Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,582 members, 7,820,103 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:45 AM

Why Many Christians May Burn In Hell - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Many Christians May Burn In Hell (13738 Views)

Prophet Kumchacha: Women Who Scream God's Name During Sex Will End Up In Hell / Born Again: Many Christians can not answer "YES" to this question. / Why Many Christians Face Difficulty In Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Many Christians May Burn In Hell by KinzyeWriter(m): 2:36pm On Jul 23, 2017
emmayayodeji:
i want to go to hell
heaven is boring jhoor

na hell me , davido olamide wizkid etc go dey
we go dey turn up for there

keep your heaven
To HELL with you bro, since that is what you wish for, so shall it be[color=#550000][/color]

1 Like

Re: Why Many Christians May Burn In Hell by BluntBoy(m): 2:36pm On Jul 23, 2017
siloXIX:
I have had this discussion with my friend who was also reading the bible.

OP, don't get this wrong.. Jesus said that because of what he saw; that some of the scribes or Pharisees where using the names " teacher" and "father" to their personal gain.

Besides, Jesus is not on the Earth presently so chill.

He said that because of the Pharisees and it stays binding. He asked us not to be like the Pharisees. Not necessarily because of the Pharisees. It means we must never be like these people.

Or how do you understand the statement? Do you understand it to mean that Jesus was asking us to not do like the Pharisees until the Age we are in where people have resumed calling fellow Christians like them Daddy?
Re: Why Many Christians May Burn In Hell by oodua1stson: 2:37pm On Jul 23, 2017
There's no hell.

Get over yourself
Re: Why Many Christians May Burn In Hell by Revolva(m): 2:40pm On Jul 23, 2017
is there anyplace like HELL or heaven ask ur self
Re: Why Many Christians May Burn In Hell by emmayayodeji(m): 2:40pm On Jul 23, 2017
KinzyeWriter:
To HELL with you bro, since that is what you wish for, so shall it be[color=#550000][/color]

yes ohh since everybody that isnt a christian is going to hell grin grin grin

whats the diff??

awon diddinrin ... lol

you sef think. other people serving the other 4000+ gods will go to hell to abi

lol e-diots
Re: Why Many Christians May Burn In Hell by BluntBoy(m): 2:41pm On Jul 23, 2017
bestspoke:
The question is, in what contexts were these part of the scriptures written. Remember the original write up was not even written in English. And they were addressed to certain people for various reasons unclear to anyone.

No one is righteous. Let's not complicate Christianity, No one knows the rule book of heaven except Christ who summed up the 10commandments into the Love of God and Love of your neighbor. The current league of Christians all believe they understand the scripture than even the writers of the word. I don't believe calling my biological father or referring to my father in faith is what will lead me to hell in as much as I am not replacing him with God. No shaking.

Pray for Mercy and Grace always, No one on this earth is pure for heaven.

Peace.

Calling your pastor your spiritual father means you are placing him over Jesus.

"And call no man your father on earth, for you have one father, who is in heaven."

The above quote from Matt 23:9 gives you no choice. "Dont"!
Re: Why Many Christians May Burn In Hell by bestspoke: 2:58pm On Jul 23, 2017
BluntBoy:

"And call no man your father on earth(even your biological father on earth), for you have one father, who is in heaven."

Happy Sunday bro.

Peace be with you.

2 Likes

Re: Why Many Christians May Burn In Hell by Wolexdey(m): 3:00pm On Jul 23, 2017
yanabasee:
Christianity lost it all when the supposed men of God began to see themselves as God itself...

They walk around with pride written all over them... They brainwash people by manipulating the Scripture to fit into their personal belief... They preach more on offerings and tithes which is more benefiting to them..than preaching repentance and true love and other topics that would define what christianity is all about...

Same reasons most people claim to be atheist... because they've tried christianity and they didn't find it worth it...

Nobody wants to go to church and listen to a pastor preach about who's supposed to win election and who's not supposed to... Lots of pastors have now diverted into political discussion even during sermons...

God please forgive me if this my post will make many half-christian lose their believe/faith in you!

