 2017
The Dominion Of Christ - Friday, October 20th .

Pastor Chris

And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth (Matthew 28:18).

The Lord Jesus Christ has the dominion over all things, including men, angels, and demons; things in heaven, on earth and under the earth are subject to Jesus, and must obey His voice. As His representatives and ambassadors here on earth, He has in turn given us dominion over all things. He exercises His authority today through us—His Church—which is His body.

Ephesians 1:21, talking about the resurrected Christ, tells us that He’s seated in the heavenly realms, “Far above all rule and authority and power and dominion and every name that is named [above every title that can be conferred], not only in this age {and} in this world, but also in the age {and} the world which are to come” (AMPC). Here, the word “rule,” means two things: first, it means the authority that governs, and secondly, it means the decrees by which they govern. It refers to rulership and its rules. So, it makes no difference what rule has been made, Jesus is far above all rule. Notice that He’s set, not just above, or near above, but FAR above all rule. Hallelujah!

And then Philippians 2:9-11 says, “Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.” The Church really hasn’t used the Name of Jesus as it ought to. That Name opens every door. In His Name, you have power to cast out devils, tame the forces of nature, and mobilise angels to minister for you.

Christ has brought us into a life of extraordinary dominion. We’re not victims, but victors in this world. The Bible says, “…as he is, so are we in this world” (1 John 4:17). We function in His stead. He gave us the right, the power of attorney to act in His place! Whatever you declare in His Name, He makes it happen. Stop crying and begging God to do something about your case. Use the Name of Jesus! Exercise dominion over the circumstances of your life today, and always be victorious.

Prayer...
Precious Lord Jesus, thank you for giving me the power of attorney to act in your stead. I take full advantage of the authority you’ve given me to put a stop to every evil work around me, declaring and insisting that your will alone prevails in my life and circumstances. Amen.

Further Study :

Luke 10:19
Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

Mark 16:17
And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:1 Timothy 2:1-15, Jeremiah 7-8

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 6:52-60, 2 Kings 6
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:39am On Oct 21, 2017
Stay in the Word - Saturday, October 21st

Pastor Chris

Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like: He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock (Luke 6:47-48).

A dear minister of the Gospel once asked me, “How come some ministers serve God for so many years and then somehow end badly? How can we get to finish gloriously and not fail?” My response was to refer him to the words of Jesus in our theme scripture. If we pay attention to His Word, we’ll always win. He told us to hear and live by His Word.

Preaching the Word and living the Word are two different things. Just because you’re preaching it doesn’t mean it’s working in your life; you must live the Word. The Word of Godis the answer to every question and the solution to every problem. That’s why we share and teach the Word, to help God’s people understand the Word and live the Word.

The Apostle Paul was very successful as a minister of the Gospel. At the end, he declared, “I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith...” (2 Timothy 4:7). He proved and lived the Word for himself. In Acts 20:32, he acknowledged and reiterated the efficacy of God’s Word, in his parting remarks to the brethren in the church at Ephesus. It’s about staying in the Word.

God has already given you everything you could ever need in your life. He’s given you righteousness, health, success, peace, prosperity, joy, victory, and all things in Christ Jesus. Seize them and make them yours. Don’t try to get “anything” from God; you already have all things that pertain to life and godliness (2 Peter 1:3).

Therefore, every so often, declare, “I’m the righteousness of God in Christ. I have the life of God in me. I’m a success. I walk in health, prosperity, peace, and joy!” Your confession of the Word manifests realities. Stay in the Word, and your success in life and ministry shall be guaranteed for all time. Hallelujah!

Confessions...
My life is renewed and refreshed as I stay on the Word through meditation. My path is flooded with light, and I walk in righteousness, prosperity, health, success and victory at all times. The lines are indeed fallen unto me in pleasant places and I have a goodly heritage. Glory to God!

Further Study:
Psalm 119:105
Thy word [is] a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

James 1:21-25
Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls. 22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. 23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: 24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was. 25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth [therein], he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Timothy 3:1-16,Jeremiah 9-10

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 6:61-71,
2 Kings 7-8
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:01am On Oct 22, 2017
God's Legality - Sunday, October 22nd .

Pastor Chris

And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen (Romans 16:20).

Some people have asked, “Why didn’t God just destroy Satan, instead of allowing him to run rampage all over the place?” Well, Satan is operating on legal grounds, and God respects laws; He’s a covenant keeper and very legal. That’s the reason He’s dealt even with Satan legally.

Before God ever created man, there was Lucifer, the anointed Cherub, who later became the devil through his rebellion against God. He lost his position as God’s vice regent, and his anointing became corrupted. When God eventually created man in His image and in His likeness, Satan hatched a plan to ruin God’s creation. Adam chose to obey Satan in the Garden of Eden, and committed high treason against God, and thus forfeited his authority to Satan.

Satan thus assumed this Adamic authority, and the lease of that authority is still on. Adam became subject to Satan, legally, because the Bible says you become a slave to whoever you obey; this is spiritual law (Romans 6:16). Satan, legally, became Adam’s boss. Remember, God had given Adam authority over the earth, and everything in the earth (Genesis 1:26). That Adamic authority is what Satan still operates with today, and God respects it.

Satan thus assumed this Adamic authority, and the lease of that authority is still on. Adam became subject to Satan, legally, because the Bible says you become a slave to whoever you obey; this is spiritual law (Romans 6:16). Satan, legally, became Adam’s boss. Remember, God had given Adam authority over the earth, and everything in the earth (Genesis 1:26). That Adamic authority is what Satan still operates with today, and God respects it.

A second Adam for a new creation became necessary. Man would require a rebirth under this second Adam; Jesus Christ. The Bible calls Jesus Christ the second and last Adam. He came to make it possible for man to be born again and taken out of the dominion of darkness; from under Satan’s power. The Bible says God has “…delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son” (Colossians 1:13). Being born again, you’ve been legally removed, transferred from the control of Satan, into the Kingdom of God’s dear Son. Now, you’re a child of God, and bona fide citizen of God’s Kingdom.

Prayer..
I worship you, blessed Father, Lord of heaven and earth, for your greatness, power, mercy, grace and love. There’s none like you; you’re the only true and wise God. Your work is perfect and all your ways are just! Thank you for bringing me into the glorious liberty of the sons of God; you’ve established me in Zion, as a tree of righteousness, to produce fruits and works of righteousness. Amen.

Further Study:

Deuteronomy 32:4
[He is] the Rock, his work [is] perfect: for all his ways [are] judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right [is] he.

