Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,751 members, 7,809,874 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:26 PM

Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 - Business (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 (116048 Views)

Business Competition / YouWiN Beneficiaries Protest Unpaid Grants @Finance Ministry (Pics) / Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (45) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by Greenaly: 10:52pm On Mar 15, 2018
i think with the way youwin connect is going. they are just trying to make us look like fools. i have been quiet, just to observe. youwin connect officials made it known at the training centre that nothing for us and no fund. so i feel we need to make noise. and make this people know we are not jobless and if all they are trying to do is to use to have political advantages. its not in this age. with the social media we can shake them.even if we end up getting nothing. they will feel the heat.
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by kessling: 7:11am On Mar 16, 2018
Greenaly:
i think with the way youwin connect is going. they are just trying to make us look like fools. i have been quiet, just to observe. youwin connect officials made it known at the training centre that nothing for us and no fund. so i feel we need to make noise. and make this people know we are not jobless and if all they are trying to do is to use to have political advantages. its not in this age. with the social media we can shake them.even if we end up getting nothing. they will feel the heat.

Funds will be made available but through fund managers and it's likely to be done before the end of the year. You get funds from them and they own some shares of your business but after 3 years you can buy out their shares
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by Embaszy(m): 7:34am On Mar 16, 2018
Greenaly:
I think the training is scheduled to finish on 24th of this month. I will implore us to wait till the training ends before concluding on FMF course of action.
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by ENOCHEUNICE: 7:35am On Mar 16, 2018
kessling:

Funds will be made available but through fund managers and it's likely to be done before the end of the year. You get funds from them and they own some shares of your business but after 3 years you can buy out their shares
Exactly what I heard but peopple wouldn't listen.It is not even up to 3yrs but 1 yr.
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by oceanwhale4u: 8:00am On Mar 16, 2018
finally all the youwin connect winners in this forum can attest and confirm what I posted about the mission,aims and objectives of setting the youwin connect program basically it is for capacity building (training). but any good profit viable business plan shall be linked to fund managers.I will advise you to put up a high profit oriented d bizness plan because not all your biz plan submission will be taken by fund managers. every investors will want to invest in a profitable bizness with a short time breakeven period at most within 1-3years. Goodluck as you wait for your bizness plan templates submission in the next few week.
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by mildflame: 11:18am On Mar 16, 2018
All these semantics when its time for action is bullSH-IT, Bankable bizness plan blah blah blah fact is FUND MUST be made available
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by Agritech(m): 8:03pm On Mar 16, 2018
oceanwhale4u:
finally all the youwin connect winners in this forum can attest and confirm what I posted about the mission,aims and objectives of setting the youwin connect program basically it is for capacity building (training). but any good profit viable business plan shall be linked to fund managers.I will advise you to put up a high profit oriented d bizness plan because not all your biz plan submission will be taken by fund managers. every investors will want to invest in a profitable bizness with a short time breakeven period at most within 1-3years. Goodluck as you wait for your bizness plan templates submission in the next few week.

What you typed is what we expected. But the youWin officials are saying that it has ended with the training. They said another program would come were all Nigerians would apply for funding. It is like a company that advised for 5 positions, many people applied, 50 were shortlisted for the interview and 5 past. Instead of dealing with the 5, the company is saying he would choose from the CV submitted. Or like saying Man u , Chelsea and every other club in Europe can still play this year champion's league final.
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by Agritech(m): 8:05pm On Mar 16, 2018
mildflame:
All these semantics when its time for action is bullSH-IT, Bankable bizness plan blah blah blah fact is FUND MUST be made available
They should just tell us to submit a business plan, the program can't just end with just a training.
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by ENOCHEUNICE: 8:29pm On Mar 16, 2018
Agritech:
They should just tell us to submit a business plan, the program can't just end with just a training.
Let's just stop giving ourselves unnecessary stress and tension.Whichever way it comes, God will see us through.

