Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,536 members, 7,819,918 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

Bayelsa Legislator Debunks Malicious Report: This Is Not My Constituency Project - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayelsa Legislator Debunks Malicious Report: This Is Not My Constituency Project (372 Views)

Kennedy Ibeh Builds Betting Shop, Commissions It As Constituency Project / Arrest Lawless Bayelsa Legislator, Gov. Dickson Tells Security Agencies / Photo: ‘while Others Rent Shops I Built This In My Constituency – Dino Melaye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bayelsa Legislator Debunks Malicious Report: This Is Not My Constituency Project by iamthetruth: 7:16pm On Jul 25, 2017
My attention has just been drawn to a very false, malicious and provocative post being circulated by lazy bloggers and journalists yesterday about my humble self constructing and commissioning a floating latrine as my constituency project for the good people of my constituency. Ordinarily, I am engaged with a whole lot of important activities that would improve the lives of my constituents. But, for the safeguarding of my prestige and the office I occupy, it is important to give a true version of what transpired.

Although, it is quite sad and unfortunate how investigative journalism has been decimated by the advancement of the social media. Online bloggers today, engage in the act of sharing reports and news on their platforms as copied from other platforms, without making conscious efforts to verify the veracity or authenticity of such reports. Even more saddening is the fact that most social media users are quick to react most times negatively to such false publications.

My attention was drawn to the immediate and pressing concerns of some aged persons in my community who are in dire need of latrines to quickly answer the call of nature when the need arises. As a result of the urgency of the need, the available economic means, the need to make the latrine as close as possible to these aged persons and the geographical terrain; I benevolently made some personal funds available for them to ameliorate the condition urgently as they deemed fit.

I want to unequivocally state that this is not a constituency project, and as such was never commissioned. The handing over of the latrines to the aged persons after the construction was done by one of my supporters and covered on camera for record purposes, but not for publication. I was not there and it should be interesting to note that the supposed pictures did not show me present there or any commissioning taking place. I was also made to understand that out of excitement, one of my supporters captured the handing over of the latrine and posted the same on social media without my consent. As innocent as the act was, it created a platform for blackmailers and detractors to distort the true facts of the incident in order to advance an adverse and mundane cause. Let me also state for record purposes that the yearnings and aspirations of my constituents is my primary concern and I have performed satisfactorily most especially on education and health without any undue notoriety from the media.

Finally, as stated earlier it is most unfortunate that the facts of the incident were distorted in order to portray a bad impression to the public. However, I implore all well meaning Nigerians to make reasonable efforts to investigate the facts before reacting to publications most especially those made online. I must say I remain unperturbed by this act of cheap blackmail and I will continue to wax stronger in promoting and advancing the cause of my constituents, without giving much consideration to any form of malicious attempts or acts under any guise. This is a cause for which I am prepared to undertake irrespective of whatever it takes using all the available means at my disposal and within the ambits of the law.

Signed
Re: Bayelsa Legislator Debunks Malicious Report: This Is Not My Constituency Project by iamthetruth: 7:22pm On Jul 25, 2017
Chai Shara Reporters are done with Dino melaye, they have entered House of Assembly members. How much did they think she was going to pay for them to take down the story! Ultra modern ko, Ultra Modern ni, they captioned it that way for the world to see her in bad light. SMH

(1) (Reply)

Army Chief Grants Special Promotion To Troops In OPERATION LAFIA DOLE / Fani-kayode Urges Buhari To Resign / The New London Museum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.