Psalm 92:15
To shew that the LORD [is] upright: [he is] my rock, and [there is] no unrighteousness in him.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:1 Timothy 4:1-16, Jeremiah 11-12

2-Year Bible Reading Plan:John 7:1-10, 2 Kings 9
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:41am On Oct 23, 2017
Faith Leaps ON the Word - Monday, October 23rd

Pastor Chris

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen (Hebrews 11:1).

Abraham was seventy-five years old when God said to him, “Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father’s house, unto a land that I will shew thee” (Genesis 12:1). In obedience to God, he embarked on a journey, which at the time seemed to be to nowhere, exemplifying for us what the life of faith is. Hebrews 11:8 tells us, “By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.”

Faith requires that you proceed solely on the basis of God’s Word. When He tells you to do something, you go ahead and do it without asking Him how. This was how Abraham qualified to become the heir of the world and merited the title: “the father of faith.” God willed the whole world to him, because he had the right faith-mentality. He must have considered that the whole world belonged to God anyways so, it didn’t matter where God said to go; He (God) would be there to bless him.

Faith leaps on the Word. The story of the crippled man at Lystra, recorded in Acts 14:8-10, is another vivid example: “And there sat a certain man at Lystra, impotent in his feet, being a cripple from his mother’s womb, who never had walked. The same heard Paul speak: who stedfastly beholding him, and perceiving that he had faith to be healed, Said with a loud voice, Stand upright on thy feet. And he leaped and walked.”

Just imagine this man’s faith-response; though crippled from birth, he jumped and walked the moment Paul said, “Stand upright on thy feet!” He didn’t ask, “How do you expect me to do that with my crippled limbs?” No! He simply, and promptly acted on the Word.

You should respond the same way always whenever you receive God’s Word. As a seed of Abraham, faith is your lifestyle. Consciously and consistently do what the Word says, irrespective of contrary circumstances, and you’ll forever be victorious.

Prayer...
Thank you, Father, for your Word and its ability to do what it talks about in my life! My faith is increased and strengthened as I meditate on your Word. Your wisdom is stirred in me to act on your Word and experience ever-increasing grace, from glory to glory, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study :
Hebrews 11:6
But without faith [it is] impossible to please [him]: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and [that] he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

James 2:17-18
Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. 18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

Romans 4:19-22
And being not weak in faith, he considered not his own body now dead, when he was about an hundred years old, neither yet the deadness of Sarah's womb: 20 He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God; 21 And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform. 22 And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Timothy 5:1-25, Jeremiah 13-14

2-Year Bible Reading Plan:* John 7:11-19, 2 Kings 10
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:26am On Oct 24, 2017
The Self-sufficient You - Tuesday, October 24th .

Pastor Chris

For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it (Isaiah 55:10-11).

The Lord Jesus, while explaining the parable of the sower to His disciples, compared the ground in which the seeds were sown to the heart of man: “The sower soweth the word. And these are they by the way side, where the word is sown; but when they have heard, Satan cometh immediately, and taketh away the word that was sown in their hearts” (Mark 4:14-15). So, the heart or spirit of man is synonymous with “earth” in our opening scripture.

This means it’s the human spirit that brings forth and buds when it makes contact with the Word. Being born again, you must cultivate your heart to be a fertile ground for the Word, so it can “bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater.” Don’t expect seed and bread to come from somewhere else. They’ll come from inside you. Inside you is the capacity to bring forth seed for sowing, and bread for food.

Therefore, the victory for the challenge, the solution to the problem, the health for the sickness—everything—is inside you! God didn’t make the new creation to be dependent on anything or anyone, not even on Him. This, however, doesn’t mean that you don’t “need” God. Rather, it underscores the truth that He made you to be self-sufficient, requiring no external aid or support to live successfully in the earth.

2 Corinthians 9:8 (AMPC) tells us something striking about this: “And God is able to make all grace (every favor and earthly blessing) come to you in abundance, so that you may always and under all circumstances and whatever the need be self-sufficient [possessing enough to require no aid or support and furnished in abundance for every good work and charitable donation].”

All that you need for a self-sufficient life of success in this world is the Word of God. The Word of God is what saturates and empowers the “earth” (your heart) to produce seed for sowing and bread for food. Whenever you receive the Word into your heart, meditate and act on it, and it’ll produce results in your life.

Prayer...

Dear Father, thank you for the entrance of your Word has given me light and understanding. I’m fully equipped for a life of unending success through the power of the Holy Spirit that’s at work in me, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study :

Proverbs 4:23
Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it [are] the issues of life.

2 Peter 1:3
According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that [pertain] unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

Joshua 1:8
This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:1 Timothy 6:1-21, Jeremiah 15-16

2-Year Bible Reading Plan:John 7:20-31, 2 Kings 11-12

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:36pm On Oct 25, 2017
Praying For Others - Wednesday, October 25th

Pastor Chris

But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them (2 Corinthians 4:3-4).

An aspect of our priestly ministry as Christians is praying for others: interceding on their behalf against the forces of darkness. This is so important for us to do, especially for those amongst us who may still be weak, ignorant, and unable to stand for themselves.

It’s important to bear in mind, however, that when we intercede, God isn’t the one holding back from us. He’s not the one causing the problem; therefore, we shouldn’t pray as though He’s the one we’re trying to persuade.

For example, if you’re interceding for someone who’s sick, it’s not God that made him sick. So, it would be wrong to be pleading and begging God to heal him. Instead, you’re to stand in the authority of Jesus Christ against the sickness. You’re to remain persistent in prayer, mounting pressure on the adversary on behalf of that one who’s sick, to help him obtain his healing.

You may have been interceding for a while for someone to receive salvation, and it may seem there’s no positive outcome. The reason might be that you were praying as though God is the one holding the person back from receiving salvation; you’ve been prevailing on God to “save” him. No! The grace of God that brings salvation has been made available to all men (Titus 2:11). In Christ, salvation has already been wrought for every man; it’s part of what Jesus came to accomplish.

Therefore, in interceding for the lost, you address the culprit: Satan! He’s the god of this world; the one who has blinded the minds of men so they wouldn’t believe the Gospel. He’s the reason some people will do just anything to resist the message of the Gospel. But blessed be God! As Christians, we have the authority to break Satan’s hold off people’s minds, so the light of the glorious Gospel of Christ would shine unto them for salvation.

If there’s someone you’ve been praying for to receive salvation, that’s what you need to do! Write down that person’s name, and declare, “In the Name of the Lord Jesus, I break the power of the devil off Mr John, and I claim his deliverance and salvation.” You’ll be amazed that as simple as that prayer is, you’ll get the desired result.