How many are they cos you sure sound like all of them.
Re: Why Many Christians May Burn In Hell by Wolexdey(m): 3:03pm On Jul 23, 2017
wedeonline:

Nice points, very valid but I beg to disagree about the notion that these will make Christians burn in hell.. For me I think believing Jesus was sent to die for our sins saves us already (John 3:16).. Rather i feel the effect of the aforementioned on Christians is that, it makes them not live the lives God has called us to live. Makes them ignorant of the powers they possess and the direct relationship we have with God. So an average Christian believes that his pastors prayer works better, so will hardly see the power of God in his health, finances and all.. I feel like a lot of Christians will appear before the pearly gates and at that point they will realise they could have been more on earth except for the fact that they didnt know God for themselves. They left the responsibility of knowing God for their pastors, because it was only through what he told them they understood God. Not knowing God has too many sides and wants to meet with us individually... Judgement day wont be based on denominations but individual..

Well said... Remain Bless
Re: Why Many Christians May Burn In Hell by park4: 3:06pm On Jul 23, 2017
kudos to yesterday subscribers
call or Whatsapp to subscribe for your fixed match

Re: Why Many Christians May Burn In Hell by Rapture4real(m): 3:07pm On Jul 23, 2017
Don't cause confusion here.Are you saying someone will go to hell for calling their leaders pastors.The emphasis of that text is not to deify man of God.The Bible says he gave some pastors,apostles,prophets etc Eph.4:11.So if he gave them the names,why would God send born again Christians to hell for calling their leaders pastors.Strange spirit is revealing things to people these days to distract their attentions from the main things Christlike life.

1 Like

Re: Why Many Christians May Burn In Hell by Hyper80(m): 3:10pm On Jul 23, 2017
This OP just escaped from ARO
Re: Why Many Christians May Burn In Hell by Fadman4real(m): 3:37pm On Jul 23, 2017
internationalman:
I just dey look everybody for dis part of d world dey laugh. If God is to judge us according to his laid down principles, no one.. I repeat no one would make heaven. For heaven not to b empty I believe he's going to consider and upgrade our results like JAMB.

Have you forgotten that in the first world during Noah's time God destroyed the whole world saving 6 people Noah and his family. If you think God would change his laws or upgrade results because majority have failed. Think again.
Re: Why Many Christians May Burn In Hell by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jul 23, 2017
internationalman:
I just dey look everybody for dis part of d world dey laugh. If God is to judge us according to his laid down principles, no one.. I repeat no one would make heaven. For heaven not to b empty I believe he's going to consider and upgrade our results like JAMB.

Re: Why Many Christians May Burn In Hell by BluntBoy(m): 3:44pm On Jul 23, 2017
bestspoke:
Happy Sunday bro.
Peace be with you.
Thank you, my brother. And with you too.
Re: Why Many Christians May Burn In Hell by internationalman(m): 3:52pm On Jul 23, 2017
Fadman4real:

Have you forgotten that in the first world during Noah's time God destroyed the whole world saving 6 people Noah and his family. If you think God would change his laws or upgrade results because majority have failed. Think again.
Come on, don't u see d world we live in today; I doubt even as few as 6 people would make heaven. Unless of course for those that might be quick enough to ask for forgiveness just right b4 d trumpet sounds.
Re: Why Many Christians May Burn In Hell by BLoomfrancs(m): 3:55pm On Jul 23, 2017
labanji:
More Reasons[i][/i];
No 1: Worshipping pastors that get their spiritual powers from Idols
No 2: Giving the yahoo pastors huge some of money and neglecting the poor and ophanages
No 3: Not practising what you preach
No 4: Believing you can't enter heaven without Jesus
No 5: Having sex while shouting Jesus
No 6: Wearing cross with a hot mini skirt
No 7: Bowing for Jesus Stature
No 8: Opening churches and believing shouting Jesus everywhere to brainwash people would increase price of garri in the market
Add Yours

Guy, your saying that having sex and shouting Jesus is a sin is very foolish.
Why were males given rods and why were females given holes.

The males shd cut off their rods and females shd fill their holes with cement, then!
People and their stupid reasoning. mtchew
G—e—t

Re: Why Many Christians May Burn In Hell by Fadman4real(m): 4:02pm On Jul 23, 2017
internationalman:

Come on, don't u see d world we live in today; I doubt even as few as 6 people would make heaven. Unless of course for those that might be quick enough to ask for forgiveness just right b4 d trumpet sounds.

