Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,229 members, 7,829,394 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:02 AM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 - Travel (154) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 (698545 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by donkafor(m): 10:41am On Dec 13, 2017
Nothing stops you from applying to Master of Science in Power Engineering at TUM. It's a very nice program and people are doing it. Besides, you have the power experience.
Make sure you get your reference letters from professors and compose a nice statement of purpose.

Remember to apply to other schools and/or other courses at TUM as Plan B, Plan C et al.

Don't let the fear of rejection or competition make you not to try.

I wish you good luck. grin
dejol88:

My sincere apologies , I might have misconstrue you . However ,if you can advise on other schools I can apply to with higher chance of been admitted ,pls let me know .I want to pursue Msc in power engineering ,thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Blackanada(m): 12:25pm On Dec 13, 2017
dejol88:
My sincere apologies , I might have misconstrue you . However ,if you can advise on other schools I can apply to with higher chance of been admitted ,pls let me know .I want to pursue Msc in power engineering ,thanks

I haven't specifically researched on Power Engineering but there are a lot if programs related to electrical engineering.

Follow this link and go through the various programs. You can also filter it further as you deem fit.

https://www.daad.de/deutschland/studienangebote/international-programmes/en/?p=l&q=&degree[]=2&fos=4&subject[]=710&lang[]=2&fee[]=0&sortBy=1&page=1&display=list

Depending on your acquired expertise you may also consider related programs. For example I have a BSc in Telecommunications but I'm going for a higher degree in Computer Science.

Please apply for as many relevant programs as possible.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Blackanada(m): 12:30pm On Dec 13, 2017
donkafor:
Nothing stops you from applying to Master of Science in Power Engineering at TUM.

Remember to apply to other schools and/or other courses at TUM as Plan B, Plan C et al.

Don't let the fear of rejection or competition make you not to try.

@bolded is the point I was passing to him. Not that he shouldn't apply but he shouldn't be fixated on TUM. Cast his net as wide as reasonably possible.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Fantastic2m(m): 2:17pm On Dec 13, 2017
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by gabi101(m): 2:21pm On Dec 13, 2017
CassieV:

Hi,
You school in Trier, right?

hey
yeah but not exactly in Trier city...why, you wanna send me some xmas goodies cool??
then i could give you the full address?? grin

#CHEERS!!! smiley

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by CassieV(f): 2:38pm On Dec 13, 2017
gabi101:

hey
yeah but not exactly in Trier city...why, you wanna send me some xmas goodies cool??

#CHEERS!!! smiley
Lol not really..
I was hoping you could tell me more about the place, I plan to apply for MSc Survey Statistics in Trier University next year.
From what I've read online, it is a small town and kinda expensive because of its closeness to Luxembourg.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Fantastic2m(m): 2:45pm On Dec 13, 2017
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by GraceofGodfollo: 2:54pm On Dec 13, 2017
when the V.O ask for passport and i20 is it advicable to pass it with other things like admission letter, toefl,Gre
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by chi555: 3:28pm On Dec 13, 2017
Good day guys. Please a quick question, does uniassist process admission without hard copy of the documents because I submitted the the online soft copies and then paid the processing fee but I am yet to send my hard copies. Kindly assist in answering. Thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by donkafor(m): 4:19pm On Dec 13, 2017
I can't reply to pm.

cc: Danny4show

Fantastic2m:
@donkafor can I pm u pls.?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Itorobaby: 4:30pm On Dec 13, 2017
Hello, pls is it late to apply for admission for march in take?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Blackanada(m): 5:05pm On Dec 13, 2017
chi555:
Good day guys. Please a quick question, does uniassist process admission without hard copy of the documents because I submitted the the online soft copies and then paid the processing fee but I am yet to send my hard copies. Kindly assist in answering. Thanks

No, you must send certified copies of your relevant certificate.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by ibnkokumo(m): 5:32pm On Dec 13, 2017
Elders, help me chuck eye inside this matter

warte mal, for we studienkolleg (Preparatory college) goers, in our letter of motivation, should we talk about the course in the admission letter? it has just been made clear to me that after passing my studienkolleg final exams, I still have to re-apply with the result from studienkolleg.

No 1, it's not my desired course that I applied for, I applied just for the purpose of taking the exams, so I can do Humanities related course afterwards, like Journalism/Media Studies/International Relations, writing a letter of motivation for the English Philology has been very difficult, cos I don't know what to write, it's not part of the plan sad sad

Message I got from my uni after sending an inquiry:

Dear Mr. Kokumo,

This is a misunderstanding. You don´t have an admission – you have an invitation for the entrance examination for Studienkolleg. Within this process you don´t need to choose two subjects as you first have to attend to Studienkolleg and to pass the Feststellungsprüfung.

Afterwards, you need to apply again at the University - for studying at the University. Only at this point, you need to choose two subjects if you apply for a Bachelor 2-subjects.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by almeida3: 5:40pm On Dec 13, 2017
Itorobaby:
Hello, pls is it late to apply for admission for march in take?