Prayer...
I thank you Father for giving me authority to break Satan’s hold and influence over men’s lives that they may receive salvation. I declare that the Gospel message is growing and prevailing around the world, bringing about a mighty harvest of souls into the Kingdom, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study :
1 Timothy 2:1-4
I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, [and] giving of thanks, be made for all men; 2 For kings, and [for] all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. 3 For this [is] good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; 4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

Luke 22:31-32
And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired [to have] you, that he may sift [you] as wheat: 32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 2 Timothy 1:1-18, Jeremiah 17-18

2-Year Bible Reading Plan:* John 7:32-44, 2 Kings 13-14
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 4:00pm On Oct 26, 2017
Replete with God - Thursday , 26 October

Pastor Chris

For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him (John 3:34).

Colossians 2:9 tells us that in Jesus dwellethall the fulness of the Godhead bodily.When Jesus walked the earth, He was filled with God, letting us know we too can be filled with God. He was the Word made flesh. He’s called the Son of God, because He was God in flesh. The Jews knew the meaning of “Son of God,” which was why when Jesus said, “I’m the Son of God,” they couldn’t take it.

Jesus was replete with God. That’s what it means to be full of God. Now, if this is true about Jesus (and it is true), how about us who are joint-heirs with Him? If Jesus was replete with God and anointed without measure, being sent of God, it follows that we also have been anointed without measure, because Jesus said, “…as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you” (John 20:21).

No wonder Colossians 2:10 says, “And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power.” The word “complete” is fullness, to be made full! We’re replete with God, full of God, the same way Jesus was full of God. The Amplified Classic version makes it even clearer: “And you are in him made full and having come to fullness of life in Christ you too are filled with the Godhead-Father, Son and Holy Spirit…That means the Godhead now dwells in us bodily as He dwelt in Jesus.

That’s the reason He said, “Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth onme, theworks that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father” (John 14:12). We can do greater works because we’re anointed without measure; the fullness of God dwells in us. Blessed be God!

Confession...
The Spirit of the Lord lives in me and He's anointed me without measure ! I'm replete with God! I could never be defeated or disadvantaged. I'm anointed to walk in, and produce works of, righteousness; to proclaim liberty to the oppressed and recovery of sight to the blind; to heal the brokenhearted and liberate the down-trodden and oppressed, and turn the hearts of the wicked and disobedient to the wisdom of the just! Hallelujah

Further Study :1 John 4:4 John 1:16

1 Year Bible Reading Plan :2 Timothy 2:1-26 Jeremiah 19-22

2 Year Bible Reading Plan :John 7:45-53 2 Kings 15-16
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:38am On Oct 27, 2017
The Consciousness Of Who You Are - Friday, October 27th

Pastor Chris

For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me (John 6:38).

The Lord Jesus was absolute and definite about His origin and the purpose for His coming. He said, “...I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me” (John 6:38). In John 6:35, He said, “…I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.” He was conscious of His identity, origin, and mission. He knew He was sent and knew the one who sent Him, and boldly confessed accordingly.

The challenge with a number of Christians is that they don’t know who they are, and you can tell this from the way they talk. Imagine a Christian who says, “I’m hypertensive,” or “I’m diabetic,” actually claiming these things as though it’s respectable or fashionable to do so. Yet the Bible says, “No one in Zion will say, “I’m sick” (Isaiah 33:24 MSG). It’s about their mentality; such folks haven’t developed the Christ-consciousness.

When you were born again, you were born into health; the life of God supplanted your human life that was susceptible to sickness and disease. You’re not an ordinary person and must never talk like an ordinary man. Your life is from the Spirit, sustained by the Word, not by the blood that flows through your veins. You’re not “sickable.” The Christian is “uninfectable”; that’s what Jesus said. He said, “…and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them” (Mark 16:18).

But, until and unless this becomes your consciousness, you may never walk in the reality of it. Get to know, and become conscious of, who you are in Christ. God’s Word gives you the right information about who you are as a Christian. Therefore, always study and meditate on the Word; it’ll give you the right mindset: the mindset of victory.

Prayer...
Dear Father, thank you for the revelation of your Word to my spirit today. The entrance of your Word into my spirit gives me light, and I live in, and by that light! With that light, I see and apprehend my glorious life in Christ, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study :

Galatians 4:6
And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.
:7 Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

Philemon 1:6
That the communication of thy faith may become effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus.

Romans 8:17
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with [him], that we may be also glorified together.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:2 Timothy 3:1-17, Jeremiah 23-25

2-Year Bible Reading Plan:John 8:1-11, 2 Kings 17-18
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:03am On Oct 29, 2017
WORSHIP THE LORD WITH YOUR OFFERINGS - Sunday, October 29th

Pastor Chris

Give unto the LORD the glory due unto his name: bring an offering, and come before him: worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness (1 Chronicles 16:29).

Some people have the wrong idea that whenever they give an offering in Church, they’re making a donation to support the Church. No, your offering isn’t a donation but an oblation. It’s an act of worship. It’s a testimony of your faith in the living God. When you give your offering, you’re testifying to God from your spirit, to your own spirit, and to demons and devils of darkness, of your faith in the living God; there’s a spiritual connection.

Of course there’re donations you can give to support the Church and its work, and those special donations can be called for. But there’s a difference between your offering, tithe, your seeds of faith and donations. Donations are also blessed. Whatever you give in the Name of the Lord is blessed of God.

For example, the Bible says, “He that hath pity upon the poor lendeth unto the LORD; and that which he hath given will he pay him again” (Proverbs 19:17). So, when you give to the poor, the Lord marks it, because you’re lending to Him, and He’ll repay you, because that poor man can’t pay you back. So, He blesses you for it.

Much more than that, however, your offerings to God are sacred. It’s something you’re required to do because He’s God. And there’s nobody that can’t give an offering to God, because if you look around you, you’ll see what God has blessed you with. He’s done so much in your life, for which He deserves all praise, worship, and adoration. Giving your offerings is one of the ways to worship and appreciate Him for all He’s done in your life.

Prayer...
Dear heavenly Father, I extol your majesty, and worship you with all my heart. You alone deserve my praise and unalloyed devotion. With joy in my heart, I give you praise and worship you with my oblations, God of heaven and earth. Blessed be your Name forever!

FURTHER STUDY:
Psalm 96:8 Psalm 50:23 Hebrews 13:15

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
Titus 1-2 Jeremiah 29-30

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
John 8:22-32 2 Kings 21-22
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:53am On Oct 31, 2017
He's Our Heavenly Father - Tuesday, October 31st

Pastor Chris

Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love (1 John 4:7-cool.

