Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,062 members, 7,818,180 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:34 AM

Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 - Business (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 (116327 Views)

Business Competition / YouWiN Beneficiaries Protest Unpaid Grants @Finance Ministry (Pics) / Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (45) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by ayusco85(m): 4:43pm On Mar 13, 2018
oceanwhale4u:
In my opinion as a facilitator in the youwin connect 2017, the YouWiN Connect is deliberately not saying much about the funding aspect of the YouWiN! Connect. It is so that they can attract more Nigerians who are sincerely interested in starting or growing their businesses. this is because any such persons would also be interested in every aspect of their business and not just funding. It is also an attempt to disabuse the minds of an average Nigerian SME that funding is not the most important factor in business growth. Capacity development, which is more of what YouWiN! Connect is doing through most of its programme, is even more important than funding.
Having said these, I want to assure you that YouWiN Connect has funding SMEs as part of its core objectives. However this time, they have not called it ‘Grant’ but ‘Series Fund’.
This is how YouWiN Connect defines its Series Fund;
Source: www.youwinconnect.org.ng . it is an annual venture capital fund set up by the federal ministry of finance which will offer equity investment to early stage SMEs and starts up through qualified top fund managers. The federal ministry of finance may as well be the fund managers herself. Or can assign these responsibilities to independent fund mangers. There are both banking and non banking fund managers( banking fininacial managers includes Stanbic IBTC asset management limited,FBN capital limited,UBA asset management limited, "investment one "founded by Guaranty trust bank ,zenith capital limited and sterling asset management limited other non bank financial managers includes: Asset and resources management limited (ARSM) and chapel denham groups) so as to grow and develop the young start ups and early SMEs businesses under a co investment model.
What this implies is that the fund coming from YouWiN Connect this time is neither a grant nor a loan, but an equity investment. This is a modern international standard unique form of business financing that makes the fund provider an investor/shareholder in the business they are financing/funding.
Let me help you understand these terminologies and their implications properly as regards business financing.

The Fmf youwin connect Equity financing or co investment model of a series funding. This is a kind of business funding where a group of investors called venture capitalists groups provide funds to businesses in exchange for a specified share in your business for a specified period of time or until they decide to quit. It is just like you have a rich uncle who has been doing business over the years, and you have a business idea or a growing business that requires funds to grow. You approach your uncle to give you money to inject into your business, and he says fine, I will do that, but you will allow co-own the business with you. It is a win-win, you get the money you need and he becomes a shareholder in your business.
Venture capitalists or equity investors usually become involved in the key decision-making process of your business (not the day-to-day running of the business) as board members usually through their appointed fund managers. This is probably the best form of business financing for any truly sincere entrepreneur, because you have nothing to lose, except a 100% control of your business. Venture capital investors are usually very experienced in business and so coming into your business, they would bring their expertise and experiences and help your business to grow more than you would have done alone. Again, in the case that your business did not pick up as you both envisaged, or in the worst case scenario fail, they simply walk away and you would owe them nothing. The only bad side is that you lose some control over your business

I won't believe anything for now. But even if it's what u just described, it's still a win win
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by Starke(m): 4:49pm On Mar 13, 2018
ayusco85:

I won't believe anything for now. But even if it's what u just described, it's still a win win
Ayusco don't forget to connect, we'v got same venue, same date...
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by ayusco85(m): 5:04pm On Mar 13, 2018
Starke:

Ayusco don't forget to connect, we'v got same venue, same date...

Yours is also 21st to 23rd? That's cool. We will connect thr for sure.
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by Tickles001(m): 7:27pm On Mar 13, 2018
PLEASE WHO IS AT AWKA FOR 14th - 16th
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by glyobed: 8:04pm On Mar 13, 2018
Please who is at Ikeja ooh let's connect. 21-23 March Ikeja Alausa Lagos
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by ENOCHEUNICE: 8:45pm On Mar 13, 2018
glyobed:
Please who is at Ikeja ooh let's connect. 21-23 March Ikeja Alausa Lagos
See most recent posts.Ayusco85 and Starke
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by pals4fero: 11:36pm On Mar 13, 2018
Tickles001:
PLEASE WHO IS AT AWKA FOR 14th - 16th

Me. But I got a mail from YouWin this evening (9:30pm) that the date is now 15-17th. Don Ritz Hotel ryt?
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by bilal4riid(m): 11:45pm On Mar 13, 2018
LoveThemChubby:
same
Let's connect.
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by Tickles001(m): 7:06am On Mar 14, 2018
pals4fero:

Me. But I got a mail from YouWin this evening (9:30pm) that the date is now 15-17th. Don Ritz Hotel ryt?
Yeah. I got same mail.
This shift of date didn't go well with me o
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by omotola123: 9:59am On Mar 14, 2018
They said no money and that we will have to enter another competition again before we can have access to equity investment.
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by omotola123: 10:15am On Mar 14, 2018
We will have to pass through another competition that will be opened to the general public... before maybe get the equity investment
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by ENOCHEUNICE: 10:45am On Mar 14, 2018
omotola123:
We will have to pass through another competition that will be opened to the general public... before maybe get the equity investment
Which general public again or within the selected 5000?
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by ENOCHEUNICE: 10:46am On Mar 14, 2018
omotola123:
They said no money and that we will have to enter another competition again before we can have access to equity investment.
Is today ur last training day?
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by ENOCHEUNICE: 10:47am On Mar 14, 2018
did u mean that there is no biz plan submission again?
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by omotola123: 10:52am On Mar 14, 2018
ENOCHEUNICE:
Is today ur last training day?

