Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,581 members, 7,820,091 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:34 AM

2 Kids Of Same Parents Killed As Flood Ravages Onitsha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2 Kids Of Same Parents Killed As Flood Ravages Onitsha (720 Views)

Flood Ravages Appeal Court In Abuja, Staff, Litigants Groan (Photos) / Flood Ravages Parts Of Nasarawa State (Photos) / Man Swims On Lekki Road As Flood Takes Over Lagos Island (Watch Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2 Kids Of Same Parents Killed As Flood Ravages Onitsha by edunwablog: 5:50am On Jul 22, 2017
Two children of same parents aged 12 and 6 have been confirmed dead following massive flooding in Okpoko, New Haven Layout, Ogbaru, Anambra State.

Rainfall which started on Thursday evening and lasted through the early morning yesterday left several properties damaged in parts of Onitsha, Owelle Aja and Oduke in Obosi and Okpoko area.

Church buildings, fences, vehicles and houses were damaged in the flooding.

In Okpoko area, streets affected include Achina, Ojibe, Onyekwelu and Emenike.

Consoling Mr John Obasi, father of the victims, chieftain of the Progressive Peoples Alliance and governorship aspirant, Mr. Godwin Ezeemo lamented that lack of proper planning and drainage system had caused untold hardship in several parts of the state.

Ezeemo who was pained by the loss of the children under such circumstances called on both state and federal governments to urgently come to the aid of the displaced and affected families.

President General of Okpoko community, Chief Linus Ezenwamma blamed the flooding in the area on indiscriminate dumping of refuse leading to blockage of drainage channels.
more at http://www.akelicious.com/2017/07/2-kids-of-same-parents-killed-as-flood.html

Re: 2 Kids Of Same Parents Killed As Flood Ravages Onitsha by val15: 5:52am On Jul 22, 2017
What a bad news
Re: 2 Kids Of Same Parents Killed As Flood Ravages Onitsha by Ifeanyi4491(m): 6:11am On Jul 22, 2017
RIP
Re: 2 Kids Of Same Parents Killed As Flood Ravages Onitsha by thesicilian: 6:16am On Jul 22, 2017
I pity the poor parents. Can't even begin to imagine the pains they must be going through now.
Re: 2 Kids Of Same Parents Killed As Flood Ravages Onitsha by Kondomatic(m): 6:18am On Jul 22, 2017
Osaze007:
Poto poto region no one died in Yoruba land but see as them dey die like chicken
Idiot.

http://dailypost.ng/2016/09/15/flood-kills-60-year-old-man-osogbo/

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/07/lagos-flood-kills-25/

1 Like

Re: 2 Kids Of Same Parents Killed As Flood Ravages Onitsha by kenny987(f): 6:19am On Jul 22, 2017
Osaze007:
Poto poto region no one died in Yoruba land but see as them dey die like chicken

You could at least be civil and show some sympathy or just shut it! Those were kids who didn't sign up to even be born in any part of the absolute cesspit called Nigeria. Not everything is some tribal bigot point to be scored!

I am also sure u didn't make that crappy statement when about 20 persons were reported dead from d same flood issues in Suleja. I hope that isn't the legendary cowardice shining through...

2 Likes

Re: 2 Kids Of Same Parents Killed As Flood Ravages Onitsha by mazimee(m): 6:32am On Jul 22, 2017
You shouldn't have dignify that Low life with a reply. He just showed the world what a demented scum he is.

Kondomatic:
Idiot.

http://dailypost.ng/2016/09/15/flood-kills-60-year-old-man-osogbo/

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/07/lagos-flood-kills-25/
kenny987:

You could at least be civil and show some sympathy or just shut it! Those were kids who didn't sign up to even be born in any part of the absolute cesspit called Nigeria. Not everything is some tribal bigot point to be scored!

I am also sure u didn't make that crap put statement when about 20 persons were reported dead from d same flood issues in Suleja. I hope that isn't the legendary cowardice shining through...
Re: 2 Kids Of Same Parents Killed As Flood Ravages Onitsha by NwaAmaikpe: 6:39am On Jul 22, 2017
shocked

Ka mkpuru obi ha na n'udo

N'aha Jesu Christi onye nwe anyi

1 Like

Re: 2 Kids Of Same Parents Killed As Flood Ravages Onitsha by marshalcarter: 6:43am On Jul 22, 2017
eyaaaa....Jah console the parents
Re: 2 Kids Of Same Parents Killed As Flood Ravages Onitsha by room089: 6:43am On Jul 22, 2017
So this is the type of place this guys would resort to should Nnamdi Kanu succeeds in deceiving them to pull out?

Very inhabitable and highly susceptible to flooding. Going by their clamour for a sovereign state, I had thought that their region was an el dorado of some sort!

It's a pity!

RIP good children
Re: 2 Kids Of Same Parents Killed As Flood Ravages Onitsha by Warship: 7:04am On Jul 22, 2017
Osaze007:

No wonder Oduduwa was cast out of heaven

1 Like

Re: 2 Kids Of Same Parents Killed As Flood Ravages Onitsha by juman(m): 7:59am On Jul 22, 2017
Sorry o.

I wonder if tsunami attack nigeria, millions would die. This kind of country where everything is upside down.
Re: 2 Kids Of Same Parents Killed As Flood Ravages Onitsha by Osaze007: 12:24pm On Jul 22, 2017
Warship:

No wonder Oduduwa was cast out of heaven
He followed nri steps
Re: 2 Kids Of Same Parents Killed As Flood Ravages Onitsha by Michael004: 12:48pm On Jul 22, 2017
RIP to the kids, and God protect the parents. But which kind roof I say see so. Thought there is no brown roof in the east.

(1) (Reply)

APC! APC!! Apc!!!...lagos Rules!! / The Bad Effects Of Football Betting In Nigeria / I Was Forced By Security Officers To Buy Properties Belonging To Jonathan-trader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.