Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,705 members, 7,820,461 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:22 PM

Nigerians Criticise Senate For Asking CBN To Give Dollars At N200 For Pilgrimage - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Criticise Senate For Asking CBN To Give Dollars At N200 For Pilgrimage (19449 Views)

Nigerians Criticise Interior Minister, Aregbesola’s Credentials / President Buhari Counts 'Looted' Dollars At EFCC Headquarter (Photos) / Buhari Nominates Anthony Ojukwu As NHRC Boss, Writes Senate For Approval (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Criticise Senate For Asking CBN To Give Dollars At N200 For Pilgrimage by bejeria101(m): 9:53am On Jul 21, 2017
Watch zombies dèfend their data pay masters.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Criticise Senate For Asking CBN To Give Dollars At N200 For Pilgrimage by Agimor(m): 9:57am On Jul 21, 2017
Of what benefits is the pilgrimage to Nigeria economy? Misplaced priorities! Buffoons and hyenas everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Criticise Senate For Asking CBN To Give Dollars At N200 For Pilgrimage by Nobody: 9:57am On Jul 21, 2017
Gudfrie:

The misile has hit them too

I pray let those planes carrying them crash.
Re: Nigerians Criticise Senate For Asking CBN To Give Dollars At N200 For Pilgrimage by redsun(m): 10:01am On Jul 21, 2017
What do you expect? It is government of normards,cattle headers, religious fanatics,and gangsters.
Re: Nigerians Criticise Senate For Asking CBN To Give Dollars At N200 For Pilgrimage by lakesider(m): 10:04am On Jul 21, 2017
Using tax payers money to subsidise tourism .
Re: Nigerians Criticise Senate For Asking CBN To Give Dollars At N200 For Pilgrimage by seniwellsFX: 10:09am On Jul 21, 2017
Failed Nation. This is what happens when u have people that are not supposed to be 50,000 radius close to governance,become the leaders of a nation. Sometimes I wonder if these leaders are normal. Despite the harsh economic conditions the country is observing. This kind of advice is what they are coming up with. To my Christian bredrens, pls read and understand ur holy Bible as well as true history. The current occupiers of the land of Israel are impostors and fake Jews that has no singular lineage to Judea or Jacob. They are khazarian's from Eastern Europe with ancestry leading them to Babylon. The current Israel is a grand conspiracy. Stop funding their economy with ur pilgrimage visits

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Criticise Senate For Asking CBN To Give Dollars At N200 For Pilgrimage by juman(m): 10:12am On Jul 21, 2017
The country has lost it.

No hope.
Re: Nigerians Criticise Senate For Asking CBN To Give Dollars At N200 For Pilgrimage by buJu234: 10:23am On Jul 21, 2017
i think am done & dusted with this country..

i dont believe there is any hope again...

wat...??

Nigerians are crying daily because of companies are folding up due difficulty in getting dollars for business that will bring in taxes to make the country grow economically;

yet her so called senators/leaders prefer to give free/ discounted dollars for religious reasons that haven't helped this country since 1960 even til date, rather caused more problem & disunity; increasing the level of corruption..

noooo...

the country is finished...

i think i have been deceiving myself ever since believing that the country go beta.. embarassed embarassed embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Criticise Senate For Asking CBN To Give Dollars At N200 For Pilgrimage by ogashman(m): 10:31am On Jul 21, 2017
u removed fuel subsidy which is meant to better the lives of the people but want to subsidize pilgrimage which only the rich can afford.....

it is obvious they re robbing peter to pay paul
Re: Nigerians Criticise Senate For Asking CBN To Give Dollars At N200 For Pilgrimage by dedeorji(m): 10:50am On Jul 21, 2017
I read the news and decided to hold my peace but after a while I couldn't hold on any longer. I would like to respond to this this by quoting someone, with a little modification -

I have never been spoken ill of religion, but I believe in doing the right thing at the right time.

