Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,788 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

10 Incredible Muammar Gaddafi Facts You Won’t Believe Are Real. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Incredible Muammar Gaddafi Facts You Won’t Believe Are Real. (8353 Views)

If You Represent A People, You Won’t Like To See Them Suffering’ – Buhari / Senator Abaribe Accused Buhari Of Incompetence Over Muammar Gaddafi - Herdsmen / President Buhari Blames Gaddafi For Herdsmen Crisis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Incredible Muammar Gaddafi Facts You Won’t Believe Are Real. by tonio2wo: 5:27pm On Jul 23, 2017
prospero5:
the guy above me. na wa ooo!

the story is about Gaddafi not USA.

Usa killed him!!
Re: 10 Incredible Muammar Gaddafi Facts You Won’t Believe Are Real. by correctguy101(m): 7:41pm On Jul 23, 2017
henryobinna:

I believe the reason why the USA is staying away from Kim is because of nuclear weapons at his disposal, not because he can take down the USA with them, no, not a dent. but he'll wreck havock with them, south Korea a USA ally would suffer real bad and many other issues.

That was exactly why I called him a madman.
He would unleash real chaos on not only South Korea and I say he'll more than dent the USA. They got more to lose than gain in indulging a lunatic with a bio warhead at his disposal

Yes Gadaffi is better than most our preaidents past and present... but I won't trade freedom for anything.
Brother don't tell me you don't know the entire Libyan people's subscribed to Islam and that Islam has got loads of restrictions. Plus all the freedom in Nigeria what has that done to us? I don't believe we practice true democracy in Nigeria, I've been in business since 2005 and I know why I say we're not free in Nigeria, not even our government, they still answer to those powerful nations know all their policies and law enforcement stuffs whether it favors their citizens or not, Nigerian leaders only think of their account balance and create crazy policies, to hell with the economy that's their thoughts.

I believe you heard of the recent policies to tax beggars and bar artistes from shooting videos outside the country? forgetting its their own failure caused it all.
Brother Abeg make we leave the matter, any little freedom you enjoy in Nigeria is cos we're not an Islamic State, no Sharia law and other restrictions. Aside enforcing Sharia and other nonsensical Islamic laws, Qaddafi's cool
Re: 10 Incredible Muammar Gaddafi Facts You Won’t Believe Are Real. by hakeem4(m): 7:40am On Jul 24, 2017
napoleon77:

Did Awo lead an African nation?
a region
Re: 10 Incredible Muammar Gaddafi Facts You Won’t Believe Are Real. by Modsenemy(f): 12:29pm On Jul 24, 2017
ivandragon:
even Hitler was able to turn Germany into an industrial & military super power (at the time);

Chairman Mao revolutionized China but at the expense of freedom & about 40m lives;

Stalin turned Russia into a fearsome military power but committed genocides;

Erdogan is quickly turning Turkey back into an Islamic state through authoritarian means;

so make what you will of Qhaddafi...

no matter how bad a leader is, they always have some good works to 'brag' about... but we must never forget that good infrastructure & other physical amenities are not enough to compensate for natural liberties & personal freedom...

the dividends of democracy are not roads, light, water or other physical amenities...

the dividends of democracy is your freedom... to life, expression, religion, thought etc...

Talk to me about gadaffi .

Gadaffi'a major offense was being at loggerheads with the US

2. His offense was giving power solely to his people

Any other thing you term as an offense is only a result of a post-war.

If u were going to refer to genocide, I would tell you that the rebel were given enough time to resort to peaceful resolution but because of the influence of the greedy imperialists (US) they were ready push him to the wall .

And incase u don't know , the largest US foreign air base is in libya , so they would do Anyfin to hav it back which they did immediately after his death.

And incase u don't know , the great Mandela is an ally of gadaffi .

If Nigeria also kicks against imperialism like Puttin and gadaffi, then we would be living far better than this !!
Re: 10 Incredible Muammar Gaddafi Facts You Won’t Believe Are Real. by tinz: 1:04pm On Jul 24, 2017
prospero5:
the guy above me. na wa ooo!

the story is about Gaddafi not USA.