3 Likes

Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by Greenaly: 4:54am On Mar 17, 2018
i am not in a rush, but i feel the original plan youwin connect had initially has been tampered with. its turning to a game thing now
kessling:

Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by Agritech(m): 6:35am On Mar 17, 2018
Greenaly:
i am not in a rush, but i feel the original plan youwin connect had initially has been tampered with. its turning to a game thing now

That's true, the more reason we shouldn't keep quite.
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by Embaszy(m): 9:44am On Mar 17, 2018
Though I have not gone for my training of which I will attend this Tuesday. But I won't agree with many people here regarding what the youwin representatives said concerning funding at various centers across the nation. This is a national programme in which the only person that has official information on it is the honorable Minister of finance in person of Kemi Adeosun.
Therefore let stop all these speculations and wait till the master class training ends.
I'm very sure if other TV channels will not grant finance Minster press interview regarding the ongoing speculations, Channels TV will do so.
God will help us as we keep our head straight to our main objective of being an entrepreneur.
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by ENOCHEUNICE: 10:35am On Mar 17, 2018
Embaszy:
Though I have not gone for my training of which I will attend this Tuesday. But I won't agree with many people here regarding what the youwin representatives said concerning funding at various centers across the nation. This is a national programme in which the only person that has official information on it is the honorable Minister of finance in person of Kemi Adeosun.
Therefore let stop all these speculations and wait till the master class training ends.
I'm very sure if other TV channels will not grant finance Minster press interview regarding the ongoing speculations, Channels TV will do so.
God will help us as we keep our head straight to our main objective of being an entrepreneur.
Exactly.I don't know why people are so curious
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by Agritech(m): 10:48am On Mar 17, 2018
Embaszy:

I am hoping what you said is true, but the program coordinator Yemi bello the man at the middle of this pic, that told us in Asaba.
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by crudedude(m): 11:09am On Mar 17, 2018
Take it easy guys. No official statement yet, so it's waste of energy dwelling on conflicting stories.

Meanwhile, do they take attendance at the training or close the door against late comers?
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by Greenaly: 2:27pm On Mar 17, 2018
only if you heard what the youwin connect officials said. apart from that we passed the online stage to actually meet the real people that has been in the hiding. this means a lot , in the classroom i expected us to have a more concrete plan by the FG. they are the mouthpiece and should
be answerable to all the questions. but when the officials dont even understand youwin connect anymore , then there is a problem. even the certificates issued says it all. just like a normal seminar certificate, not even our effort to the exams was acknowledged, just the 3 days attendance. and for the agent to start apologising, saying he has once been disappointed so he knows how we feel to be disappointed. he said it over and over no moneyyyyyyyyyyyy. all i know is youwin connect had a fantastic idea. but i feel something is wrong somewhere. they cant come this far to start playing politics. to cancel the first exam and take time to restructure is no joke, but for the 3 days training - its the opposite. telling us that people can render us help with the weak certificate. i feel we should start acting. i am only saying this so that those that are yet to go for training will know how to tackle and restructure d questions. the ending of the training had no hope period. after the online exams atleast we knew what was next and what to hope for. but for d training dint see a thing called hope
ENOCHEUNICE:
Exactly.I don't know why people are so curious
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by aphrodisiac(m): 10:22pm On Mar 17, 2018
A friend of mine said a trainer said the portal will soon be opened to start accepting business plan. So instead of exhibiting all these negativity online I urge all to be optimistic. A word is enough for the wise they say.

3 Likes

Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by ENOCHEUNICE: 10:38pm On Mar 17, 2018
aphrodisiac:
A friend of mine said a trainer said the portal will soon be opened to start accepting business plan. So instead of exhibiting all these negativity online I urge all to be optimistic. A word is enough for the wise they say.
A candidate from North East once said dat earlier on but my people still clamour and rant.

2 Likes

Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by Nobody: 10:52pm On Mar 17, 2018
ENOCHEUNICE:
A candidate from North East ounce said dat earlier on but my people still clamour and rant.

So, after reading Greenaly's comment above, you still feel they are just clamoring and ranting?! Even with other previous comments of those that have attended and still backed his/her submission?! Okay o. Mine is on Monday. I'll give details. Thanks Greenaly for your submission.
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by ENOCHEUNICE: 11:28pm On Mar 17, 2018
pp802:

So, after reading Greenaly's comment above, you still feel they are just clamoring and ranting?! Even with other previous comments of those that have attended and still backed his/her submission?! Okay o. Mine is on Monday. I'll give details. Thanks Greenaly for your submission.
Those facilitators are not in the know of what would be.We recently heard dat FG has spent some amount on previous awardees and you guy now think dat urs would be an exception.
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by Nobody: 5:45am On Mar 18, 2018
A COMMUNIQUÉ ISSUED BY THE PARTICIPANTS OF THE YOUWIN CONNECT ACADEMY (MASTER CLASS) AT THE END OF THE FACE TO FACE TRAINING HELD AT THE LABOUR HALL, NIGERIA LABOUR CONGRESS, ASABA, DELTA STATE .