After independence, in order to build a great nation, each country went to work. But in Nigeria, after independence, our people went to pray and fast.
So, while we were praying, Malaysia came here and took our palm seedlings and built a great factory of it.
While we were praying, Singapore went into investment in technology.
While we were praying, India went into ICT.
While we were praying, China went to massive industrialisation.
While we were shouting Allah Alakubah, UAE went into massive infrastructural development.
While we were binding and casting Lucifer, Japan went into technological development.
While we were speaking in tongues, Denmark went into education of her citizens.
While we were mounting big speakers in our places of worship, USA was mounting man on the moon.
After our prayers, God, being a wise God decided to reward us according to our labour.
Since those that went into industrialisation, technology, infrastructural development, ICT, education etc have been rewarded accordingly. It's only wise God rewards us with our efforts in prayers.
That's why today, Nigerian pastors are competing in building the biggest churches. That's why there are more prayer houses and worship places than hospitals and schools. That's why people rush to prayer houses for medical and business solutions instead of hospitals.
That's why we don't do business proposals before jumping into business since we are going to back it up with prayers. And when it collapse, we blame devil.
That's why it's a sin to say anything negative about pastors and imams.
That's why our pastors don't consider the opinion of engineers while building and blame devil when building collapse.
That's why faith in God replaces building pillars and when it collapse we blame it on Lucifer.
That's why our pastors are making sure they plant church branches instead of schools in every streets in Nigeria.
That's why we always wait for God to do that which ability to accomplish he has already handed over to us.
That's why we want our teachers to labour on earth and go to heaven for their rewards.
Nigeria is a prayer loving, God fearing nation. Religion has taken the place of technology, infrastructure, education and all.
When we are travelling, we ignore all the necessary road requirements, servicing of our vehicles and pray. And, once we pray, we can put a half fit vehicle on the road and blame our step mother or mother in law if anything goes wrong.
That's why there are more people dying on our roads.
Because, we pray and fast and leave everything to God when God has given us all we need to survive and build a nation.......

Collectively we have never done enough!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Criticise Senate For Asking CBN To Give Dollars At N200 For Pilgrimage by RosaConsidine: 11:22am On Jul 21, 2017
ericsmith:

hungry bloggers everywhere,,
i watched the senate session over this pilgrimage rate,,yu bloggers jus twist the news unfortunately how many youth reason these days or watch news because if they ..who does not knw dat pilgrimage get $ @ 200 fixed policy enacted by buhari,, the senate as moved a motion to end these,,, saraki even acknowledge pple av turn it to buiz venture and moreova it doesnt profit d economy in anyways..so??
the politicians rarely do one tin right ,,but @least wen they do, hungry blogger shuld stay off those news if they cannt report the truth ...
am very sure journalism coode of ethnic wonnt support misleading the people to pull traffick

Well then if Premium Times is lying, shouldn't the National Assembly's legal team be writing them to issue a retraction/sue them for libel? You're writing like you're not in Nigeria where this is completely possible.

And can you provide proof of this your assertion, by the way?
Re: Nigerians Criticise Senate For Asking CBN To Give Dollars At N200 For Pilgrimage by piagetskinner(m): 11:29am On Jul 21, 2017
how does going on pilgrimage affect positively the economy of Nigeria...if they were selling it to businesses @200 it would have made more sense

pilgrimage is a personal thing...and its not by force..they should either be given at the official bank rate or they source for fx at the parallel market
Re: Nigerians Criticise Senate For Asking CBN To Give Dollars At N200 For Pilgrimage by LEOVOLUTION(m): 11:43am On Jul 21, 2017
omenka:
The criminals are simply looking for another route through which they could fleece Nigerians.

If this plan succeeds, ALL the senators, including their immediate and extended family members, their house helps, janitors, drivers, name it, would become pilgrims!

They'd all apply for the dollars and all their applications shall be granted, after which they'd resell the dollars, probably in the black market, making a killing!

Our legislators are some of the biggest 419ers we have in this country.

Sadly that's the plain truth.
Re: Nigerians Criticise Senate For Asking CBN To Give Dollars At N200 For Pilgrimage by ImaIma1(f): 11:44am On Jul 21, 2017
Do they subsidize for those going to Jerusalem? So they have the means to subsidize and have done it for importers/business people.
Re: Nigerians Criticise Senate For Asking CBN To Give Dollars At N200 For Pilgrimage by breakeven: 11:52am On Jul 21, 2017
This is why the Blackman will never grow.

