Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,610 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:09 AM

Friend Refuses To Pay Twitter User After He Lent Him Money - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Friend Refuses To Pay Twitter User After He Lent Him Money (41467 Views)

Innocent Chukwuma Rejects EFCC Release, Refuses To Leave Custody / "I Didn't Graduate With 3rd Class" - Tony Elumelu Reacts To Twitter User's Claim / MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? TheGuardian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Friend Refuses To Pay Twitter User After He Lent Him Money by sunshineV(f): 9:33pm On Jul 22, 2017
I lend u money

U no pay back

I ask u for my money

U tell me 'fvck of boy'

I shuuk hand inside ur eye

MOFO

2 Likes

Re: Friend Refuses To Pay Twitter User After He Lent Him Money by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jul 22, 2017
Na so learnt my lesson! Wicked pple faking frienship just to rip you off
Re: Friend Refuses To Pay Twitter User After He Lent Him Money by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jul 22, 2017
nwadiuko1:
but spending more to recover less doesnt make economic sense

It actually does and it's a business necessity.

It serves as a lesson to defaulters.

It's written off as a business expense.
Re: Friend Refuses To Pay Twitter User After He Lent Him Money by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jul 22, 2017
Eluwilussit:

If u are a business man, u dont spend more to get less. If you are a politician or an entertainer, then you can spend millions for 1 naira. Well, if u follow ur heart, at least u will not blame anyone else. grin

I'm starting to understand how/why Nigeria remains bleeped.

If you borrow from me and refuse to pay then I'll use whatever means at my disposal to pursue you to the end of the earth to recover.

I'm starting an auto leasing/renting/purchase soon in Ibadan and one of my highest expense is enforcement of contract and recovery.
Re: Friend Refuses To Pay Twitter User After He Lent Him Money by Eluwilussit(m): 9:51pm On Jul 22, 2017
EgunMogaji:

I'm starting to understand how/why Nigeria remains bleeped.

If you borrow from me and refuse to pay then I'll use whatever means at my disposal to pursue you to the end of the earth to recover.

I'm starting an auto leasing/renting/purchase soon in Ibadan and one of my highest expense is enforcement of contract and recovery.

So you will spend 1milion naira to get back 1 naira in ur new venture? I don't quite get ur position on this. grin
Re: Friend Refuses To Pay Twitter User After He Lent Him Money by barallanee(f): 9:57pm On Jul 22, 2017
sheyinoni:

shocked
wats wrong na
Re: Friend Refuses To Pay Twitter User After He Lent Him Money by Greenbullet(m): 10:01pm On Jul 22, 2017
I swear this is my problem right now, I borrowed a lady who is my friend 175k since last year November, she said she would pay me by April this year , can you imagine when I approached her to pay me she postponed to May and I agreed, May came , aunty pay me my money, she said I am PESTING HER , on top my money chiaaa up till now ,I Neva recover my money from that winch,

4 Likes

Re: Friend Refuses To Pay Twitter User After He Lent Him Money by Christeety: 10:04pm On Jul 22, 2017
A guy walked up to me to borrow him 100k to balance up his house rent. That the money is with his brother who stays in dubai. It was on a Friday, he said his brother couldn't exchange the money bla bla, that on Monday morning before 10am I'll get it back.

I too was sourcing for house. Out of pity, I gave him 100k have been saving up for my house rent. I told him that I'm meant to pay mine on Wednesday. He gave his word again that Monday unfailingly.
I collected the money 2months after, it was paid in 5k, 3k, 20k. I couldn't cry. Not a sweet experience.
Some people are terrible when it comes to fufilling promises.#Lessonslearnt#

5 Likes

Re: Friend Refuses To Pay Twitter User After He Lent Him Money by authority2006(m): 10:22pm On Jul 22, 2017
muller101:
So what should we do
Learn.
Re: Friend Refuses To Pay Twitter User After He Lent Him Money by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jul 22, 2017
AMOUNT PEOPLE ARE OWING ME

1)I did a Job for a lady since March; Account building related ( 25k)

2) a guy too.. Account building related (5k)

3) Advertising job,Pr job,music trending job and they refused to pay...it's going to like 15-20k

4)One if my guy borrowed 5k few weeks back to complete his School fees..He paid 2k after so much pestering..3k left with him

5)A guy was supposed to Give me 15k share...and he's been holding on it.

Look at all this amount this people are Owing me..and I am just a 300level student..how do they want me to Survive?

Most of them already stopped replying my MESSAGE

3 Likes

Re: Friend Refuses To Pay Twitter User After He Lent Him Money by hibee4uall(m): 10:24pm On Jul 22, 2017
What an ungrateful mind...