Participants bring to the notice of the Federal government of Nigeria, the Federal Ministry of Finance, Stake Holders of the Youth Enterprise with Innovation in Nigeria(YouWIN) connect programme, all concerned Nigerians who are passionate about the development of young entrepreneurs and youth in Nigeria, and the general public that:

(i) As part of the ongoing YouWIN connect capacity building programme, an in-class sector specific training tagged 'YouWIN Connect Academy' held in Labour House, Asaba, Delta state from Wednesday 14th March to Friday, 16th March, 2018.

(ii) 250 persons were invited via emails and SMS from various towns, cities and communities of Edo and Delta States of which 245 persons were in attendance.

(iii) Participants at Asaba YouWIN Connect Academy make a small percentage of the 5000 National, Regional and State winners who had been chosen from over 61,000 persons who partook in the online training and are receiving training scheduled to take place in 25 locations across the six geopolitical zones for 3 days each. It was a face to face training that was delivered by J.K. Consulting Co. Ltd which builds on what participants previously learnt during the online training and will hopefully increase participants’ chances of succeeding as business owners.

(iv) Participants received trainings targeted at specific sectors of Information and Communication Technology, Fashion, Agriculture/ Agro- processing, Manufacturing, and construction with Business Model Canvass (BMC), Cluster specific BMC and Business Plan, as courses taken and were given Certificates at the end.

(v) Participants commend the Federal Government, the Federal Ministry of Finance and all stake holders of the YouWIN connect programme for the brilliant initiative targeted at empowering young entrepreneurs of our dear country Nigeria.

(vi) Participants commend all resource persons used for all the trainings in all locations across the 6 geo political zones of the country, especially J.K. Consulting Co. Ltd who anchored the programme at the Asaba venue.

(vii) Participants also commend the various Government officials especially the representative of the YouWIN connect programme Mr. Yemi Bello who took out time to visit and ensure the smooth running of the programme and responded to the questions raised at the interactive sessions.

(viii) Participants also highly commend all trainees who partook in the training for their high level of commitment, good conduct and active participation that led to the success of the 3–day training, all of whom solely bore the cost of transportation, hotel accommodation and other logistics on their own.

(ix) Participants observe with serious concern that the YouWIN connect programme had gone through different sequential stages of awareness, campaign to registration, application, selection, online training and face to face training, with promises that:

a) All successful participants will receive certification on completion of the training and will be required to submit a business plan for areas where their businesses require improvements.

b) All successfully funded businesses (start-up/existing) will receive a 1 year business development support (this includes introducing businesses to DFIs for further funding)

(x) Participants observe that at the various stages of the application, selection and online training, several persons were dropped based on merit. Participants also observe with disdain that there hasn't been a scheduled time table for the YouWIN connect programme.

(xi) Participants note with interest that at the awareness campaign held in various locations especially in Labour House, Asaba, Delta state and Elora Hotel, Benin City Edo state in July 2017, they were told that they could access as much as ₦10,000,000 to ₦25,000,000 for their individual businesses.

(xii) Participants bring to the remembrance of the government that the present successful 5000 winners who took/are taking part in the ongoing face to face training across the country were chosen from about 61,000 persons who took the Youwin LMS online training sessions and scored very high marks.

(xiii) Participants also note that the 5,000 successful participants were tagged WINNERS based on National, Regional and State merit.

(xiv) Participants note that all who attended the training came with the same mind that they had scaled the hurdles of competition and are to be beneficiaries of the Federal Government Funding for their individual businesses.

(xv) Participants also bring to the notice of the government and the general public that FUNDING is a major SETBACK for young entrepreneurs partaking in this programme.

(xvi) Participants were informed by the YouWIN connect Representative that only ₦2.5 billion was set aside for series funding. Little as this may be, participants are shocked that the said sum of money will be open to all, including those who never partook in the YouWIN connect process, from the beginning, connoting that very few participants' businesses if any will be funded. Not to mention the information we came to be aware of, that little or no preference will be given to 5,000 acclaimed Winners.