According to trump the Blackman is doomed for destruction. I guess he is right
Re: Nigerians Criticise Senate For Asking CBN To Give Dollars At N200 For Pilgrimage by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jul 21, 2017
nwakibie3:

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/237609-nigerians-criticise-senate-asking-cbn-give-dollars-n200-pilgrimage.html

No wonder they have been clamoring for a national carrier so that they can airlift muslims to Saudi Arabia free of charge. Senseless muslims and senate.
Re: Nigerians Criticise Senate For Asking CBN To Give Dollars At N200 For Pilgrimage by rejoice4eva(m): 12:16pm On Jul 21, 2017
I feel like crying for Nigeria but realised it is not worth it. what a shame.
Re: Nigerians Criticise Senate For Asking CBN To Give Dollars At N200 For Pilgrimage by slimfit1(m): 12:19pm On Jul 21, 2017
It's the people that vote them in to represent them that has problem seriously.
Re: Nigerians Criticise Senate For Asking CBN To Give Dollars At N200 For Pilgrimage by sapele914(m): 12:34pm On Jul 21, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:

APC led senate.... A party of angels bro

Coffins fall on all children of Medina
coffin fall on who?Redeemed Christian church of God supports it,oyedepo supports it,Adegboye supports it,chief Imam supports it,mountain of fire supports it,islamic organization of Nigeria supports it,Christian Association of Nigeria supports it, nnamdi kanu supports it,israel is his homeland where is the Apc here and who carry coffin?
Re: Nigerians Criticise Senate For Asking CBN To Give Dollars At N200 For Pilgrimage by sapele914(m): 12:37pm On Jul 21, 2017
Xda59:

No wonder they have been clamoring for a national carrier so that they can airlift muslims to Saudi Arabia free of charge. Senseless muslims and senate.
You forgot to mention,what of Christians to israel,na aero contractor dey take reach Jerusalem?
Re: Nigerians Criticise Senate For Asking CBN To Give Dollars At N200 For Pilgrimage by Iamzik: 1:39pm On Jul 21, 2017
sapele914:
coffin fall on who?Redeemed Christian church of God supports it,oyedepo supports it,Adegboye supports it,chief Imam supports it,mountain of fire supports it,islamic organization of Nigeria supports it,Christian Association of Nigeria supports it, nnamdi kanu supports it,israel is his homeland where is the Apc here and who carry coffin?

Oga I don't care who supports it. This is a useless policy.

All those you mentioned above are rich enough to sponsor themselves and a thousand more on pilgrimage.

Let them use their church /mosque money to subsidize it.

What is the economic benefit of pilgrimage to Nigeria?? Answer me
Re: Nigerians Criticise Senate For Asking CBN To Give Dollars At N200 For Pilgrimage by ROBO1722: 1:50pm On Jul 21, 2017
IF THIS GOVERNMENT IS THINKING RIGHT AND MEANT WELL FOR THE PEOPLE, THIS KIND OF SUGGESTION SHOULD HAVE BEN CONSIDERED FOR THE STUDENTS ABROAD AND SICK PERSONS RECOMMENDED FOR OVERSEAS TREATMENT.

RELIGIOUS MATTERS OR MOVEMENT SHOULD BE PRIVATE (BECAUSE ITS SALVATION) AND FOR GOVERNMENT TO BE DISCUSSING.

I FEAR THIS COUNTRY, I SWEAR!
Re: Nigerians Criticise Senate For Asking CBN To Give Dollars At N200 For Pilgrimage by Soulsamy(m): 1:59pm On Jul 21, 2017
I'm not understanding
Re: Nigerians Criticise Senate For Asking CBN To Give Dollars At N200 For Pilgrimage by greatcrown: 2:01pm On Jul 21, 2017
Considering what the country is going through pilgrimage should be taxed.

Especially those going more than once for Muslim.
For Christian same thing apply in fact Christian own should be taxed even if once.

This should also be applicable to any holiday outside the country.
Re: Nigerians Criticise Senate For Asking CBN To Give Dollars At N200 For Pilgrimage by agrovick(m): 2:32pm On Jul 21, 2017
Who cursed us with this set of unfortunate beings
Re: Nigerians Criticise Senate For Asking CBN To Give Dollars At N200 For Pilgrimage by naija4jump: 3:27pm On Jul 21, 2017
sarrki:
Our political elites don't understand what is governance

Religion is a personal thing

Why not sell to importers at 200

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chibokgirls Graduate From School(photos) / Dino Melaye Awarded 'The Best Senator In Kogi State Since 1999' (Photos) / Saipem, Daewoo, Chiyoda Win $10bn NLNG Train 7 Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.