Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,026 members, 7,828,600 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

Will You Still Say "I Do" If Your Spouse Refuses To Say The Word "Faithful?" - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Will You Still Say "I Do" If Your Spouse Refuses To Say The Word "Faithful?" (630 Views)

Kenyan Girl Has This To Say About Nigerian Guys / Before You Say "I Do" Test Drive The Engine / Guy Takes Girl On A Trip To Dubai, Abandons Her There Because She Refuses Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Will You Still Say "I Do" If Your Spouse Refuses To Say The Word "Faithful?" by Princek12(m): 2:13pm On Feb 05, 2010
This is a brief synopsis of this story for my Nairalanders who like brevity. In another politicized divorce saga, more like a soap-opera, the disgraced Gov. Sanford of South Carolina, USA, using the State's airplane and missing from duty for a couple of days without notifying state officials nor his family, traveled to Argentina to be with his mistress. Now, the governor's wife says, on wedding day, the Governor refused to say the word "faithful." She nonetheless went ahead with the wedding saying, "she questioned it, but got past it."

My intelligent people of Nairaland, will you still proceed with the wedding if your partner, on wedding day, refuses to utter the word "faithful" when taking wedding vows?

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/jenny-sanford-south-carolina-gov-mark-sanford-refused/story?id=9727121
Re: Will You Still Say "I Do" If Your Spouse Refuses To Say The Word "Faithful?" by opokonwa(m): 3:25pm On Feb 05, 2010
Whether he/she utters the word or not, it is not a guarantee that he/she will cheat on you or not.
Get it?
On the wedding day, your mind is already made up for better or worse so, the 'F' word does not determine faithfulness.
Re: Will You Still Say "I Do" If Your Spouse Refuses To Say The Word "Faithful?" by Nobody: 3:26pm On Feb 05, 2010
many women out there think that they can change us and therefore i am sure that many women would say yes thinking that this guy will change to become who they "want him to be".
everybody knows how some gals out there are so desperate to get married anyway that they would accept anything just to look "happy".

the catch is to be honest and do it the right way and THIS GUY DID by telling her exactly what she was getting herself into. . . . . . . and she agreed. after 20yrs of marriage, i would say that she got a great deal.

as for me, if a woman i was about to marry told me this shit, i would accept too as nobody knows how it will turn out in the long run. . . . . . . if during the course of our union i  wasnt able to satisfy her sexual needs any longer then she would have all the rights to go out and find someone who can satisfy her needs AND VICE VERSA.

marriage is not prison and it definitely doesnt mean that you have to be miserable for the rest of your life just because 1o/20yrs down the line someone that you love cant step up to their game.

(1) (Reply)

Divorce Or One Million Dollars ? / Am Confuse, Please Help / To Love Or To Be Loved Which Do You Prefer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.