No. It's not late to apply for the summer intake. Some schools have deadlines up till 31st January.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Nobody: 5:42pm On Dec 13, 2017
ibnkokumo:
Elders, help me chuck eye inside this matter

warte mal, for we studienkolleg (Preparatory college) goers, in our letter of motivation, should we talk about the course in the admission letter? it has just been made clear to me that after passing my studienkolleg final exams, I still have to re-apply with the result from studienkolleg.

No 1, it's not my desired course that I applied for, I applied just for the purpose of taking the exams, so I can do Humanities related course afterwards, like Journalism/Media Studies/International Relations, writing a letter of motivation for the English Philology has been very difficult, cos I don't know what to write, it's not part of the plan sad sad

Message I got from my uni after sending an inquiry:

Dear Mr. Kokumo,

This is a misunderstanding. You don´t have an admission – you have an invitation for the entrance examination for Studienkolleg. Within this process you don´t need to choose two subjects as you first have to attend to Studienkolleg and to pass the Feststellungsprüfung.

Afterwards, you need to apply again at the University - for studying at the University. Only at this point, you need to choose two subjects if you apply for a Bachelor 2-subjects.

Yes, talk about the course in your motivation letter
Some Studienkollegs give automatic admission once you are done with the studienkolleg
An admission Letter to studienkolleg is not synonymous with an admission letter to university

A friend of mine wrote his Letter of motivation in German. Just talk about the course. Google is there to help you smiley

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by ricy20(f): 5:48pm On Dec 13, 2017
Please how is studying in Germany like
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by atiteb4: 6:14pm On Dec 13, 2017
gabi101:

hey

#CHEERS!!! smiley
kindly check your mail bro. I messaged u atitebiridwan@gmail.com
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by dayjeee(m): 7:21pm On Dec 13, 2017
Knaruto:
Boss good evening..planning to apply there too..plz can you give me contact details...like whatsapp contact so that we can articulate.....waiting patiently for ya reply boss
what course are u applying for?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by ibnkokumo(m): 8:22pm On Dec 13, 2017
Thanks, I'll mail you.
Jigba:

Yes, talk about the course in your motivation letter
Some Studienkollegs give automatic admission once you are done with the studienkolleg
An admission Letter to studienkolleg is not synonymous with an admission letter to university

A friend of mine wrote his Letter of motivation in German. Just talk about the course. Google is there to help you smiley

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by gabi101(m): 9:05pm On Dec 13, 2017
CassieV:

Lol not really..
I was hoping you could tell me more about the place, I plan to apply for MSc Survey Statistics in Trier University next year.
From what I've read online, it is a small town and kinda expensive because of its closeness to Luxembourg.

ya genau its a small town... am not too sure about the cost of living there but my friends staying there are doing very well

you can pm me. lets talk about it

#CHEERS!!! smiley

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by gabi101(m): 9:06pm On Dec 13, 2017
atiteb4:
kindly check your mail bro. I messaged u atitebiridwan@gmail.com

YES SIR! smiley
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Chichaope: 11:05pm On Dec 13, 2017
Pls can one apply for German masters with a Nigerian cgpa of 2.97?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Omosikiru1992: 12:01am On Dec 14, 2017
Good evening house what is d validity of International passport suppose to be b4 applying for students visa..... My international passport would expired by feb 2019, which i would be tru with my program by April 2020, Although have already gotten admitted in one of the schools in Berlin but due to some reasons d admission is still onhold, but am looking towards acceptance hopefully b4 dis week runs out or next week into university of freiburg dis summer class

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Knaruto(m): 12:46am On Dec 14, 2017
dayjeee:
what course are u applying for?
International Relations or Public Policy...have not decided which exactly because am applying to other schools too...especially the GIDS- Graduate Institute for International and Development Studies at Geneva...but Hertie is top class just like GIDS so will be applying there too
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by Perky89(m): 6:51am On Dec 14, 2017
Omosikiru1992:
Good evening house what is d validity of International passport suppose to be b4 applying for students visa..... My international passport would expired by feb 2019, which i would be tru with my program by April 2020, Although have already gotten admitted in one of the schools in Berlin but due to some reasons d admission is still onhold, but am looking towards acceptance hopefully b4 dis week runs out or next week into university of freiburg dis summer class

I have exactl same issue cheesy, Please guys who knows what should be done? I intend extending mine before traveling to be on a safe / less expensive side, and I know it would cost more to extend over there.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by chrisb2r200: 6:54am On Dec 14, 2017
Chichaope:
Make una help answer this question na ...anyway, bro have you written toefl?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by almeida3: 7:40am On Dec 14, 2017
Chichaope:

Your Nigerian CGPA is approximately 2.5 on the German scale and yes, you can apply to a masters program in Germany.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 by dailydolar(m): 8:05am On Dec 14, 2017
Perky89:

I have exactl same issue cheesy, Please guys who knows what should be done? I intend extending mine before traveling to be on a safe / less expensive side, and I know it would cost more to extend over there.
it good to go at least you have more than one yr self but if you want to renew no wahala but if you can you are still good to go

(1) (2) (3) ... (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) ... (514)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.