Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 - Business (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 (116297 Views)

Business Competition / YouWiN Beneficiaries Protest Unpaid Grants @Finance Ministry (Pics) / Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (45) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by ayusco85(m): 2:27pm On Mar 14, 2018
When I was telling people to lower expectations but they tot I was a messenger of bad news, now it is beginning to be clear to everyone that thr is no free money. You win died with Goodluck Jonathan. Buhari is a wicked man.
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by ENOCHEUNICE: 2:49pm On Mar 14, 2018
Now we have two diff stories;first it is equity investment and second it is a loan.Which one do we now believe as the two stories were told by diff facilitators from diff centers.My concern is we should do our part and hope for the best.May God see us through.Amen.
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by Embaszy(m): 3:01pm On Mar 14, 2018
My opinion about this scenario is simple
In the first instance, we have different dates for training. Hence, the truth is not likely to be told earlier. Come to think of it, in the last mail, we were asked to come with government issued identity card which is meant for authentication. The info been released to the first set of participants might be to discourage others that are not genuine.
Secondly, the aim of this programme is to support entrepreneurs in order to increase private investment and create employment. If government now fail to support us at this junction it means economic developmental problem that was initially planned ti tackle will not be achieved.
Let wait and see till the end of the master class training.
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by jayned: 3:44pm On Mar 14, 2018
oceanwhale4u:
In my opinion as a facilitator in the youwin connect 2017, the YouWiN Connect is deliberately not saying much about the funding aspect of the YouWiN! Connect. It is so that they can attract more Nigerians who are sincerely interested in starting or growing their businesses. this is because any such persons would also be interested in every aspect of their business and not just funding. It is also an attempt to disabuse the minds of an average Nigerian SME that funding is not the most important factor in business growth. Capacity development, which is more of what YouWiN! Connect is doing through most of its programme, is even more important than funding.
Having said these, I want to assure you that YouWiN Connect has funding SMEs as part of its core objectives. However this time, they have not called it ‘Grant’ but ‘Series Fund’.
This is how YouWiN Connect defines its Series Fund;
Source: www.youwinconnect.org.ng . it is an annual venture capital fund set up by the federal ministry of finance which will offer equity investment to early stage SMEs and starts up through qualified top fund managers. The federal ministry of finance may as well be the fund managers herself. Or can assign these responsibilities to independent fund mangers. There are both banking and non banking fund managers( banking fininacial managers includes Stanbic IBTC asset management limited,FBN capital limited,UBA asset management limited, "investment one "founded by Guaranty trust bank ,zenith capital limited and sterling asset management limited other non bank financial managers includes: Asset and resources management limited (ARSM) and chapel denham groups) so as to grow and develop the young start ups and early SMEs businesses under a co investment model.
What this implies is that the fund coming from YouWiN Connect this time is neither a grant nor a loan, but an equity investment. This is a modern international standard unique form of business financing that makes the fund provider an investor/shareholder in the business they are financing/funding.
Let me help you understand these terminologies and their implications properly as regards business financing.

The Fmf youwin connect Equity financing or co investment model of a series funding. This is a kind of business funding where a group of investors called venture capitalists groups provide funds to businesses in exchange for a specified share in your business for a specified period of time or until they decide to quit. It is just like you have a rich uncle who has been doing business over the years, and you have a business idea or a growing business that requires funds to grow. You approach your uncle to give you money to inject into your business, and he says fine, I will do that, but you will allow co-own the business with you. It is a win-win, you get the money you need and he becomes a shareholder in your business.
Venture capitalists or equity investors usually become involved in the key decision-making process of your business (not the day-to-day running of the business) as board members usually through their appointed fund managers. This is probably the best form of business financing for any truly sincere entrepreneur, because you have nothing to lose, except a 100% control of your business. Venture capital investors are usually very experienced in business and so coming into your business, they would bring their expertise and experiences and help your business to grow more than you would have done alone. Again, in the case that your business did not pick up as you both envisaged, or in the worst case scenario fail, they simply walk away and you would owe them nothing. The only bad side is that you lose some control over your business

In other words it is just like the 'dragon's den'! May God help us all.