God is your Father! The Lord Jesus confirmed this in John 20:17, when He said to Mary, “…Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.” Jesus knew God as His Father; now, He calls Him our loving heavenly Father as well. He sure is; we’re His offspring.

1 John 3:1 says, “Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.” O, the power and import of this verse! He lavished His love upon us, so that we might be called the “sons” of God! Do you know what that means? It means we’re His sons in the same sense that Jesus is the Son of God.

If you’d recall, that was the reason the Jews wanted Him dead; they heard Him say, “I’m the Son of God!” They said, “How dare you; a mere man, you’re making yourself equal with God?” “Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God” (John 5:18).

The latter part of 1 John 3:1 that we read says, “…therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.” The world doesn’t recognize God as our Father, and us as His legal and vital offspring, possessing the same life and nature with Him, because it didn’t recognize Jesus as such when He walked the earth. Nevertheless, “Now are we the sons of God” (1 John 3:2).

Now that you’re born again, you’ve been made alive and awakened to the fatherhood of God. Eternal life has been imparted to your spirit, and there’s a fellowship, a oneness with God that’s so real: “And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father” (Galatians 4:6).

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the great love with which you loved me, demonstrated in sending Jesus to die in my place for the propitiation of my sins. Now I can call you my loving Father. I don’t walk in fear, but in confidence, knowing that your love for me is eternal! Thank you for bringing me into such glorious oneness with you, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study :
1 John 4:16-19
And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him. 17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world. 18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. 19 We love him, because he first loved us.

James 1:18
Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

Hebrews 2:10
For it became him, for whom [are] all things, and by whom [are] all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:* Philemon 1:1-25, Jeremiah 33

2-Year Bible Reading Plan:* John 8:44-59, 2 Kings 24-25

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:34am On Nov 01, 2017
You're Blessed - Wednesday , November 1st .
Pastor Chris

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ (Ephesians 1:3).

The Christian is the blessed of the Lord, and part of what it means to be blessed is to be empowered to prosper. God has empowered you to prosper in everything you do. This is so wonderful, because it means there’s no dryness, stagnation, lack or unproductivity in your life. You’ve been chosen and ordained for a life of praise, joy, excellence, victory, and glory in Christ Jesus.

In John 15:16, the Lord Jesus said, “Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.” He emphasized the life of fruitfulness, productivity, and ever-increasing glory we’ve received in Christ, a life of transcendental blessings! This is your heritage. You became an heir of God and a joint heir with the Lord Jesus Christ the day you were born again.

Some Christians look at their lives and situation to conclude that maybe they’re not really blessed after all. “I don’t have a car; I don’t have a house; I don’t have money; how could anybody say that I’m blessed?” they would query. What they don’t realize is that life is spiritual, and the spiritual world controls the physical realm.

If you’d first acknowledge and profess in agreement with God’s Word that indeed, you’re the blessed of the Lord, those things which you can see and perceive—the symbols of prosperity—such as houses, cars, a good job, money, etc., will necessarily manifest as the results of the blessing. They’re not the blessing, but the effect of the blessing. The blessing is an unseen power or force that causes good things to happen to you, with you, for you, and through you! It causes the glory of God to be seen in your life.

The Holy Spirit is inside you to teach you God’s Word and how to activate His blessings in your life. He’ll teach you to talk right, walk right and live right until those around you are overwhelmed by the results of God’s blessing upon your life.

Prayer ...
Thank you blessed Father, for your grace and blessings upon my life! I prosper in all things. I’m fruitful in every good work. I produce fruits of righteousness, because I’m righteousness, a tree chosen of and ordained for a life of praise, joy, excellence, victory, and glory, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study :
Proverbs 10:22
The blessing of the LORD, it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it.

Deuteronomy 28:2-6
And all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God. 3 Blessed [shalt] thou [be] in the city, and blessed [shalt] thou [be] in the field. 4 Blessed [shall be] the fruit of thy body, and the fruit of thy ground, and the fruit of thy cattle, the increase of thy kine, and the flocks of thy sheep. 5 Blessed [shall be] thy basket and thy store. 6 Blessed [shalt] thou [be] when thou comest in, and blessed [shalt] thou [be] when thou goest out.

Galatians 3:9
So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Hebrews 1, Jeremiah 34-35

2-Year Bible Reading Plan:John 9:1-7, 1 Chronicles 1
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 10:17am On Nov 02, 2017
Bless & Create With Words- Thursday, November 2nd

Pastor Chris
And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth (Genesis 1:22).

The first chapter of Genesis gives a clear narration of how God brought creation into being. It tells us in verses twenty and twenty-one precisely what God did: He spoke words. He said, “…Let there be…” and everything He said came into being. Then in the twenty-second verse, we observe : He blessed every living creature that He created saying, “…Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth.”

He spoke to create, and He blessed what He created, with words. When He said, “Be fruitful and multiply,” He invoked into them the power to multiply, the power to increase mightily and to spread. He did it with words. He did the same thing after He created man. Genesis 1:27 says, “…God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.”

Then in verse twenty-eight, we read that He blessed them saying, "…Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.” Observe that God created man in His own image, and likeness. That means He created man to look like Him (in His image), and to function like Him (in His likeness).

Therefore, since God creates and blesses with words, it means we have the ability, and are required to function like Him. We bless and create with our words. Your words are so important. Only say things that are consistent with the will and purpose of God for your life.

Proverbs 18:21 says, “Death and life are in the power of the tongue….” Use your tongue to speak blessings, creative and corrective words, words of peace, health, and prosperity. Bless, that is, invoke the power of multiplication, increase, fruitfulness, and productivity into your finances, your business, and other areas of your life with words. God has given you a wholesome tongue (Proverbs 15:4), to create or recreate the circumstances of your life to align with His destiny and perfect will for you. Keep yourself in the transcendent life, with words.

Confession...
The lines are fallen unto me in pleasant places; I have a goodly heritage. I’m walking in the light of God’s glory; I’m a success. I walk in prosperity, health and righteousness. Blessed be God!

Further Study :
James 3:2 For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same [is] a perfect man, [and] able also to bridle the whole body.

Proverbs 15:4
A wholesome tongue [is] a tree of life: but perverseness therein [is] a breach in the spirit.

Mark 11:23
For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:* Hebrews 2, Jeremiah 36-37

2-Year Bible Reading Plan:* John 9:8-17, 1 Chronicles 2
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:33am On Nov 03, 2017
The Word Imparts faith - Friday , November 3rd .

Pastor Chris.

So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God (Romans 10:17).

God’s Word is trustworthy and infallible; you can stake your life on it. But you can’t rely on or trust in something you don’t know about. You can only have faith in something you have information on.