PLS CHECK MY SIGNATURE. THANKS FOR DOING SO
Re: Friend Refuses To Pay Twitter User After He Lent Him Money by tmanis(m): 10:26pm On Jul 22, 2017
Hmmmm... So this is why nobody wants to borrow me money.... Seems this is part of the harsh realities of life that I have to face, considering this is the first time I am in desperate need of money that would warrant me going to borrow.

Lesson well learnt.
Re: Friend Refuses To Pay Twitter User After He Lent Him Money by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jul 22, 2017
Eluwilussit:

So you will spend 1milion naira to get back 1 naira in ur new venture? I don't quite get ur position on this. grin

You chose not to understand, I already explained it.

Have a nice day.
Re: Friend Refuses To Pay Twitter User After He Lent Him Money by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jul 22, 2017
Lol, dude is still a learner. I've lost approximately $50k as loans to friends who think I'm stupid and don't have responsibilities.

The drill is help people financially as much as you can but don't give them loans, you ain't chase bank.

1 Like

Re: Friend Refuses To Pay Twitter User After He Lent Him Money by ifitistrue: 10:34pm On Jul 22, 2017
it really a fat lesson for all. a fool that called himself a friend to me since 2010 that he needed money for a business project.I gave him 2 million plus till date.he does not pick my calls.last two years.I travelled down town.I invited him for the money.he refused to show up.called on phone and he was telling me he is in a trafic for the whole day.I was informed to report him to the police so we can take down a written statement since no agreement was signed and to avoid him from denying me in the nearest future.we invited him and he refuses to show up.I took the police to his house.he was inside with the wife and house girl.when I called him.his phone ran but never picked.when he got to realize that I was the person outside.he puts off the phone. I told the policemen that we won't go.that we will stay till he comes out.the next thing I saw was a another police squad with matchets, guns and others that they just called them that I am a kidnapper.one of the policemen that came with him happens to know that team and told them that we are from the station.even the guy wife was telling them am a kidnapper there.after much much,he was released to my team.we went to the station and he was detained for two days.his relatives and friends came.Do you know non of them asked me what happened. they didn't talk to me. I was at home when an elderly friend called me.saying he called him to beg me to ask them to bail him.after much talk with him.I agreed.he was finally granted bail and till today.he has not call me or answer my call.it was God that saved me.Do you know when the incident happened.it was when kidnapping was hot in the eastern part of the country. I had to fly back to my base because such guy could kill. the funniest was that the day I gave him the money. i was kidnapped. he could not bring out the money for my bail out.My advice.it is better you give the person the amount you can forget if not returned.some men are mean and wicked.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Friend Refuses To Pay Twitter User After He Lent Him Money by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jul 22, 2017
Afam4eva:

It's not about not being able to do without it but about people being ungrateful and not keeping to their word. If i give you one naira, i expect it back and if you don't oblige, i'm ready to spend 1 million naira to get back that 1 naira and you can be rest assured that i'll deal with you in the process. So, it's not about the money but the attitude.

with all due respect, u wrote trash.

Don't loan out an amount u can't afford to lose.
U can loan out one million naira to someone and as ur spending 192 million to get it back, u can actually die in the process.

3 Likes

Re: Friend Refuses To Pay Twitter User After He Lent Him Money by bbjummy: 11:05pm On Jul 22, 2017
Bros, thank God yours is 11k. I borrowed a friend 150k in 2014, I'll pay u next month was the song he kept singing. Gradually he stopped picking my calls and responding to my chats. Till date one dime he never paid me. When life crumbles on them in future they'll blame it on their village ancestors. I just learnt to stop lending out to whosoever and no matter how small. I can not come and kill myself.

2 Likes

Re: Friend Refuses To Pay Twitter User After He Lent Him Money by adontcare(f): 11:14pm On Jul 22, 2017
That was how I borrowed someone money for house rent 50k. He begged and shed tears. But time to pay na insult I received. Till date I did not bother to ask for the money back. May God repay him in his own coin?