1 Like

Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by leonprince: 3:45pm On Mar 14, 2018
The respresentive of the minister said nothing is clear now, only the minister decides and Things keep changing.They will open their portal for the submission of business plan soon.
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by ENOCHEUNICE: 3:46pm On Mar 14, 2018
That iis it,God bless u my bro.The end justifies the means
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by ENOCHEUNICE: 3:50pm On Mar 14, 2018
leonprince:
The respresentive of the minister said nothing is clear now, only the minister decides and Things keep changing.They will open their portal for the submission of business plan soon.
Another version of the matter which is still better than the previous ones and this one is from the representative of the You Win connect directly.
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by Lauris: 4:50pm On Mar 14, 2018
youwin connect, anyhow you do it, I will still be a beneficiary. this idea must be materialized ooh, whether is investors, loan, equity or free money I am ready for you people. That was how it got to my turn to gain admission, a post-UME exam was introduced after passing JAMB, but today I am a graduate. Now my turn to win this competition and get funded you people are introducing another pattern, anyway I am ready for whichever pattern. Bring it on!
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by kessling: 5:00pm On Mar 14, 2018
It's equity Funding. Check youwin series fund
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by belovedaja(m): 5:23pm On Mar 14, 2018
Lauris:
youwin connect, anyhow you do it, I will still be a beneficiary. this idea must be materialized ooh, whether is investors, loan, equity or free money I am ready for you people. That was how it got to my turn to gain admission, a post-UME exam was introduced after passing JAMB, but today I am a graduate. Now my turn to win this competition and get funded you people are introducing another pattern, anyway I am ready for whichever pattern. Bring it on!
I love the spirit behind this writing,
I am ready, I must win, I cannot be job less but rather I will create jobs.
I REPEAT, I MUST WIN

2 Likes

Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by ayusco85(m): 5:25pm On Mar 14, 2018
Well see you guys on, 21st March in Alausa Ikeja Lagos

2 Likes

Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by Embaszy(m): 6:26pm On Mar 14, 2018
In whichever way it comes I will surely make it to the top. That's where I belong no more joblessness and application writings but welcoming of applications from prospective employees as described on my personnel plan.
The rest of us that have not gotten to the Master Class let not be discouraged by so many presuppositions. God is our strength

3 Likes

Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by Embaszy(m): 6:29pm On Mar 14, 2018
I wrote six JAMB to make it down to my choice of university and course. Youwin connect is the least of my discouragement in the pursuit of life. My spirit will always be high no matter the hurdles to be crossed.

2 Likes

Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by Segzylomo4u: 6:40pm On Mar 14, 2018
Good evening Oga Osas. Our great facilitator for Oyo state training centre. I was the person that met you after today lecture at mauve centre ibadan. The training was really interactive. I look forward to meet with you again at d centre tomorrw.

Adeniji Segun
Project Consultant/ proposal writer
CMSEAL INT'L LTD
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by belovedaja(m): 7:04pm On Mar 14, 2018
Embaszy:
I wrote six JAMB to make it down to my choice of university and course. Youwin connect is the least of my discouragement in the pursuit of life. My spirit will always be high no matter the hurdles to be crossed.
I love this, I am unstoppable, I will create jobs, I will not be detered. Which ever way I am ready, prepared. I repeat, I MUST WIN. The most high is my strength.

1 Like

Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by Segzylomo4u: 7:14pm On Mar 14, 2018
jayned:

Haba. U must be really funny. Which one be dragon's den?