For instance, if I made you a promise that I’d give you a car-gift tomorrow, you’d have faith for the car because the information has bolstered your hope; I’ve given you the reason to expect a car tomorrow. And because you trust my word, you’d move from mere “hope” to the confident assurance that, come what may, you’re going to have a car tomorrow.

Though you haven’t even seen it yet, you’d immediately start sharing your testimony of a new car, just because I said, “I have a car for you.” Faith came to you because of what I said, which you heard. If I didn’t say anything, or even if I said it, but you didn’t hear it, you wouldn’t have had faith to the point of telling your friends, “I now have a car.”

That’s how it is with God’s Word. Information from God’s Word will cause you to have faith in God. That’s what we read in our opening verse: faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God. The Word produces and imparts faith to your spirit. You don’t have to struggle or try to make it happen; just hear the Word, and faith will be stirred in your spirit.

You may have noticed that, sometimes, as you listen to God’s Word, maybe while in church or during your personal study, all the challenges you may have been facing suddenly seem like nothing. The reason is, when the Word of God enters your spirit, it sparks up faith in you. The Word becomes real in your spirit, giving you a sense of victory and dominion.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for your Word is living and active in me. I’m born of the Word; therefore, I live by the Word. As I study and meditate on the Word, my life is improved, from glory to glory, and the blessings of acting on the Word are evidently manifest in my life, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study :
Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God [is] quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and [is] a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

1 Timothy 4:15
Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all.

Hebrews 11:3
Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:* Hebrews 3, Jeremiah 38-40

2-Year Bible Reading Plan:* John 9:18-27, 1 Chronicles 3
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:46am On Nov 04, 2017
Be Active In Soul Winning - Saturday, November 4th

Pastor Chris

And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever (Daniel 12:3).

Jesus said, “…Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature” (Mark 16:15). If you truly believe in what Christ did for you; if you believe that His work of salvation was important, and that you actually received that salvation, you can’t keep it to yourself. You have to tell others about Jesus. You have to be active in soul winning.

Every so often, pray and ask the Lord to put someone in your heart that you can lead to Christ and invite to church; someone you can share the Word of God with and bring to church. It’s important to pray for the salvation of those in your world, and in far off regions, whose hearts the Lord would make ready to receive eternal life (Acts 13:48).

The Bible says in Acts 2:47 that the Lord added to the church daily, such as should be saved, letting us know that every day, there’re those that are appointed and ordained for salvation. There’re those whom the Lord ordained should become part of the church, but it’s our responsibility to reach out to them and bring them into the Kingdom.

Some people don’t find the things of God pleasant; they don’t see the need to go to church, not because they’re congenital atheists, but because they don’t understand or know enough. They’ve always and only heard the wrong information, from the wrong people about God. This has beclouded their opinion and given them the wrong perception about God and the Church.

It’s part of the reason we must be more passionate, strategic, painstaking, and unrelenting in our soul winning efforts. We must keep preaching the Gospel and interceding for lost souls. The Bible describes those who aren’t born again as hopeless, and alienated from the life of God, thus, appointed to the judgment or wrath of God (Ephesians 4:18, Ephesians 2:12; Ephesians 2-3).

Make it your life’s purpose that the sinners in your world aren’t going to keep living without hope. Share the Gospel with them. Help them discover God’s light, and receive His righteousness. You’re His witness. He saved you and made you His partner in saving others.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for giving me eyes that see, ears that hear, and an understanding heart. Your love compels me to intercede and preach the Gospel to the lost, bringing them out of darkness into your marvellous light. I’m an active soul winner, and my light shines ever more brightly, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study :
Ezekiel 33:7-9
So thou, O son of man, I have set thee a watchman unto the house of Israel; therefore thou shalt hear the word at my mouth, and warn them from me. 8 When I say unto the wicked, O wicked [man], thou shalt surely die; if thou dost not speak to warn the wicked from his way, that wicked [man] shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand. 9 Nevertheless, if thou warn the wicked of his way to turn from it; if he do not turn from his way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul.

Acts 1:8
But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

2 Timothy 4:2
Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:* Hebrews 4:1-13, Jeremiah 41-43

2-Year Bible Reading Plan:* John 9:28-41, 1 Chronicles 4
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:28am On Nov 05, 2017
*Importance Of Corporate worship - Sunday, November 5th

Pastor Chris

Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity! It is like the precious ointment upon the head, that ran down upon the beard, even Aaron’s beard: that went down to the skirts of his garments; As the dew of Hermon, and as the dew that descended upon the mountains of Zion: for there the LORD commanded the blessing, even life for evermore (Psalm 133:1-3).

One of the many benefits of going to church is the opportunity for corporate worship. Worshipping God on your own is wonderful, but as Christians, we’re required to come together in our respective congregations to worship the Lord, because His intention is to grow His children as families. Of course, there’re families where nobody recognizes another—no communication between parents and the children—that’s not ideal.

God lets us have our individual worship, individual prayers, individual Christian service, but there’s also corporate worship, corporate prayer, and corporate service; things we do together as a congregation. In as much as each one of us has the responsibility to study the Word of God on our own, we should also come together to hear the Word of God as a congregation. These are Christian responsibilities and they’re designed by God for the growth, nourishment, and strengthening of the individual child of God, and the body of Christ as a whole.

Don’t miss such things. They’re not just programmes of the church; they’re responsibilities given to us through the Word of God. It’s got nothing to do with whether you feel like it or not, because even when you don’t feel like going to work on a Monday morning, you still go because the job is important to you.

Ensure to take advantage of the corporate worship with fellow believers. David said, “I was glad when they said let us go into the house of the Lord” (Psalm 122:1). Hallelujah!

Prayer...
Dear Father, thank you for the instructiveness of your Word. Now, more than ever, I take going to fellowshipping believers church with seriously. and other And in accordance with your Word, your blessings are evidently manifested in my life, and your glory is seen in all that I do, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study :

Luke 4:16
And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read. *||*

Heb 10:25
Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some [is]; but exhorting [one another]: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

John 4:24
God [is] a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship [him] in spirit and in truth.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Hebrews 4:14-5:1-10, Jeremiah 44-47

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 10:1-10,
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:12am On Nov 06, 2017
*Living In Christ - Monday, November 6th .

Pastor Chris.

If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you (John 15:7).

The Complete Jewish Bible translation of our opening text says, _*“If you remain united with me, and my words with you, then ask whatever you want, and it will happen for you.” This is so powerful.

