Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,746 members, 7,824,148 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

Quitting My Lucrative Job For A Degree In Canada - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Quitting My Lucrative Job For A Degree In Canada (49454 Views)

5 Lucrative Careers You Can Excel In That Do Not Require A Degree / How Much Money Should I Save Before Quitting My Job? / Quitting My Bank Job And Travelling To Canada For MSC, The Right Move ?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Quitting My Lucrative Job For A Degree In Canada by djbussy(m): 9:40am On Jul 20, 2017
Note, You can be fired at anytime and at the same time, save enough money first and leave the job to study in Canada. You can only resign from education if you are a dead man.
Re: Quitting My Lucrative Job For A Degree In Canada by Nobody: 9:40am On Jul 20, 2017
MaziOmenuko:

When you are through with your degree in canada and get a job there, you will be earning far above $150,000 per annum, this is above N4mil per month in naira equivalent. You can even make more than your current Nigerian salary while doing unskilled jobs at Canada while you school.

Save your future and that of your unborn kids; you are young and no family to tie you down. N400k is not that lucrative; convert it to dollars and you will realize you are not making that much; but to Nigerian standards, its fine.

Leave this gaddam country abeg.
1000000000 Likes

3 Likes

Re: Quitting My Lucrative Job For A Degree In Canada by repogirl(f): 9:42am On Jul 20, 2017
Cant you get a study leave from your place of work? So that if staying back after studying doesn't work out, you can return to your job?

Its better you get that degree in Canada with hopes of working there than remain in this useless country with our uncertain economy. In a blink of an eye, your Nigarian job could be gone.

2 Likes

Re: Quitting My Lucrative Job For A Degree In Canada by Nobody: 9:42am On Jul 20, 2017
folakemigeh:
shocked 500K per month is much o...

While i envy your monthly take home, i will advice you to move out from the country and relocate to Canada for your studies.

There is nothing meaningful this country has to offer
he's getting 500k per month and you said the country, has nofin to offer him
is it when the � country offers him millions before she has something to offer him
if the guy wants to be like E Money he should go to Canada but my advice to him is he should stay many people studied in Canada but they don't earn that much oboy invest that your money on business within 2 years you will be another HUSHPUPPI

1 Like

Re: Quitting My Lucrative Job For A Degree In Canada by Nobody: 9:43am On Jul 20, 2017
-
Re: Quitting My Lucrative Job For A Degree In Canada by OlowuB: 9:43am On Jul 20, 2017
Young man, I would advise you to pursue to your dreams in Canada; Nigeria will always be there; if you could get this present job with your current education; I would like to believe that should you have to come back to Nigeria with the benefit of further education you would still a same or better job. Going to Canada affords you an exposure and life experience to explore another part of the world; you are young without any attachment - so go ahead explore the world; enjoy the experience and never look back on the money you are earning now and regret - use it as a driving force to go the extra mile and remain focus during your study in Canada. Dream big; why not think about studying in Canada and working had and networking well so that should you wish to come back to Nigeria - you would be coming back as an employer of labour as oppose to coming to take a job. The only hope for Nigeria is for the younger generation both at home, especially in those in the diaspora looking to head back; situate themselves as employers of labour.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quitting My Lucrative Job For A Degree In Canada by Fhowe: 9:43am On Jul 20, 2017
Ephetar:
Hi nairalanders please I am currently about taking a decision regarding my future. I am a 26 years old single guy. I currently work in a company where I earn between 400-500k monthly( salary, allowance and personal hustling)... Now the issue is that I am contemplating on travelling to Canada to study pharmacy with the intention of staying there permanently after school or do a professional MBA here in Nigeria with the aim of growing through the ranks in the pharmaceutical industry. Please I need your contributions...

NB; cost of obtaining a pharmacy degree in Canada is about 10M...Should I invest the money in a business?

continue you hear all I see is employment scam I doubt any pharmaceutical company can pay that high for a starter cause from your age you are a starter abi no be Naija again

2 Likes

Re: Quitting My Lucrative Job For A Degree In Canada by Tloc(m): 9:43am On Jul 20, 2017
Ephetar:
Hi nairalanders please I am currently about taking a decision regarding my future. I am a 26 years old single guy. I currently work in a company where I earn between 400-500k monthly( salary, allowance and personal hustling)... Now the issue is that I am contemplating on travelling to Canada to study pharmacy with the intention of staying there permanently after school or do a professional MBA here in Nigeria with the aim of growing through the ranks in the pharmaceutical industry. Please I need your contributions...

NB; cost of obtaining a pharmacy degree in Canada is about 10M...Should I invest the money in a business?