2 Likes

Re: Friend Refuses To Pay Twitter User After He Lent Him Money by kaima1984(f): 11:38pm On Jul 22, 2017
lovingyouhun:
.eyahhhhhhhh, sorry girl. I once lend a friend of mine money only for the person to start keeping malice with me so I decided not to ask for the money since it was something I could let go ( <10k ). After about 3 Months this person suddenly saw me one day and said hi shocked Hmmmmmmmmmm, gave me about 3 days more then walked up to my room and asked for a larger amount begged me that the money was needed urgently that I shouldn't worry that the last money I lend will be paid along with this new one that was being requested. I had the money but didn't give, I simply told the person not to worry about the previous debt that he should see it as a gift but that lending him this new cash was impossible. That was how our frelationship ended smiley grin. Even though I didn't get the previous money I made him realise I had the money to cover the new request but wasn't going to help . I was fulfilled smiley wink... Take heart dear shit happens!
Mine was worst,during my Nysc days in Phc,a frd asked me to borrow her 230k for d mom's trip to India for a transplant based on i was in her family house and d uncle was minister of education den in bayelsa state I never hesitate to borrow her d cash,few days to Nysc completion and i asked f my money could u believe dat this babe denied our transaction,i traveled down to bayelsa and made d issue kwn to her uncle(minister)she was summoned and to my greatest surprise she said d money was for house rent,believe u me bro i fainted bc dat cash was my life den,i had plan starting up business with d money after Nysc but d good thing about my case was dat d uncle linked me up wit a firm I worked with for a while,after den my 10box no go fall enter person hand in d name of borrowing, ppl dey oooo

4 Likes

Re: Friend Refuses To Pay Twitter User After He Lent Him Money by Gavrelino123: 11:38pm On Jul 22, 2017
AdoraAmadi:
A Twitter user has taken to the platform to share the reply he got from a friend he lent money to. The reply was all shade of meanness and here's a screenshot of it; 

http://www.lailasblog.com/2017/07/checkout-reply-twitter-user-got-friend-lent-money.html
that's why I find it difficult to lend money to anybody..
Never Never....when it comes to pay back..u will become their enemy. ...

2 Likes

Re: Friend Refuses To Pay Twitter User After He Lent Him Money by Gavrelino123: 11:39pm On Jul 22, 2017
Afam4eva:

It's not about not being able to do without it but about people being ungrateful and not keeping to their word. If i give you one naira, i expect it back and if you don't oblige, i'm ready to spend 1 million naira to get back that 1 naira and you can be rest assured that i'll deal with you in the process. So, it's not about the money but the attitude.
you are right bro. . the person have to be taught a lesson...
I did same to a friend..

1 Like

Re: Friend Refuses To Pay Twitter User After He Lent Him Money by SlayQueenSlayer(m): 11:43pm On Jul 22, 2017
UndisputedBosom:
Like one b¡tch from my maternal village that once stayed with us told me 2 lend her 5k that she'll refund me at the end of the month......

It's been 4 months now already and the b¡tch ignores my calls undecided

She's from your maternal village so please forgive and don't call her a bitch. She might not have the money and is finding it difficult to face you.
Re: Friend Refuses To Pay Twitter User After He Lent Him Money by lovingyouhun: 11:44pm On Jul 22, 2017
kaima1984:
Mine was worst,during my Nysc days in Phc,a frd asked me to borrow her 230k for d mom's trip to India for a transplant based on i was in her family house and d uncle was minister of education den in bayelsa state I never hesitate to borrow her d cash,few days to Nysc completion and i asked f my money could u believe dat this babe denied our transaction,i traveled down to bayelsa and made d issue kwn to her uncle(minister)she was summoned and to my greatest surprise she said d money was for house rent,believe u me bro i fainted bc dat cash was my life den,i had plan starting up business with d money after Nysc but d good thing about my case was dat d uncle linked me up wit a firm I worked with for a while,after den my 10box no go fall enter person hand in d name of borrowing, ppl dey oooo

Hmmm, yours was really worse, you'll just be amazed at how they'll behave like it was their shadow that came to borrow the money from you, you'll be left in wonderland. I'm really sorry, your experience was indeed bad, it can't happen anymore.

3 Likes

Re: Friend Refuses To Pay Twitter User After He Lent Him Money by gemale(m): 11:55pm On Jul 22, 2017
AdoraAmadi:
A Twitter user has taken to the platform to share the reply he got from a friend he lent money to. The reply was all shade of meanness and here's a screenshot of it; 

http://www.lailasblog.com/2017/07/checkout-reply-twitter-user-got-friend-lent-money.html
I seriously pity that person who doesn't want to pay that money back. He is very myopic. He doesn't realize that another problem even bigger that the last 1 might take him back to that person again. In exchange for mere 11k that mostly likely can't last him for a month, he has traded integrity, friendship, trust, goodwill & even a portion of his soul. It seems he lacks the fear of God & is ignorant of the fact that there is a special curse 1 attracts when 1 rewards good with evil. Call it karma or whatever, a man shall reap what he sows. Do you know the fearful part of this law? It is the fact that 1 reaps way more than 1 sows sometimes in 10s, 100 or even 1000 folds. 1 seed of corn if sown would bring forth at least 1 cob that contains more than 50 seeds of corn.