What the Lord Jesus is saying is that if you abide or stay in Him, and His words dwell in you, whatever demand you make of anything that you like, prefer or desire, shall happen for you. He didn’t say God will do it, or that He (Jesus) will do it. This isn’t prayer; the verses on prayer are different. This one is about living in Christ, and His words dwelling in you—knowing your rights and authority in Christ, and learning to put that authority to work.

It’s amazing what God has made possible for us in Christ Jesus! You can say, “In the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ, I’m going to walk in health continually; I’ll never be sick in my life,” and it shall be so. If you had problems with your body; maybe a tumour or cancerous growth in your body and you say, “In the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ, I command this cancer to die and pass out of my body”; if you say that, the Master says it’ll come to pass; it’ll happen.

It’s important to understand this and practise it in your life. The Word of God is for doing, not just for you to hear. You hear it and you do it. That’s how to walk in the glory of God. Remember the key: abide in Him and let His Words abide in you.

Have the Word of God in you in abundance, so that in every situation, in every crisis of life, in all circumstances, you’ll respond according to the Word, and not according to your senses. Words that you don’t know can’t abide in you. That’s why you must study the Scriptures. Get the Word into your system. The Bible says, “Let the word [spoken by] Christ (the Messiah) have its home [in your hearts and minds] and dwell in you in [all its] richness…”(Colossians 3:16 AMPC).

Confession...
I'm joined to the Lord, and one spirit with Him. I manifest Christ to my world, because I’m His epistle, written and read of men. I take advantage of the authority in Christ, declaring that the counsel of the Lord prevails in my life, and in my world, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
John 15:4-5
Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. 5 I am the vine, ye [are] the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

1 Corinthians 6:17
But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

Acts 17:28
For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:* Hebrews 5:11-6:1-20,
Jeremiah 48-49

2-Year Bible Reading Plan:* John 10:11-21, 1 Chronicles 6
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 10:18am On Nov 07, 2017
His Living Tabernacles - Tuesday, November 7

Pastor Chris

What agreement is there between Christ and Belial? Or what part has the faithful with the unfaithful? What connection is there between the temple of God and the idols? For we are the temple of the living God, as God said: I will dwell and walk in their midst; I will be their God, and they will be my people. Wherefore come out from among them, and separate ye, saith the Lord; Do not touch the unclean thing, and I will welcome you (2 Corinthians 6: 15-17)

Our main verse reveals one of the extraordinary and many blessings of the Christian! Notice that He does not say, "We will be the temple of the living God when we come to heaven," but that "we are the temple of the living God." There is no better than that. This is a current truth.

The word translated "temple" is not the ordinary everyday temple, but a specific word that refers to an inner sanctuary; This is the Greek word "naos". "Naos" which refers to the sanctuary that houses the image of "god"; It is the inner sanctuary where the image of the god is preserved. That's what Paul says here.

For the Jews, it was the Holy of Holies; This is where the presence of God was. There was no image in this place, but the presence of Jehovah was there. The place where the presence of God resides is the very place Paul is referring to here. When the Holy Spirit has made His abode in the quarters of your heart, you have ceased to be an ordinary man; you have become a living tabernacle of God.

In fact, wherever you go, God goes there, because you are His home. He speaks in you, and he looks through your eyes, but few Christians are aware of this reality, which makes them live like ordinary men. The temple of God, which you are, is where the presence of God is, where He dwells in all His power and majesty.

Likewise, when you present yourself, the devil bows, because he can not bear the glory of God, and this glory is in your mind.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the presence of your Spirit who resides in me; I am not an ordinary being. I am your living tabernacle. Therefore, no disease, infection or infirmity can succeed in lodging in my body, because the life in me is divine, in the Name of Jesus. Amen.

Further study
Romans 8: 10-11; Philemon 1: 6; 1 Corinthians 6:19

Reading the Bible in 1 year
Hebrews 7 Jeremiah 50-51

Reading the Bible in 2 years_
John 10: 22-32 1 Chronicles 7
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:42am On Nov 09, 2017
Victory By The Word - Thursday, November 9th

Pastor Chris

Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord (Colossians 3:16).

James 1:18 says, “Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.” 1 Peter 1:23 says, “Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.” Being a Christian, you must study and meditate on the Word, because your life came from the Word of God; you’re an offspring of the Word; therefore, you can only be sustained by the Word. Stay in the Word, for everything in life is sustained by its source.

Not to stay in the Word is to starve your spirit of the material it needs to survive, grow, and function normally. The development of your spirit is to the degree of how much of God’s Word you ingest. The more of God’s Word you receive into your spirit, the more your spirit is educated and built for victory and success.

Success in life isn’t dependent on the number of degrees you bagged in college; it’s in the amount of God’s Word you know and put to work! This is why you must know and live by the Word. Build your faith with the Word. The world today is plagued with all kinds of crises, economic problems, etc., and many are confused, wondering when the crises will end. But if you have the Word in you, you have nothing to fear.

God’s Word is alive and full of power; that means it’s active, operative and effective. Hence, it doesn’t matter what the case is, if you’d meditate on the Word, it’ll produce in you and for you the desired results. “This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success” (Joshua 1:cool. The Word in your spirit and in your mouth will make you a victor for life.

Prayer...
Dear heavenly Father, I’m fulfilled, knowing my roots are in your Word. Therefore, your Word is my daily meditation, morning, noon, and night. I walk in health, prosperity, victory, and success continually, because my faith is in the Word. Blessed be God!

Further Study :

Isaiah 55:10-13
For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: 11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper [in the thing] whereto I sent it. 12 For ye shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace: the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap [their] hands. 13 Instead of the thorn shall come up the fir tree, and instead of the brier shall come up the myrtle tree: and it shall be to the LORD for a name, for an everlasting sign [that] shall not be cut off.

Psalm 119:11
Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.

2 Timothy 2:15
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:* Hebrews 9:1-10, Lamentations 1-2

2-Year Bible Reading Plan:* John 11:1-13, 1 Chronicles 9
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:27am On Nov 10, 2017
A Higher Life in Christ - Friday, November 10th

Pastor Chris

And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life (1 John 5:11-12)

There’s a higher life in Christ; a life that’s higher and greater than the ordinary human life, sickness, disease, failure, and death. That’s the life we’ve received in Christ. In John 10:10 (AMPC), Jesus said, “The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows).”

God’s purpose is for you to walk in the supernatural every day. That’s the Christian life; it’s walking in the glory of God; reigning and exercising dominion over circumstances: “For if by one man’s offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ)” (Romans 5:17). This is God’s dream for His children.