Do you remember when Elijah told God that he was the only one remaining among the children of God that is yet to bow down for baal. God told him that he has kept over 500 people who are yet to worship Baal. There are lots of Christians living a holy and righteous life that would make heaven when Christ comes.

Let us stop looking for excuses and try to be perfect.
Re: Why Many Christians May Burn In Hell by internationalman(m): 4:10pm On Jul 23, 2017
Fadman4real:

Do you remember when Elijah told God that he was the only one remaining among the children of God that is yet to bow down for baal. God told him that he has kept over 500 people who are yet to worship Baal. There are lots of Christians living a holy and righteous life that would make heaven when Christ comes.

Let us stop looking for excuses and try to be perfect.
I was given ur comment some thoughts until u said we should try to b perfect.
Re: Why Many Christians May Burn In Hell by FRANKOSKI(m): 4:24pm On Jul 23, 2017
HOW ABOUT ENVY AND JEALOUSY? ESPECIALLY WHEN A MEMBER WEAR NEW DRESS?
Re: Why Many Christians May Burn In Hell by Fadman4real(m): 4:26pm On Jul 23, 2017
internationalman:

I was given ur comment some thoughts until u said we should try to b perfect.

What I meant by striving to be perfect is to try to emulate Christ and the only way we can do that is by reading the bible

Matthew 5:48 "strive to be perfect as your heavenly father is perfect." If we strive to be perfect God would give us the grace to be perfect.
Re: Why Many Christians May Burn In Hell by dipznano: 4:34pm On Jul 23, 2017
Walexey:
OK sir explain Ephesians 4:11

Hmmm... I tire sef...

1 Like

Re: Why Many Christians May Burn In Hell by akaahs(m): 4:40pm On Jul 23, 2017
See how people just read d bible literally as if God na man, d fact that u call ur pastor dady, father, GO does nt mean u put them above God

1 Like

Re: Why Many Christians May Burn In Hell by grandstar(m): 4:42pm On Jul 23, 2017
Millz404:
Nobody is burning anywhere, death is the opposite of life. Thesame state you were before you were born. Don't let me wipe you slap with this your story.

I support your statement that death is the opposite of life (Genesis 3:19, Romans 6:23, 2 Thessalonians 1:8-10).

However I frown at you saying you'll wipe him slap ( Collosians 4:6)

Thanks for your contribution. The true God will be pleased!
Re: Why Many Christians May Burn In Hell by Tigris007: 5:04pm On Jul 23, 2017
BluntBoy:
My brothers and sisters. Happy Sunday. I have a message for you from our Lord Jesus Christ. I got this message yesterday while reading my Bible during one of my quiet time. Many of you will not like this, but it has to be said. "Narrow is the way... " says our Lord.

You will go to hell because:

You Place Some of Your Brethren Over You and Call them Teachers or Pastors

This goes against the teaching of our Lord Jesus Christ who, in Matt 23:8, says "For you have one teacher, and you are all brethren."

Our Lord also says in John 10:16: "So there shall be one flock, one shepherd."

You call Some of Your Brethren Daddy and Father

It's unbiblical to call any of your brethren father in the spiritual sense. We only have different earthly fathers; spiritually, we only have one father. In Matt 23:9, Jesus says: "And call no man your father on earth, for you have one father, who is in heaven."

And to Those Pastors Who Call Themselves or Allow Fellow Brethren to Call Them Leaders

Jesus says in Matt 23:10: "Neither be called leaders, for you have one leader, the Christ."

Believing That "Men of God" Are The Only Ones That Have Anointing

Many Christians are lazy. They defend some of their brethren whom they have ignorantly put over themselves.

In 1 John 2:26-27, Jesus makes us realize that we are all anointed and can have the Holy Spirit teach us anything we don't understand. This is Jesus's exact words in John 2:

26 These things I have written to you concerning those who try to deceive you.

27 But the anointing which you have received from Him abides in you, and you do not need that anyone teach you; but as the same anointing teaches you concerning all things, and is true, and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you will abide in Him.