3 Likes

Re: Friend Refuses To Pay Twitter User After He Lent Him Money by molekoole(m): 12:12am On Jul 23, 2017
Afam4eva:

spending 1 million naira to get back that 1 naira! bros i feel ur pain but that's penny wise pound foolish naa. Don't you think?
Re: Friend Refuses To Pay Twitter User After He Lent Him Money by Lilswaghanxum(m): 12:12am On Jul 23, 2017
Greyworld:
People don't learn. I remember back in sch den I borrowed my last card 2 a frnd to settle accommodation issues. Na so o baby travel go port harcourt and recklessly abandoned me to my fate.

When I call she won't pick, eventually I caught wen I used a frnd fone, aunty told me there was no bank around wer she was to pay in th moni.

Brethren, I survived with 100 daily fries from etta agbor became staple.

malabite abi malabress no vex. no condition is permanent. But me no dey fit borrow person money
Re: Friend Refuses To Pay Twitter User After He Lent Him Money by Francolad(m): 1:55am On Jul 23, 2017
Reason why I don't borrow people money. If u walk up to me, forget it I can't borrow you a penny, I'd tell you straight up. People changed me and so I changed too. One thing I do is give you what I'm capable of giving out then like doing it for God's sake and forget the money for life.

1 Like

Re: Friend Refuses To Pay Twitter User After He Lent Him Money by k9ine(m): 3:01am On Jul 23, 2017
Bro you spoke truth there. A debtor who does not want to pay back what he owes a lender SHALL in future have need to borrow money and he would find no one to help out, even in the direst of situations. Then he would blame people for not showing kindness. He failed to recall that it is he who placed the curse of unkindness towards him.

I learnt this the hard way though that "do not loan out money you cannot write off as bad debt". I don't blame people who don't loan out money to friends or family members, they have been poked in the eye.

I lent a friend 15k to complete her funds for a business transaction, for over 3 years she had refused to pay and went on a technical in communicado. It got to a point I sent her a message that I could write it off as a bad debt, but that nature/creation will design a way to forcefully take it from her and give to me. It's a fact.

The other one, I was to make a deposit into my account in the bank, an old colleague told me he had been owing house rent for months, and pleaded I should help. I lent him 30k. He paid 5k almost 3 years later. Till date shishi I have not seen, he tells one story after another. They all fail to realise the money does not make me less wealthy, rather trust has been eroded.

gemale:

I seriously pity that person who doesn't want to pay that money back. He is very myopic. He doesn't realize that another problem even bigger that the last 1 might take him back to that person again. In exchange for mere 11k that mostly likely can't last him for a month, he has traded integrity, friendship, trust, goodwill & even a portion of his soul. It seems he lacks the fear of God & is ignorant of the fact that there is a special curse 1 attracts when 1 rewards good for evil. Call it karma or whatever, a man shall reap what he sows. Do you know the fearful part of this law? It is the fact that 1 reaps way more than 1 sows sometimes in 10s, 100 or even 1000 folds. 1 seed of corn if sown would bring forth at least 1 cob that contains more than 50 seeds of corn.

2 Likes

Re: Friend Refuses To Pay Twitter User After He Lent Him Money by Nobody: 3:43am On Jul 23, 2017
That was how I lend money to a very close friend in 2013 and when it was time to pay she stopped picking my calls , I kept calling with other numbers until she said I am disturbing her. We had to quarell over it and still she didn't pay up till now , she doesn't even talk to me anymore.

2 Likes

Re: Friend Refuses To Pay Twitter User After He Lent Him Money by sunnyeinstein(m): 5:06am On Jul 23, 2017
fuckerstard:
Before i lend you money, I'm always very sure you would pay back. I do my vetting!

Oga ade, tnk God say u neva jam bad market... and pray/hope not to
Re: Friend Refuses To Pay Twitter User After He Lent Him Money by sisisioge: 5:31am On Jul 23, 2017
Chai! I really don't borrow peeps money I can't do without. That reminds me, my cute friend is owing me 5k...let me go say hi to her grin.
Re: Friend Refuses To Pay Twitter User After He Lent Him Money by BetaThings: 6:55am On Jul 23, 2017
Eluwilussit:

Spending millions to get one naira is why wars happen and marriages break. Some things are not worth fighting for, even for the sake of principles. Don't let your ego take the place of principles. Business people dont roll like that. Ever heard of bad debt?

Now i am not saying the debtor was right or that the guy should not get his money back, i am only interested in ur position in this post. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

A bank in Nigeria has a policy of spending any amount required to bring fraudsters to book, same for bad debtors
People and staff who want to defraud don't try their stuff with the bank because they know they will not have peace

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Tech Start-up Journey / CBN Returns Over N60 Billion Excess Bank Charges To Customers / Naira Rate Against The Dollar, Pounds And Euros Today May 5th

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.