(xvii) Participants observe with concern that it is quite disheartening, discouraging and highly deceptive to have made 5000 acclaimed Winners to leave their homes, families, businesses, solely bearing the cost of transportation, hotel accommodation and logistics for mere training and certification. One may ask what then have been won by the National, Regional and State acclaimed Winners? What is going to be the benefit of all the sacrifices made so far? Of what benefit is business knowledge without capital to execute?

(xviii) Participants wish to remind the government that the Youwin connect programme can take the lead in empowering young entrepreneurs to plan, start and grow their businesses and become business moguls who will impart positively on the economy of Nigeria in the nearest future. This would lead to creation of jobs and decline in the high unemployment rate of our dear country.

(xix) Participants wish to state confidently that no investment in young entrepreneurs will be too much as the massive positive impact cannot be overemphasized.

(xx) Participants use this medium to appeal to the Federal Government to make enough FUNDS available to the 5,000 National, Regional and State Winners who participated in the YouWIN connect academy in all locations of the training in Nigeria, as soon as their business plans are submitted. Doing otherwise may mean that government has no confidence in the quality of trainings (online and face to face) they offered to participants and this could be interpreted as manipulation and Oppression of young entrepreneurs. The government should note that even if a percentage of the 5,000 acclaimed WINNERS end up successful, the YouWIN connect programme will still be considered a huge success.

(xxi) Participants wish to state that if funds are given to all the 5000 acclaimed winners, who have workable business plans, a level playing ground would be created for all to perform. All these young entrepreneurs could become the future Dangotes, Otedolas, Elumelus, etc and many other big names in business in Nigeria today.

(xxii) Participants strongly support the idea of grants or equity funding for the sustainability of the YouWIN connect programme and ask for close monitoring for all would be recipients of the proposed funds.

(xxiii) As earlier stated, participants re – emphasize that they believe in the YouWIN connect programme to take the lead in empowering Young Nigerian entrepreneurs as done by other organizations like Shell LiveWire, Tony Elumelu Foundation who still fund young entrepreneurs till date.

Signed

YouWIN Edo - Delta master class participants

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by ol2012: 5:59am On Mar 18, 2018
ENOCHEUNICE:
Thanks bro, don't mind the mr know all.From all indications,there are factors that should make one consider it as grants and not loans. @ ayus the submission of biz is not d next stage yet.No in-class training yet. Just keep praying that we are selected alongside the 5000. May God see us through.

Oga ENOCHEUNICE
I could not help but shake my head going through a number of your posts on this thread, considering the manner in which you keep displaying your ignorance. I can confirm you lack a basic understanding of the different funding types available to businesses, as your comments clearly shows you take the word "funding" to mean grants. See, business funding could come as either a grant, loan or equity.
Having said that, going by your quoted comment above in which you refer to me as "Mr Know All" . I keep wondering who the Mr know all is between you and me(your guess is as good as mine) I already forsaw what is currently going on, when I posted the comment with the link, where it was clearly stated that that this current youwin connect program's funding model is equity(co investment model) and not grant as you and some other people were already hoping for.
I had earlier posted a comment where I stated the Hon Finance Minister reaffirmed the fact that youwin connect is essentially about capacity building and equity funding under a co investment model. If you were a smart entrepreneur, all you needed to do was to meet an economist to explain co-investment equity funding model to you, instead of displaying your crass ignorance.
Let me also restate as I earlier did that though youwin connect is a rebranded version of youwin, they are two entirely different government initiatives, with completely different objectives. The present government indeed released some funds(grants) to some outstanding youwin beneficiaries, but that does not mean the objectives of youwin connect has been altered. Hopefully when you attend the in class training, things will get clearer to you.
Good morning and happy Sunday(in case you're a christian)
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by ENOCHEUNICE: 6:54am On Mar 18, 2018
@ol2012,why greeting me good morning and wishing happy sunday after calling me crass for writing mr Know-All?Actually, u v gone too far cos u don't know where we can meet 2morw.Pls always display good manner in the public. Thanks.
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by ol2012: 9:31am On Mar 18, 2018
ENOCHEUNICE:
@ol2012,why greeting me good morning and wishing happy sunday after calling me crass for writing mr Know-All?Actually, u v gone too far cos u don't know where we can meet 2morw.Pls always display good manner in the public. Thanks.