All the above points are contained in the greatest failings of Christians today. They are like people who were given talents but gave all to their brethren whom they have elevated over themselves. Jesus did not establish this form of Christianity we have today. It's unbiblical and will lead you to hell. You are not going to be spared for being ignorant because you have the Bible and no one has an excuse not to study it. I repeat, everything our Lord criticized the Pharisees for are what your brethren whom you have made bosses over you are doing. Jesus rebuked Peter for asking a question about who would be first in the body of Christ. The commission given to us is not sit down in a mighty building and listen to a "man of God" and then give offerings and tithes. The commission is to go and preach the gospel or the Good News. It is a commission to everyone. Jesus is no longer physically with us but he has left the Holy Spirit to guide us through. On the last day, the Lord will ask you how you went about your commission.

In Matt 6:5-6, Our Lord says: “And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

God bless you all. Happy Sunday once again.

1 Like

Re: Why Many Christians May Burn In Hell by frank043(m): 5:29pm On Jul 23, 2017
Khutie:
Happy Sunday to yhu too. True words are hard to digest unlike digestive biscuit. Yhu just hit the nail right on the head

flyca
Re: Why Many Christians May Burn In Hell by BluntBoy(m): 6:07pm On Jul 23, 2017
Rapture4real:
Don't cause confusion here.Are you saying someone will go to hell for calling their leaders pastors.The emphasis of that text is not to deify man of God.The Bible says he gave some pastors,apostles,prophets etc Eph.4:11. So if he gave them the names,why would God send born again Christians to hell for calling their leaders pastors.Strange spirit is revealing things to people these days to distract their attentions from the main things Christlike life.

That was what Paul wrote. I will rather follow Jesus.
Re: Why Many Christians May Burn In Hell by imagrg(m): 6:25pm On Jul 23, 2017
We may not be in God's Kingdom because we have learnt to accept all that is evil as our way of life!
When we have corruptly enriched ourselves, we say, we have made it!
When we defraud and rob people of their money, we call it yahoo!
Blood money is everywhere!
Kidnapping, killing, rituals, all for money's sake. Those who make money through these evil acts, we worship as our mentors!
Pastors are now playing the gods. They rob the church to enrich themselves and commit all sorts of atrocities, yet, we adore them!
This is indeed a doomed generation!
Exam malpractices, prostitution, fraud, hypocrisy, all part of our generation.
God is watching us!
Re: Why Many Christians May Burn In Hell by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jul 23, 2017
Honestly I don't think they look up to their pastors as their Gods but they do have respect for them hence calling them father and all.

These men you speak of are leaders who answered the call of faith and instead of condemning them you should learn from them and how they started.

True Christianity is about bringing people together to worship God in honesty and truth and I think what they do is phenomenal
Re: Why Many Christians May Burn In Hell by plutohunter: 7:08pm On Jul 23, 2017
BluntBoy:
My brothers and sisters. Happy Sunday. I have a message for you from our Lord Jesus Christ. I got this message yesterday while reading my Bible during one of my quiet time. Many of you will not like this, but it has to be said. "Narrow is the way... " says our Lord.

You will go to hell because:

You Place Some of Your Brethren Over You and Call them Teachers or Pastors

This goes against the teaching of our Lord Jesus Christ who, in Matt 23:8, says "For you have one teacher, and you are all brethren."

Our Lord also says in John 10:16: "So there shall be one flock, one shepherd."

You call Some of Your Brethren Daddy and Father

All I can see in your post is ignorance
If only you can take more time to think you'll see that according to your own way of interpreting scriptures, only Jesus will make heaven, no other man will.
I wonder where you people even get all this hell hell hell stuffs from in the bible. Always read verses in context
Re: Why Many Christians May Burn In Hell by plutohunter: 7:13pm On Jul 23, 2017
BluntBoy:

"And call no man your father on earth, for you have one father, who is in heaven."

So, a boy who calls his dad father is also placing him over Jesus according yo your line of reasoning #think

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

An Exposition On My Astral Projections In Response To Seun's Colloquialism / “We Should Spend Less On Ourselves And More On Others” –T.B Joshua Tells Pastors / Tattoos, Sex: Pope Francis’ Message To Youths Proves He Is The Coolest Pontiff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.