There are two things that came to my mind as per grant or loan. Fine some Nigerians are born with great ideas and intellectual propert but to implement is a problem such as lack of financeI while some Nigerians who got grants or finance without hardwork and intellectual ppty often miss use the money on trivial things and end up bankrupt. I am of the opinion that if youwin connect is to be impactful on our economy, then it must fulfill the following conditions

1) provide grant no matter how little as means of empwerment/ encouragement to young entrepreneurs or soft loan of 3-5% /annum for maximum of N10M for 5years repayment maximum of loan to only those who have successfully completed the Master class training and submitted bankable business plan of high turnover and short payback period

2) provide 1 year world class business support after full funding to the business in ensuring the funded business grow in all its aspects.

If you train people without the capital to enable the business owner implement or practice what he or she has acquired during the selection stage is LIKE U are asking A FARMER TO CULTIVATE AND HARVEST CROPS OR PRODUCE WITH BARE HAND / WITHOUT ANY TOOLS AND RESOURCES.

MAY GOD HELP OUR PRESIDENT BUHARI AND FMF ALONG YOUWIN CONNECT TO MAKE RIGHT DECISION THAT WILL FAVOUR THE MASSES.

IF I HAVE SPOKEN YOUR MIND SAY #YES#
ADENIJI SEGUN
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by belovedaja(m): 7:20pm On Mar 14, 2018
Yes
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by Segzylomo4u: 9:52pm On Mar 14, 2018
jayned:

Haba. U must be really funny. Which one be dragon's den?

There are two things that came to my mind as per grant or loan. Fine some Nigerians are born with great ideas and intellectual propert but to implement is a problem such as lack of financeI while some Nigerians who got grants or finance without hardwork and intellectual ppty often miss use the money on trivial things and end up bankrupt. I am of the opinion that if youwin connect is to be impactful on our economy, then it must fulfill the following conditions
1) provide grant no matter how little as means of empwerment/ encouragement to young entrepreneurs or soft loan of 3-5% /annum for maximum of N10M for 5years repayment maximum of loan to only those who have successfully completed the Master class training and submitted bankable business plan of high turnover and short payback period
2) provide 1 year world class business support after full funding to the business in ensuring the funded business grow in all its aspects.
If you train people without the capital to enable the business owner implement or practice what he or she has acquired during the selection stage is LIKE U are asking A FARMER TO CULTIVATE AND HARVEST CROPS OR PRODUCE WITH BARE HAND / WITHOUT ANY TOOLS AND RESOURCES.
MAY GOD HELP OUR PRESIDENT BUHARI AND FMF ALONG YOUWIN CONNECT TO MAKE RIGHT DECISION THAT WILL FAVOUR THE MASSES.
IF I HAVE SPOKEN YOUR MIND SAY #YES#
ADENIJI SEGUN
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by ENOCHEUNICE: 1:21am On Mar 15, 2018
I love this but remove the adjective bankable from there cos it is not stated on their slte unless u want to modify it by ursef now.
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by Embaszy(m): 1:48am On Mar 15, 2018
ENOCHEUNICE:
I love this but remove the adjective bankable from there cos it is not stated on their slte unless u want to modify it by ursef now.
Brother take it or leave it you will need a bankable business plan. My area of concern now is for them to come out straight if it's loan we should know the percentage of financing cost in order to prepare a good income statement, statement of financial position and cash flow statement.
But with what I've been hearing hear it seems youwin connect has not really open up on the modality of the programme.
God will mobilize and raise us with unlimited source of capital in Jesus name. Amen
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by top4: 4:08am On Mar 15, 2018
Good news
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by akp202(m): 6:19am On Mar 15, 2018
Hmm
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by ENOCHEUNICE: 6:23am On Mar 15, 2018
@Embazzy,it has not been stated that we will submit a bankable business plan rather a business plan.I believe you know what I talking about,Biz experts said that they are two diff entities.
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by belovedaja(m): 7:17am On Mar 15, 2018
ENOCHEUNICE:
@Embazzy,it has not been stated that we will submit a bankable business plan rather a business plan.I believe you know what I talking about,Biz experts said that they are two diff entities.
Please what is the difference
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by belovedaja(m): 7:19am On Mar 15, 2018
ENOCHEUNICE:
Please what is the difference
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by Embaszy(m): 7:39am On Mar 15, 2018
ENOCHEUNICE:
prepare non bankable business plan bro. Please put me through when you are done.
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by ENOCHEUNICE: 6:04pm On Mar 15, 2018
Any more updates today!!!