Oga stop defending injustice. Gaddafi was killed all cause of the oil pipeline he rejected to pass through his country down to Europe through Turkey. Same thing Assad rejected which is why there's way in the country.
Re: 10 Incredible Muammar Gaddafi Facts You Won’t Believe Are Real. by ivandragon: 4:43pm On Jul 24, 2017
Modsenemy:

Talk to me about gadaffi .

Gadaffi'a major offense was being at loggerheads with the US

2. His offense was giving power solely to his people

Any other thing you term as an offense is only a result of a post-war.

If u were going to refer to genocide, I would tell you that the rebel were given enough time to resort to peaceful resolution but because of the influence of the greedy imperialists (US) they were ready push him to the wall .

And incase u don't know , the largest US foreign air base is in libya , so they would do Anyfin to hav it back which they did immediately after his death.

And incase u don't know , the great Mandela is an ally of gadaffi .

If Nigeria also kicks against imperialism like Puttin and gadaffi, then we would be living far better than this !!

look, I have had this chat with someone else & won't bother debating on the matter.

call the US imperialists & all what not, that's simply the way you understand international politics.

you probably feel its OK for a person to be life president & stifle opposition, that's your own opinion.

we often prefer to look at reactions rather actions...

remember the slave trade? we call the 'imperialists' all sorts of names but forget that it was fellow Africans that were raiding villages & selling their brothers to the white man.

my point?

we keep pointing accusing fingers at others while we conveniently ignore our own faults.
Re: 10 Incredible Muammar Gaddafi Facts You Won’t Believe Are Real. by Modsenemy(f): 6:24pm On Jul 24, 2017
ivandragon:

look, I have had this chat with someone else & won't bother debating on the matter.

call the US imperialists & all what not, that's simply the way you understand international politics.

you probably feel its OK for a person to be life president & stifle opposition, that's your own opinion.

we often prefer to look at reactions rather actions...

remember the slave trade? we call the 'imperialists' all sorts of names but forget that it was fellow Africans that were raiding villages & selling their brothers to the white man.

my point?

we keep pointing accusing fingers at others while we conveniently ignore our own faults.

That's where you got it all wrong .

So u hav always thought the reason for Libyan war was because he had been ruling for decades?
Well that's what the CNN made u believe .

My advise is , don't always watch cnn and Wikipedia alone , try to read facts from their indigenous sources.

Incase u don't know how Wikipedia works, they are edited by ordinary people that's why if you try a Wikipedia on the Biafra war, all the previous details of how the coup started has been deleted to favor the situation .
Re: 10 Incredible Muammar Gaddafi Facts You Won’t Believe Are Real. by ivandragon: 6:42pm On Jul 24, 2017
Modsenemy:

That's where you got it all wrong .

So u hav always thought the reason for Libyan war was because he had been ruling for decades?
Well that's what the CNN made u believe .

My advise is , don't always watch cnn and Wikipedia alone , try to read facts from their indigenous sources.

Incase u don't know how Wikipedia works, they are edited by ordinary people that's why if you try a Wikipedia on the Biafra war, all the previous details of how the coup started has been deleted to favor the situation .

seriously?

how many of these countries have you been too?

have you conducted researches on these countries?

please, I really don't have the strength for childish postulations. you will soon tell me that the Arab spring was instigated by the US.

when you do extensive research on international relations & global politics come back & state your case.

imagine you thinking I would rely on wikipedia for information... that's an insult.

my primary post on this matter was simply to point out that no matter how benelovent a dictator is, civil liberties are still essential to people.

let me ask you this, if you had the option to go to Qaddafi's Libya or Obama's US, where would you chose?

answer that question truthfully & you would see the flaw in your position.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Edo Youth Barricade NPDC Office Over "Marginalisation Of Host Communities" / Rivers: Court Affirms Accord Party Candidates, APC National Assembly Candidates / What My 3 Aboki Friends Told Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.