The reason many live as ordinary men, instead of living the transcendent life in Christ is their ignorance of the Word: “They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness…” (Psalm 82:5). Imagine an eagle that grows up amongst chickens, and never learned to fly. It’ll live the life of chickens, yet it’s an eagle, with powerful wings to fly.

That’s the way some Christians are; they don’t know they have power over sickness, power over crises, power over the devil, and circumstances of life. Therefore, they live as victims. The Bible says you’re seated together with Christ far above all principalities and power (Ephesians 1:21 and Ephesians 2:6).
Satan isn’t a factor. You’re superior to him and his demons.
Now that you’re born again, you’re born into a life of glory and excellence. Become conscious of who you are in Christ. It’s not possible for you to fail or be defeated in life, for the Greater One lives in you: “Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world” (1 John 4:4). This is the higher life in Christ.

Prayer...
My life is replete with the goodness of God, and the manifestations of the glories of the Kingdom. I’m alive to God—spirit, soul, and body. Therefore, sickness and disease have no place in my body, because the Spirit of God lives in me, and He rids my system of everything inconsistent with the divine life, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

*FURTHER STUDY:
Job 22:29
When [men] are cast down, then thou shalt say, [There is] lifting up; and he shall save the humble person.

Proverbs 4:20-22 NLT
My child, pay attention to what I say. Listen carefully to my words. 21 Don't lose sight of them. Let them penetrate deep into your heart, 22 for they bring life to those who find them, and healing to their whole body.

1 Timothy 4:15
Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan:* Hebrews 9:11-28, Lamentations 3-5
2-Year Bible Reading Plan:* John 11:14-23, 1 Chronicles 10
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 9:03pm On Nov 11, 2017
Revelation Knowledge - Saturday, November 11th .

Pastor Chris

According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue (2 Peter 1:3).

The English translation of the New Testament section of the Bible was derived from the Greek. The old Greek words are written differently from what you’d see in English, because the English language isn’t rich enough to express certain spiritual realities; it’s overly generic in nature.

For instance, the English language uses only one word to represent “love,” but in the Greek, about four different words are used. This helps to clarify what kind of love is being referred to. When you say for example, “I love my wife,” in the Greek, it’s a different word from when you say, “I love my country.” Then when you say, “I love football,” that’s another Greek word.

The same goes for the word, “knowledge”; there’re at least four different words translated “knowledge” in Greek. Our opening verse says, “According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue” (2 Peter 1:3). “Knowledge” here isn’t dealing with general knowledge or the knowledge of science (Greek: “Gnosis”) but with absolute knowledge that comes through revelation and relationship; the Greek word is “epignosis.”

2 Peter 1:2 says, “Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord.” This means, if you want to multiply grace and peace in your life, you’ve got to know more about God and Jesus Christ. You have to have the “epignosis” of God and of Jesus our Lord. “Epignosis” is the precise and accurate knowledge of God that you gain through revelation and meditation.

This type of knowledge isn’t just something you acquire from reading history books; it’s a revelation that’s granted you. A part of it is already given to you in the scriptures, while the rest of it is through your relationship with God, and fellowship with the Holy Spirit; all in consistency with the Word. Hallelujah!

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the enlightenment I receive from studying the Scriptures. Through consistent study and meditation on your Word, I increase in knowledge; grace and peace are multiplied in my life. I have dominion in every situation, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

Proverbs 11:9
An hypocrite with [his] mouth destroyeth his neighbour: but through knowledge shall the just be delivered.

Ephesians 1:17
That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:
:18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:Hebrews 10:1-18, Ezekiel 1-2

2-Year Bible Reading Plan:John 11:24-34, 1 Chronicles 11
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 10:00am On Nov 12, 2017
So Much To Learn In Church - Sunday, November 12th

Pastor Chris

And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read (Luke 4:16).

There’s so much to learn in church. Every church service you attend, the Spirit of God has something special planned for you. It’s an opportunity for your life to be improved. It’s therefore important that you cultivate the habit of attending church services. Attending church is like being in school. Imagine a student who isn’t consistent with his lectures in class, he’s very unlikely to make good grades.

I recall a certain gentleman, very well read and widely travelled. After two years of being consistent in church, he said to me, “I never knew I would discover and learn so much in my life, just by coming to church.”

There’re many things that we have to do in building our lives as Christians. For instance, how do we worship God? Jesus said, “God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth” (John 4:24). This means worship is very important to the Father, and He desires that we worship Him the right way. We have to find out what it means to worship Him in spirit and in truth. Such things are learned from the Word of God, when you go to church regularly. Then you’d be amazed at your growth, at your wisdom, at the way you relate with others, at the happenings in your life. You’ll know you’re growing; you’ll see your life go upward and forward.

Some Christians are always looking for someone to pray for them or counsel with them when there’s an issue. When you form the habit of fellowshipping with God and other faithful Christians, you’ll move out of that class, because you’ll have the knowledge of the Word of God that puts you over in life.

Prayer...
Dear Father, I thank you for the opportunity to fellowship with you and with other saints in church. I live in your presence, where there’s fullness of joy, and pleasures for evermore! My life is the manifestation of your blessings, and the revelation of your glory, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study :
Hebrews 10:25
Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some [is]; but exhorting [one another]: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

Psalm 133:1-3
A Song of degrees of David. Behold, how good and how pleasant [it is] for brethren to dwell together in unity! 2 [It is] like the precious ointment upon the head, that ran down upon the beard, [even] Aaron's beard: that went down to the skirts of his garments; 3 As the dew of Hermon, [and as the dew] that descended upon the mountains of Zion: for there the LORD commanded the blessing, [even] life for evermore.

1 Timothy 3:15* But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:* Hebrews 10:19-39, Ezekiel 3-4

2-Year Bible Reading Plan:* John 11:35-46, 1 Chronicles 12

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:45am On Nov 13, 2017
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES DAILY DEVOTIONAL

All things are yours - Monday, November 13th .

Pastor Chris

Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours (1 Corinthians 3:21).

2 Peter 1:3 says, “According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue.” This is extraordinary! Could this really be true? It sure is, because God said so! His divine power, not your own ability or human wisdom, has given unto you, ALL things that pertain to life and godliness.

This means you’re not supposed to ever be in lack or want. How could you be in need of money for your children’s school fees when all things are yours? How could your business go bankrupt when all things are yours? Why should you be in search of a financier for your projects when all things are yours? Why would you be crying and begging for money to start a business when all things are yours?

The problem is that you haven’t believed enough. The moment you dare to believe God’s Word that, really and truly, all things belong to you, your situation will change. This is neither a fable nor a fairytale; all things are indeed yours, because you’re an heir of God and a joint-heir with Christ. The whole world belongs to Him. He said in Haggai 2:8, “The silver is mine, and the gold is mine….” They also belong to you, because you’re His joint heir.