with the general public, then u will start stages of hustle again. today is the last day. basically all dey will give you is food and long lectures, then tell u on the 3rd day that there is no money. but very soon they will start general application for you to be linked with investors that will listen to your business idea, that is if u are shortlisted niyen oo, then d investor will decide whether to back you financially or not. we are all boiling here right now,...
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by omotola123: 10:54am On Mar 14, 2018
ENOCHEUNICE:
did u mean that there is no biz plan submission again?
No money, no business plan. when they start the next stage of the competition then they will ask u for business plan .
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by ENOCHEUNICE: 10:55am On Mar 14, 2018
omotola123:

with the general public, then u will start stages of hustle again. today is the last day. basically all dey will give you is food and long lectures, then tell u on the 3rd day that there is no money. but very soon they will start general application for you to be linked with investors that will listen to your business idea, that is if u are shortlisted niyen oo, then d investor will decide whether to back you financially or not. we are all boiling here right now,...
How are dey going to shortlist?Any other assessment or what?Besides,where is ur location?
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by ENOCHEUNICE: 10:59am On Mar 14, 2018
omotola123:
No money, no business plan. when they start the next stage of the competition then they will ask u for business plan .
How? Is d competition for the d selected 5000 or for all and sundry again?
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by Nobody: 11:10am On Mar 14, 2018
ENOCHEUNICE:
How? Is d competition for the d selected 5000 or for all and sundry again?

Her submissions are clear. After the training, there'll be competition amongst the selected 5000. They will still drop some people. The competition is for the selected 5000 who will partake and are already partaking in the in-class training/lecture.

No grant. No free money. The selected people out of the 5000 will submit biz plan. The investors will decide whether to invest in your biz or not. If they invest, they become a major share holder in your biz.
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by ENOCHEUNICE: 11:15am On Mar 14, 2018
pp802:

Her submissions are clear. After the training, there'll be competition amongst the selected 5000. They will still drop some people. The competition is for the selected 5000 who will partake and are already partaking in the in-class training/lecture.

No grant. No free money. The selected people out of the 5000 will submit biz plan. The investors will decide whether to invest in your biz or not. If they invest, they become a major share holder in your biz.
I asked cos she mentioned general public
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by Nobody: 11:21am On Mar 14, 2018
ENOCHEUNICE:
I asked cos she mentioned general public

OK, No prob. I hope this program will not be a waste of time, energy and resources.

What if you scale through this next competition after scaling through the online competition, you submit your biz plan and they decide not to fund it. undecided
Does it mean one has been wasting his/her time or what? This government is a joke
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by omotola123: 11:21am On Mar 14, 2018
pp802:

NO, THE NEXT COMPETITION WILL BE WITH THE 5000 SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES AND THE GENERAL PUBLIC... THE GENERAL PUBLIC AND THEN THEY WILL SHORTLIST AGAIN FROM THE 5000 AND THE GENERAL PUBLIC.
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by Nobody: 11:24am On Mar 14, 2018
omotola123:

NO, THE NEXT COMPETITION WILL BE WITH THE 5000 SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES AND THE GENERAL PUBLIC... THE GENERAL PUBLIC AND THEN THEY WILL SHORTLIST AGAIN FROM THE 5000 AND THE GENERAL PUBLIC.

This is crazy! undecided

We need more people who have attended the training to clarify this
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by ayusco85(m): 11:34am On Mar 14, 2018
I guess what I said was true. People were bashing me. I knew this was not business as usual. You win connect is diff from you win of good luck Jonathan. The connect only in the you win phrase says it all. I hope Ur eyes ve clear now
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by ENOCHEUNICE: 12:01pm On Mar 14, 2018
leonprince:
The agenda shows 8am-5:30pm but we didn't use all the time, we were able to close some minutes pass 4. This was because the kitchen wasn't coordinated well and so we had to combine 2 lectures after breakfast. Sorry for the slow response network in Yola is poor.
Wealso need update from u too.Thanks
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by glyobed: 1:42pm On Mar 14, 2018
Me I have not yet believed it at all. I think they don't want to tell us the whole truth now because if they do so every body will come for the Master class training. They are just trying to look for a way to reduce the #5000 person because the moment they said no free money, no grant those uninterested one will give up and the number will be reduce across

If it happen to be no grant which i,m not praying to be so at the end of the whole process and new applications comes up then the world will hear our voice but for now let's just watch and see what happen.
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by prudentprof: 1:48pm On Mar 14, 2018
Youwin rep has finally spoken.It's not grant but loan. cry
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by prudentprof: 1:54pm On Mar 14, 2018
And your biz plan must undergo strict scrutiny before you are considered.
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by EkpoTony(m): 2:02pm On Mar 14, 2018
prudentprof:
And your biz plan must undergo strict scrutiny before you are considered.
No wahala. but they should make it fast.
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by EkpoTony(m): 2:06pm On Mar 14, 2018
Chai. all this wahala then nothing!! chai.. its very sad. many great ideas here. But obviously they cant pick everybody.
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by glyobed: 2:12pm On Mar 14, 2018
My people you see this people they think they are wise, even if it's loan which I strongly believed it's not no problem but the thing there is that they should give it to us, even if it will take 3-5yrs to pay back no problem.

I was just thinking about the time and data I spend for my online training few hours ago before this recent message
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by ENOCHEUNICE: 2:19pm On Mar 14, 2018
EkpoTony:
Chai. all this wahala then nothing!! chai.. its very sad. many great ideas here. But obviously they cant pick everybody.
You obviously read my mind.I wanted to say this but never want to be crucified.what sense does it make to combine the general public and the 5000 selected to run the same race?Habba

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (45) (Reply)

I Want To Go Into Keke Napep Business, Please I Need Some Guidelines / Pant Of Lady Hawking Plantain In Leggings In Lagos Shows, Nigerians React / Another American Mistress Exposes Dangote’s Buttocks In Viral Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.