I advice you stick to your job, run a weekend MBA at LBS and grow your personal business while still working. My younger brother left an NGN8m/a job for a UK masters, which he never completed. His life is a mess right now, education is good but I think its overrated in this part of the world. The worlds top billionaires left school to grow their business why do the reverse. Think long term.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quitting My Lucrative Job For A Degree In Canada by walex2(m): 9:44am On Jul 20, 2017
Show me the payslip of your 400-500k per month and then I will give my advice. Ask me why?? You quoted your income, then show the prove. Don't just come yo Nairaland to seek useless opinion conrcerning formulated story

2 Likes

Re: Quitting My Lucrative Job For A Degree In Canada by fannybaby(f): 9:44am On Jul 20, 2017
Ephetar:

O-*

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quitting My Lucrative Job For A Degree In Canada by Nobody: 9:45am On Jul 20, 2017
please be aware that age plays a huge part abroad in landing several jobs.

1 Like

Re: Quitting My Lucrative Job For A Degree In Canada by Donbabaj: 9:45am On Jul 20, 2017
Guy, I'll advise you go for it. Its your kind of profession that is needed in countries like Canada which means you'll definitely get a job. Its only if you are lazy to come out with good grades over there. Have you seen anybody who traveled to Canada in a legit way with a good course and complained that he never made it in the nearest future? Even, after completing your studies in Canada, you can even come back to Nigeria to work as an expatriate if you so wish. Its would have been better If you were paid say two million naira monthly, I would have advise you consider remaining in Nigeria. Actually, I've been wanting to take this form of decision too and so do many less priviledged Nigerians but've been constrained with funds.

If you shine your eyes, you'll realise that the security of this great country Nigeria is well secured in quote.

Currently, I don't need a job, I'm okay with what i earn in my paid employment but if i have any opportunity, oga na to take off o!
Re: Quitting My Lucrative Job For A Degree In Canada by Zelex9(m): 9:46am On Jul 20, 2017
Stay in Nigeria continue to develop your skills and grow through the ranks (attend both national and international conference, join institutes etc). Apply for a skilled migration visa if you still want to leave the country after some time. Makes no sense leaving Nigeria, with the foundation you have.
Re: Quitting My Lucrative Job For A Degree In Canada by ayreal111(m): 9:46am On Jul 20, 2017
MY BROTHER MAY GOD BE WITH YOU, REMEBER TO COMMIT YOUR WAY TO THY LORD FIRST PSALMS 37;5 . FOLLOW YOUR MIND MAY GOD SEE YOU THROUGH IJN.

1 Like

Re: Quitting My Lucrative Job For A Degree In Canada by cy4cent(f): 9:46am On Jul 20, 2017
Ephetar:

You can study pharmD and MBA in Philippines with less than one third of that 10M. You can invest the other in Nigeria while schooling. Contact me if interested.
Re: Quitting My Lucrative Job For A Degree In Canada by Metronomy(m): 9:47am On Jul 20, 2017
Wisdombankxz:
Our choices differs but my definition of degree = Hardworking for useless piece of paper.
I guess you have a big backup for making such decision.Goodluck always.

i need facebook page with at least 5k active followers to buy to buy.
Re: Quitting My Lucrative Job For A Degree In Canada by vizkiz: 9:47am On Jul 20, 2017
500k per month is a whole lot of money for a 26 years old single guy.

Think like a business man... Invest in your money.

1 Like

Re: Quitting My Lucrative Job For A Degree In Canada by Jaqenhghar: 9:47am On Jul 20, 2017
banmee:

Leaving Nigeria is enough reason.
So true grin

1 Like

Re: Quitting My Lucrative Job For A Degree In Canada by 400billionman: 9:48am On Jul 20, 2017
Ephetar:

This is a typical problem encountered by every successful youth.

You are tired of the RAT RACE. And you don't know where to go from there.

You are not yet seeing MARRIAGE as an option. Because you want to make alot of money and be very comfortable before doing that at 30.

Well i wont advice you to go dash oyinbo N10m abroad. Nigeria is in a recession and companies are folding. Also note that doing profitable business in Nigeria in 2017 is far more difficult than it was 10 years ago. What you need now is a MENTOR. And a very sincere one.

CALM YOUR HEAD DOWN and imagine that you have agemates that are still searching for N50,000 jobs.

So appreciate what you have. No assurance that you will get a canadian job after schooling there. So you don't end up looking for jobs in Nigeria. READ WIDE to choose the next step of your life.

Because DILENMA is the first step to losing money.

Beware of 2 people.