This is the Word of God, and He didn’t lie to us. Believe it. Consciously and consistently affirm that you’ll never be poor or broke in life, because you’re a joint heir with Christ. Even now, place your right hand on your chest and declare, “All things are mine! Everything I require for life and godliness has been granted me by God.”

Now, how did God give us all things that pertain to life and godliness? The latter part of 2 Peter 1:3 shows it to us. It says, “… THROUGH THE KNOWLEDGE OF HIM that hath called us to glory and virtue.” Your knowledge of God and His Word is so important. That’s your ticket to a life of ever-increasing glory and superabundance. So, stay in, and with the Word. Study and meditate on the Word every day.

Confession...
The Lord is my shepherd; I don’t lack or suffer want for any good thing; I have all things that pertain to life and godliness. I’m an heir of God, and a joint-heir with Christ; the world belongs to me. I’m enjoying my inheritance of financial abundance and supernatural prosperity in Christ. Glory to God!

Further Study :

Psalm 68:19
Blessed [be] the Lord, [who] daily loadeth us [with benefits, even] the God of our salvation. Selah.

Romans 8:17
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with [him], that we may be also glorified together.

Psalm 16:6 NKJV
The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Yes, I have a good inheritance.

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:Hebrews 11:1-16, Ezekiel 5-7

2-Year Bible Reading Plan:John 11:47-57, 1 Chronicles 13
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:58am On Nov 14, 2017
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES DAILY DEVOTIONAL

A Self-healing Mechanism Inside You - Tuesday, November 14th .

Pastor Chris

But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you (Romans 8:11).

Isaiah 53:5 says, “But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.” This is one of the scriptures that many Christians use all around the world, to claim healing. In reality, however, the Prophet Isaiah was here talking to the Jews and not to Christians. He gives them a preview of the grace of the coming Messiah, and tells them, “…with his stripes we are healed."

Then the Apostle Peter, in his epistle, looks back at the Cross, and says “…by whose stripes ye were healed” (1 Peter 2:24). But he was talking to the Jews. He wasn’t talking to every Christian. The Jews were the ones under the covenant; the covenant of healing was for the Jewish Church, the Old Testament Church. They were the ones healed by His stripes.

The Church of Jesus Christ that was born after His resurrection, in the real sense, doesn’t require healing from God. The Church has a self-healing mechanism. What the Church received is eternal life; eternal life doesn’t need healing. Eternal life is the God-life, the very essence of divinity; life that is “uninfectable,” untainted with sickness, disease and infirmities. If you have eternal life, it doesn’t matter what trouble you may have in your body, if you’d stir up the gift of God—the life of God in your spirit—your whole body will be vitalized.

Our opening text says, “If the spirit of Him that raised up Jesus from the dead lives in you, He’ll vitalize your mortal body. The Spirit in you is life-generating. The Bible says the first man, Adam, was made a living soul, the second Adam was made a life giving Spirit (1 Corinthians 15:45). We’re not born after the first Adam; we’re born after the second Adam, Jesus Christ. Jesus never needed healing; and as He is, so are we in this world.

You have a life-giving Spirit resident in you. You were given a life that’s greater than healing. As long as you’re a babe in Christ, you’ll need healing. The Bible calls healing the children’s bread. When you come to maturity, you’ll give up childish things. You won’t be seeking healing. Rather, you’d say, “I’ve got the life of God in me; therefore, I’ll never be sick.” And if you’re used to getting sick, say, “I’ll never be sick again, because I have the life of Christ in me.” Hallelujah!

Confession...
I have the life and nature of God in me; therefore, I’m an overcomer and more than a conqueror. I live a triumphant and victorious life every day, far above sickness, disease, the devil and the negative system of this world!

Further Study :

1 John 5:13
These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

John 5:26
For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;

Romans 8:10
And if Christ [be] in you, the body [is] dead because of sin; but the Spirit [is] life because of righteousness.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:Hebrews 11:17-40, Ezekiel 8-10

2-Year Bible Reading Plan:John 12:1-11,1 Chronicles 14
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:21am On Nov 15, 2017
Work His Grace To Maximum Capacity - Wednesday, November 15th .

Pastor Chris

I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain (Galatians 2:21).

Some Christians frustrate the grace of God in their lives. You shouldn’t do that. Don’t frustrate the grace of God in your life. Rather, let it work to its fullness, to its maximum capacity and final fruition. Let it produce all that it could do in your life. Don’t let it be that Christ died in vain in your life; instead be determined to be all that His death, burial, and resurrection consummated for you.

In our previous study, I shared with you something about the divine life that Jesus brought, where sickness is not a part of your system. The question is, will you let it work, or are you going to be seeking healing? Healing is what we give to the world, and it’s the children’s bread. When you come to maturity, you appropriate divine life, and affirm that it runs through every fibre of your being. You’re conscious that your body, being the temple of the Holy Ghost, can’t be sick.

Should anything untoward happen to or in your body, you speak in tongues. Maybe it’s stomach trouble, put your hand on your tummy and speak in tongues. If it doesn’t stop at that moment, you don’t stop speaking in tongues either. The more it persists, the more you shout in tongues. Frighten the devil out. James 4:7 says, “…Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.”

You may ask, “What if the pain is so severe that it’s even difficult to talk, let alone shout?” If you have to whisper it, go ahead. Before long, the Spirit will well up from within you and overwhelm the pain. We’re not victims; we’re victors! Your victory over that pain is guaranteed! Hallelujah!

Before you go in for your meetings, maybe it’s a business or a political meeting, whatever it is, take some time to speak in other tongues. Charge up yourself! With the meeting in focus, speak in tongues, then declare, “The wisdom of God is at work in me. Christ is in me. Christ has been made unto me wisdom.” That’s how you appropriate and take advantage of God’s grace to enjoy the benefits of the blessings that are yours in Christ Jesus.

Prayer...
Precious Father, I thank you for the abundance of grace you’ve made available to me in the Gospel. I take advantage of this grace to receive everything that is mine in Christ Jesus. I declare that health, prosperity, strength and increase are mine, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study :

2 Timothy 2:1
Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.

Romans 5:17
For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)

2 Peter 1:2
Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,

Daily Scripture Reading

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:Hebrews 12:1-13, Ezekiel 11-12

2-Year Bible Reading Plan:John 12:12-19, 1 Chronicles 15

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (106) (Reply)

Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar / A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) / Marine Spirits...what Are They?how To Identify Them And Defeat Them.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 294
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.