Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,951 members, 7,863,380 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 04:39 PM

Thank God O!!! Fg Not Banning Overseas Production Of Films — Lai Mohammed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Thank God O!!! Fg Not Banning Overseas Production Of Films — Lai Mohammed (553 Views)

Fuel Scarcity: FG Not Contemplating Hike In Petrol Pump Price - SGF Says / FG Not Bearing Cost Of Ekwueme's Treatment / FG Not Banning Overseas Production Of Films — Lai Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thank God O!!! Fg Not Banning Overseas Production Of Films — Lai Mohammed by Webvibez: 7:03am On Jul 20, 2017
The Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed , has denied saying that the Federal Government will ban the overseas production of Nigerian movies and music .
Mohammed noted this on Tuesday evening while reacting to an outcry by artistes over reports saying he hinted at the ban when he visited the headquarters of the Copyright Society of Nigeria in Lagos .
During a briefing at the end of a two -day Creative Industry Financing Conference, with the theme ‘Financing the Film, Television and Music Industries ,’ held at Eko Hotels, Victoria Island , Mohammed said FG would not tamper with the aspirations and rights of the artistes and producers .
He said, “At COSON, I said that I would work to amend the National Broadcasting Commission ’s code to ensure that if a product is designated a Nigerian product , it must be produced in Nigeria . I didn’ t say that , henceforth, all music and films would or must be produced in Nigeria.
“ All I said was that if a programme is designated as a Nigerian content programme , we will amend the code to ensure that it is produced in Nigeria . I didn’ t say I’ ll ban the production of Nigerian movies and videos overseas .”"

SOURCE =>>>> http://webvibez..co.ke/2017/07/thank-god-o-fg-not-banning-overseas.html?m=1

MYND44 OAM4J

Re: Thank God O!!! Fg Not Banning Overseas Production Of Films — Lai Mohammed by ZombiePUNISHER: 7:11am On Jul 20, 2017
Oga lai.... Dont deny this statement by tomorrow..
Re: Thank God O!!! Fg Not Banning Overseas Production Of Films — Lai Mohammed by religionisbad(m): 7:18am On Jul 20, 2017
Rubbish.
Re: Thank God O!!! Fg Not Banning Overseas Production Of Films — Lai Mohammed by dodelight(m): 7:19am On Jul 20, 2017
'Mr Lai', we are used to your lies; can't catch us unawares again. We know you speak from four sides of your mouth- left, right, up, down.

2 Likes

Re: Thank God O!!! Fg Not Banning Overseas Production Of Films — Lai Mohammed by obailala(m): 7:29am On Jul 20, 2017
Webvibez:
The Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed , has denied saying that the Federal Government will ban the overseas production of Nigerian movies and music .
Mohammed noted this on Tuesday evening while reacting to an outcry by artistes over reports saying he hinted at the ban when he visited the headquarters of the Copyright Society of Nigeria in Lagos .
During a briefing at the end of a two -day Creative Industry Financing Conference, with the theme ‘Financing the Film, Television and Music Industries ,’ held at Eko Hotels, Victoria Island , Mohammed said FG would not tamper with the aspirations and rights of the artistes and producers .
He said, “At COSON, I said that I would work to amend the National Broadcasting Commission ’s code to ensure that if a product is designated a Nigerian product , it must be produced in Nigeria . I didn’ t say that , henceforth, all music and films would or must be produced in Nigeria.
“ All I said was that if a programme is designated as a Nigerian content programme , we will amend the code to ensure that it is produced in Nigeria . I didn’ t say I’ ll ban the production of Nigerian movies and videos overseas .”"

SOURCE =>>>> http://webvibez..co.ke/2017/07/thank-god-o-fg-not-banning-overseas.html?m=1

MYND44 OAM4J
The press/social media seems to be doing more harm than good these days... This statement seems more believable than the "FG will ban shooting of videos abroad" statement; how is that even enforceable?
Re: Thank God O!!! Fg Not Banning Overseas Production Of Films — Lai Mohammed by tdbankplc: 7:32am On Jul 20, 2017
You again lai?
Re: Thank God O!!! Fg Not Banning Overseas Production Of Films — Lai Mohammed by femolacqua(m): 7:50am On Jul 20, 2017
Why you to de lie like this.
Re: Thank God O!!! Fg Not Banning Overseas Production Of Films — Lai Mohammed by googlepikins: 7:54am On Jul 20, 2017
Satan will be proud of liar Mohammed
Re: Thank God O!!! Fg Not Banning Overseas Production Of Films — Lai Mohammed by Danny287(m): 7:56am On Jul 20, 2017
We know him already he might still deny it tomorrow
Re: Thank God O!!! Fg Not Banning Overseas Production Of Films — Lai Mohammed by Bossontop(m): 8:29am On Jul 20, 2017
As usual...say one tin 2dae deny it 2maro.....nobe 2dae e don tey

Re: Thank God O!!! Fg Not Banning Overseas Production Of Films — Lai Mohammed by Moety: 8:53am On Jul 20, 2017
What a slowpoke!

Lai lai Ntoooooooooor!!!

Re: Thank God O!!! Fg Not Banning Overseas Production Of Films — Lai Mohammed by bakynes(m): 8:59am On Jul 20, 2017
Even American and British music artiste shoot videos overseas. But I believe a limit should be put on it.

I think has was referring to Big brother naija. It is a Nigerian content and shouldn't have been shot in South Africa even though they are South African organizers.

(1) (Reply)

My Phone Conversation From London Shows Buhari’ll Soon Back On Seat– NANS / Drama As Osinbajo Compels Wike To Enter Same Chopper With Amaechi, Abe {PHOTOS} / You Wont Believe This Outrageous Stats About The North!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.