1 Like

Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by Starke(m): 6:19pm On Mar 15, 2018
ENOCHEUNICE:
Any more updates today!!!
Yeah! Just one update: We are experiencing a
significant drop in morale...
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by Segzylomo4u: 6:21pm On Mar 15, 2018
Embaszy:
prepare non bankable business plan bro. Please put me through when you are done.

I raised the subject matter and i felt it is better we understand what bankable business plan simply means. No investor will invest into d business that will not bring return on invest (ROI), return on assets (ROA), Repayment plan of initial investment with loan if it is finance by financial institution, high NPV, and short payback period e.t.c.

I just concluded my training today and we were told by youwin rep that this youwin connect is not for loan or grant. It is mainly for training.

The 5000 youths of youwin connect if we are united to ask government to do the needful by providing the successful applicants grant or loan of single digit for us to start up , I am sure the National Assembly will compel the FEDERAL EXECUTIVE COUNCIL to do so.

Election is coming up soon and we the youth of this nation have to decide who should be the next president of this nation. We should be the one to decide for the decison makers in the government and not the other way round.

All our representatives in the northern part of the country should rise up and make peaceful prostest to the ASO ROCK VILLA, NATIONAL ASSEMBLY and FEDERAL MINISTRY OF FINANCE to change their position in favour of the poor masses.

5000 people you selected for the in class training can translate tp 500,000 direct jobs on yearly basis, if only their business ideas are properly funded easily and monitor to world class standard on monthly or quarterly basis.

I suggest a regional, state and national rally by 55,500 online applicants to create awareness in the public #SAY YES TO FUNDING 4 YOUWIN2017#

FOR ELECTION 2019 PLS I ENCOURAGE EVERYBODY TO GET YOUR VOTER CARD SO THAT YOU CAN DECIDE WHO IS BEST TO RULE OUR GREAT COUNTRY FOR BETTER NIGERIA TOMORROW.

EVERY DECISION THAT WILL NOT FAVOUR THE YOUTH OF TODAY AND POOR MASSES MAY ALMIGHTY GOD STRIKE IT OUT BEFORE THE PEOPLE IN THE AUTHORITY IMAGINE IT.

WE ARE WAITING FOR NEXT ACTION AND YOUTHS WILL DECIDE THE FATE OF 2019 ELECTION.

PLS CIRCULATE THIS POST TO ALL MEDIUMS THAT WILL GET THE PEOPLE IN THE AUTHORITY ATTENSION.

GREATEST NIGERIAN YOUTHS
ECHO: GREAT
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by ENOCHEUNICE: 6:51pm On Mar 15, 2018
leonprince:
Someone that finished yesterday said the YOU WIN REP said dat d portal will be opened for biz plan submission soon. Let's just see to d end of d training first. On their site,I believe it was clearly written that all the 5000 selected ones will be awarded certificates and required to submit their biz plans for d areas where their biz needs development.And why asking for that if there is nothing after d training?

1 Like

Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by ENOCHEUNICE: 6:53pm On Mar 15, 2018
Starke:
Yeah! Just one update: A significant drop in morale...
Ehyah,sorry.
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by kessling: 6:56pm On Mar 15, 2018
ENOCHEUNICE:

Well we are made to be aware that our business plan will be assessed by fund managers (venture capitalists ) working in partnership with federal ministry of finance

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (45) (Reply)

I Want To Go Into Keke Napep Business, Please I Need Some Guidelines / Pant Of Lady Hawking Plantain In Leggings In Lagos Shows, Nigerians React / Another American Mistress Exposes Dangote’s Buttocks In Viral Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.