1. Taking advice from someone who lacks experience. 80% of the advice you will get here have no experience.

2. People who will advice you from a selfish point of view. You can identify them with this phrase, " I need your job "...

Finally, you said you have a side hustle. What is it ?

7 Likes

Re: Quitting My Lucrative Job For A Degree In Canada by 0b100100111: 9:48am On Jul 20, 2017
If you re raking in 500k monthly in Nigeria! You re as good as staying back!

It's not a topic worth discussing.

But I did still advice you travel and see the actual reality on ground so you don't base your decision on hearsay.

1 Like

Re: Quitting My Lucrative Job For A Degree In Canada by Dumbae13: 9:48am On Jul 20, 2017
My dear go for Education...invest in your future, you may lose that job anytime but u will never lose your degree..good luck
Re: Quitting My Lucrative Job For A Degree In Canada by elotajohn1(m): 9:49am On Jul 20, 2017
Ephetar:

Blooder I'm same age as you are, currently in my father's house shamefully eating the old man's food. Bro I need a link to any job at all, it must not be the amount u re working at. Pls chat me up, I need job 08060117551, As for ur dreams go for them

1 Like

Re: Quitting My Lucrative Job For A Degree In Canada by ariklawani(f): 9:49am On Jul 20, 2017
Ab025:
If you have the fund, go for your education....its always a good addition in future

By the way, I need a job, kindly link me up please!
Wicked advice. 500k!who education EPP.
Re: Quitting My Lucrative Job For A Degree In Canada by Donbabaj: 9:50am On Jul 20, 2017
My friend, i'll advise you go for it. Its your kind of reputable profession that is needed in countries like Canada which means you'll definitely get a job. Its only if you don't work hard to graduate with good grades over there. Have you seen anybody who traveled to Canada in a legit way with a good course and good intention and complained that he never made it in the nearest future? Even, after completing your studies in Canada, you can even come back to Nigeria to work as an expatriate if you so wish. Its would have been better If you were paid say two million naira monthly, I would have advise you consider remaining in Nigeria. Actually, I've been wanting to take this form of decision too and so do many less priviledged Nigerians but've been constrained with funds.

If you shine your eyes, you'll realise that the security of this great country Nigeria is well secured in quote.

Currently, I don't need a job, I'm okay with what i earn in my paid employment but if i have any opportunity, oga na to take off o!
Re: Quitting My Lucrative Job For A Degree In Canada by 400billionman: 9:50am On Jul 20, 2017
Ab025:
If you have the fund, go for your education....its always a good addition in future

By the way, I need a job, kindly link me up please!

Typical selfish Nigerian will advice someone from a point of his personal gain.
Re: Quitting My Lucrative Job For A Degree In Canada by Ojikutumemu: 9:51am On Jul 20, 2017
Nice one my brother
Re: Quitting My Lucrative Job For A Degree In Canada by banmee(m): 9:51am On Jul 20, 2017
Jaqenhghar:

So true grin

Yesss oooo.
Re: Quitting My Lucrative Job For A Degree In Canada by Nobody: 9:52am On Jul 20, 2017
Ephetar:

you can invest that money maybe 400k to 1million on extraction of LEAD, ZINC, BRASS, for a start when you have learnt the business very well you can invest huge on it
my brother makes mother 500k in a month contact me 08058537691
Re: Quitting My Lucrative Job For A Degree In Canada by luorquay: 9:53am On Jul 20, 2017
234GT:
You get mind! Why not do an MBA at Lagos Business School part time?
You never value what you have until........

God go bless you 5times for this comment. Best response I have read so far. OP follow this suggestion and save some part of the 'Canada skl fees' even afta paying for your LBS MBA programme.
Re: Quitting My Lucrative Job For A Degree In Canada by oluwaahmed: 9:53am On Jul 20, 2017
Bros if it's not an oli company job, pls leave dat job and go do pharmacy in Canada or even usa. U can neva compare wat u will earn afta complete of ur pharma degree to wat u currently earn in nig. Do u knw d median salary of a pharmacist in America is $90k per anum. Ur 500k salary a month = 6m a year. $90k a year = 32m ow can u compare? In Canada or Yankee health is d main ish, he'll Ders even a series on health care professionals. U can even open ur own pharmacy der & enta into opulence. Pls save quickly & leave dat job, Ders no job security in naija, + ple wit high payin jobs, are usually d first 2 be sacked. Bliv me u won't regret Canada. It wld rily change ur life.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Diamond Bank Salary Scale: How Much Does Diamond Bank Pay Staff? / Working With The Big4, Your Experience. / Blind Mechanic Perfectly Repairing Cars In Abuja (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.