I was hoping you'll be remorseful and caution yourself before posting more comments on this thread after seeing my last post. I have to repeat this "crass ignorance" aptly describe lots of your comments I have read on this thread, and I'm really surprised all you could come up is the above quoted.
You initially accussed me of being Mr know all when indeed you are the one displaying the trait here. I corrected you and instead of cautioning yourself before making further comments, you came up with manner issues again! You need to take time to go through your posts to see how mannerless lots of them portray you.
This is a public forum and not your father's house where nobody is permitted to correct you weather you are right or wrong. I really cannot fathom how you intend to manage people working under you with this very horrible attitude of yours. If your type happen to work under me, you won't last two week before I sack you honestly.
Kindly send me a PM and I'll find time to talk some sense into you without further disturbing others on this thread.
Meanwhile no vex for greeting you good morning and happy sunday in my last post.

1 Like

Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by donfrank01: 10:24am On Mar 18, 2018
@ol201. Can you please reiterate that to her(ENOCHEUNICE) again? hahahah grin.

I thought i was the only one observing her arrogant comments.

Am sure she will revert in her USUAL confronting and defensive manner.

You just need to mind the use of your words especially on public platforms like this.

please don't expect to see my comment/reaction to you again. Am just a distance observer trying to make common sense. Good luck dear.
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by NHEM0iL: 12:04pm On Mar 18, 2018
YouWin back??

Coming back one more time to modify

Abeg someone should help me draft a FTC speech and another person should draft
a Youwin business plan/application
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by ENOCHEUNICE: 12:42pm On Mar 18, 2018
@ol2012 If u actually needed my apology,u would v shown a good sense of humour by asking for that instead of calling me names.Don't u think u v gone too far by mentioning my father in the public?Anyway, i v sent u a PM and will be xpecting ur coahing skills.The good general public who have felt insulted apart from d proud,pls forgive me cos u never can tell where we meet 2mrw.Thanks
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by linconel: 1:43pm On Mar 18, 2018
The media is already taking this matter up, I just saw this news on Youwin, is it that serious?

http://olikareporters.com/5000-youwin-connect-winners-plan-massive-protest-against-fg-as-facilitators-tell-them-no-money-a-clear-deviation-from-jonathans-regime/

I believe as long as last year winners though they were just 1500 were funded, this year won't be different but the media campaign is still good because our politicians could be 'funny'. God help us all
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by Starke(m): 4:13pm On Mar 18, 2018
Finally someone has figured that ENOCHEUNICE is a woman, One point to donfrank01.

@ol2012, damn! Yhur English is superb!

Finally make una chill. Enoch Eunice is insufferable sometimes but she keeps the thread mills rolling with her chit chat.
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by ENOCHEUNICE: 4:42pm On Mar 18, 2018
i reserve my comments till..................
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by Godson00001: 6:07pm On Mar 18, 2018
ENOCHEUNICE:
i reserve my comments till..................
I really didnt no u r a woman. Even wen quotin u all d while i was tinkin u r a man. Anyways pls dont get vexed by wat som said abt ur comments. Just no dat som of us stil appreciate u for makin d thread lifely n d way u kept updatin us. Thanx n hav a wonderful day
Re: Youwin Connect Business Competition 2017 by Greenaly: 6:32pm On Mar 18, 2018
A friend of yours said so, but the YouWIN agents said nothing, they have the right to give us every details we need to know, by now we are not suppose to be guessing but have a concrete know what next and be optimistic on it, not optimistic on shadows. And mind you this is not a negative online urge, but an information on what I saw and observed. You seem not to understand our right. We are suppose to be Youwin ambassadors and we are not suppose to be having doubts at this stage. I should by now be able to pick up my phone and call any of the YouWIN connect officials and ask questions where need be not just to be listening to someone that is yet to benefit from youwin. I feel we start planning on what to do now. We need to act and protest. Our chances will be so slim after election. I just pray we all understand. Youwin connect was suppose to be an advance version of Youwin. I still feel something is hidden.
aphrodisiac:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (45) (Reply)

I Want To Go Into Keke Napep Business, Please I Need Some Guidelines / Pant Of Lady Hawking Plantain In Leggings In Lagos Shows, Nigerians React / Another American Mistress Exposes Dangote’s Buttocks In Viral Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.